4.57/5
  • 1 star
Based on 87 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, EZ Moving Van Lines works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, EZ Moving Van Lines is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let EZ Van Lines make your move as seamless as possible.

FBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

97 EZ Moving Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My experience with my last move made me think twice before contacting EZ Moving Van Lines, from the customer service to the team sent over for the job are well organized and have a high sense of humor, I will recommend this mover to anyone who need a fast mover.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

EZ Moving Van Lines will continue to be my mover. The company help me moved my goods last few weeks and I must say it's my best move so far, the team sent over did a wonderful job. They move my goods without damaging it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This moving company was great! Movers were excellent, they were on time and got this move done so quick. Furniture was put where I requested, the movers even offered to do more than I needed. Overall price was 2,700 including packing. I would definitely recommend this company to others in need of moving services!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I moved to Tennessee recently and EZ Moving Van Lines made it very, very, VERY easy for me and my family. I loved the service of this company, very professional. Out of state moving is super complicated and confusing and EZ Moving Van Lines really helps make your move go as seamless as possible. EZ Moving Van Lines gave us a great experience. With EZ Moving Van Lines, I was introduced to a company who not only respects their clientele but also strive to do their best and make their clients happy. Thank you so much.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Barbara, we appreciate you taking the time out to review your experience with EZ Moving!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I chose EZ Moving to do a residential moving for their price, but I had a horrible experience. They came in and took the boxes but then it took an incredibly long time for my stuff to arrive. The move was going to take a maximum of 21 days but they came in in May and I moved here on June 1st. I called them and they were nice but they were not able to track my stuff which was really nerve-wracking because I thought it was lost for a while. Then finally, I got a call saying they were coming the next morning to deliver my stuff. But a different company came and took my stuff, and a different company came and dropped it off.

Molly,

On behalf of EZ Moving Van Lines, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of delay in delivery.

I did take a look at your file and I see you were picked up May 29th, and were delivered on June 21st, which is 17 business days. DOT laws state that we have up to 30 days to deliver, however that is typically worst case scenario but we were still within our window. While we understand most people want an exact date/time of pick and delivery, DOT laws and circumstances make it nearly impossible. The only time we can ever guarantee a delivery, is if the customer is paying an expedited delivery fee, and even then, we would have to provide the customer with a delivery window rather than an exact delivery date.

Customer service contacted you on June 16th to let you know your items were in transit and that we would soon be confirming your delivery date. Goliath Moving was the carrier we had assigned, and they are the same carrier who picked up, and delivered your items. It may have been a different truck that arrived upon delivery, but surely the same carrier. Also EZ Moving Van Lines has already compensated you $150 upon delivery due to fact that the movers were unable to access your driveway. Again, we apologize that the delivery took a little over two weeks. We hope that you are settled in your new home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EZ Moving Van Lines?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I'm a trustee for my aunt who has dementia. My uncle died and her sister took her back to Kentucky with her. We needed to close the house and sell it so that my aunt has the money in her trust fund to pay for her care. I looked up for EZ Moving Van Lines online and read some of the Google reports, and they were able to do it in the timeframe I needed. I was desperate and it was a last-minute rush move. The person on the phone was clear. But when I had a couple of questions after consulting, what they did was they contrasted out my contrast. And after that point, he wouldn't talk to me anymore or answer my emails. He just said I needed to contact the moving people, and he was just a salesperson. It sounded odd and I wasn't thrilled with that. Nonetheless, the moving crew was very courteous and on time. They were quick and efficient and I liked them a lot.

However, I have a claim with EZ Moving Van Lines that I haven't completed yet. The leg of one of the cabinets that they moved for me broke off and I had a couple of glass dishes broken, although the rest of my furniture is fine. I'm assuming that it's going to go fine because I paid for the insurance. Another issue was I had trouble with the delivery to my house. What happened was the gentlemen came, and as part of my contract, they delivered everything to my house except for the one cabinet which they took to my sister's house which is within five miles from mine. But when the guy came to deliver the furniture, they didn't give that paperwork and he wanted me to pay more money. I kept calling and he finally took the cabinet without insisting any pay.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Karen! I will be sure to have customer service contact you in regards to any damages, to help assist when filing a claim.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I looked online and EZ Moving Van Lines was one of the companies I called. Nate, the guy I initially talked to sounded very professional and explained everything. Things were kind of in a state of flux and when I called him back, he handled things. It was just handled promptly and professionally. It was a residential move from North Carolina to Michigan. I've been moved professionally three times over the course of my career where I didn't really have to do anything. EZ came in and boxed everything. I wanted to box myself because I wanted to save the money. But, I learned a lot by watching that happen. We talked and he said that it would be painless and he was there to help. We had booked a date and the date changed. I called and they adjusted accordingly. They were very flexible with us in that kind of thing.

