3.8/5 (133 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: June 8, 2022

They did a pretty good job with the moving stuff. I was pretty much in a bind cause all my family lives out of the country and I haven't made too many friends yet but I did get a job opportunity that required me to move. These guys made it very easy for me and for that I am grateful.

Original review: June 7, 2022

They give actual 5 star service. The move happened so fast I couldn't believe I've been doing this on my own this whole time. What would've taken me several days to get done on my own they handled in hours. I really can't believe how efficient and professional these guys are. Well worth the money.

Original review: June 6, 2022

They do amazing job yeah. I recently come here to work on a visa for tech company and recently we have gone entirely remote allowing me to move about to wherever I choose. This type of freedom in a place like this is truly amazing and I can't believe I can drive to new climate and environment. It is certainly not so easily accessible where I am from.

Original review: June 4, 2022

They did well, they were fast and on point with everything. The phone rep Jason whom I spoke with was very fast with gathering info and getting someone sent out to me ASAP. I appreciate expediency and they weren't just fast but they also made sure nothing got broken which is always a bonus.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Had a really long distance move and a lot of stuff. Finally moving back home to New York from Florida and wasn't even sure where to start. Luckily I found a team of caring individuals to help me every step of the way and they were also the fastest in terms of time estimates for a drop off. I'm very happy with the service I received.

Original review: June 1, 2022

These guys did an amazing job and I can't be more grateful to this team here. They were fast, cheaper than every other company I had, and for their rates they treat you like a Queen while the other companies only wanted to rush you into cutting a check.

Original review: May 27, 2022

A truly fantastic team of movers here. Everyone was very polite and nice. The time estimates I was given were what made me choose these guys and to be honest I was a bit hesitant because of reviews. Luckily my experience was nothing short of perfect and I couldn't have asked for an easier and simpler moving process. They were great.

Original review: May 27, 2022

This company is a complete scam and rip-off. They intentionally lie and deceive customers to get their business. Luca can’t give an accurate estimate. They do not care and are only out for money. They are rude when you complain. They quote a service but hide behind the estimate. They will give you false delivery times. Customer service complaints turn into blaming you for believing what the sales person said, they employe them. Empire Moving Group is deceptive and dishonest! They do not care about their customers! I cannot recommend anything accept running from this company. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This team was really good. They did an amazing job of making this process so easy and affordable also! The movers were all very nice and they were also pretty straightforward when it came to pricing which is always nice.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They did a great job, had a move for my executive suite needed and had a lot of computers, chairs, monitors etc. They were pretty fast and really quick with getting there and getting everything packed up. They were just amazing and I'm glad they turned what would normally be an all-day job into only a few hours! Don't pass up such a quality team of professionals.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Worst moving company I have EVER worked with. Swindled me out of $1,095 deposit and never moved me. Had lovely initial Conversation with Chris who answered all of my questions, gave reassurances. I went through EVERY item I owned to make accurate assessment of required moving space in the truck. Asked if there would be a “bulk fee” for my full sized keyboard and was told as long as it was <500 lbs there would be no fee. Told that as long as there were elevators in the buildings I was moving from and to there would be no additional fee (only for > 1 flight stairs). I was told a “long carry fee” would only be for >75 ft. I asked SPECIFIC questions and was given specific answers.

Upon moving day, the carrier arrived and was immediately confrontational and aggressive telling me I owed >$1,000 dollars (in additional to the contracted amount) or they wouldn’t move me. They said I had >200 cubic ft more inventory (which was not true) + charging me $150 for an “elevator fee” + a “long carry fee” of $150 (they parked the moving van < 20ft from the entrance of my elevator)…I called Empire to tell them that I had been told Specifically That I would NOT be charged for any of this and that the carrier was WAY out of line and they just said “sorry, if the carrier says it, then you need to pay” and hung up. After trying to reason with the carrier for another 30 minutes they said, ”we’re not moving you” and got in their truck and left. I attempted to call Empire several more times and they refused to take my calls.

THIS is how this company treats people. I repeat: DO NOT USE THEM. I would like to mention that there were several witnesses at my storage unit who can attest to watching this unfold and actually 1 person recorded part of the event because he was appalled at how I was being treated. I deserve my deposit back - which has been refused.

Original review: May 20, 2022

They did a wonderful job through and through and really know how to treat their customers to make them feel comfortable. I was clearly nervous and they let me ask all my 100 questions and they had no problem answering. No last minute funny business. No last minute changes and everything was undamaged.

