2. Movers

4.1/5 (70 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Top Empire Moving Group Reviews

Verified

The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets...

Verified

All moving professionals were well mannered, expert and worked rapidly. I've used many moving companies during my seven years here in NJ and some time I have done with the help of...

How does Empire Moving Group work?

When you request a quote from Empire Moving Group, a customer service representative takes your information and negotiates with moving companies to find a low price. Empire Moving Group screens the movers it works with to guarantee your move is risk free and efficient.

Empire Moving Group also works with you to plan your move. You can decide if you need box-packing services or furniture disassembly/assembly and include that in your plan with the company. It can also provide bubble wrap and boxes if you are packing yourself.

Empire Moving Group recommends scheduling your move as far in advance as possible to get lower rates. The company does accommodate last-minute customers or changes, but expect a higher price. Customer service is available 24/7, and a rep works with you during every stage of your move to make sure it goes as planned. You can reach the company by phone or email.

Empire Moving Group costs

Pricing for Empire Moving Group varies based on the size of your home and distance of the move. Additional services, such as packing boxes and furniture disassembly or assembly, add to the cost. Empire Moving Group works with you to anticipate your moving needs, and the company provides a detailed quote that includes all services. Booking with plenty of time in advance could save you money; last-minute reservations or changes typically cost more.

Empire Moving Group FAQ

Where is Empire Moving Group available?
    Empire Moving Group is based in Florida and is available throughout the U.S.
    Does Empire Moving Group do long-distance moves?
    Empire Moving Group offers long-distance and interstate moves.
    Does Empire Moving Group offer packing services?
    Empire Moving Group offers packing services and sells bubble wrap and boxes. You can also request furniture disassembly and/or assembly.
    Is Empire Moving Group safe?
    Empire Moving Group is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can check the company’s DOT number and record on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administraton’s website.

Is Empire Moving Group worth it?

Empire Moving Group saves customers time by researching and comparing quotes from moving companies and booking moving services. If you are relocating your family or business, Empire Moving Group takes care of handling the details. The company focuses on finding the best price for the job. Since Empire Moving Group is a broker, you might not be able to communicate directly with the movers that are handling your job, but part of Empire Moving Group’s service is to communicate closely with you to plan every aspect of your move.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The movers from EMG were on time, polite, diligent & professional. These movers were fast and wrapped all my belongings very accurately. They also made sure we saw any fracture or nicks in our furniture before they wrapped it- damage done from a previous move. They even fixed a leg in a side table that they discovered had been broken and glued by the previous movers. The price is UNBEATABLE - I can't believe we got such GOOD QUALITY for such a cheap price!!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

This moving group did a wonderful moving job to relocate us from FL to NJ. I chose Empire Moving on the bases of their reasonable rate, and their facility to schedule us as one of their 1st move on Monday. These guys did a good job moving us to our new apartment in NJ. They were careful NOT TO SCRATCH the new hard wood floors at our new place. I would definitely call them again if we move again in future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

This was my 1st time in my life using a moving company to move us from FL to AZ and it was the best option I've made! The team at Empire Moving helped me move a few days ago and I am so IMPRESSED WITH THEIR SERVICE. They were amazingly professional, helpful, and specialist at what job they do. All my things were relocated safely, professionally, and with a great care. I also appreciated their way of communication during the process! I would highly recommend this excellent service. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I called Empire Moving and they create a move from FL to NJ so easy for us. They got me in the very next day. They gave me a four hrs minimum which is absolutely how long it took the complete move. The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets and tape very efficiently. I've been through multiple moves in past 10 years and this was the effortless and most affordable.

Original review: June 3, 2020

They went that extra mile to exceed my expectations. My representative was very attentive to my needs and helpful. I got the quote in no time and the guy did not bother me with too many questions. Their expertise was evident, very skillful guys. My dining table got scratched by accident but their insurance was incredibly fast and got it repaired in just a few days. It’s nice to find such a professional and reliable company and I would move with them again without hesitation.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Moved from NJ to MT.... Actually had to make this transition. 3 bedroom, had to relocate for work. very last minute. Counted my blessings that I was still working given everything that was going on. They took a great deal of stress off of my plate, having to deal with the drastic environment change in locations. Overall process was appreciated!

Original review: March 31, 2021

I had recently searched a bunch of companies in the Southern Florida area. I came across many companies but Empire was the only one listed on multiple different sites. I hired them and had such a great experience! I am now in my new home and couldn’t be happier with my decision. Very polite and professional! Cody was charming and polite and Brittanie was the best with answering all my delivery questions. Very knowledgeable! Thank you Empire!

Original review: March 22, 2021

Starting quote was 1500 signed then went up to 2100. Day of went up again for 3000!! After they said we would get our stuff in 3-5 days it's been 2 months still don't have it stuff!! Customer service is terrible continue to lie and tell us next week for 8 weeks. Go with U Pack I wish I did.....

