3.9/5 (153 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
  • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Empire Moving Group was absolutely FANTASTIC. I had nowhere else to turn and thought I was going to have to just donate things because my local teams and friends and family were all indisposed and couldn't help or were too expensive. A friend told me to call Empire and they will make sure everything is taken care of and sure enough they did! No issues with the move itself and everyone who works there is super nice!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

This is a 5 star team of moving professionals that will make all your problems and stress melt away by how on point they are. I had a very good experience with Empire Moving Group and I think everyone should give them a shot. Nothing broken or damaged or stolen along the way which oddly enough is rare. They were worthy of getting a 5 star review

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Heya I give this group of movers and consultants here 5 stars. They were pretty keyed in to my area and know how to get everything done in a timely fashion without a bunch of hiccups or broken furniture. They did a good enough job with everything and I would definitely recommend you hire them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

There needs to be better communication and a need for more integrity in completing business transactions. Changing rates at the last minute when a person plans to move a long distance is preying on the person's vulnerability to make other accommodations. Empire did not verbally disclose that the booking was contracted to other movers. Kyle the booking representative provided information that seemed legit but failed to state that the moving company who accepts the contract can come in and add additional speculations that fall within the characteristics of what has been quoted. My family was charged an additional 2600 in fees after paying a nonrefundable $1000. prepayment. Empire Moving Company appears to be compliant with moving companies that have hidden intentions to trap people into paying a higher price for services than agreed upon.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I not speak good English so having company to do same language was very nice and help a lot. They come in to home and get boxes and couches and things and this process was made to be very easy for me. I am very happy with how they operate business at Empire. Thank you again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I was very pleased with the service. This excellent team of fast and reliable professional movers provided to me and my family. I was super concerned about making arrangements and trying to get everything lines up but these guys helped me out with the planning phase and we timed things perfectly to get my new things dropped off right after I got the keys! 10 out of 10!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Moved to Missouri not too long ago and I remember having such a hard time finding a good moving company to get me from where I was to where I'm at. It was really tough especially finding a group that could do it in the time I needed. These guys ended up panning out for me and everything was delivered in the condition it left in.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I had a pretty good time with this company. They were fast to arrive and I gave the man on the phone a general estimate for them to figure out how big of a truck we needed. Everything lined up perfectly and the time it took them to drop everything off at the new place was acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Farm equipment that needed to go from Arizona to Texas. My normal shippers fell through so I needed a capable team of guys to handle some smaller but heavy equipment over to the sister farm. These guys did a good job and made sure it was all handled appropriately.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Small move no major issues. Everything was fast and worked out pretty well. I had some small stuff that I carried in my car like the PC and monitors, etc, stuff I didn't want sitting in a truck. They helped get stuff into my car as well as handling the rest of the stuff I actually hired them for. They were a good team and I would definitely come back.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Empire Moving Group gave me and my family excellent customer service over the phone and treated us like valued customers. When the movers arrived we were extremely pleased and grateful that they took extra precautions to make sure our things were safe and secure.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Empire Moving Group did a really wonderful job handling my move. I had a 4 bedroom house in Miami that I was having moved to Jacksonville, so it was a bit of a trek. They made it happen and made it all work out exactly how I needed it to.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Had a pretty small quantity of stuff compared to last time I had to move, some basic stuff. Moving out of my girlfriend's and into my own place in Georgia after a break up. I work remote so I just found the closest place with cheap rent. Due to the nature of everything, speed was a factor and I needed to go asap. They made it happen and I didn't have any issues.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

This was a solid job from a solid team. They were quick to arrive and made sure everything was done in the order needed and they took extra care to make sure delicate items were appropriately stored in the truck and wrapped up so nothing would be break.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

To keep it short and sweet, they get you to sign a contract “estimate”, knowing the price is going to change. They quoted one price, knowing all details, then upon arrival acted surprised about the golf cart they charged me extra to haul (twice extra actually since they charged $400 for it and then didn’t include it on the itemized list, then added another $600 to get it on the list. The rep, Eli, played victim and acted like he’s in trouble and tried to add $1200, then we agreed to half that).

When driver arrived he claimed the cart would take the entire 749 cft they allotted for on the “estimate”. That’s where they get you. They then told me the rate would now be over $7,000 (remember it started at $5,000). When I tried to explain the conversation I had with Eli and that everything was clear, all they wanted to do was tell me they have a signed contract and if they don’t load 749cft of my goods and I send them away I lose the $2596 deposit. And to top it off they were rude and hung up on me. A second manager called with a slightly better (fake) demeanor but told me the same rehearsed lines.