Original review: May 18, 2022

They were awesome! Called them up on the spot and needed a move same day because the other company backed out last minute. They got me set up with a great team that could handle my needs immediately and I had driver there in no less than 2 hours. The prices were fair and they made sure I was comfortable all the way through!

Original review: May 17, 2022

They did a p good job and made this whole thing suuuuper easy. I was hesitant at first to watch all of my things drive off into the sunset but they reassured me every step of the way and using this company really paid off for me. I'm happy I found them because everything went off without a hitch.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Great team, they get a 5 star rating for being as fast and professional as they were. I typically don't leave reviews but they did such a good job that I felt obligated to leave one. Empire is great! Don't pass them up.

Original review: May 14, 2022

They had a really wonderful customer service through and through even after they got my money which is the best quality any company could possibly have. When they had nothing left to gain from me they were more helpful than others who were still trying to get my money. Happy I found these folks.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Had a car that needed to be moved and these guys made arrangements in a jiffy. Of course I was nervous but I had just completed a move and needed my car to get down the coast to Florida ASAP. They did a wonderful job. 5 stars.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Had a big old house and a big old truck to get moved and none of my so called "FRIENDS" were willing to come help me out with it even though I offered them a can of dip and a silver bullet. Anyways these guys were great and got the job done. Yeehaw.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Awesome team of pros, they really do things the correct way and are leagues ahead of their competitors in terms of customer service, quality of care and the commitment they bring to making sure every customer leaves happy! I am happy I hired such an amazing company.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Empire moving group did a pretty swell job with everything. They were fast which is really what we needed because of some damages that happened to our current apartment due to some dicey weather. Luckily this team here really came through and made this whole thing a lot less stressful than it could've been.

Original review: May 3, 2022

They were pretty awesome. Really had no issues here. They were in. They were out. They were back in at the new place and back out again lol. Everything went very very well and they moved fast. They also knew exactly how to get around some tricky corners and doorways and I can't say thank you enough to these guys.

Original review: May 3, 2022

They did just an absolutely wonderful job. I had a 3 br 3 bath that needed to be packed up and moved asap. I did my best to get all the bags and boxes packed up and to make it easy for me but they were moving faster than I could pack. I gave them some extra for being so fast and for helping me with the remainder of the packing. They were great!

Original review: May 2, 2022

The helpers were on time, friendly, knowledgeable, considerate and helpful. I would be very happy to have them help me on my next part of this move. I have already recommended them to friends!

Original review: April 30, 2022

The two movers from Empire Moving were polite, professional, and worked diligently. They also arrived punctually. They gave me a time estimate at the beginning for how long the packing and moving would take and that was how long it took. I would definitely recommend this company to other people.

Original review: April 30, 2022

They did a wonderful job making sure things went without a hitch. I was so tired of month long time estimates and several 10s of thousand of dollars quotes and of course I was worried that I was undervaluing the move itself but these guys really came through and taught me that just because other places are expensive doesn't mean they are good. They really saved the day for me and I'm glad I heard about these folks at Empire.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Empire did a wonderful job with my move, really. I have no complaints and everything was straight forward and simple with this team of pros. They came along and picked up three bedrooms worth of belongings and made sure everything was fastened in a way that it wouldn't come loose or become damage during transit. On the back end they did a fast job of getting everything into the new place and made sure they didn't forget anything by doing a triple check through the check and house to make sure I had all my things. They were great!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Awesome team that really knows how to handle business and they handled it extremely quickly. The gentleman on the phone gave me a direct quote and that quote never changed all the way through which I can appreciate. There was no funny business involved in the gathering moving and dropping off of all of my belongings. When they unloaded the truck at the destination they helped with some assembly which was very convenient for me. They did a wonderful job start to finish.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Empire Moving were a great help with our move. They gave us a month of free storage which was a huge plus for us. The day of pickup they told us our inventory wasn't as big as estimated so they took about $200 off of our price which was a nice surprise! They were honest, hardworking and professional the whole time.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Empire Moving were amazing. Frank ** and Vicente ** were very quick and professional. Price was very reasonable for the amount of contents and distance they had to take it. Would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Extremely grateful for Kate at Empire. She went above and beyond to remedy a bad situation. Kate made phone calls and was so prompt getting back to me.

She was kind, caring and extremely professional. I suggest everyone works with Kate when dealing with a moving company. 100% Good work Kate

Empire Moving Group Company Information