The guys that came to load and one of them that came to unload were very personable. They were a great group of guys and they work hard. They allowed me to help a little bit and that was good because I don't like to just stand there and watch other people do stuff I was capable of doing. When the stuff was delivered in Michigan a week later, one of the guys, Damian, who helped load was there to unload as well. We kind of hit it off and talked a lot. We had a good time unloading and putting everything in the storage.

The only kicker I have was I had three pieces damaged and I called Max Moving, the one who handled the move. I wasn't instructed to take pictures of the damage so I didn't and I got 60 days to file a claim. I didn't know if that was the driver's job or the guy's from the company's job and I've got no proof of the damage. One of the pieces they put back on the truck because it was actually junk. They came off the truck fine but a mover fell on it when he was unloading stack and stuff in the storage unit. It's not an expensive piece, the only piece I’m concern about was one of our dining room's chair when the legs got broke. I don't know if it's repairable and it's buried in that back of that storage unit.

Now it's 7 degrees here. I'm not going to go dig in through a storage unit to take a picture. I told the guy from Max Moving, "It's important that the client knows that if there is damage, they need to take the picture in and submit them for the claim." I've never had a loss or damage in any of my previous moves so I didn't know. At this point, it's very difficult for me to get the pictures of the two pieces that are there in the storage unit. The third piece, he put on the back of the truck when he left. It's on a dumpster someplace by now. But that was the only glitch in the whole move. Other than that, the experience was very good.

I don't want that to happen to somebody else. When you're moving a thousand miles or you're moving even in cross-town, things do happen. You want to make sure that you can resolve those things timely by following the protocol and I didn't know what protocol that was. If I knew, I’d be taking pictures and it would be a non-issue at this point. Reputations are extremely important in any business and there's a lot of moving companies out there. I would definitely recommend EZ Moving to friends and family. If I were to use them again, I would also let others know that if there is damage, to take pictures of it. EZ did a great job and everything was handled promptly when I called the office a couple of different times to schedule. Everybody is professional and timely. The move was handled the way I like business handled and how I like to conduct my business.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take all feedback into consideration and always try to make improvements.If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service supervisor.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I've seen the ranking of EZ Moving Van Lines and I called them and talked to Melissa. I saw the comments and they were good. When I made the first call to Melissa, she gave me some quotation. And after the quote total, I decided to go with EZ Moving and placed the order. The experience and all the transparency were good.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your kind words and feedback!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I checked out EZ Moving's reviews online and the representative I spoke with was consistent. They called me and answered questions when I was a little worried. I've heard horror stories about moving and the only other time I've moved, I did it myself, so I was a little skeptical about letting my belongings go with someone else, but anytime I had a question, the reps seemed very knowledgeable and were very professional on the phone. I went over everything with them and paid for full packing. However, there was a little language barrier and the movers were a little hard to understand, but they were very nice, great and quiet. They loaded everything, and it seemed quick to me. Also, they did a follow-up call with me after my move was finished. EZ Moving was great and I would definitely use them again in the future. I have a few friends who are relocating and I've given them their information as well.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Makena! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

EZ Moving Van Lines was right up what I was looking for. I felt really comfortable with the representative. He was very thorough. He asked me some questions about some of the pieces of furniture that other people didn't ask me. He also talked about the packing or what I needed to do to prepare the furniture. He walked me through the process really easy.

We packed a few stuff and they brought us six or seven boxes for some of my last China, the furniture itself, my mom's old China cabinet, and some other things. They went ahead and wrapped all that stuff up for us. The moving crew were really nice fellas. I asked them to wipe their shoes and they sure enough did. They took real good care of everything, were really respectful, and had it done in a timely fashion. It went smoothly. EZ Moving is a good company. I'd recommend them to my family and friends.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

We appreciate the kind words Christopher! Your feedback means a lot to us here at EZ Moving Van Lines.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

EZ Moving Van Lines' customer service was excellent in the way they presented everything. They didn't rush me like other companies were and the salespeople I worked with were very nice and accommodating. I had a residential move and they helped me with the complete packing. The moving consultant called and gave me a quote over the phone. We did an inventory of the furniture and he broke down everything that's included in the move.

