2. Movers

4.0/5 (88 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

This is a broker not a moving company. Save yourself some headache and a lot of money. Call the moving company direct. This company lies. HERE is our WORST mistake, in August, we were checking into moving companies to move us from New York to New Mexico. We spoke to Alex at Empire Moving, he gave us a quote, we were not sure of the date because our house was not on the market. We ask him multiple times if we would be able to change the date or cancel if necessary and get our money back. He assured us we could change the date or cancel up to 7 days prior to the moving date and get our money back minus a handling fee. We book with him online and paid a deposit of $3750.00, they refused to take a credit card. Said it had to come out of our bank account. In September we requested to cancel and get our deposit back. We were told that the deposit was non-refundable after 72 hours from booking time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

This company is a 3rd party broker that markets themselves as a full service moving company. The sales team lied about not hiring out to a 3rd party low rate trucking company, which is exactly what they did. They changed my move date and time 3 times in 24 hours, never showed up for any of the deadlines, lied about their delays, and demanded cash as payment. Do not under any circumstances use this company. If you want a cheap price, avoid the middle man and hire anyone off the street with a truck, that's what they seem to do.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Pretty happy with the experience I got. They said leaving a review helps them out. I figured why not. Got exactly what I expected with them which I'm quickly finding out is not par for the course from other reviews I'm reading. They did a good job, moved quickly and there was no funny business. -Tom

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Very pleased with this group. A while back I had to move out of my parent's house and it was a horrible experience. I'm thankful this group is transparent and clear on costs and time estimations. It's always nice when you deal with a new company and they give it to you straight!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

In my personal opinion this company is fraudulent. I Spoke with a reservationist and told him I needed nearly 1800 cubic feet based on a recent move. I told him repeatedly I need a 26 foot truck with a "Moms" attic to accommodate my belongings. He confirmed this need then he gave me a quote for 563 cubic feet and rushed me through the contract. I received a verification call the following day specifying 563 cubic feet. I was furious and believe I was mislead. I immediately cancelled the move based on my opinion of misrepresentation and fraud. The manager I spoke with confirmed with the reservationist that I had told him I needed a full 26 foot truck with a "Moms" attic.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Oh wow they did such a good job I had to leave a review! They were quick with getting someone out to me to get the process start and I'm very happy with how everything went down. The quote I got from the actual movers was much less than what I was originally quoted because my items fit in a much smaller space than I had anticipated. It was my first time hiring movers so I didn't know what to expect but they did a wonderful job

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

After getting a moving quote from a company through a job moving coordinator, I came to Consumer Affairs to find another competitive quote. They referred us to two companies, one of which was Empire Moving Group. Empire is a moving BROKER, not a moving company. Empire paired us with Encore Moving company. I am not reviewing Encore, they were fine. Empire, however, SEVERELY underestimated our moving expenses, and after all was said and done, our moving square footage more than doubled.

Our items did not even fit into the truck that Encore brought, and the truck was twice what Empire estimated. We rented our own truck and ended up having to put long term storage items in that truck, and also had to sell/ give away furniture that didn't fit. The day after we moved, Encore called us to tell us they wouldn't be able to store our items for more than thirty days. Long term storage was in our contract with Empire, and they are now NOT acknowledging that part of the contract, saying that it is now our issue with Encore.

It was Empire's job to find us a mover who could adequately move us as well as be able to store our belongings for at least 9 months. They have FAILED to do either, and we have not been able to talk to anyone above customer service. The first customer service agent actually had the audacity to tell us to pack to the original cubic square footage estimate, and leave the rest of our belongings behind. Instead of working with us to find a company that could store our items adequately, they told us that it was our problem and not theirs. If you are reading this, PLEASE do not go with a moving broker. They charge thousands in binding/ administrative fees. Go directly to a moving company. There is a huge difference, so please protect yourself. Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Empire Moving Group has a D- rating and 1.6 stars.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Amazing service, amazing company, amazing reps, amazing prices. These guys just did such a good job I can't say it enough. Not sure how I lucked out with such an amazing company but I'm sure glad I found them. I was at my rope's end when I called them but the man I spoke with on the phone was very understanding of how stressful the moving process is and walked me through this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Great experience with these guys. They did a wonderful job. I had some farming equipment I needed moved from a-b and they got everything there unscratched. You could really tell they've done this before. It's always a bonus when the customer reps are super friendly and straight to the point as well. I'm very glad I found this company and you guys should not pass them up if you have the opportunity.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

These guys are pros and I do mean that. The rep on the phone moved fast and had an appointment for me the same day, the prices were comparable but nothing could beat how quickly they got things done. 10/10 great service.

Empire Moving Group Company Information