The fact that there was nothing unique about my experience and they had well rehearsed lines tells me all I (and you) need to know. This is their standard business practice. If there are so many issues like this why haven’t they tried to ensure up front everything is covered so we don’t get into this position? Because it’s their business model. I can’t imagine how they’d handle my goods not arriving on the promised (I’m sure they’d hide behind another word here) dates. I will eat the deposit before I trust them with my goods. I highly discourage you from using this company. And I NEVER write reviews. They are that bad!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

A company with No accountability no Ethics. They are only to trap a customers for other moving companies with no reputations. Please beware before you pay them. Once you pay them you are stuck. They estimated my delivery within “1 to 7 business” days for ~275 miles. After 3 weeks I have not update from “Empire moving Group” and actual mover company “SANNAH VAN LINES INC”. Technically they are just some sales guys with no ethics.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Had a good experience with Empire Moving Group. They made it to the apartment right on time, I was running a bit behind so they did what they could until I got there and made me feel comfortable with the entire thing. I think they did a fantastic job of moving and everything arrived unharmed! I would recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I contracted with Empire Moving Group to find me a reputable mover to move from WA to NC. They instead gave my job to a company with an F rating by the BBB, a company that has insurance cancellations easily found online, no actual website or web presence, and a single truck and driver out of Phoenix AZ. Now after a horrendous move the company Empire gave my job to won't pay the loss/damage settlement and Empire's response? "Not our job, you should have checked them out before you moved". Well, that's hard to do when they didn't tell me the name of the company until AFTER the move when I had to contact them to find out who I file my loss/damage claim with!

When I contacted Empire they now say they no longer have any dealings with that company - too late. They FINALLY did some research and discovered these movers were scammers. But of course Empire refuses to take any responsibility nor are they willing to pick up even part of the loss/damage claim that the company THEY sent my way won't pay. Bottom line is these people do NOT verify who they are sticking on you to do your move. They just hand it over to whoever bids the lowest KNOWING that when the movers arrive and you are in a bind to go that the movers will double the price or more. Yep, and Empire, when you call them about it, will lecture you on how it is YOUR fault that the so-called binding estimate was completely wrong. STAY AWAY from these people. They are only out to get their upfront money and after that they want nothing to do with you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Thank you so much Empire Moving Group! They came in, got everything loaded up and got on their way asap. Nothing took as long as I thought it would. I was expecting this whole process to take weeks and weeks and they did it all in one day! Really happy with this service

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Empire Moving Group gave me excellent service and I am very pleased with how everything shook out all said and done. They were fast on arrival and actually showed up in the time window they gave me. I'm really happy overall with the move and how it went and I would definitely recommend you to check them out!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

No need to keep looking you found the best right here! They made a simple move outta NYC over to Wappingers Falls as simple as it could've possibly been. It was a tough move because of where my apartment was but they made it all happen. They are a really good group of movers and I recommend them to each and every person because the service they provide is unrivaled.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

They get 5 star, move good, the call center did good job of getting everything handled and set up and made short work of big move. Long distance, for them? No problem, they were great and amazing. We go from Florida to North Carolina. Everything well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

They did a GREAT JOB with me and my family's move. We had a big old house and not a lot of backs for heavy lifting. (A joke) They came in and got everything packed in the truck in no time flat. The estimated arrival time seemed to make sense and fell right in the window of what we needed. They did great.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Empire Moving group gave me an estimate and they brokered the move to carrier “Carefree Movers Inc” from IA. The number of items and volume is exactly the same as what I provided and confirmed with Empire’s Quality assurance team. When the carrier came to pick up he confirmed the inventory to match the estimate but added additional 144 cu ft. When I asked for the reason for what caused the increase they didn’t provide me.

I reached out to Empire and their customer service was completely useless and just suggested I pay the amount if I want my items moved. I repeatedly asked to give me a reason of volume increase and the lady from Empire said “I don’t know, I am not at your location” appalling! She made no effort in understanding from carrier which item’s volume increased but had the attitude of “we already provided you the carrier so our work is done”.

So I was cornered to sign the new estimate and only then did Carefree Movers provide me the details and they added extra 60cu ft per couch when in reality the couch itself as per manufacturers spec its 50cu ft. So they scammed me and said I already signed the contract! I called Empire moving group and the lady again was hesitant to even understand my situation. Not sure why they call themselves customer service when they don’t care about the customer. Worst customer service and I would never recommend them, not even to the worst of my enemies.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

They did a good job, had to move across Texas and we hit some snags in trying to do it ourselves. Empire Moving Group made this whole process so much easier and simpler than I ever imagined they could. Things went very well and I had a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Good team here, they did an excellent job. My move wasn't necessarily BIG but it was LONG. They were pretty good with handling the length of it and made everything feel super comfortable and the best part is how affordable they were compared to other providers.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Empire Moving Group did a really good job handling all of my needs and ensuring that this process went as smoothly as possible. They were pretty fast with the move itself and that was the biggest part of my stress with all of the heavy objects we had in our home. They deserve 5 stars.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Really good team here and Im glad they were recommended so heavily by multiple family and friends. If you're doing a long distance move and want to make sure your things are protected and cared for during transit then don't pass up Empire Moving Group!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Empire Moving Group offered me the lowest price and the highest quality of service. I've used other companies in the past only to find that items have been damaged, broken, stolen, etc. Luckily I found a capable group like this to handle my needs because everything arrived in tip top shape!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Empire Moving group and associates did a fantastic job. I had a two floor office with LOADS of cubicles, desks, computers, monitors, the whole 9. They did a good job of making sure everything was packed delicately and securely so that nothing broke and they did a straight trip to avoid any "misplaced" objects. They did a good job.

Empire Moving Group Company Information