I had to be picked up on a certain day and a lot of companies couldn't accommodate that. Also they wanted two to three days window but EZ not only was able to accommodate me on a certain day they were able to give me a one-day window. As for the moving crew they were very clean cut and polite. And the move didn't take long to do, just a couple of hours. Then I received my shipment 10 days after that. It was a great experience. I've moved with other companies before and that was not so good.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

We appreciate you taking the time to write us such a kind review!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I had a move to California from Alabama and hired EZ Moving Van Lines because their prices were great. Customer service was great and I was able to get in contact with them whenever I needed to. The movers made me feel super comfortable with them moving my things 2,000 miles. Everything turned out phenomenal.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Ava! The entire team ere at EZ Moving appreciates your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

EZ Moving was the first company to call me right back and I used them for a move. They were cool, positive, very informative and nice. The movers were really amazing and did good. They dropped one of my refrigerators but it seems to work perfect and they’re apologetic about it.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Edgar! We appreciate the kind words. However we do apologize about the handling of your refrigerator. Please contact us if you need to speak with a customer service supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

WOW is all I can say about EZ Moving. EZ Moving Van Lines is the best! I was looking to move my mother closer to where my family and I live, I did all the phone calls and inventory but she said when they showed up to move her things they were great. She was so happy with the company I chose for her. When I decided to move to Nevada I instantly looked up EZ Moving and gave them a phone call. They are absolutely flawless and I couldn't have done this long distance move on my own.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your feedback Molly! We appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I had to move to be closer to my family and one of my previous colleagues used EZ Moving Van Lines in the past. Their experience was good and so I took the recommendation right away. Even though I was really skeptical, I put all my faith in one company and I just went with it. It went way better than my expectations were set at.

I had about an hour of conversation with the moving consultant. I was able to ask all the questions and get answers that I needed. I did a lot of research on the site too and looked into things that I needed to look out for with moving companies. The movers took everything out and put it in a truck. Their English wasn't great but they seemed great and they did well. Everything arrived in one piece and I didn't have anything missing. They also re-setup all my stuff which was nice because I'm a single woman so I'm not really able to do that by myself. Overall, I appreciated their assistance throughout the whole thing. I would recommend them.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you so much Rebecca! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

EZ Moving Van Lines is the best! Very professional, timely, and efficient. Everybody you speak to has all the answers, and with them there are no dumb questions. The movers are very hard workers and they don't stop till the job is finished. I really appreciate the great work.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your feedback Adam! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

With EZ Moving Van Lines, it seemed like everything would suit my need and their price was consistent with what we wanted to pay. It was a residential move but we had to make a couple of stops. My daughter was getting furniture from some friends in Indiana and her sister in Avon Lake. The moving crew worked well with us to work with both our friends and my daughter when they picked up stuff.. They did everything I needed. The crew was great. And our moving consultant was fantastic too! She was very pleasant when I first talked to her and she explained everything well. She also had her cell number available. She would even answer text in the evening when we had questions.

The only thing that bothered me a little bit was with paying our balance. We added a few things and we had worked out with the consultant for us to be able to pay the balance with a credit card. She said they normally don't do that but she had made arrangements. I double checked and everything was fine. But then the gentleman from the company called the night before, this was 10:00 o'clock at night to tell me when he's picking up. He insisted I needed to have cash, that no matter what I did with the consultant, that wouldn't work for them. Fortunately, I was able to come to the bank and have enough funds on hand. If that would have been a Saturday night and we're moving Sunday, that would have been a disaster. But it worked out okay. Everybody was very cooperative except the dispatcher, the guy who let me know the night before how everything was going to happen. If they can’t do it, they should’ve told us when we had time, not the night before.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your feedback Robert!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

EZ Moving Van Lines made this move super easy for me and my family. When the movers showed up they were done in less than three hours and when they delivered it was even quicker. Everybody was amazing and the move was fabulous thanks to EZ Moving Van Lines!

