3.6/5 (139 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Big move for the business I had near Detroit, to Chicago. They had made everything very simple and easy for me and I just did not trust my people to move things safely or carefully. They did a fantastic job and made sure nothing would be broken upon arrival.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Pretty excellent job from these bros. Really pleased with how everything went down on this long distance move because I was really out of options at the last second due to another team I hired not showing up. Anyway these guys are phenomenal and you should use them if you have a big move planned.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

They did a really good job and I am so happy I hired them. I moved out from home a few years back and this was my first time needing to hire a company so it was super cool they walked me through the whole process and stayed in contact every step of the way. I thought the experience would be way more nerve wracking but these guys were super nice the whole way through and made me feel secure in my decision to trust them. Wonderful team here!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I am out $600 as a result of dealing with this crooked company. Kyle ** or Luca will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign. Then they will sell the move to another company who jacks up the price or hold your items hostage. They will ask for more payment again and again. I hope karma comes back on each person involved in this sham. They very truthful reviews with tons of fake positive reviews. Do not trust them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Had a pretty long distance move lined up and none of the local spots were able to do it in the time frame I needed and they also didn't really inspire confidence in that they could even do it saying things like they've never had to go that far and weren't able to tell me how long it would take which seemed really strange. Anyway I went with Empire and they did a fantastic job!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Never use Empire Moving Group!! I was quoted $3,500, it cost $7,000. They said it was going to be 3-5 days, it took a month! They broken our 75in TV. They are unresponsive! On the RARE chance when I do actually get through they are very rude and unprofessional and then they just hang up on me!!! I should have known from the beginning that this was not going to be good because after I was quoted, I said I have to check with my husband and the broker at Empire Movers said, "Well now I am pissed, I thought this was a done deal!" Verbatim!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

The goal of this review is to inform the public of the things I wish I knew before using Empire. My move was from MD to TX.

- Never trust the salesman. (In my case his name was Luca, sounded like a decent guy till my items were picked up and then he washed his hands off.)
    - The price they quote you is only an estimate and it will likely double. (We went from $6800 to $10800.)
    - They sell your move to another company. (In my case it was Cobra Vanlines who had policies. I was not aware of because I did not hire them and never investigated them and I do not blame them for their part.)
    - After your move is sold they wash their hands off you. (It went from nice to rude very quickly. They said if you have any issues call Cobra but Cobra was not the people I hired.)
    - Prepare for your items to not arrive for another 30 days. (In my case it was 24 days and they told us max 7 days. I had to buy new items to survive the duration including new clothes for my kids to go to school.)
    - Our items were picked up by an independent contractor, who delivered them to a warehouse in NJ and then was held for about 3 weeks and then picked up by a United Moving trailer and delivered to TX. Pray there are no damages during this process and if there is, good luck in getting them resolved.
    - When they get to your destination and there are stairs they will charge you more money to get things up.

- Keep your most important items with you because you never know how long they will keep them.

CONCLUSION - As tempting as it is to use a cheaper company for your move, I highly recommend you use an actual moving company for your move (Empire is not a moving company). Yes, it is expensive but you will end up spending the same amount or more with Empire and your items will likely get delivered faster. I learned some valuable lessons through this process and I will like to save others the headache if I can. My frustration cannot be put in words and to date, I have items that were left behind after they were dismantled. They told me to assemble them myself and that it is not difficult.

Luca, if you happen to read this review, please understand that you are in a position of public trust, and the omissions and deceit you make in order to sell a move and receive a paycheck affect families tremendously. Just be sincere with people. IF YOU CAN AT ALL, NEVER USE EMPIRE FOR YOUR MOVE. A LOCAL MOVER WARNED ME AND I WISH I HEEDED.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Awesome experience with Empire moving group. They did a fantastic job of making arrangements for me to have my move done in the time frame and price range I needed. They were wonderful and super easy to get a long with.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Empire Moving Group presented themselves as a moving broker that would ensure that our move went smoothly. They assured us that the hefty brokerʻs fee we paid would help them select a reputable, professional, moving company so that we would have the best moving experience possible. But...Empire Moving Group has shown us a different face after we had paid them our fee. On the day of the move, their selected company, Triple Crown Moving and Storage, showed up and told us that the fee estimate for our move from Empire Moving Group was massively too low and that we needed to pay thousands more for the move. We were shocked, but went along with this. The movers requested a tip from us to ensure that our move would go smoothly, saying it was customary to do this.

