Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Empire Moving Group provides an affordable moving experience for both individuals and businesses in need of exceptional relocation services. Their thorough pre-screening process ensures your experience is stress-free for all long-distance, commercial, auto-transport, and corporate moves. Reach out today for your own competitive quote!

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I really enjoyed my experience all around with Empire Moving Group, from the first calll in till My items were delivered I was very happy. If I could change one thing was that, I did not quite realize how expensive moving was and I had already put a deposit down at another company that never showed up to pick up my items. But empire came the next day to get me picked up. So for the future, use empire first no need to try another company. These guys are the best!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I recently moved from New York to Florida. I was so scared it would be a horrible experience from all the horror stories you read abut online but I was lucky enough to be recommenced to Empire Moving Group and I must say from the pick up to the delivery I felt very taken care of by the team. There was a hiccup in regards to some packing services and what is called a "long carry" that the foreman told me I needed at the delivery but Empire moving Group offered to cover some of the cost for me in order to make me feel satisfied.

I am giving four stars instead of 5 because of the unexpected charge but I did read though my contract and noticed it clearly written and explained about any additional services. I recommend reading the full contract (which isn't even that long, that I was grateful for) just so you understand the full process to moving. Other than that I definitely recommend this company as they were very polite and helped someone like me who is not well versed in the moving industry understand. Thank you to Brittany, Ryan and Danille for all that you did for me! Great job guys!!

Empire Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate as much of your stress as possible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Empire Moving Group recently just moved me and my fiance to West Palm Beach, FL From Washington, DC. This was my first long distance move and me and my fiance both had a bunch of anxiety leading up to the carrier showing up and packing our life in the back of there truck. This is where Empire Moving Group's customer service step in and reassured us both that they would be there each step of the way, which in fact they did all the way. They made the long move as hassle free as I could have possibly asked for, and for that I will recommend them to family and friends.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

These guys were seriously therefore nice. Moved from a walk up to a different walk up and that they were ready to get everything done in less than 2 hours. And so they even place along my bed on behalf of me. So grateful for these guys. On prime of the opposite stresses of entering into my new place they were therefore nice and that they were respectful of all my stuff. Very straightforward to speak with and prepare everything before moving day. Recommended.

Hello,

Thank you for the positive Review! We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate anymore pressure during your relocation.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Super impressed from my first email. Incredibly professional, easy online portal to list what you move, quoted a fantastic FLAT RATE, sent reminders, delivered boxes to me a week before, on time, wrapped everything completely, movers were polite, patient, strong and navigated a crazy long couch, and were an absolute pleasure to work with on a hot weekend. I would recommend 1000%!!

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always glad to hear when our customers are satisfied and go out of their way for clients to ensure they are satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I moved from a studio into a one bedchamber second story building (I truly told them it absolutely was on the primary floor by chance, and that they did not even care). The service was nice and that they moved Maine in ninety minutes flat (door to door!). I extremely suggest them and am really coming up with on using them once more later this month!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

So this can be the second time I've used Empire moving group and that I could not be HAPPIER! They do such an EXCELLENT JOB, super fast, economical & friendly. They even facilitate reassembling a chair in my lodging, they did not even move in. Plus they helped get a awfully wide couch through a awfully slim door and set it up on behalf of me. They are straight up the simplest movers!!

Empire Moving Group response

Servicing your move was truly our pleasure!! Thank you for your kind words about our company!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I had a great experience with Empire moving group. I had shopped around for a while to find the right company and was very happy with the service that I received. If I could complain about one thing was that it took them a little longer than expected for delivery. I didn’t have my belongings for an extra three days than what I had imagined. But other than that everything went smoothly.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Despite sending pictures of every room, a box count which was updated twice and the detailed results of a site visit Empire’s estimate was off by a whopping 40% meaning when the movers arrived I was charged an extra $4000.00. Empire is a broker based, like many brokers in Florida, who makes the estimate and then contracts out the actual move. Once Empire collects their fee you are turned over to the mover who makes their own estimate and really could care less about Empire’s estimate and you are stuck as you have already paid a sizable fee to the broker. My advice is to avoid the brokers and find a company which does the actual move. This is harder than it sounds but with a little digging can be accomplished. Also deal only with a company which does a site estimate. And avoid Empire Moving LLC.

Empire Moving Group response

Empire Moving Group is disturbed to hear that Mr. Stegall's price increased. Mr. Stegall contacted Empire Moving Group after having an IN-HOME estimate done by Mayflower Moving Company. Mayflower is one of the biggest moving companies in the industry. The in-home estimator from Mayflower quoted Mr. Stegall 942 cubic feet and 6,359 pounds for 186 items. Empire Moving Group quoted Mr. Stegall 1,154 cubic feet and 8,078 pounds for 152 items. The representative from Empire Moving Group purposely overestimated Mr. Stegall's estimate to ensure his price would not increase at pick-up. The only way that Mr. Stegall Moving cost could have possibly increase, is if he failed to inform us of additional items or services that his move would require. At the time of pick-up, our foreman sent Empire Moving Groups' dispatcher picture and videos of all the items that Mr. Stegall wanted to move. It was clear that Mr. Stegall had more items then stated when booking his move.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I did my due diligence and found Empire to be the least expensive for my move from Rhode Island to Florida. They quoted me $2,200. When the Budget rental truck showed up, it was with another company. The driver walked in my house, looked around and said it would be $4,400. Take it or leave it. I had to pony up half for them to begin work. I immediately called Empire to find out the issue, and what do you know, they don't pick up their phones on your moving day. Caller ID, I suspect. They are just brokers!! Total scam! Nice work Dan, Suzy, and Jason!! How do you people sleep at night??

Empire Moving Group response

Empire Moving Group is so sorry to hear that your move did not go as expected. Based on the information provided by Mr. Reynolds, Empire Moving Group reserved 480 cubic feet on the truck. When the foreman arrived at Mr. Reynolds's pick-up location. The foreman noticed more items and a few bulky items. Unfortunately, these additional items came to a combined total of 900 cubic feet. Almost double the original cubic footage reservation. Having an accurate inventory list is imperative to have an accurate moving price.

Empire Moving Group Company Information