Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.40/5
Visit Website

Empire Moving Group provides an affordable moving experience for both individuals and businesses in need of exceptional relocation services. Their thorough pre-screening process ensures your experience is stress-free for all long-distance, commercial, auto-transport, and corporate moves. Reach out today for your own competitive quote!

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I used this company for a family member of mine. I had to relocate my niece from Philadelphia to Boca Raton. Empire got me all set up over the phone and coordinated every inch of the move. I was genuinely surprised at how smooth this process was and will absolutely use them if I ever move from Boca.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I had contracted with Empire Moving Group a few months ago, with concerns about a delivery window. Other companies were telling me it would take like 7 days for delivery. Empire charged me extra for a faster delivery but it was worth it. I was very impressed with the office team, but really impressed with Mike who came to my house. I even ordered them pizza when they dropped me off.

Empire Moving Group response

We are so happy that you are satisfied with your moving experience!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

This is the third time we’ve used this company. They are amazing. Fast and efficient. They make the move as smooth as possible for you. Will use them every time that we move. Thank you so much for your amazing service.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to be able to be a part of your moving experience!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I contracted with Empire to have my belongings moved from NJ to California for $3200. They, as the broker, arranged for Hall of Fame Moving and Storage to do the actual transport. Hall of Fame is not licensed for interstate transport. After loading my belongings on the truck, the mover called and said that it would cost an additional $12,000 or he wouldn't deliver my things!! I refused, and over the next couple of weeks he drove my things to Alabama and then to Kentucky, where he locked them in a storage unit.

Empire also tried to make me pay more than the contract price, saying that I would have to pay an additional $2676.26, with $865.88 of that due before my things would go into transit. I again refused, pointing out that it is illegal for a mover or broker to raise the price provided in a binding estimate unless the shipper agrees to the increased price BEFORE anything is loaded on the truck. Empire finally agreed to comply with the law and honor the contract price, but they would not give me an ETA for the delivery. They never called me with an update - whenever I called them, they would say that they had someone on the way to pick up my things "tomorrow." Always "tomorrow." But tomorrow never came, until more than four weeks after the pickup, when another mover finally picked up my things from the storage unit in Kentucky.

Still, Empire would not give me an ETA. Finally, when I called two days before Christmas, they told me that my things would be delivered on Christmas Day! Sure enough, at 8am on Christmas morning, my belongings finally arrived! I had been sitting in an empty apartment for five weeks, with only what I had brought with me on the plane in two suitcases.

I am not the only person who has had this experience with Empire and Hall of Fame Moving. When the Department of Transportation started investigating in response to my complaint, they found that Hall of Fame was also holding another person's belongings hostage in the Kentucky storage unit. According to a Yelp review, Empire set up another person with Hall of Fame, which was successful in extorting an additional $1000 from her. Stay away from both of these companies. Also, after my experience, I recommend not using a broker. Just go direct to one of the reputable moving companies.

Mr. Smith,

We are so sorry you're not satisfied with your moving experience. When you expressed your dissatisfaction with the carrier assigned to your move we immediately had a new carrier take over your move. You were only charged the price of your estimate nothing additional. Empire Moving Group apologies that you are unhappy with your moving experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I was very satisfied with the whole process. From my first call with Mr. ** to the communication with Danielle in their dispatching office I was thrilled. The Crew that came out was great. The only negative thing that happened that got taken care of was damage to an old Bookcase. Empire Moving Group took care of this in their claims department and I feel like there was a positive remedy to my problem. Hopefully I am staying put for a while, but I would highly recommend to others.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I recently set up a move for my husband and I. This was such an easy experience and I couldn’t be happier. All of our belongings were wrapped in blankets and protected. It took a little over a week for everything to arrive and my husband and I were ecstatic when everything got here. Not one complaint!

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to service your move!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I had a handful of fragile items including expensive art that needed to be packed by professionals. These items I believe could have been thrown down the stairs they were packed so perfectly. I was very impressed with the crew that showed up at my studio and I will absolutely be using them again for my next studio move.

Empire Moving Group response

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! Thank you so much!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Not sure how the research is done or review is collected, the company I have picked on your site to do my cross country moving has been nothing but a disastrous experience. The matter of fact is the move which was scheduled on December 26th has not started as of today (December 28th). This clearly shows that Consumer Affairs has no transparency in who and what it endorses without any credibility to support. I thought I was able to trust the companies listed here but I was very wrong.

Mr. Choi,

Empire Moving Group does apologize that you are dissatisfied with your moving experience. Empire Moving Group feels as if we have gone above and beyond to service both your house hold and Auto transportation move. We even came out of pocket hundreds of dollars to make sure the transportation of your vehicle went smoothly. Empire Moving Group is sadden that our efforts to accommodate you were not satisfying.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

AMAZING customer service by representative Brittany! She did EVERYTHING in her power to help me. When she couldn't answer a question she got help from a supervisor. PLEASE Recognize Her for being a GREAT customer service rep! THANK YOU ALL.

Empire Moving Group response

Brittany is one of Empire Moving Groups STAR TEAM MEMBER!! We are very lucky to have her and we are so happy that Brittany was so helpful during your moving experience!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We moved my mother's house from Florida to Ohio. We received 3 different quotes, one of them was $2000 cheaper. Empire was in the middle and I had a good feeling about these guys, assuming the other quote was too good to be true. We chose empire for her move and everything went really well. They were really nice to my mother, which I really appreciated. If there was one thing wrong, it was that they were 20 minutes late on the pickup. Everything else surpassed our expectations. We'll be using Empire when we do our move next year.

Empire Moving Group response

We are so happy that you enjoyed moving with us! Hope to move you again in the future

Empire Moving Group Company Information