2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

BOTTOM LINE

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

PROS

• Specializes in finding lowest price
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Personalized moving service

CONS

• Pricing not available on website
  • Contract terms differ by mover

Top Empire Moving Group Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets and tape very efficiently. I've been through multiple moves in past 10 years and this was the… most affordable.

All moving professionals were well mannered, expert and worked rapidly. I've used many moving companies during my seven years here in NJ and some time I have done with the help of my friends. I'd recommend Empire Moving Group to all my friends who wants a moving service at best price!

Empire Moving Group Get a Quote

How does Empire Moving Group work?

When you request a quote from Empire Moving Group, a customer service representative takes your information and negotiates with moving companies to find a low price. Empire Moving Group screens the movers it works with to guarantee your move is risk free and efficient.

Empire Moving Group also works with you to plan your move. You can decide if you need box-packing services or furniture disassembly/assembly and include that in your plan with the company. It can also provide bubble wrap and boxes if you are packing yourself.

Empire Moving Group recommends scheduling your move as far in advance as possible to get lower rates. The company does accommodate last-minute customers or changes, but expect a higher price. Customer service is available 24/7, and a rep works with you during every stage of your move to make sure it goes as planned. You can reach the company by phone or email.

Empire Moving Group costs

Pricing for Empire Moving Group varies based on the size of your home and distance of the move. Additional services, such as packing boxes and furniture disassembly or assembly, add to the cost. Empire Moving Group works with you to anticipate your moving needs, and the company provides a detailed quote that includes all services. Booking with plenty of time in advance could save you money; last-minute reservations or changes typically cost more.

Empire Moving Group FAQ

Where is Empire Moving Group available?
Empire Moving Group is based in Florida and is available throughout the U.S.
Does Empire Moving Group do long-distance moves?
Empire Moving Group offers long-distance and interstate moves.
Does Empire Moving Group offer packing services?
Empire Moving Group offers packing services and sells bubble wrap and boxes. You can also request furniture disassembly and/or assembly.
Is Empire Moving Group safe?
Empire Moving Group is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can check the company’s DOT number and record on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administraton’s website.

Is Empire Moving Group worth it?

Empire Moving Group saves customers time by researching and comparing quotes from moving companies and booking moving services. If you are relocating your family or business, Empire Moving Group takes care of handling the details. The company focuses on finding the best price for the job. Since Empire Moving Group is a broker, you might not be able to communicate directly with the movers that are handling your job, but part of Empire Moving Group’s service is to communicate closely with you to plan every aspect of your move.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I feel compelled to leave this review. I’ve been swindled by so many companies in the past and I felt the need to let everyone know how amazing this last move was. Empire is by far the best company that has relocated me and my family. Super sweet, super professional. They treated me like a human being and was upfront and honest with me from the start! I sent photos of furniture and they went over every piece of furniture including boxes with me. They were patient and the process was so easy. I recommend contacting them if you’re looking for a moving service! Thank you Empire.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your positive feed back!!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

To start off this has been a very stressful experience from first finding out I was going to have to move my mother into a home across the country. I wanted to make sure she was in good hands. I finally narrowed it down between three companies and choose Empire. I felt as if they were straight forward with me about everything. And their price was actually about $400 more than the other two options. Some of the reviews I read for all companies did scare.

Long story short, I felt like I was taken care of with empire. They did everything I could have asked for and packed all of my mother's belongings up for her because she is disabled. They even stored her items for two months because there was a miscommunication with the place she was moving to. If I could complain there was a charge for a third flight of stairs at her house and they did not fully unpack three boxes. But overall I did have a great experience and my mother was pleased.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your honesty and we will make the proper adjustments within our company to make sure that all boxes are unpacked in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I really enjoyed my experience all around with Empire Moving Group, from the first calll in till My items were delivered I was very happy. If I could change one thing was that, I did not quite realize how expensive moving was and I had already put a deposit down at another company that never showed up to pick up my items. But empire came the next day to get me picked up. So for the future, use empire first no need to try another company. These guys are the best!

Empire Moving Group response

Thank You for your positive Review! Empire Moving Group prides ourselves on customer service and we are thrilled to hear you had a successful, stress-free relocation!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I recently moved from New York to Florida. I was so scared it would be a horrible experience from all the horror stories you read abut online but I was lucky enough to be recommenced to Empire Moving Group and I must say from the pick up to the delivery I felt very taken care of by the team. There was a hiccup in regards to some packing services and what is called a "long carry" that the foreman told me I needed at the delivery but Empire moving Group offered to cover some of the cost for me in order to make me feel satisfied.

I am giving four stars instead of 5 because of the unexpected charge but I did read though my contract and noticed it clearly written and explained about any additional services. I recommend reading the full contract (which isn't even that long, that I was grateful for) just so you understand the full process to moving. Other than that I definitely recommend this company as they were very polite and helped someone like me who is not well versed in the moving industry understand. Thank you to Brittany, Ryan and Danille for all that you did for me! Great job guys!!

Empire Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate as much of your stress as possible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Empire Moving Group recently just moved me and my fiance to West Palm Beach, FL From Washington, DC. This was my first long distance move and me and my fiance both had a bunch of anxiety leading up to the carrier showing up and packing our life in the back of there truck. This is where Empire Moving Group's customer service step in and reassured us both that they would be there each step of the way, which in fact they did all the way. They made the long move as hassle free as I could have possibly asked for, and for that I will recommend them to family and friends.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Empire Moving Group did an outstanding job wrapping my furniture and delivering it to my new apartment within the time and budgeted amount. A+++ moving service at reasonable price. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I've utilized Empire Moving Group many times in past 3 years and they are the best moving team I have ever used! When I move my worldly goods from FL to AZ, I like to make sure they are handled properly and with great care... These guys are the best in town!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Empire Moving Group made a lot of promises to get our business. As the title states, they quit helping as soon as they got their money. They promised to be our advocate with the moving company that they subcontracted our move out to. It has been a month since the subcontractor picked up our furniture and the subcontractor was completely no contact for over three weeks. Empire has been telling us that our furniture should be loaded on a truck and headed our way for two weeks. They have told us that there is nothing they can do to find out any more information or to help us get our furniture. For a month now, I have been sleeping on an air mattress, eating at the kitchen counter, and doing homework while sitting on a cooler. Moving across the country is difficult. It is even more difficult when you are living out of suitcases. Empire Moving Group sold us a service that they cannot guarantee and are unwilling to help with.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Communication was good, very friendly people. Movers were hard workers and efficient. Seem to be careful with all boxes and furniture. It took 3 1/2 hours to load and 3 hours to unload and we had a lot of stuff.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Once again we used Empire Moving for our move from Boca Raton, FL to Rosharon, TX. Highly professional and efficacious. Deconstruct and assemble all my furniture including exercises apparatus. They moved us at a very good speed unlike other moving companies who extend the time to add more hrs. to the clock. Highly recommended.

Empire Moving Group Company Information