Call toll free
4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Empire Moving Group provides an affordable moving experience for both individuals and businesses in need of exceptional relocation services. Their thorough pre-screening process ensures your experience is stress-free for all long-distance, commercial, auto-transport, and corporate moves. Reach out today for your own competitive quote!

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I really enjoyed my experience all around with Empire Moving Group, from the first calll in till My items were delivered I was very happy. If I could change one thing was that, I did not quite realize how expensive moving was and I had already put a deposit down at another company that never showed up to pick up my items. But empire came the next day to get me picked up. So for the future, use empire first no need to try another company. These guys are the best!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I recently moved from New York to Florida. I was so scared it would be a horrible experience from all the horror stories you read abut online but I was lucky enough to be recommenced to Empire Moving Group and I must say from the pick up to the delivery I felt very taken care of by the team. There was a hiccup in regards to some packing services and what is called a "long carry" that the foreman told me I needed at the delivery but Empire moving Group offered to cover some of the cost for me in order to make me feel satisfied.

I am giving four stars instead of 5 because of the unexpected charge but I did read though my contract and noticed it clearly written and explained about any additional services. I recommend reading the full contract (which isn't even that long, that I was grateful for) just so you understand the full process to moving. Other than that I definitely recommend this company as they were very polite and helped someone like me who is not well versed in the moving industry understand. Thank you to Brittany, Ryan and Danille for all that you did for me! Great job guys!!

Empire Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate as much of your stress as possible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Empire Moving Group recently just moved me and my fiance to West Palm Beach, FL From Washington, DC. This was my first long distance move and me and my fiance both had a bunch of anxiety leading up to the carrier showing up and packing our life in the back of there truck. This is where Empire Moving Group's customer service step in and reassured us both that they would be there each step of the way, which in fact they did all the way. They made the long move as hassle free as I could have possibly asked for, and for that I will recommend them to family and friends.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

These guys were seriously therefore nice. Moved from a walk up to a different walk up and that they were ready to get everything done in less than 2 hours. And so they even place along my bed on behalf of me. So grateful for these guys. On prime of the opposite stresses of entering into my new place they were therefore nice and that they were respectful of all my stuff. Very straightforward to speak with and prepare everything before moving day. Recommended.

Hello,

Thank you for the positive Review! We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate anymore pressure during your relocation.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Super impressed from my first email. Incredibly professional, easy online portal to list what you move, quoted a fantastic FLAT RATE, sent reminders, delivered boxes to me a week before, on time, wrapped everything completely, movers were polite, patient, strong and navigated a crazy long couch, and were an absolute pleasure to work with on a hot weekend. I would recommend 1000%!!

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always glad to hear when our customers are satisfied and go out of their way for clients to ensure they are satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We were given all lies about how professional Empire Moving Group is until we experienced it ourselves.. the lack thereof! Here's how.. Mr. Zeke (the sales guy) kept calling us every single day until we confirmed the move with them and paid the booking amount. Afterwards when we had questions / concerns, there was no sense of ownership from the guys who answered the helpline number. It kept going down the spiral from this point on.

We were not clearly explained how this would work - if I were clearly told that we won't actually have a choice on the date / time of move, I would never have signed up with them. They took 2 dates from us and said only 24 hours in advance will we find out when the drivers will actually arrive. Can you imagine how ridiculous and anxiety provoking it is to not know until 24 hours in advance about exactly what time your truck with movers will get there? I did not know that.. If if did, I would not have gone ahead with these guys! But, what choice did I have? We were moving cities (Northern VA to Atlanta Metro Area) and no one understood that we had to make arrangements to clean the old place after the move, give away keys, and have other things planned / lined up after - for which one needs to know the exact plan, not wait for them to determine our plan?! I wish I knew this before... I would never have signed up for such uncertainty!

On the moving day, the movers actually arrived 2 hours later than we were told. (And they acted as if it was all the traffic's fault)! We were told by Mr Zeke that our delivery will be confirmed for any day that we would want. That was horseshit... We had to frantically call their warehouse helpline every freaking day which was useless because they kept us hanging for 2 weeks before our stuff finally arrived. Can you believe that? TWO WEEKS!! We were NOT even vaguely aware of what hell was in store for us, from the time the truck was loaded and the drivers were on their way! I was shocked at what a blunder I had committed. Zeke told us it could sometimes, in extreme circumstances, take up to 10 days for our stuff to arrive at its destination, but that was never the case...Our stuff took 15 days - which crosses that threshold too.

We had to stay in hotels, then on sleeping bags in our new apartment (when we had overspent all our relocation budget), and finally make other temporary arrangements after few days of sleeping bags as our beds as other stuff did not arrive for 2 weeks! I developed a back-problem sleeping on the floor / sleeping bags for several days. Who is responsible for that? Their helpline number / warehouse number is good for nothing! They never answer and mailbox is always full. We had to live in the anxiety that our stuff was lost and we may never get it at all. How is this justified? Ms Brittany and Mr Ryan (helpdesk staff) were never able to confirm anything and never ever returned our calls. We were invariably put on hold for 15-20 minutes, again as if it didn't matter.

Thankfully we engaged with them only for moving (and not packing). Things we packed on our own arrived well but the furniture that they packed was badly scratched and damaged. For a small mirror cabinet (that was inexpensive), they asked us to put a $100 packing / protection, which was not worth it. I declined and as you may expect, it was badly cracked when we saw it upon arrival. The driver nonchalantly said to that, I had told you so.. Our beds were scratched up all over, mattresses damaged, a chest of drawer broken and no sense of acknowledgment or apology for damaging our furniture which we had maintained in pristine condition.

When loading, we saw how poorly they simply stacked up everything to make more room in the truck so they could add more things in a single move. Now, when I try to look for help on claims for the damage, again there is no one I can call as the mailbox is full. Should I even be surprised?! Worst of all, when we were signing up we were never told it would not be a single truck for our consignment. For a similar price, we were getting other vendors who would bring only our stuff in their truck and load / unload exactly when we wanted. All per our wish!

I wish I knew these terrible facts before, so I wouldn't have gotten trapped in their world of lies and deceit! I regret signing up for Empire Moving Group and will never recommend them to anyone. They are brokers who outsource things to cheap vendors and take absolutely no ownership from the time agreements are signed / first set of payment is made. Based on this experience, I ask you to seriously reconsider all things I mentioned above before signing up with them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Excellent value for the money is offered by these movers. The guys got the job done right and did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form. Best of all, I can count on the moving team to always pick up the phone and answer any questions I may have.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I have used them three times, currently on my fourth. Awesome dudes! On time, skilled and you'll be able to trust your stuff with them 100 percent. Nothing ever broken, they wrap the crap out of your breakables, and are in and come in no time. Great company, nice folks, and can be our movers for life!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I moved from a studio into a one bedchamber second story building (I truly told them it absolutely was on the primary floor by chance, and that they did not even care). The service was nice and that they moved Maine in ninety minutes flat (door to door!). I extremely suggest them and am really coming up with on using them once more later this month!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

So this can be the second time I've used Empire moving group and that I could not be HAPPIER! They do such an EXCELLENT JOB, super fast, economical & friendly. They even facilitate reassembling a chair in my lodging, they did not even move in. Plus they helped get a awfully wide couch through a awfully slim door and set it up on behalf of me. They are straight up the simplest movers!!

Empire Moving Group response

Servicing your move was truly our pleasure!! Thank you for your kind words about our company!

Empire Moving Group Company Information