Leah,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I moved from Indiana to California. EZ moving got a list of all the inventory that I had and quoted a total of $1700 estimating the weight to be 2000 pounds. All the furniture I had were IKEA stuff and I am pretty sure the weigh would be only close to 2000 pounds. After pick up they came back and told me that the weigh is 4000 pounds and the total would be $3500 which is ridiculous. Their estimate of weight and cost is completely off. I had a quote from American Van Lines and they initially quoted $3400 for 2000 pounds. EZ moving according to me is giving you a quote that beats all others in the market but later on they do some fraudulent activity to raise the weight and compensate for the money. Don't trust these guys.

Vishnu,

With all due respect, you just mentioned that American Van Lines quoted you $3,400 for a 2,000 lb move. EZ Moving Van Lines quoted you $1,737.81 for 2,000 lbs which is actually LESS than what American Van Lines was quoting you. In fact American Van Lines had quoted you DOUBLE!

Upon pick up, you were provided with a light weight ticket of 18,140 lbs. after loading your items and weighing the truck again, the total weight came out to 22,400 lbs, leaving your total weight at 4,260 lbs. On 11/15, Quality Assurance reached contacted you to go over your inventory. You stated that there had been no changes and you would not be adding more items.

The day of your move, the foreman called our customer service department and was infuriated with us because he said you had double the items then what had been originally listed on your inventory. We immediately pulled the initial call of when you first provided us with your inventory, and none of these additional items were mentioned. Of course if this was a mistake on our end, I can assure you it would have been rectified.

Please understand that many times in moving, customers do forget to add items. We understand that planning a move can be stressful and it is not the easiest thing to get everything counted for under all that pressure. We have had situations in the past where customers of ours forget to mention attics, garages, storage units, even second pick up locations!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience however, here at EZ Moving Van Lines, there are no hidden fees. Everything is clearly stated on our contract, if there is additional weight from what we estimated you at, you will be charged for that additional weight at your locked in weight per pound.

We have provided you with all of your paper work, we have compared the inventory that you did over the phone with us, to the one that was done on sight and there were additional items. You were also given the light weight and heavy weight ticket as promised. The total cost of your move was $2,957.90 which was based off of 4,260 lbs! This is still a cheaper price then what American VL had quoted for only 2,000 lbs!

Please, if you have any further concerns or questions give us a call directly.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

When I first spoke to EZ Moving Van Lines I knew I wanted to place my move with them. My moving coordinator was the best!!! By the time we got off the phone I made my reservation, knew a lot more about the moving process and made a new friend. Everything was super easy on my side, I told them what to do and they did exactly that. This moving company definitely does the work for you. Hiring these professionals was a great idea.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Sammy. EZ Moving is glad to have been able to make this stressful situation super easy for you!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I am moving from CA to MA and reached out to a few companies for quotes. I moved from VT to CA 10 years ago and the process was wonderful but I couldn't find the paperwork with the name of that company, so had to find a new one. After speaking to a few agents I went with EZ Moving, not the cheapest or most expensive, but seemingly the most reasonable and offered 1 month of storage for free. At the time I wasn't sure if I was moving all my furniture or just a small amount. I have a 3 bedroom home and told the agent that, the first quote included a 2 piece couch, 2 queen bed frames, kitchen table, dresser and mirror and nightstand, along with a upright piano and desk and chair.

At the time we estimate boxes and plastic bins. All along I was clear that number may change a bit. 3 days before the move QA called to confirm what we were moving, we amended the contract to include more boxes and no couch, no kitchen table, no dresser, no mirror and no nightstand. We did specify there were 10 boxes (small) of book though, and somehow the quote went up, it was only by a few hundred dollars so no massive issue. I should have known the company was slimy. From the first call with the agent kept addressing me as "young lady," within 20 minutes of the movers being on site in my home the cost was skyrocketing. All of a sudden the piano was going to be another $150.00 to wrap, the floor lamp as well, oh there are 2 XL boxes and 4 L, up the cost goes.

I did the math of adding all the charges. NON reoccurring items, ie fuel, admin, bulky item for the piano, packing supplies (which I was told would be included) and then subtracted that from the total second quote which I had agreed to pay, all the items were around $1600. Now magically the new quote was going up by more than that, as if I doubled the content of the move. While yes I did add some boxes and piece of luggage the content did not double, they also claimed 90% of the boxes were L and XL. They told me all my plastic bins were large and I was wrong considering them medium. With the exception of one large plastic bin the other few were not large ~ 23x12x16, versus a M box that is 18x18x16. I told them they were full of it, I do math for a living, I understand how to calculate volume.

