3.9/5 (128 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: June 22, 2022

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I repeat DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I scheduled a move with this company from Memphis to Atlanta (less than 500 miles) and it’s been the ABSOLUTE WORST moving experience I’ve ever had. Between my move being brokered to another company without my knowledge, failure to provide updates on the arrival of my items, and lack of communication this company and their affiliates are terrible. It’s been over 2 weeks and I still haven’t receive my belongings. In the contract it states it should take a max of 7 days. We’re a week past that.

When the company who my move was brokered to, Triple Crown, arrived to move my items the price was $1000 ‘more than I was initially quoted. This has turned into an absolute nightmare. I’ve called every single day for the last 8 days and yet to get a call back from management or my sales guy Al. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: June 22, 2022

They were pretty good! I had a big move planned with a car included that needed to go across Texas. I kept running into the problem of finding companies that could do one half of my move or the other. Luckily this team here helped me accomplish the move in one go instead of paying multiple companies to take care of this.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Good team, no complaints from me. They did an all-around good job and a lot of the things I had could've been broken during the move but they made sure everything was secure. Really happy I dealt with professionals for this move because of bad experiences in the past.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Absolutely HORRIBLE! The only portion of this entire experience was when we selected this company. David ** said just about everything to secure the move. Let me preface with the fact that this my 13th move on 21 years and this is the WORST AND MOST DISHONEST company I’ve worked with. The driver arrived and wanted additional money and was discussing sq ft versus the weight and I was very clear about the weight and after a long fight was correct and the weight was 4,200 pounds as requested and paid. During this incident I called David who put me through to Lyrl (customer service) and she was unprofessional, condescending, spoke over me and then hung up on me. Unbelievable! David was nowhere to be found and kept sending me to Lyrl.

Tomorrow is supposed to be delivery day or prior to 21 June and they picked up on 2 June to ensure the delivery and I finally connected with another carrier of course not Empire as they are nowhere to be found and delivery won’t be for 6-8 days. I was explicitly clear on the need date with David and everyone I communicated with and I was assured this was not a problem. Now it is and Empire has no part of resolving and actually said I should’ve requested “premium” to guarantee delivery. This is the first I’ve heard of this option. AGAIN..13 moves and this is the WORST!!! Don’t use them…Pay attention to the fine print, it’s very fine but they’ve mastered how to secure the deal and discount you in the process or your needs or what you contracted for!

Original review: June 18, 2022

Yeah, they did a pretty good job handling the move from the start of this transaction all the way to the end. I'm really happy I found them and decided to go with such a caring team of dedicated movers. They were nice, upfront with costs and time expectancies. I appreciate a team that knows how to cut through the bull and give you direct answers to everything.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They did a wonderful job through and through! They got to the house pretty fast, things were packed up in a flash, and they were out and on the road in no time flat. Really happy with the way everything went here and I won't use any other service moving forward.

Original review: June 14, 2022

They did a good job, had a move across New York, and not a lot of options because I was moving from upstate and there weren't a lot of options to get me closer to actual civilization. They got me set up pretty quick and I'm grateful for how quickly things got handled.

Original review: June 12, 2022

The start of the experience seemed good. I spoke with Anthony P who clearly lied when he told me that they would get our daughter's belongings from CT to FL in 3-5 days with an outside chance it could take up to 7 days. We could live with that. On day 7 when we called we were told that the belongings were still in their NJ warehouse and they had no date as of yet when they would ship. WE DID NOT READ THE CONTRACT THROUGH. The contract reads they have up to 30 days to deliver goods.

We started calling Empire then Momentum which is the company they apparently sub-contracted to. Same response - don't have a truck yet heading to FL. There is more to the story but I won't go on and on. My daughter finally received delivery AT 11:00 PM! on June 9 - 10 days after they loaded in CT on 5/28. Boxes were crushed, items broken. The next day she found out that some items had been left on the truck and she had to drive 2 hours to retrieve them because the driver would not come back. To add insult to injury, one of the items she drove 2 hours to retrieve was a shattered mirror!

Original review: June 11, 2022

They did a pretty fine job. Moved from Kentucky to Florida to get closer to some family I got down there and it being such a long distance I wasn't really sure where to turn to find a company of handling the move. They did a great job all in all.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Great service from a professional team of qualified certified movers. They did an outstanding job with my belongings and made this entire process so much more simple and easy than I have ever experienced in the past. Grateful to everyone involved.

Original review: June 8, 2022

They did a pretty good job with the moving stuff. I was pretty much in a bind cause all my family lives out of the country and I haven't made too many friends yet but I did get a job opportunity that required me to move. These guys made it very easy for me and for that I am grateful.

Original review: June 7, 2022

They give actual 5 star service. The move happened so fast I couldn't believe I've been doing this on my own this whole time. What would've taken me several days to get done on my own they handled in hours. I really can't believe how efficient and professional these guys are. Well worth the money.

Original review: June 6, 2022

They do amazing job yeah. I recently come here to work on a visa for tech company and recently we have gone entirely remote allowing me to move about to wherever I choose. This type of freedom in a place like this is truly amazing and I can't believe I can drive to new climate and environment. It is certainly not so easily accessible where I am from.

