3.7/5 (139 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Top Empire Moving Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets...

Verified

All moving professionals were well mannered, expert and worked rapidly. I've used many moving companies during my seven years here in NJ and some time I have done with the help of...

How does Empire Moving Group work?

When you request a quote from Empire Moving Group, a customer service representative takes your information and negotiates with moving companies to find a low price. Empire Moving Group screens the movers it works with to guarantee your move is risk free and efficient.

Empire Moving Group also works with you to plan your move. You can decide if you need box-packing services or furniture disassembly/assembly and include that in your plan with the company. It can also provide bubble wrap and boxes if you are packing yourself.

Empire Moving Group recommends scheduling your move as far in advance as possible to get lower rates. The company does accommodate last-minute customers or changes, but expect a higher price. Customer service is available 24/7, and a rep works with you during every stage of your move to make sure it goes as planned. You can reach the company by phone or email.

Empire Moving Group costs

Pricing for Empire Moving Group varies based on the size of your home and distance of the move. Additional services, such as packing boxes and furniture disassembly or assembly, add to the cost. Empire Moving Group works with you to anticipate your moving needs, and the company provides a detailed quote that includes all services. Booking with plenty of time in advance could save you money; last-minute reservations or changes typically cost more.

Empire Moving Group FAQ

Where is Empire Moving Group available?
    Empire Moving Group is based in Florida and is available throughout the U.S.
    Does Empire Moving Group do long-distance moves?
    Empire Moving Group offers long-distance and interstate moves.
    Does Empire Moving Group offer packing services?
    Empire Moving Group offers packing services and sells bubble wrap and boxes. You can also request furniture disassembly and/or assembly.
    Is Empire Moving Group safe?
    Empire Moving Group is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can check the company’s DOT number and record on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administraton’s website.

Is Empire Moving Group worth it?

Empire Moving Group saves customers time by researching and comparing quotes from moving companies and booking moving services. If you are relocating your family or business, Empire Moving Group takes care of handling the details. The company focuses on finding the best price for the job. Since Empire Moving Group is a broker, you might not be able to communicate directly with the movers that are handling your job, but part of Empire Moving Group’s service is to communicate closely with you to plan every aspect of your move.

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

They did a really good job and I am so happy I hired them. I moved out from home a few years back and this was my first time needing to hire a company so it was super cool they walked me through the whole process and stayed in contact every step of the way. I thought the experience would be way more nerve wracking but these guys were super nice the whole way through and made me feel secure in my decision to trust them. Wonderful team here!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Empire did a wonderful job with my move, really. I have no complaints and everything was straight forward and simple with this team of pros. They came along and picked up three bedrooms worth of belongings and made sure everything was fastened in a way that it wouldn't come loose or become damage during transit. On the back end they did a fast job of getting everything into the new place and made sure they didn't forget anything by doing a triple check through the check and house to make sure I had all my things. They were great!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Awesome team that really knows how to handle business and they handled it extremely quickly. The gentleman on the phone gave me a direct quote and that quote never changed all the way through which I can appreciate. There was no funny business involved in the gathering moving and dropping off of all of my belongings. When they unloaded the truck at the destination they helped with some assembly which was very convenient for me. They did a wonderful job start to finish.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I can't give enough stars here. I typically never leave reviews but these guys really made me feel comfortable and welcomed. The gentleman on the phone double checked everything to make sure I had a truck coming that could fit all of my things and the drivers stayed in contact with me through the process so that I wasn't left hanging. It's always concerning to see your life drive off into the distance under the care of strangers but these guys really know how to alleviate any concerns you may have!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Empire Moving really helped eliminate the stress I was dealing with when preparing for my move. I got so many calls from different moving companies and the person I spoke with at Empire was the most kind at explaining the details of the move so I understood the process. They gave me a very reasonable price for the move and the movers were absolutely wonderful when they got to my home. My items were delivered quickly and I was overall very satisfied with my experience with them. Definitely recommend!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

They did a stellar job. I had a 5 bedroom house I was moving over to a new spot in Lake Mary Florida and Empire Moving Group is what made this whole ordeal possible for me. Other companies were too much or too long and these guys made it happen exactly how I needed it. 5 stars for them!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

5 stars and two thumbs up to this team of professional servicers and movers. The phone representatives were extremely helpful and nice and did a wonderful job of treating all of my needs. The movers were excellent as well and made sure that everything was done correctly.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I booked with this moving company, come to find out later they are not a moving company, they are a moving broker. I was told when initially booking they could move my items in 2-3 days from Illinois to Florida. Later, when trying to reschedule my moving date, come to find out they are only a broker, and they can only deliver in 2-14 days that they need to find a moving company to deliver my items. If I need my items in 2-3 days now I would need to pay an additional $2000 for expedited delivery.