Further the boxes are marked with their size, and I have the receipts for buying them and I know the majority are size S and M, I have to dig up a few more receipts to confirm the final numbers. As I was being forced to sign a new contract I was reaching out to the agents I had spoken to over the proceeding 3 weeks, none of the 3 picked up their calls, this was at 1 pm PST, no messages were returned, voicemail or email. The team picking up my belongings told me I had been given a wrong quote previously so I'd have to deal with EZ Moving directly. I had no choice but to be bullied into the new contract as I am moving out and someone new is moving into my home.

It seems this is all a scam to take advantage of people that once your crew shows up they have no choice but to sign and pay additional money. I did not hand over any more money as I was told by the agent over the weekend via email personal checks weren't accepted. Only money orders or cash and the crew that showed up stated they accepted checks, it did not feel professional or right and felt more like a scam with all the contradictions. I was fully aware there would be a slight increase in price for some additional items. I expected 100-200, but doubling the cost, and then not even taking items like the floor lamp due to outrageous packing costs is not correct, nothing is traceable.

Of course with the online system I wasn't able to pull up all the quotes from along the way to do an easy comparison. They are printed but in the mail back to MA so I will have to wait to do the final number comparison, I didn't think this would be something I would have to do for a professional company, but the numbers don't add up, and just to make it worse the team today told me the cost has nothing to do with weight or size in the truck, so I have no idea how I can equate all the furniture I removed to the boxes. I'm blown away but the contradictions between company members and how you can take advantage of people. Perhaps I had just poor agents on both ends but this is not acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I put my information on the Internet requesting a quote, and EZ Moving Van Lines called me. I talked to a lot of people and almost everybody felt like they were just rushing me through it. However, when I spoke with the rep from EZ Moving Van Lines, she was nice and informative. She also explained to me how to do my lamps and my China.

The moving crew that came was really good. They were also nice and super strong. I had a two bedroom apartment and when they showed up, I was still packing, but they were fine with it and just continued moving my other stuff. They packed my bed for me. By the time they were done, it was a little after 5 o'clock in New York. I called household service as they requested for me to do when the guys were finished. It was after their normal business hours but somebody still answered and talked to me. I was completely happy. This was my fourth time moving, and I've had some not so good experiences. I'll be going back in a year and I'll definitely use them again.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for such very kind words. Your feedback is highly appreciated here at EZ Moving Van Lines!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Quoted price for a 300 mile move was $1,900. End price was $3,710. The salesman made a quote using weight and my bill was for cubic feet. Pickup was a day late. Delivery was 7 days late. They said there was no charge for stairs but they charged on delivery. This company quotes one thing then hires multiple subpar moving companies who have their own rules. I'm so mad I got ripped off and went through this nightmare but I thank God I was able to get my stuff back.

David,

We apologize you feel as though this move has been a nightmare. I am taking a look at your estimate and please understand that the original inventory that you provided us on 11/14 was for a total of 2,977 lbs. On 11/21 you contacted EZ Moving to make edits to your inventory. After providing us with a more accurate inventory and adding a substantial amount of items that had not previously been listen on the first estimate, it caused the estimated weight to increase 1,471. The total estimated weight was now 4,448 lbs. Your inventory had almost doubled which is why you were quoted a new estimate. When customer call in to make edits to their inventory, we take a larger deposit to accommodate more space needed on the truck, or dispatch a new truck all together.

When the move took place, after loading your items and weighing the truck at a DOT certified CAT scale weight station, the weight increased an additional 950 lbs. All the paper work was sent to you and our customer service manager broke down the price with you over the phone. After thoroughly looking at the paper work, and the weight tickets, there was no discrepancies.

It is stated on our contract that the first 21 steps is included free of charge, anything over that will be an additional charge. Please refer to 'Additional fees and Accessorial Services' on the contract you signed. If you do not have our contract handy I will attach that section below:

Additional fees and Accessorial Services (if applicable to the move):

Packing supplies such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc.

Long carry: first 75 feet are included.

