Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

159 Finish Dishwasher Detergent Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 11, 2019

This product leaves a very heavy detergent crust on all of my dishes. No matter what I do this film is left on my dishes. The green label all-in-one that works had disappeared from the shelves. I want the green label back!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought a pack of Finish Powerball Quantum Ultimate "new" in a plastic box 65x yesterday (24/04/2019) and I will return it to Waitrose today. I've never done that in my life, but I prefer to do the washing-up by hand than using this product. It's not clean and there is a layer of the product left on the outside of the tableware. I've never had this problem with this brand before but I will buy another brand until the problem is resolved.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought this product at Sam’s Club because it was on sale. After a few washes I felt like my dishes were not getting clean and that there was a white film over my dishes. I decided to clean the dishwasher thinking that was the issue and come to find out my filter had melted plastic pieces stuck to it and the bottom of my dishwasher would have water sitting it in. I feel like my dishes are more dirty after the wash than they were before. Highly disappointed in this product.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After years of using Finish I am not happy with it. The tablets and powerball are not dissolving. Actually it either stays in the open compartment or falls partially out and breaks apart in chucks and then doesn't dissolve. On the occasion when it does dissolve it leaves a film all over the dishes. I really don't like Cascade but may have to try that. What's the point of having a dishwasher that doesn't clean your dishes!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have been using Finish Pods for several years with no problems. Now the company changed the wrapper on the pods to a sticky substance. I started to notice my dishes have a sticky glue like substance on them that I can't get off. I looked up the reviews of this product & realized others having the same problem. I have a 2 year old Bosch dishwasher & I don't want to ruin it so I am going to have to change brands. I can't use Cascade because it was turning my white dishes yellow. I was extremely happy when Finish got them white again but now I don't know what I will use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Dishwasher Detergent?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We have used it for ages with zero issues. Now however, after the normal wash cycle was completed and we opened our dishwasher, the 'cube' was mostly intact sitting on top on the vase right under the detergent door. The red ball/goop was laying in the bottom. My wife grabbed the blue cube and it actually started burning her fingers before she dropped it in the sink. The red goop came out without any burn/pain. Then we cleaned up the pieces of cube that we could see, after getting some gloves, reran the rinse cycle, and now the bottom is filled with suds.

Not sure why all of the sudden this is a problem. However, as I read other reviews I noticed no one had said anything about a whole house water treatment system/softener which we have. I had thought at first maybe it was just hard water causing the issues for others but since ours is doing the same thing we can surmise water condition (hard/soft) does not play a significant role in the failure to work.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After been a loyal customer for years I have recently discovered the "ball" is not a ball, it is more of a funky "disco biscuit". I suffer from OCD and after using the same product for years and now feeling that the company are misleading consumers like myself who are only interested in the red "ball". With my OCD in overdrive and won't let me buy another product and my dignity not letting me buy Finish products I now have dirty dishes everywhere. I hope they are happy with themself and all the money I have gave over the years while I have dirty plates.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have used and recommended Finish dishwasher detergent for seven years; now it is terrible. The dishes come out dirty. At first, we thought it was the dishwasher so I rinsed the dishes well before putting them in but no good. When we used another product, the dishes were clean. I have noticed the tablet is smaller and sealed in plastic. Up until the last batch, I had to open the packet. The new Finish product does not clean...may even leave chemicals on the dishes!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

The pods are not dissolving at all. Dishes have a film all over them. I have to check everything. There are actually pieces of pods on some things as well as the bottom of the dishwasher. I have a brand new Samsung dishwasher (4 months old) as well as a brand new water heater (less than a year old). I was wondering about the quality of the water until I started reading other reviews. I will switch to another brand.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

When the US decided to take a cleaning chemical out of the soap, white film starting appearing on dishes. It was not the dishwasher as most thought but

the Soap. I started using Finish later and found it worked like before. The government and environmental dept got involved. Now can't find the Finish in the 'granular' and bought Cascade. Cascade and leaving my silverware stained and looking unwashed. I am not sure if a film is being left on the other dishes but

I am wiping them before I put them away. Just have to hope some stores or Finish will still be supplying the Granular type detergent to stores. Clearwater, FL.

Finish Dishwasher Detergent Company Information