Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Finish Dishwasher Detergent Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Dishwasher Detergent?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Dishwasher Detergent?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Before I discovered Finish Dishwasher detergent I was using an store brand dishwasher detergent. My dishes were always dirty and I thought it was my dishwasher and I was going to purchase another one. I wanted to make sure that it was not my dishwasher that was malfunctioning so I tried using a different dishwasher detergent first. I paid the extra money to purchase Finish and I am so glad that I did. My dishes are always clean and dry. I will continue to use Finish as my dishwasher detergent.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have used Finish Max in 1 for years. Always happy with the results. Cascade is terrible. Now that Finish changed the tabs to the new “wrapper free” I’ve had crust and scum clogging my dishwasher. They do not dissolve. I have to rewash dishes by hand. I’m really mad since we bought two packages thus wasting quite a bit of money. So mad!

Get buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Top of the line LG washer always used powder no problems. Started using the tablets and after some time noticed water not draining. Regularly clean filters, didnt understand why, used cleaners but problem got worse over the next 6 months, so I cleaned and cleaned and stopped putting the wrappers in the machine. I removed them first and used a different brand whose wrappers were easy to remove. What a difference it made. After a couple of weeks the water drained away. I continued removing wrappers for about a year, no problems. A bother to remove wrappers daily so when needed to get another pack of tablets saw advertised "94 WRAPPER FREE TABS" advertised on the Finish All in 1 Max. At last someone else has concluded the wrappers caused problems.

When I opened pack I found they are wrapped and in fine print on the back it says do not unwrap tablets. Three days into pack and it's begun again, water on the floor of the machine. How can such a major company get it so wrong. Yes I get the white film on glassware, dirty water laying on dishes and yes I still clean filter and run cleaners through the machine on a very regular basis. I hate this product and I rate it with zero stars but it won't allow that so the one star is forced on me. Will contact them and insist on money back.

Original review: June 11, 2019

This product leaves a very heavy detergent crust on all of my dishes. No matter what I do this film is left on my dishes. The green label all-in-one that works had disappeared from the shelves. I want the green label back!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought a pack of Finish Powerball Quantum Ultimate "new" in a plastic box 65x yesterday (24/04/2019) and I will return it to Waitrose today. I've never done that in my life, but I prefer to do the washing-up by hand than using this product. It's not clean and there is a layer of the product left on the outside of the tableware. I've never had this problem with this brand before but I will buy another brand until the problem is resolved.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought this product at Sam’s Club because it was on sale. After a few washes I felt like my dishes were not getting clean and that there was a white film over my dishes. I decided to clean the dishwasher thinking that was the issue and come to find out my filter had melted plastic pieces stuck to it and the bottom of my dishwasher would have water sitting it in. I feel like my dishes are more dirty after the wash than they were before. Highly disappointed in this product.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After years of using Finish I am not happy with it. The tablets and powerball are not dissolving. Actually it either stays in the open compartment or falls partially out and breaks apart in chucks and then doesn't dissolve. On the occasion when it does dissolve it leaves a film all over the dishes. I really don't like Cascade but may have to try that. What's the point of having a dishwasher that doesn't clean your dishes!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have been using Finish Pods for several years with no problems. Now the company changed the wrapper on the pods to a sticky substance. I started to notice my dishes have a sticky glue like substance on them that I can't get off. I looked up the reviews of this product & realized others having the same problem. I have a 2 year old Bosch dishwasher & I don't want to ruin it so I am going to have to change brands. I can't use Cascade because it was turning my white dishes yellow. I was extremely happy when Finish got them white again but now I don't know what I will use.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We have used it for ages with zero issues. Now however, after the normal wash cycle was completed and we opened our dishwasher, the 'cube' was mostly intact sitting on top on the vase right under the detergent door. The red ball/goop was laying in the bottom. My wife grabbed the blue cube and it actually started burning her fingers before she dropped it in the sink. The red goop came out without any burn/pain. Then we cleaned up the pieces of cube that we could see, after getting some gloves, reran the rinse cycle, and now the bottom is filled with suds.

Not sure why all of the sudden this is a problem. However, as I read other reviews I noticed no one had said anything about a whole house water treatment system/softener which we have. I had thought at first maybe it was just hard water causing the issues for others but since ours is doing the same thing we can surmise water condition (hard/soft) does not play a significant role in the failure to work.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After been a loyal customer for years I have recently discovered the "ball" is not a ball, it is more of a funky "disco biscuit". I suffer from OCD and after using the same product for years and now feeling that the company are misleading consumers like myself who are only interested in the red "ball". With my OCD in overdrive and won't let me buy another product and my dignity not letting me buy Finish products I now have dirty dishes everywhere. I hope they are happy with themself and all the money I have gave over the years while I have dirty plates.

Finish Dishwasher Detergent Company Information