VERY IMPORTANT - IF YOU ADD ITEMS AT PICK-UP OR IF THE ITEMS ARE A DIFFERENT VOLUME AND/OR WEIGHT FROM WHAT IS ESTIMATED ON THIS AGREEMENT:

The mover has to provide you with a revised estimate.
2. Contact our office at 1 (877) 412-1205 and select option #3 (during business hours 9:30am-10:00pm est), or option #9 (after hours 24 hour assistance after 10pm eastern) so that we may assist you with any revisions.
3. DO NOT allow the mover to load the truck or perform any services before you CALL US. You must agree in writing to the new estimate. We will assist you with this.

4. If you have not signed the mover's revised estimate, and the mover loads the truck, then federal regulation requires that the mover has reaffirmed the original estimate and cannot demand additional payment at delivery for the additional items.

Please carefully refer back to the contract, as I feel as though there may have been some sort of miscommunication. If you have any questions, our customer service numbers are listed above.

-Management

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I was moving my elderly mother into assisted living from Florida to Kentucky so I went online and EZ Moving Van Lines was convenient in answering my call. I was trying to coordinate the pickup date with the rest of my family to make sure somebody was there and EZ was really good at accommodating me. However, the moving crew told me they were driving straight through from Florida to Kentucky and were supposed to come at 6:00, but they showed up at 12:30 in the morning.

They kept saying they would be there at 6:00 but every hour, they called with a different time and it got to the point where if the phone would ring, we would just start laughing. They would tell me they were in Bowling Green which was two hours away and then three hours later, they would say they were just getting to Bowling Green. I had no idea where they were and I kept thinking if they stopped someplace. They also complained about the distance and I kept saying that if they had GPS, they would’ve known their arrival time. I’ve made that drive gazillion times and there was no explanation as to why it took them so long.

On the other hand, they did a nice job moving in and it was an advantage because old people couldn’t hear and they were all sleeping, so we didn’t bother anybody. They also dealt with a difficult situation with my mom because I couldn’t get from her a clear estimate of what she’s actually moving, and when they showed up, she had way more stuff than she admitted. She moved 10 pounds into a five-pound bag and it wasn't pleasant, but the movers were really good about setting everything up and stacking boxes. Any other moving company might have said that they couldn’t accommodate her, but they were nice and did everything. It was a very unusual move but they were really considerate of the facility and were very quiet.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your feedback Beverly. We sincerely apologize about the hold up upon arriving for pick up. I know how frustrated that can be, and while most people expect an exact time/date of arrival, DOT laws and life circumstances can make that nearly impossible. We always provide our customers with a 3-4 hour time frame for arrival, because things are always subject to change.

I did just take a look at your file, and it seems as though the truck we sent out to you had some maintenance issues. Unfortunately the drivers had to take a bit of a detour to replace two tires on the truck! All feedback get taken into consideration and we always try to plan accordingly, but sometimes the unexpected does happen. We appreciate you being so patient and kind with us.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I used EZ Moving Van Lines for an in-town move. I got them from the internet and their online reviews mostly said that they were quick and efficient, and they did what they said they were going to do. And so I went with them and it was all very straightforward and easy.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you for your feedback Bryan. It is greatly appreciated!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I was a bit nervous at first with letting strangers move my belongings across state lines, but after I spoke with a few people from EZ Moving Van Lines I felt a lot more comfortable. When the movers came they were so delicate with my precious items which makes me feel at ease when all of my precious items are being moved across state lines. EZ Moving Van Lines did a great job!

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thanks Pete! We appreciate your kind words.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

When I called EZ Moving Van Lines, I asked the quoted list price. I didn’t forward anything but I mentioned everything so I thought it was a list price. The quote was wrong. The first person I talked to was nice but he didn't listen to what I told him. So I signed everything and paid the advance. Then, last moment, I had to start with a second person who was so rude and talked nonsense words to me but I didn't have any option so I went through with it. They doubled the price. But after that, everything was flexible and I liked it. The driver and moving crew were nice and kind and the timing when I wanted them to come was nice.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

We apologize on behalf of the miscommunication while collecting your inventory. If I remember correctly, there had been a bit of a language barrier and it was challenging to get a thorough and accurate inventory with you over the phone. You paid a total of $3,960.33, for a 5,590 lb move. Nothing more, nothing less. We can assure you that action will be taken towards the moving agent who was rude to you over the phone. That is not how we do things here at EZ Moving Van Lines and the last thing anyone needs while in the midst of a stressful situation, trying to book a move, is to be talked down to! If we can further assist you on any concerns, please give us a call!