I was completely misled when paying for my deposit, they were extremely friendly when booking and after when an issue arises they pass you along, or ask for you to hold and never pick back up. This moving broker company is so unprofessional do not book with them, make sure you book with a moving company that is actually going to pick up your items and drive straight to the destination, not pick up, drop off at warehouse, then re-pick up and deliver in 2-14 days. So unprofessional and unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Two words: BUYER BEWARE! We are a retired military family and have used numerous movers over the last 25 years and these guys are by far the WORST moving company we have ever used. They lied to us almost the entire time! They contract the work out so that they have NO accountability for their actions. Let me tell you our story: It started with Kyle trying to figure out how many cubic feet we would need. He quoted us very low, which I knew was not correct because I had a couple other companies give us quotes using pictures of our for sale listing of the house. They do this so that the price initially seems low, but then on drop off they can say, "No, you had more cubic feet so now you owe us more." Luckily, I had him raise the cubic feet so we didn’t get screwed on the end.

Next, came the pick up fiasco. We had a two day window, which is fine, but makes it hard to schedule cleaners and such. They couldn’t come the first day as they originally said, but said they would be there on the second day at 8:00am. That was fine, the cleaners were coming at noon so we thought it would work out. We hear nothing in the morning and I call at 8:00am asking where they are. Oh, they won’t be there until 12:00pm. So luckily the cleaners were flexible and could come right away and clean the house. But, we had to move all of the furniture and boxes into the garage so that they could clean. We were paying them to move our stuff and we ended up having to move it all into the garage. Very frustrating! Next thing you know, no movers at 12:00. So, WE have to call. "Oh, they will be there at 2:00," and then "oh, they will be there at 4:00," and then for sure 5:00 at the latest.

Just excuse after excuse as to why the time kept changing…lies! They finally showed up around 6:00 with one guy! One! It was freezing and the guy was wrapping and loading from the garage. He had no gloves so he had to take many breaks to warm up. It took forever! Now for the worst part, the drop-off. We requested drop off and were told that it would be there next week. We were so excited! The dispatch lady didn’t even ask for our drop off address, lol, so we knew they were lying. Next thing you know the day before they were supposed to drop off they said oh sorry it won’t be there until next week. This literally went on for 6 weeks! SIX WEEKS it took to get our stuff! Six weeks of being told it would be there on Monday, then oh no, it will be there on Wednesday, and then oh no, it will be there on Saturday.

Six weeks of scheduling time with work to be there when they said they would. Six weeks of not being able to travel for work when it was required, six weeks of sleeping on an air mattress. Six weeks of eating out. Six weeks of them saying it was at this location or that location. And then the next conversation it would change, oh, no, it was at this location. Six weeks of being lied to! Six weeks of stress. I was getting frustrated with the dispatch lady and reached out to Kyle. Because Kyle told me he would be there for us through the whole thing. He had no idea what was initially going on and made no moves whatsoever to find out.

At week four I was very upset when speaking with the dispatch lady because it was obvious, she was lying to us. She very rudely told me they legally had one month to get us our stuff. I just had to laugh because we were at week five. I wanted to threaten legal action with her at that time, but honestly was afraid she would delay our stuff longer. So, I called Kyle to see if he could help, maybe just find out what was really going on, or where they really were because it was very obvious, we were getting the run around. He said, "Yep, we legally have one month to get your stuff to you." I said, it’s been 5 weeks! Do you know the response I got? Silence. Absolute silence! What could he say? So, I said maybe it’s time to get a lawyer because they were so kind in telling me the laws.

Next thing you know, our stuff is delivered the next week. Oh, and customer service is a joke! Very rude and NOT helpful. Most of the time they never even called back. Do NOT hire this company. Because they contract this stuff out, they have no idea what’s going on and take no responsibility for any of it. Stay far away. Don’t say you haven’t been warned!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Big move for the business I had near Detroit, to Chicago. They had made everything very simple and easy for me and I just did not trust my people to move things safely or carefully. They did a fantastic job and made sure nothing would be broken upon arrival.

Empire Moving Group Company Information