We were getting very uneasy by this point, but, since this was a Sunday, we could not contact Empire Moving Group to confirm this, so we felt we were obligated to pay the "tip". I remember hoping that things would go well with the move, but they did not. When our goods were delivered - this time by a sub-contractor to Triple Crown Moving and Storage - thousands of dollars of our items were damaged or "missing". Empire Moving Group has refused to accept any responsibility for the way this move went, stating that we were the ones who should have said we did not want Triple Crown Moving and Storage to handle our move. There has been no remorse and no remedies offered by Empire Moving Group. Do not use this company. You will be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Your agent informed of two bedrooms with a queen bed in each with head and door boards. These items were omitted from the quote to make it seem as if I got a deal New quote 2000 more. Cancelled 8.8.22.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

These people called me at the last minute to tell they had no driver to pick up my move. They left me hanging. Do not bother with this company. They give you a good price but then can't fulfill. Save your money. Stay away from moving consolidators in Florida!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Had a small move lined up and nothing crazy. They did a really fantastic job of getting everything packed up and loaded on the truck for me. Even the more difficult items like the bed frames and dressers were no problem for them. I'm really happy I chose them as my moving group.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Had a big old move and not a ton of time. A friend recommended these folks saying they did a good job for them so I gave them a try and the quotes were fair and they showed up on time. Really happy I went through with utilizing them for their moving service because everything worked out well. Thank you for reading.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

They did a great job to be honest. I was skeptical of having people drive off with my things but they not only did a fantastic job of actually completing the labor they also gave me quality customer service. I couldn't be more grateful.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

They really did a great job with handling my move. I had a small house being transferred over to a bigger house and I had a ton of furniture that I ordered still in boxes that was ready to be moved so that made things easy. I give this company 5 stars for how fast they move everything.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Disgusting, soulless company. If you’re not in the market to be deceived, insulted, and screamed at, turn back now. Notice how many of their positive reviews are vague and posted at the same time? Empire will make your move a LIVING NIGHTMARE. Empire couldn’t be nicer when they’re luring you in for money. That’s the first and last time you’ll receive any customer service. Afterwards, Empire sells your move to a shady carrier that has up to 30 business days to get you your belongings. Mine showed up on the 30th business day in crushed, open boxes.

Empire will not move your belongings. They’re a broker. They don’t tell you that when you’re negotiating, but they’re more than happy to tell you they are when it’s been weeks and their default reply is “contact your carrier” (this is after they told me I was “annoying” for checking on the status of my belongings). The employee that arranged my move gave me his “personal number”, but whenever I tried to call it after making a deposit, it forwarded to an answering service.

The carrier only replied to texts once every few weeks. They also charged me $300 more than Empire, showed up in an unmarked truck, texted expletives, screamed during pickup, and screamed over the phone that “it was going to hurt me” if I asked for my belongings. This carrier ultimately didn’t deliver my belongings, thankfully, as I was scared for my safety due to their hostility. I would have rather walked the 1,000 miles of my move on the side of the road in the blistering heat with my belongings than have ever done business with this pathetic excuse for a company. They’re repulsive. It’s a shame they’re allowed to even operate.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

They had really fair prices compared to other places charging an arm and a leg, they gave me a time estimate that was about half of some of the other places, and they actually showed up to pack things up on time, and also dropped everything off on time. all in all they were good.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

They did a superb job with my business that I had for them. I had 4 bedroom house and lots of small things, nothing too heavy. Just a lot of little things. Luckily the big pieces I had were easily taken apart and they made short work of getting everything into their truck. Everything went exceedingly well.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

When I called Empire, I spoke to a wonderful young man who was willing to help me and answer any questions I had. He informed me that as an educator I was eligible for a discounted rate which he applied to my estimate. He and I completed a video call as I was in a different state, to assess the approximate amount of square footage I would need for my move. The move was set up for June 3. The movers, A2Z Moving, with whom, Kyle, my agent had contracted the move, came to the house were nice, however, other than the head guy, there was one additional and then a child who was working with them.

