Best Bathroom and Kitchen Faucet Brands
ConsumerAffairs Research Team
Updated on 11/09/2017
Modern bathroom and kitchen faucet designs implement many types of technology to make installing and operating your faucet easier than older models. Almost all new faucet models are designed to improve water efficiency, which saves you money in the long run. Here’s what you need to know about faucet features, technology and types.
Thanks for subscribing!You’ll be the first to receive our tips and recommendations. Stay tuned!
Compare Reviews for Top Bathroom and Kitchen Faucet Brands
Read 580 Reviews
Founded in 2003, eFaucets is an online retailer that sells high-quality, high-end kitchen and bath fixtures from top manufacturers. You can browse multiple brands of bathroom, shower, tub and outdoor faucets.
Read 11 Reviews
Delta designs and manufactures kitchen and bathroom fixtures such as toilets, tub and shower faucets and sink faucets. Faucets range in price from under $100 to over $600.
Read 13 Reviews
Moen designs and makes bathroom and kitchen fixtures and accessories, including faucets. Its faucets vary in price depending on type but range from around $100 to $1,000.
Read 223 Reviews
Kohler was founded in 1873 and today makes bathroom and kitchen fixtures. You can choose from multiple styles and models of faucets, toilets, tubs, shower heads and more.
|American Standard Plumbing|
Read 89 Reviews
American Standard provides technologically advanced bathroom fixtures to make any bathroom more modern. View all models of toilets, sinks, faucets, showers and bathtubs online.
|Faucet.com||Read Expert Review|
Faucet.com is an online retailer for plumbing products. It provides a wide selection from top brands that make kitchen, bathroom and lighting fixtures and hardware.
|FaucetDirect.com||Read Expert Review|
FaucetDirect.com is an online retailer of bathroom and kitchen showers, sinks and faucets. It sells faucets from all major brands and more.
|GROHE||Read Expert Review|
Based in Germany, GROHE values technology, quality, design and sustainability when making bathroom and kitchen fixtures. It has over 100 bathroom faucets and multiple kitchen faucet designs with different technology.
|Kraus||Read Expert Review|
Kraus manufactures plumbing centerpieces and accessories based on European designs. It makes multiple styles and types of kitchen and bathroom faucets available at any home improvement store or online appliance retailer.
|Pfister||Read Expert Review|
Pfister has been making kitchen and bathroom faucets for over 100 years. You can choose between traditional, transitional or modern designs, all with different finishes and colors.
What faucet features and technology should you consider?
Improved water efficiency
Check for the EPA’s WaterSense seal before you buy a faucet. WaterSense labeled faucets use a maximum flow rate of 1.5 gallons of water per minute (gpm). This is a 30 percent reduction in gpm from the standard faucets, which produce around 2.2 gpm.
Touch-free and touch-activated technology
Each brand has their own touch-free and touch-activated technology, but they all work in similar fashion. You can find faucets that use a small turbine-charged battery (charged by water flow) that powers the motion sensor, as opposed to hooking them up to your electrical system like some faucets that use motion sensors.
Changing bathroom and kitchen faucets today are as easy as changing a lightbulb. Many brands use varying designs that let you swap out your faucet without ever having to go below the sink. You either snap them into place or tighten them on top of the sink.
The majority of faucets today are made with a spot-free, easy-clean coating. Whether you choose brushed nickel or stainless steel, you won’t have to worry about water spots, fingerprints or buildup appearing on the surface.
How does carbonated water straight from your kitchen faucet sound? What about filtered chilled water? A lot of brands make faucets with built-in filters and CO2 cartridges and chillers to make these features a reality. One bottle of CO2 will give you around 75 liters of carbonated water. Water-enhancing faucets are great for entertaining or if you just prefer sparkling water over tap water. If you just want regular tap water, you can set a switch to that setting.
Faucets with fixture-cooling technology are designed with a barrier between hot water and the metal faucet. It’s a great feature if you have small children who might reach up and grab your tub faucet.
