1.57/5
  • 1 star
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: March 2, 2017

39 Eureka Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 21, 2009

I bought a Eureka Capture + at Sam's Club in San Angelo, Texas and used it three times and it fell apart. I bought a regular Eureka Pet and Pal at Wal-Mart in Brady. I have used it not more than 10 times and it started smoking. Now I cannot find a place to send either of them. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2009

Just want all to know that the so-called bagless, "great for pets" vacuum is not worth the purchase. It clogs, dust flies everywhere, and it is harmful to breathe in the dust when cleaning it. It is crap. I will be returning to Hoover with bags. Vacuum is on the roadside with a free sign on it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2009

On June 12, 2009 I purchased a Eureka EasyClean 2 in 1 vacuum from Target for $59.99. In late July it stopped charging and my husband was told by Eureka that it was under warranty and to bring it to a service dealer for repair which he did. At which time it was to be fixed within 3 weeks. On Aug 26, 2009 he contacted the dealer for status who indicated they were still waiting for Eureka to ship the part. He called Eureka who said the part was on back order and it would be available in 1 week. On 9/8/09, he again followed up with the dealer who said they received a fax from Eureka stating the warranty repair was in review. On 9/9/09 I got involved and spoke with Daniel at Eureka who was forwarding my file up to the Team Lead in Quality and I should follow up in a few days with them. On 9/11/09 I spoke with the Customer Service Supervisor, Brenda who after following up with the warranty dept determined that the vacuum was too new for parts to be available. I was instructed to get my vacuum back from the dealer and to send in the sticker from the vacuum which has the model and serial number on it, which I did that same day. During that conversation on 9/11 with Brenda, she stated it would take 4-8 weeks for a replacement to be sent once the information is received. I asked if it was possible to get the replacement sooner since I haven't had a vacuum for over 2 months.

She checked and verified there were currently 4 in stock and she would expedite my order through. She indicated that I should be receiving the replacement within 1-2 weeks. In a follow-up call on 9/23/09 to get a status; I was told by Brenda that she doesn't place the order, that is done through the processing dept who hasn't even put my replacement request through yet. Brenda never followed up on my order with them to expedite the replacement through and stated it would take 2-4 weeks. Furthermore, she also denied telling me I would get my replacement within 1-2 weeks and insisted she told me 2-4 weeks. I not only wrote this information down when speaking with Brenda on 9/11/09, but also included it in the correspondence to Eureka when sending them the information they requested.

As of this writing, I am not sure when to expect my replacement since I wasn't allowed to speak with the processing dept for status and Brenda wasn't able to let me know when the order would be placed only to say I "should" receive it by the first week of Oct. Given the history with her, I don't know whether that is a truthfully statement or not.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2009

I previously complained about Eureka’s vacuum cleaners and problems with the roller-brush and belt assembly. Eureka sent a replacement (no cost) and it has worked great ever since. The bearings must have been defective. I would highly recommend this vacuum.

Original review: May 10, 2009

Bought a vacuum for people who have pets. The hose had holes in it after a week. They replaced it. Belt broke a few days later. The entire rotating brush is now melting on one end from friction. Possibly the worst product I have ever purchased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eureka Appliances?

Original review: April 25, 2009

They quickly responded to a question I had regarding the wheels falling off of my vacuum. They said they would send a replacement part and I have never heard from them since and they have totally ignored any inquiry emails since.

Here is their initial response dated 4/2/09: "Thank you for your email to Eureka Consumer Relations. Because the wheels are not replaceable on your machine, we will be happy to assist you further by replacing the bottom nozzle; however, we will need some additional information. Please reply to this message with the following information: name, address, telephone number, model number, type, and serial number. We require this information to send you a replacement part. We appreciate your assistance in obtaining this information and look forward to your reply."

It is now 4/24 and they have totally ignored over three emails I have sent regarding the status.

Original review: April 21, 2009

They were running a promotion on their website. The website kept locking up and not working properly. I was trying to make a reservation for three. Somehow one on the screens that had locked up, which was for 2 tickets, finally kicked in and started working and went through. I needed three. I tried to get a 3rd one and it wouldn’t take. I tried calling customer service - it would hang up on you. I waited till the next day and tried to talk to 2 people. First girl, it hung up on me as she was helping me. The second took my info and said someone would call me - they never did. The reservation that went through had trip protection type of stuff on it, and when the girl told me I could make the 3rd reservation for the same price, I thought I would have them remove the trip protection because I wouldn't need it. Well, she disconnected me just in time to not help me but with enough time to remove the trip protection, and now they want to charge me almost 10 times the price of the ticket to cancel.

I tried talking to someone again, and they are the hardest to get a hold of to speak with. Published phone numbers are disconnected for their corporate office. I finally got a number that was good, and the girl in customer relations said she couldn't help me. I tried the 800 number again (like she told me) to talk to a supervisor, and I got a rep that yelled at me and questioned me on how I knew that their customer service agents worked from home. He told me that my request was denied and I could not have a refund. I was trying to be a good customer. All I wanted was 3 tickets so my family could enjoy a nice trip, and now I've been jilted.

There has been emotional damage since I have had the runaround from what is supposed to be customer service agents. After the last guy I talked to yelled at me, it brought me to tears. And I have spent a lot of time and energy trying to resolve this. Plus I'm going to lose out on the $130 for the tickets because I cannot travel without my child. All of this for $130, which is nothing to a company like Allegiant Air. You'd think that my customer loyalty would be more important to them and they would make the adjustment since it was their website/phone lines that were having problems in order to want to keep my business in the future, but I guess no.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2006

I am trying to get a credit of $144.60 charged to my card for traveling that now will not be possible because they are out of business from Worcester Airport.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2005

I was had a problem at work and decided not to use my flight #1006913 so I canceled the flight. They charged me 200.00 dollars to "cancel" the flight. One hour later I reconciled the problem I was having, and my wife tried to reinstate the tickets they told her we could not do that we would have to re book and the flight was 300.00 dollars more she then told them to forget it and we want the money put back on the credit card they told us no. It was going to be put on credit Why even have a cancelation fee if the money cannot be returned which the representative never told me, she asked if I wanted to change or cancel my flight I asked if the fees were different she said no. My wife hung up. I called the following day on 8/31/05. I called to talk to a representative about the situation. Her name was Chamille I started to tell her about the situation and she became very defensive, instead of getting into a screaming match I asked for a customer service number she then Hung up on me. I needed to go to Oklahoma so I went online to book my flight with the same company even with how bad they treated me already. I was online trying to use the credit the airline told me I had and went through the motions. Nowhere did it ask for a confirmation number or tell you if you have a credit you need to call in. So now I had purchased new tickets at the new price and not able to use my credit. So I then called back in and sat on hold for another 30 minutes. I happend to get the same lady Chamille. I told her I would like to use my credit on the new flight. She told me I had already booked my flight I couldn't use it I need to call in and started becoming very rude again I asked her for the number to customer service and she continued to hang up on me, for the second time. Imediately I called American Express and disputed the charges. I own my own business and understand that some customers can be ignorant and can be very rude, that is why I try and be cordial when handling problems. But to hang up on me twice when I ask for customer service number, not explain what the difference between cancelation and changes and treat me horribly. That's not right. please let me know what we can do. thank you

Eureka Appliances Company Information