They worked efficiently but told me that since I had boxes that I had packed that had fragile contents that it would be approximately 1700 cubic feet in the truck to move my items. Since I wanted to make sure my contents arrived safely I had to agree to this as I had no other choice. They were already there and had already packed my items on the truck. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. This increased the cost of my move by approximately $6,000. An amount for which I was woefully unprepared. I agreed as I had no choice and they finished packing the truck and pulled away.

I was informed that my items would remain in storage in Dallas (I was moving from Texas to NY) until an 18 wheeler was available to take my items along with other peoples items. I was aware that this could take a couple of weeks and I was willing to wait as my items were going into storage. I waited 10 days and contacted the movers - A2Z as well as Empire to determine the status of my move. They stated that the items were in NJ and would be delivered the next day. I was never contacted. I made arrangements for the driver/A2Z to meet me at the storage facility the following day. I was told they would not be able to be there until 3pm as they had other deliveries to make that day. I agreed.

I arrived punctually and waited for a half hour and then called for status. I was told they would be there shortly. I waited an additional hour and no-one arrived. I called at 5pm and was told they would be there at 7pm. I agreed and returned to the facility at 6:45 in case they were early. They did not arrive. I contacted them again and was told 9:00 PM. The facility closed at 10 PM and given the amount of items I had, that would not have been enough time. I told them to come the next day at 9:00 am. They did not want to agree to this as it meant they would have to stay somewhere overnight. But alas, they had no choice. I arrived at 8:45 AM and waited patiently. No show at 9:00, or 9:15 or 9:30. They finally showed at 9:45 in a rental 17-1800 cubic foot truck.

Knowing that I was charged for the full 17-1800 cubic feet of a truck I expected to see my items take up the entire truck when the back door was opened. This was not the case. There were someone else's items in front of mine and there was a substantial amount of space in front of those. When the other person's items were moved I noticed that the boxes that had been marked fragile and should not have been stacked were stacked on top of each other with other heavy items on top of them. The boxes were crushed and some were ripped open. As the items were going into storage I couldn't even open them all to see what kind of damage there were to my items. I have tried to get in touch with A2Z moving for weeks to no avail. I don't know what kind of vetting Empire does but A2Z Moving Inc. in Flemington, NJ should not be trusted or used as a moving company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I was told that my things would be picked up on Friday, then they moved it to Saturday. Then Late Friday night, I got a call from one of the reps telling me that there is no way they would be there Saturday, but could pick my things up the following Wednesday. I asked for a discount because of the loss of money and inconvenience with moving days later. They credited me $200.

The day came to move, and the guys did a great job!! I have no issues with the actual moving guys during this experience. They were very professional. After a week and a half, my items were delivered…. 13 hrs after they were suppose to, at 11 o’clock at night. Again delivery/moving guys were Great! One of my items was damaged…the moving guys gave me ideas on how to fix it (very nice of them). I made several phone calls, sent emails, about the damage, and not one person has contacted me back! I wish I could deal with just the moving guys in this company. Customer service reps and the “middle-men” are definitely lacking with this moving company!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

They were AWESOME and AMAZING. I can't believe how competitive they were when it came to pricing and the fact that there was no funny business at any stage of the game during my move was incredible. Me and my cousin just moved from NV to AZ and the whole process was very simple and easy. Due to availability I hired this company instead of the one he went with and everything was perfect with Empire Moving group!

