4.1/5 (82 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Really glad I found this team to handle this job. They got there quick and handled the move fast. They arrived to the drop off location right on time which is rare these days. Overall a good experience with this company.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I was given a contract with a cost of $6,070.21, later increased to $9,000 with extra items added. Then I found out on moving day that I had a different moving company and they charged me $19,439.00. When I called Empire and reported this, the person on the phone said, "oh, that is less than ideal"!! I was told it would be investigated and heard nothing. I called again and was told that they are still investigating.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I was hesitant at first to use any company I don't know but I was out of options and had limited time. The time frame was fair and the quotes were acceptable. Pretty much got what I expected to be honest. They came in, got my stuff and dropped it off in the new spot. All around a pretty good experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

They did a really great job. I typically NEVER leave reviews but these guys went above and beyond so I just felt obligated. They did everything fast, and cheap too! Hopefully this is the last move I need to make for a while but if I ever need to go again I know who I'm calling!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Very politely on the phone, got straight to the point and got me a quote. Talked it over with my loved ones and called back about a day later. The man remembered who I was and my exact situation and that just made it feel like they cared! Really awesome job!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

These guys were awesome! I'm getting older in my years and my kids are so busy with school and work that I really had nowhere else to turn. Of course it's nerve racking moving into a retirement home and worrying about all the things you've collected over the years but these guys really make you feel at home. Happy I found them!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Really proud of these guys. They did a wonderful job and even handled my fragile items with a lot of love and care. I got really lucky for these guys just do every job in a excellent manner. Don't pass this group up for subpar care at another place that won't even do the job right!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

These guys are great. Really can't tell you how amazing this service was. They were faster, cheaper and better than anyone else I've ever used to move! I really am amazed by how professional they did everything.10/10 and will certainly use these folks again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Really wonderful experience with this company and group. The folks on the phone were nice, the movers that showed up were nice and everything went smoothly start to finish. Overall I'm please with the service I received on all ends of the transaction with these guys

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Professional quality help with great customer service who made sure my movers were insured and certified. Very happy with how everything turned out. It's always scary to trust your entire life with a group of strangers and watch it drive away in the back of a truck but these folks definitely made it feel a whole lot more comfortable. Can't say enough about the folks at empire moving group! Definitely don't miss out on a reputable company like this!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I gave a big tip to the movers because of how fast they moved and how nice they were. They did an amazing job and I believe in giving people what they deserve. Very please with the service overall and couldn't have asked for a better company to handle my moving needs.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Really good job from these folks here! They were fast, professional, and best of all super nice. Nothing beats quality performance, coupled with courteous reps! Somebody needs to give these guys a raise! I gave them a nice tip and told them I'd see them. I'll see ya later alligator (I live in Florida lol). Very happy with how things went.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Really great service here. Wow. These folks really know how to manage a business. Very good customer service with the folks over the phone and the actual movers were nice also. They handled the job fast too which is always great. Didnt take but half a day at most!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

These guys are amazing. Very polite and nice on the phone and the movers were able to get everything in and out of the truck with 0 issues. No damage to any belongings and the new place already feels like home! Very glad I decided to go with this company.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Empire Moving Group helped come pick up our stuff with short lead time (another company tried to move a pickup time out close to a week which we would not accept), for which I was tempted to give them 2 stars instead of 1. Many of our complaints deal with the company that they contracted out to, NW Relo, but we ultimately paid Empire Moving Group for services which we never fully received which were heinously tardy and Empire Moving Group owns the overall process as the primary contact point. The contractor still "owns" what the subcontractor does. If you don't understand these interesting businesses, they pick up your items and put them in storage and then the truck going down leaves a week or two -- or in our case, a month or two -- later.

Empire Moving Group of course will hide behind all the legalese in the world for expected time, but on move out day we got a paper saying to expecting the truck in "up to 21 days". No asterisk saying that meant business days vs calendar days and nothing to indicate it was a weak / next-to-worthless guess or hope vs something contractually accountable for. We emailed and called a couple times to understand when to expect movers vs us doing errands/outings in our new home, and it was only right around 3 weeks in that they clarified that 28 *business* days (over 1 1/2 months!) was what they _really_ meant when they had ample time to be transparent earlier.