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I wanted to share an experience we had with relying on the Empire Moving Group to move our five-bedroom 3.5 bath home from Clarksville, TN to the Orlando, FL area. The Empire Moving Group should adopt a tagline that reads, “At Empire, we make commitments and take your money only to find someone else who will do it for much less – and we have nothing to do with how it turns out!”

Since there is so much, I want to express and it is very unlikely anyone would read this entire missive, allow me to highlight the experience in a summary.
      • It would appear that Saturdays are intentionally chosen to show up since the customer has ZERO recourse or anyone to call anywhere but leave messages with an answering service.
      • The BINDING estimate we contracted from went from just over $10,000 to well over $16,300 by the time the move was complete.
      • Despite estimates for a 5-bedroom house with well over 3,500 cu ft., a 2,000 cubic foot box truck arrived at the address and quickly determined they didn’t have a big enough truck.
      • Despite contracting for the packing on the 28th and loading on the 29th, the mover arrived on the 29th AT 4 P.M. with only 3 people and two were very young and inexperienced.
      • Packing and loading went on all the way up to 6:30 p.m. on the 31st – two days well beyond our contracted dates – and our goods had to be moved to a local storage place to make room to pack the box truck again. This caused us to be charged extra prorated rent days and delay charges to make the house ready for new tenants.
      • Ironically, the price kept going up to tell me we had closer to 5,000 cubic feet…but they moved everything in two runs with a 2,000-cu. ft. box truck.
      • Custom hand-blown glass sculptures were thrown in a box with a crock pot – Porcelain statues were packed in a box with an electric clothing iron. Numerous broken items.
      • Motorcycle had the windscreen broken off, signal lights snapped off, and highway lights broken.
      • A long laundry list of things is gone/missing that we know/watched went on the truck before the move.
      • There was absolutely NO CARE taken to protect the real wood floors in the house that they used to stage packing and thus scratches as the packers slid things around. Dresser and armoire were not packed- simply plastic wrapped with everything in them and then rolled out to the truck.
      • No markings or labeling done on any boxes.
      • Overuse of wardrobe boxes to overload them to where bottoms of boxes began to pop open. Clothes from closets were dropped into the wardrobe boxes and then additional clothes made to appear to be hanging on the cross-bar when they were crumpled and shoved into an already full box.
      • The packer/movers were always at least two hours later than promised and we had to sit around well into late evenings since they were not prepared for the amount of work involved.

• The insurance premium you pay for is NOT a premium to a 3rd party insurer but a premium to the carrier who unilaterally decides whether to honor any claims. Our losses and damages exceeded $ 4000 and they offered $50 if we signed a compete release!

Empire Moving Group. Whenever I spoke with anyone at Empire, I got off the phone with the same feeling one gets when dealing with timeshare sales people. When I protested about the change in what we contracted for packing and loading, glibly I was told that the driver knew and “was coming with extra crew.” Truth was, the driver had no idea it was a 5-bedroom, two story houses!

Every call I got from Empire was to inform me that the costs were going up and it was because “I” gave them bad information. Just as SCAM and REVIEW sites proclaim, Empire demands deposits and cash advance payments. I had to provide a check the day I selected Empire. Then, when QA called, I had to pay more and agree to a larger contract price. As my movers were in the home having me sit around while they crammed everything, I had into a box truck, I was told I would owe thousands more! When I called to complain that we got a box truck, when it was clearly a tractor trailer move, I was told, matter of factly, that they knew this and they “use a central storage place in Atlanta to consolidate my goods.” This contradicted what my packer/mover had just told me about how he needed to get a storage place in Clarksville to empty the first load into.

The Empire Moving Group should be more upfront about their business model - We take your money and find anyone who will subcontract to the job for less and keep the margin. Even when I spoke to them about lost and broken items, a glib response was, “You take that up with the mover we used, Prime Relocation Services, we have nothing to do with that.” I could have held an open and blind auction on Craig’s List and gotten better service.

(By the way, when Prime Relocation Services arrived to unload at our new location, since the driver HAD NO CREW with him, he POSTED ON CRAIGSLIST OUR ADDRESS AND OFFERED $60 TO ANYONE WHO WOULD SHOW UP TO HELP EMPTY THE TRUCK! Complete strangers pulled up in front of our home to unload our belongings. Some came and went, some refused to carry things upstairs, and we can’t be certain who and how many people were in and out of our new home! Those workers who came from craigslist were not even informed the home they were working on was going to be a two-story house.)

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Highly professional and easy to book! They took care of all of our furniture and goods and we had NO ISSUE with anything breaking. Took the standard amount of time and prices were reasonable compared to other moving companies. I would use them again for sure!

Empire Moving Group Company Information