Almost all brands make and sell faucets that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you or a family member have dexterity issues or limited mobility, check out the many different models and styles of ADA compliant faucets available. ADA faucets using technology like motion sensors and tap sensors to turn the water on and off, as well as sensors that shut the water off after a set period of time.
What are the different types of bathroom and kitchen faucets?
A pulldown faucet uses a spray nozzle that pulls straight into your sink. They’re great in the kitchen for cleaning dishes or produce.
A pull-out faucet differs from a pulldown in that a pull-out has a faucet body that works in a straight line, while a pulldown has a curved body that can only be pulled downward.
A single-handle faucet uses one lever you can position left or right to get warm or cold water. They come in hundreds of styles for your kitchen or bathroom.
A dual-handle faucet has separate hot and cold levers. They can be attached to the same centerpiece or a few inches apart but are always next to the main spout. They require separate hot and cold water connections.
Commercial style faucets have long, flexible designs and usually don’t have a much of a cover. Some designs include multiple taps that dispense different flow-styles in one model. They’re great for large sinks and give your kitchen a modern look.
Pot-filler faucets are often found installed above an oven range and have extendable arms to reach over a pot. They’re typically mounted into your wall.
Motion detection faucets use a sensor to start the water flow when you pass your hand or objects within around 4 inches of the faucet. They’re a good fit for bathrooms and kitchens.
Pressure sensor faucets turn off and on with a tap from the back of your hand, wrist or forearm. They’re great for kitchen sinks when your hands get dirty while cooking.
Which faucet style best fits your home?
If you like a traditional look, choose a design with classic colors and finishes like brass, bronze and shiny nickel.
If you like a modern look but aren’t quite ready to go full-modern, check out each brand's transitional style collections. This style blends rustic looks with modern style.
If you’re looking to spice up your kitchen or bathroom with a sleek, bold and edgy look, choose a faucet from a contemporary collection and bring out your artistic spirit!
Bathroom and kitchen faucet expert reviews
Founded in 2003, eFaucets is an online retailer selling high-quality faucets for your home. It has a variety of brands to choose from and includes bathroom, shower, tub and outdoor faucets. eFaucet’s website lists all prices and has multiple filters to make it easy to find exactly what you want.
Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.
American Standard has been designing and making bathroom and kitchen fixtures for over 140 years. It makes multiple styles of faucets for your kitchen and bathroom sink, as well as shower and tub. Faucet prices range from around $140 to over $700.
FaucetDirect.com is an online retailer of bathroom and kitchen fixtures such as toilets, tubs, sinks and faucets. You can choose from thousands of styles and finishes and hundreds of brands of faucets at discounted prices. Prices range from under $100 to over $1,000.
- Installation types: FaucetDirect.com sells faucets with all of the main installation types. Choose from widespread, single-hole, centerset, vessel, wall-mount and mini-widespread. You can filter each type when shopping online so you know you’re only browsing the installation type that fits your sink.
- Colors and finishes: FaucetDirect.com has a large selection of finishes and colors to choose from. It has over 1,000 faucets in the most popular colors like chromes, nickel tones and bronze tones.
- Clearance center: FaucetDirect.com has a clearance page on its website where it lists faucets and fixtures that are heavily marked down. The clearance web page includes faucets from multiple brands and with varying colors and technology.
- Faucet features: Faucets are available with multiple technology and features. Choose from waterfall faucets, ADA compliant faucets, low-lead certified and WaterSense certified faucets.
- Free shipping: FaucetDirect.com offers free standard shipping on orders of over $49. This includes anywhere in the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada.
- Best for: consumers looking for a big selection of faucets at discounted prices.
Delta designs and makes bathroom and kitchen fixtures like toilets, shower and tub faucets and sink faucets. You can choose a faucet from over 40 collections and 10 colors and finishes. You can also choose a faucet with different technology like tap-on and ADA compliant models. Prices range from under $100 to over $600.