Original review: June 4, 2022

They did well, they were fast and on point with everything. The phone rep Jason whom I spoke with was very fast with gathering info and getting someone sent out to me ASAP. I appreciate expediency and they weren't just fast but they also made sure nothing got broken which is always a bonus.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Had a really long distance move and a lot of stuff. Finally moving back home to New York from Florida and wasn't even sure where to start. Luckily I found a team of caring individuals to help me every step of the way and they were also the fastest in terms of time estimates for a drop off. I'm very happy with the service I received.

Original review: June 1, 2022

These guys did an amazing job and I can't be more grateful to this team here. They were fast, cheaper than every other company I had, and for their rates they treat you like a Queen while the other companies only wanted to rush you into cutting a check.

Original review: May 27, 2022

A truly fantastic team of movers here. Everyone was very polite and nice. The time estimates I was given were what made me choose these guys and to be honest I was a bit hesitant because of reviews. Luckily my experience was nothing short of perfect and I couldn't have asked for an easier and simpler moving process. They were great.

Original review: May 27, 2022

This company is a complete scam and rip-off. They intentionally lie and deceive customers to get their business. Luca can’t give an accurate estimate. They do not care and are only out for money. They are rude when you complain. They quote a service but hide behind the estimate. They will give you false delivery times. Customer service complaints turn into blaming you for believing what the sales person said, they employe them. Empire Moving Group is deceptive and dishonest! They do not care about their customers! I cannot recommend anything accept running from this company. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This team was really good. They did an amazing job of making this process so easy and affordable also! The movers were all very nice and they were also pretty straightforward when it came to pricing which is always nice.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They did a great job, had a move for my executive suite needed and had a lot of computers, chairs, monitors etc. They were pretty fast and really quick with getting there and getting everything packed up. They were just amazing and I'm glad they turned what would normally be an all-day job into only a few hours! Don't pass up such a quality team of professionals.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Worst moving company I have EVER worked with. Swindled me out of $1,095 deposit and never moved me. Had lovely initial Conversation with Chris who answered all of my questions, gave reassurances. I went through EVERY item I owned to make accurate assessment of required moving space in the truck. Asked if there would be a “bulk fee” for my full sized keyboard and was told as long as it was <500 lbs there would be no fee. Told that as long as there were elevators in the buildings I was moving from and to there would be no additional fee (only for > 1 flight stairs). I was told a “long carry fee” would only be for >75 ft. I asked SPECIFIC questions and was given specific answers.

Upon moving day, the carrier arrived and was immediately confrontational and aggressive telling me I owed >$1,000 dollars (in additional to the contracted amount) or they wouldn’t move me. They said I had >200 cubic ft more inventory (which was not true) + charging me $150 for an “elevator fee” + a “long carry fee” of $150 (they parked the moving van < 20ft from the entrance of my elevator)…I called Empire to tell them that I had been told Specifically That I would NOT be charged for any of this and that the carrier was WAY out of line and they just said “sorry, if the carrier says it, then you need to pay” and hung up. After trying to reason with the carrier for another 30 minutes they said, ”we’re not moving you” and got in their truck and left. I attempted to call Empire several more times and they refused to take my calls.

THIS is how this company treats people. I repeat: DO NOT USE THEM. I would like to mention that there were several witnesses at my storage unit who can attest to watching this unfold and actually 1 person recorded part of the event because he was appalled at how I was being treated. I deserve my deposit back - which has been refused.

Original review: May 20, 2022

They did a wonderful job through and through and really know how to treat their customers to make them feel comfortable. I was clearly nervous and they let me ask all my 100 questions and they had no problem answering. No last minute funny business. No last minute changes and everything was undamaged.

Original review: May 18, 2022

They were awesome! Called them up on the spot and needed a move same day because the other company backed out last minute. They got me set up with a great team that could handle my needs immediately and I had driver there in no less than 2 hours. The prices were fair and they made sure I was comfortable all the way through!

Original review: May 17, 2022

They did a p good job and made this whole thing suuuuper easy. I was hesitant at first to watch all of my things drive off into the sunset but they reassured me every step of the way and using this company really paid off for me. I'm happy I found them because everything went off without a hitch.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Great team, they get a 5 star rating for being as fast and professional as they were. I typically don't leave reviews but they did such a good job that I felt obligated to leave one. Empire is great! Don't pass them up.

Original review: May 14, 2022

They had a really wonderful customer service through and through even after they got my money which is the best quality any company could possibly have. When they had nothing left to gain from me they were more helpful than others who were still trying to get my money. Happy I found these folks.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Had a car that needed to be moved and these guys made arrangements in a jiffy. Of course I was nervous but I had just completed a move and needed my car to get down the coast to Florida ASAP. They did a wonderful job. 5 stars.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Had a big old house and a big old truck to get moved and none of my so called "FRIENDS" were willing to come help me out with it even though I offered them a can of dip and a silver bullet. Anyways these guys were great and got the job done. Yeehaw.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Awesome team of pros, they really do things the correct way and are leagues ahead of their competitors in terms of customer service, quality of care and the commitment they bring to making sure every customer leaves happy! I am happy I hired such an amazing company.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Empire moving group did a pretty swell job with everything. They were fast which is really what we needed because of some damages that happened to our current apartment due to some dicey weather. Luckily this team here really came through and made this whole thing a lot less stressful than it could've been.

Empire Moving Group Company Information