When the movers arrived roughly a month after move out, they were missing a ton of items: Among them all 5 out of 5 of our beds being incomplete or missing entirely. Zero apologies, zero rushed fix, and it took a full week for them to realize/acknowledge there was a ton of our stuff including beds still in our warehouses. Apparently back-of-the-line treatment is what we got because it took another month for Round 2 of the move to arriver, and never once did they give an estimated date. Threatening to go to binding arbitration was sometimes the only way to get them to respond to emails in a timely manner.

We also repeatedly complained that they did not reassemble furniture that they had disassembled on the move out, something we specifically paid extra for. Our first set of movers went AWOL at the end of the day, leaving many of the upstairs boxes down in a downstairs holding zone too. The 2nd set of movers told us point blank they didn't do "Ikea" stuff but NW Relo distinctly told us that reassembly of anything disassembled was indeed the service we paid extra for -- and I'm rightfully holding Empire Moving Group accountable too. I will separately pursue for monetary compensation, refunding for services I was not granted, and I will expect the highest level of customer service just like you would expect from a cable company *sarcasm*.

Multiple times in this second round we cc-ed or roped in Empire Moving Group customer service directly, and I would say 0 of those times did it really help (except for right after failed Round 1 when we got follow-up contact info for NW Relo). Were we wrong to switching companies instead of waiting a week for the original mover? Perhaps, but maybe this whole industry is nasty and I'm betting that more. Either way, Empire Moving Group is what and now I'm warning you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We were advised to never use a Broker for a move but we didn't listen and now have to pay the price for our mistake. Our problem was not with the movers. It was the (Broker) Empire Moving Group. We totally understood that it was an estimate from the beginning but how could you possibility be off by $4,000.00. Empire assured us that the moving company would pack our TVs, Mattresses and Washing and Drying at no extra charge that this was all included. Boy was that a joke. It cost $500.00 to pack our Washer and Dryer which took 15 minutes to wrap. Also found out that the Washer and Dryer should have had Moving Bolts put in it, which was never scheduled to have done by Empire Moving Group. So good possibility that our Washer and Dryer are history. Guess what? We have been calling the Sales Person all day and of course they never called back. Beware!!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Empire Moving really helped eliminate the stress I was dealing with when preparing for my move. I got so many calls from different moving companies and the person I spoke with at Empire was the most kind at explaining the details of the move so I understood the process. They gave me a very reasonable price for the move and the movers were absolutely wonderful when they got to my home. My items were delivered quickly and I was overall very satisfied with my experience with them. Definitely recommend!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

They do good job with moving things quickly from a to b. Really surprised most moving company kind of shady but they do good job and straight to point. Very please with how good they do and I even tip the gentlemen who move my things.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

If "0" stars was an option, I would have selected that. My mother was looking to get a driver to transports her household items from Utah to North Dakota. She explained with the representative each of her items in detail, how many boxes she had, the size of her couches, etc. - every detail they needed to accurately determine the size of the trailer needed to move. The Representatives' name was ALEX, his direct line is **. After the Rep secured $1900 from my mother-in-law, he then decided to inform her that the size of the vehicle was 8ft W, 10ft L, and 7ft Tall. Which would not fit all of the items, unless of course you threw all her belongings into a wood shredder first and proceeded to shovel the wood chips into the trailer.

If you look at the other negative google reviews (which are the actual reviews, the positive ones are made by a full time employee of theirs whose job is to bury the negative reviews with fake positive ones - I know this because I worked in this industry and ended up quitting because of the unethical behavior) you will see how this company actually works. Once I caught wind of her situation, I knew that I was seeing a red flag, I immediately had her call to cancel the the deposit that was charged for services not being rendered as stated. The Rep ALEX continued to harrass via text, every message stating that she would NOT get the money back, which is an intimidation tactic to prevent the victim from filing the chargeback with the credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

They do great job. Very fast. Cheaper than others. Had to get out of Alabama (yuck) and get to green pasture. Very happy I had this company to help me make this happen. They did not waste any time and I am very happy I chose them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

They do such a good job!! Really can't believe anyone would ever have anything bad to say. I had a team of guys to my house in the SAME DAY. The quote ended up being more than it actually was when they arrive which wont warrant any complaints from me! All in all this was a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