With corporate offices around the world, Moen is a worldwide bathroom and kitchen fixture brand. It designs and sells multiple collections of faucets in different colors and finishes. Choose from modern or traditional styles and one of four installation types.
Kraus is known for designing and manufacturing bathroom and kitchen fixtures and accessories. Choose from modern and classic designs in multiple finishes and colors.
- Kitchen faucets: Kraus makes multiple types and styles of kitchen faucets like bar/prep faucets, pull-out and pulldown faucets and commercial-style faucets. All kitchen faucets come with a lifetime limited warranty.
- Bathroom faucets: Kraus makes faucets that fit vessel or basin bathroom sinks. You can also choose between widespread and centerset installation types, depending on your plumbing set up. Kraus also makes waterfall bathroom sink faucets for people with a single-hole plumbing set up.
- Hands ‘n Pans flow: Kraus kitchen faucets with Hands ‘n Pans adjustable flow control let you easily go from washing your hands with a gentle stream to rinsing your dishes with a more powerful flow.
- Reach Technology: Kraus faucets with Reach Technology have retractable sprayers made from flexible nylon hosing material.
- Where to buy: Kraus has a section on their website with links to all brands that let you shop for their products online. You can also input your zip code to find the closest retailer that sells their products.
- Best for: consumers looking for a practical faucet design for their bathroom or kitchen.
Based in Germany, GROHE designs and makes bathroom and kitchen appliances based around technology, convenience and sustainability.
- LadyLux touch: LadyLux touch is an innovative feature that lets you control the water flow with a touch of your wrist, forearm or back of your hand. You can choose to have the touch function in a cold water version or upgrade to include warm water, which is controlled by a thermostat.
- GROHE Blue technology: GROHE Blue lets you have filtered, chilled, carbonated water straight from the faucet. GROHE Blue Pure lets you have filtered, non-chilled water straight from the faucet. The water temperature and intensity are regulated by the faucets lever, while the left GROHE Blue knob regulates the carbonic-acid content of the filtered a chilled water. Order replacement filters and C02 bottles online.
- SilkMove technology: GROHE’s SilkMove technology can be found on single-handle faucets and offers smooth, gradual and precise control of the water flow and temperature. The technology uses ceramic discs and cartridges to create a gliding motion.
- CoolTouch technology: GROHE’s CoolTouch technology makes sure the entire outer surface of your faucet never exceeds your preferred shower temperature. The thermostats include a cooling channel, creating a barrier between the hot water and chrome surface.
- GROHE Light: GROHE Light is GROHE’s handmade brass that minimizes the presence of lead and nickel in drinking water.
- Best for: consumers wanting a technologically advanced faucet for their bathroom or kitchen.
Pfister has been designing and making bathroom and kitchen faucets and accessories for over 100 years. Choose from over eight types and more than 15 finishes and colors.
- SoftTouch: Pfister faucets with SoftTouch technology are designed with ergonomic cushion throughout the faucet design. This makes gripping easier when surfaces are wet.
- TiteSeal: Pfister’s TiteSeal faucets have a deckplate that’s made to be easily installed and provide a watertight seal without the need for putty or silicone.
- Xtract: Pfister faucets with Xtract technology provide filtered water and regular tap water from the same faucet, at a speed of two times faster than standard water filter products. By using high-flow filtration, it reduces contaminants like chlorine, lead and pharmaceuticals.
- Elevate: The Elevate faucet lets you adjust the faucet height to either low, medium or high. This feature makes it easy to wash large items when you need to. It also features a pulldown spray nozzle with a switch for spray or stream water flow.
- React: Pfister faucets with React technology turn water on and off when an object is passed within 4 inches of the sensor. If you get busy in the kitchen, the faucet will shut off after two minutes of inactivity.
- Best for: consumers looking for different technology in their bathroom or kitchen faucet.