-EZ Moving Van Lines

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My experience with EZ Moving from Oklahoma to New York was fantastic. Everything from getting the first phone call to the movers driving off after delivery was stress free and that's all I wanted. EZ Moving was excellent!! Well organized and inexpensive. Everyone worked quickly and there weren't any problems.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

Thank you Randy! The entire team here at EZ Moving Van Lines is happy that we have been able to assist you with your move stress-free!

We very much, appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I searched online and EZ Moving Van Lines has some good reviews. However, we had a couple of issues with them. When my wife asked for the quote, it was a very less amount and that was the reason she chose them. And then, when we got our final bill, it was totally different. Initially, when we moved from Omaha, they said that they will not have any additional charges other than the moving. But at the last minute, they said that they had to get a shuttle because they thought the big truck could not come in. It was an additional $350. They did not tell us about that initially when we had the quote discussion. Since it was the last minute, we did not have the time or chance to cancel and book with another moving company. Also, we paid an additional $150 for moving the items into the home because our apartment is on the second floor. My wife was very dissatisfied regarding the amount, but happy that the items were safe and we got them right on time.

EZ Moving Van Lines response

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for any frustration you endured during your move. Here at EZ Moving Van Lines, there are no hidden additional fees. Please refer back to the contract under 'Additional fees and Accessorial Services'. I will attach it below and maybe that will clarify things!

Additional fees and Accessorial Services (if applicable to the move):

-Packing of fragile/delicate items (such as Mirrors, China etc.); packing and crating services not already listed within proposal; loading of bulky items (such as a hottub).
-Packing supplies such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc.
-For full packing service: EZ MOVING VAN LINES will arrange to provide all labor and materials to professionally pack all boxes, fragile items, and furniture listed. If additional items are added at time of pick up, then the total price for full service packing will be increased and adjusted by the guaranteed rate provided. A new agreement will be presented at time of pick up.
-Shuttle service: if semi-trailer cannot get reasonably close to building or house for loading/unloading, a shuttle truck may be required to perform relocation at a minimum charge of $300.
-Additional fee if more than 21 steps. First flight of stairs (up to 21 steps) is included.

-Long carry: first 75 feet are included.

If you have any questions, or further concerns please do not hesitate to call us. (833)-707-7501 EXT 3

No response received
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

EZ Moving Van Lines quoted me a price for our move. When my son added a few items, they were supposed to give me a different rate but instead of dropping the first charges, they added on to it. There was already a refrigerator on the first list of items but they still put it on the second time and charged me for it. I protested and the guy who delivered the stuff refused to drop off our things until I paid him the amount that was quoted down there, which was double. I ended up paying close to $5,000 for a move that should’ve cost me $2,000. So I was very dissatisfied.

I called them about it but I’m 90 and JJ was the only one I could understand. He was very helpful to me but when the charges came in, they said they weren’t going to have the truck wait. But they lied because there was nothing open at that time. They even took my two money orders for the first time on top of the other fees that I was charged. I have left messages and they said they would look into it. But I haven't heard back from them so far.

Shirley,

We sincerely apologize about your frustration with EZ Moving Van Lines. Please take the time to review your estimate and your total expenses, because with all due respect, your numbers are off. When we first did your inventory you were estimated at 3,000 lbs. After revising your estimate, and getting a more accurate inventory, the total weight came over 5,000 lbs!

Moving is by no means cheap! I can promise you that no moving company in the world would move over 5,000 lbs worth of house hold goods for only $2,000. Your total estimate was for $3,192.96. That is what you agreed to pay when you signed our contract, and that is exactly what you paid.

If you have a further concern, please contact our office. We will be more than happy to break down the price with you, and send you a copy of your invoice. You paid EZ Moving Van Lines a total of $1,670.82. The remaining $1,522.14 was split up upon pick up and delivery and two separate money orders were collected for the amount of $761.07 each. There was no additional funds collected. You paid a total of $3,192.96 for a 5,000 lb move which is a fairly reasonable price.

Our customer service line is (833)-707-7501 ext. 3. Please do not hesitate to contact us so management can further assist you!

EZ Moving Van Lines Company Information

www.ezmovingvanlines.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use