Original review: July 25, 2022

They did a fairly good job. Everything went as it should've which I am finding is a rarity in this business. They came in and I had all my things disassembled and boxed up ready to go to make this process as quick and painless for everyone involved. They were fast with getting things packed up and arrived to the new place exactly on time.

Original review: July 21, 2022

They gave 5 star service to me and my roommate. Our lease was up and we decided to move states together since we could afford it with the money we've been saving. Now we are on to bigger and better things. I hope you guys hire this company because they did everything really good.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Don't be fooled. They are fast talkers and nothing more than brokers. No matter what, they will have an excuse - even if you give them exact dimensions and weights. They simply broker a deal, collect their money, and hire a company who will every-single-time charge more money for add'l packing materials, additional cube, additional this and that, etc. They don't follow through and they will leave you hanging. Save yourself the trouble and book directly with someone else who doesn't broker out your move. I had to pay an extra $2500 for all of the extras and the moving company told me they have to explain this to customers every day. Empire is a bad deal. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 20, 2022

DO NOT USE!!! HANG UP THE PHONE IF THEY CALL!!! The salesperson Luca asked what our budget was moving from NY to FL and requested an inventory which we gave him to the best of our ability as we just began packing. Luca quoted us a price and told us our stuff would be picked up one of two days and that we would have our stuff in two days. Unfortunately, we believed him and paid our deposit of $1,382. We received a call from Robert who wanted to go over our inventory three days later. We gave him the updated inventory to be told that our cost would now be an additional $1900+ unless we stuck to the initial inventory, we gave Luca.

To make matters worst, we were also told by one Diane that Luca lied to us about a 2-day delivery adding that we should have requested expedited or express service if that is what we wanted as they NEVER promise customers delivery in 2 days. She also indicated that the truck would not have our stuff alone. She rudely told us that it could take up to 2 weeks before we got our stuff and told me to deal with my BROKER (this was the first time we were learning that Luca was a Broker). We eventually caught up with the salesperson Luca who admitted that he told us we would get our stuff in two days, when we asked for a refund of our deposit, he asked us to hold the line for him to speak to his manager. However, he did not return to the line.

The next voice was one Shane who said he dealt with cancellations. He told us that we would not receive a refund, wanted to know how he can help with our move. He was combative and rude and told me we signed a contract and if we took him to court our verbal conversation with Luca would not stand, especially since we signed a contract with a clause that said it could take 2 -14 days for delivery, and even that time is not guaranteed (I recorded this conversation). We feel like someone [Empire] agreed to help us as senior citizens across the street and then ROBBED OUR PURSE! WE WILL BE REPORTING EMPIRE TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE.

Original review: July 20, 2022

They were pretty good. Had a big move from Maryland over to my brand new house in Virginia. They were professional about the move the whole through and this company really made me feel like I was going to be taken care of. It's always good when you can just hear how experienced a company is with the service they are providing you on the first phone call.

Original review: July 18, 2022

They were pretty swell had a move up the west coast of the USA and made sure I hired a certified company of pros. They did a great job staying within the time frame I needed and the budget was right where I needed it to be. The only other thing when looking for moving companies is making sure they don't break or steal your stuff and everything made it to the drop-off point intact. 5 stars for Empire.

Original review: July 15, 2022

They made everything super simple for me and the family. They came in and got everything on the truck in a matter of minutes where it would taken my mental health riddled family weeks. They were pretty on the ball and I appreciate a team doing the job they were hired to do.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Really amazing what this team was able to accomplish for me. I thought all hope was lost after calling about 6 other companies who gave other exorbitant price tags or outrageous completion times. This team and this company did such a good job that I am actually leaving them a review which I hardly ever do.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Really great team here at Empire Moving Group. Chad the person who I was introduced to this company with was very nice and professional with getting straight down to business and letting me know what prices would be as an estimate. Luckily things didn't end up being much more but they did need a bigger truck because I forgot to mention some big pieces of furniture. They were very good with handling my move.

Empire Moving Group Company Information