TOTO designs and makes bathroom fixtures like toilets, sinks and faucets. Its faucets come in over 20 different collections that encompass classic, modern, commercial and transitional styles. They range in 0.5 to 1.5 gpm.
- WaterSense certified: TOTO faucets that are WaterSense certified to meet the EPA's criteria for saving water. They have a certified low-flow of 1.2 to 1.5 gpm.
- ADA compliant: TOTO makes over 30 styles and models of ADA compliant faucets. This means they’re easier for people with dexterity issues or limited mobility to use.
- EcoPower: TOTO’s faucets that feature EcoPower use a battery to power the motion sensors inside them. EcoPower uses the power of the water to power a small turbine that produces electrical current to charge the battery. This greatly reduces maintenance and helps eliminate waste by never having to replace the battery or use electrical connections.
- SMA valve technology: TOTO faucets with Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) thermostatic valve technology control the temperature of your shower. When water gets too hot, the faucet uses a spring to pull a spool, restricting the flow of hot water. The opposite occurs when the water is too cold. This keeps you from having to constantly adjust the temperature yourself.
- Specs videos: TOTO includes videos displaying the specs for each faucet model. If the faucet uses a unique technology, the video explains how it works.
- Best for: consumers who want a technologically advanced faucet.
Roca has been making appliances and fixtures for bathrooms and kitchens for over 100 years. It designs and makes multiple types of faucets for sinks, showers and tubs. Roca focuses on sustainability, implementing eco-friendly technologies in their fixtures.
- Cold Start faucets: Roca faucets with Cold Start technology have the opening of the lever to the right blocked. To turn the cold water on you just lift up and turn the lever to the left gradually for warmer water. Starting with cold water keeps the water heater from kicking on when it’s not necessary.
- Bathroom faucets: Roca bathroom faucets come in single- or double-lever and thermostatic installation types for sinks and two types of wall-mounted tub faucets. The also have over 50 models of shower faucets that include self-closing, hydromassage, thermostatic and single- and double-lever.
- Kitchen faucets: Roca has over 30 models of single- and double-lever kitchen faucets. They vary in features but can include Cold Start technology, retractable hoses and rinse/spray functions.
- Sustainable productions processes: Roca is committed to reducing CO2 emissions and to manage waste-free industrial processes with their Zero Waste Program.
- Where to buy: Roca sells its products in multiple countries. Use their website to input your country and city to find the nearest retailer.
- Best for: consumers wanting a technologically advanced bathroom or kitchen faucet.
Faucet.com is an online retailer that sells plumbing products for your kitchen and bathroom. It sells faucets from 13 of the top brands in the industry.
- Bathroom faucets: Faucets.com sells bathroom faucets for sinks with single-hole, centerset, widespread installation types. The website includes bathroom faucets in 13 colors, including popular ones like brass, bronze, nickel and stainless steel.
- Kitchen faucets: Faucets.com sells over 3,000 models of kitchen faucets with over 400 on sale. Choose from themes like modern, classic or transitional by applying the theme filter of your choice before you search.
- WaterSense certified: Faucets.com sells over 100 faucets that are WaterSense certified. This means they meet a flow-rate of 1.2 to 1.5 gpm.
- ADA compliant: Faucets.com sells over 200 ADA compliant faucets from multiple brands. You can filter out which faucets are ADA compliant if you have dexterity issues or limited mobility.
- Handle style: Search for faucets by handle style to make it easier to match other faucets or fixtures in your home. Handle styles include lever, electronic, knob, push-button or looped.
- Best for: consumers who want to shop for faucets online.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
Compare Reviews for Top Bathroom and Kitchen Faucet Brands
|Roca||Read Expert Review|
Roca is a worldwide company that focuses on fixtures and accessories for bathrooms. It has many different faucets to choose from, including sink, shower, tub and kitchen faucets.
|TOTO||Read Expert Review|
TOTO uses innovation and design to improve the quality of your bathroom fixtures. They make toilets, sinks and faucets in various styles and designs.