They did a wonderful job getting my things from a to b. I can't believe it! I actually passed them up for another company a while back and I'm so glad I gave them a shot this time around. They really do handle everything with quality and care.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

This is a broker not a moving company. Save yourself some headache and a lot of money. Call the moving company direct. This company lies. HERE is our WORST mistake, in August, we were checking into moving companies to move us from New York to New Mexico. We spoke to Alex at Empire Moving, he gave us a quote, we were not sure of the date because our house was not on the market. We ask him multiple times if we would be able to change the date or cancel if necessary and get our money back. He assured us we could change the date or cancel up to 7 days prior to the moving date and get our money back minus a handling fee. We book with him online and paid a deposit of $3750.00, they refused to take a credit card. Said it had to come out of our bank account. In September we requested to cancel and get our deposit back. We were told that the deposit was non-refundable after 72 hours from booking time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

This company is a 3rd party broker that markets themselves as a full service moving company. The sales team lied about not hiring out to a 3rd party low rate trucking company, which is exactly what they did. They changed my move date and time 3 times in 24 hours, never showed up for any of the deadlines, lied about their delays, and demanded cash as payment. Do not under any circumstances use this company. If you want a cheap price, avoid the middle man and hire anyone off the street with a truck, that's what they seem to do.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Pretty happy with the experience I got. They said leaving a review helps them out. I figured why not. Got exactly what I expected with them which I'm quickly finding out is not par for the course from other reviews I'm reading. They did a good job, moved quickly and there was no funny business. -Tom

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Very pleased with this group. A while back I had to move out of my parent's house and it was a horrible experience. I'm thankful this group is transparent and clear on costs and time estimations. It's always nice when you deal with a new company and they give it to you straight!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

In my personal opinion this company is fraudulent. I Spoke with a reservationist and told him I needed nearly 1800 cubic feet based on a recent move. I told him repeatedly I need a 26 foot truck with a "Moms" attic to accommodate my belongings. He confirmed this need then he gave me a quote for 563 cubic feet and rushed me through the contract. I received a verification call the following day specifying 563 cubic feet. I was furious and believe I was mislead. I immediately cancelled the move based on my opinion of misrepresentation and fraud. The manager I spoke with confirmed with the reservationist that I had told him I needed a full 26 foot truck with a "Moms" attic.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Oh wow they did such a good job I had to leave a review! They were quick with getting someone out to me to get the process start and I'm very happy with how everything went down. The quote I got from the actual movers was much less than what I was originally quoted because my items fit in a much smaller space than I had anticipated. It was my first time hiring movers so I didn't know what to expect but they did a wonderful job

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

After getting a moving quote from a company through a job moving coordinator, I came to Consumer Affairs to find another competitive quote. They referred us to two companies, one of which was Empire Moving Group. Empire is a moving BROKER, not a moving company. Empire paired us with Encore Moving company. I am not reviewing Encore, they were fine. Empire, however, SEVERELY underestimated our moving expenses, and after all was said and done, our moving square footage more than doubled.

Our items did not even fit into the truck that Encore brought, and the truck was twice what Empire estimated. We rented our own truck and ended up having to put long term storage items in that truck, and also had to sell/ give away furniture that didn't fit. The day after we moved, Encore called us to tell us they wouldn't be able to store our items for more than thirty days. Long term storage was in our contract with Empire, and they are now NOT acknowledging that part of the contract, saying that it is now our issue with Encore.

It was Empire's job to find us a mover who could adequately move us as well as be able to store our belongings for at least 9 months. They have FAILED to do either, and we have not been able to talk to anyone above customer service. The first customer service agent actually had the audacity to tell us to pack to the original cubic square footage estimate, and leave the rest of our belongings behind. Instead of working with us to find a company that could store our items adequately, they told us that it was our problem and not theirs. If you are reading this, PLEASE do not go with a moving broker. They charge thousands in binding/ administrative fees. Go directly to a moving company. There is a huge difference, so please protect yourself. Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Empire Moving Group has a D- rating and 1.6 stars.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Amazing service, amazing company, amazing reps, amazing prices. These guys just did such a good job I can't say it enough. Not sure how I lucked out with such an amazing company but I'm sure glad I found them. I was at my rope's end when I called them but the man I spoke with on the phone was very understanding of how stressful the moving process is and walked me through this.

Empire Moving Group Company Information