1.60/5

Looking for new cookware?

Farberware

Looking for new cookware?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Farberware Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We bought a Farberware stand mixer from Walmart and 2 months later it stopped working. I took it back to Walmart but they had clearanced out that model in all of the surrounding stores so I could not do an exchange and told me to call Farberware. I called Farberware and reached a recording saying that Farberware does not take care of electronic warranties and gave a number and instructions to call a different company. I called the number and it was a FAX MACHINE. When I called Farberware back and finally reached a human 20 minutes later, instead of addressing the situation they transferred me BACK TO WALMART???? HORRIBLE company, cheaply made shoddy products and INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not waste your money on anything with the Farberware name.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I called the company directly because the inside of the pot tarnished and it has a lifetime guarantee. I sent pictures and it took some time to receive a replacement but I was glad they listened. Since receiving it, I have had to constantly tighten the screw connecting the ya due to the pot. Really? I am 70 years old and have used this brand for a long time. I don’t think I will any more. Very unsafe.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I bought the Kcup coffee maker 1 month ago from Walmart. I have used Farberware products in the past with good success. So, I figured they would be a good option to go with. Nope, within a couple of weeks the coffee maker started to leak water. Doesn't register the Kcup and spews water out instead of coffee. The button keeps overriding my choice of 8 oz and kcup to wanting to ground. I have to unplug over and over again to reset as the water leaks out from under the machine. Takes 15 minutes to finally get a cup of coffee. I have to strain through a paper towel to get all the coffee grounds out of the cup. So disappointed! A complete waste of money and time. I expect more from Farberware. No longer a name Brand I trust. Will be going back to a Keurig which are a bit more pricey but work as promised.

Original review: July 25, 2019

We bought a new dustpan and broom with extended handles. The dust pan in warped and the dirt goes under the dustpan instead of into the pan.I tied calling the Farberware but was unable to reach any type of customer relations.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I bought this waffle maker about a year ago, but only used it once or twice. Today I pulled it out to make breakfast for kids after a sleepover, and I saw black marks on the cooking surface. So I went to scrub it, and realized that the nonstick surface is peeling off! (The black is the surface underneath showing through.) It is now useless and will have to go to the landfill. What a waste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

Original review: April 14, 2019

The saucepan makes sizzling sounds when water is being boiling. There are little sparks flying quite often. Now the the paint has peeled off the bottom outside edges. Also the top edge is peeled paint. I will never buy this brand again!! It’s the worst pot I have ever had. Maybe the quality is not the same anymore. I had only bought it less than a year ago. I have never seen a saucepan like this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

As some of the reviews say, bought 40 years ago, etc., I also have some of the older products, and they still work great, but all the new products anymore are junk, catch fire, burn up, quit working, etc. I recently bought a pot and pans set with a silver nonstick coating at Walmart, 3 months old and not only has the nonstick coating failed and peeling the copper bottom has ruined my glass stove top. My suggestion is they no longer care about quality. Their products are cheap junk, so don’t waste your money on any of it. This is a company that needs to be put out of business.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Purchased Copper Waffle Maker. Made waffles today. Top cooking surface (lid part) didn't completely cook waffle however, the bottom grid cooked the waffle just fine. Directions say to cook longer but bottom would have been burned if cooked any longer. Photo one is the top of waffle, photo two is the bottom.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Bought between 1971 and 1975 by my father at a houseware's show in Chicago or Harrisburg, PA. Handed down to 3rd generation 5 years ago, being used frequently and still going strong. Excellent product! Loved and well used.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased this coffee pot. Two days later the on-off switch did not work. I took it back to Walmart and got another one, and three days later it quit working. Not sure if I want to try a 3rd time or get my money back.

Farberware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 100 years ago, Farberware is available at major nationwide retailers. A few different lines are available, each designed for cooks starting out on their kitchen adventures.

• Nonstick finishes: Consumers can choose lines of products by Farberware that are coated with a nonstick finish.

• Metal-utensil safe: Many items can safely be used with metal utensils without risk of damaging the finish.

• Even heat distribution: The stainless steel construction in the company's cookware allows for even heat distribution.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs