2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

BOTTOM LINE

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

PROS

• Specializes in finding lowest price
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Personalized moving service

CONS

• Pricing not available on website
  • Contract terms differ by mover

Top Empire Moving Group Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets and tape very efficiently. I've been through multiple moves in past 10 years and this was the… most affordable.

All moving professionals were well mannered, expert and worked rapidly. I've used many moving companies during my seven years here in NJ and some time I have done with the help of my friends. I'd recommend Empire Moving Group to all my friends who wants a moving service at best price!

Empire Moving Group Get a Quote

How does Empire Moving Group work?

When you request a quote from Empire Moving Group, a customer service representative takes your information and negotiates with moving companies to find a low price. Empire Moving Group screens the movers it works with to guarantee your move is risk free and efficient.

Empire Moving Group also works with you to plan your move. You can decide if you need box-packing services or furniture disassembly/assembly and include that in your plan with the company. It can also provide bubble wrap and boxes if you are packing yourself.

Empire Moving Group recommends scheduling your move as far in advance as possible to get lower rates. The company does accommodate last-minute customers or changes, but expect a higher price. Customer service is available 24/7, and a rep works with you during every stage of your move to make sure it goes as planned. You can reach the company by phone or email.

Empire Moving Group costs

Pricing for Empire Moving Group varies based on the size of your home and distance of the move. Additional services, such as packing boxes and furniture disassembly or assembly, add to the cost. Empire Moving Group works with you to anticipate your moving needs, and the company provides a detailed quote that includes all services. Booking with plenty of time in advance could save you money; last-minute reservations or changes typically cost more.

Empire Moving Group FAQ

Where is Empire Moving Group available?
Empire Moving Group is based in Florida and is available throughout the U.S.
Does Empire Moving Group do long-distance moves?
Empire Moving Group offers long-distance and interstate moves.
Does Empire Moving Group offer packing services?
Empire Moving Group offers packing services and sells bubble wrap and boxes. You can also request furniture disassembly and/or assembly.
Is Empire Moving Group safe?
Empire Moving Group is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can check the company’s DOT number and record on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administraton’s website.

Is Empire Moving Group worth it?

Empire Moving Group saves customers time by researching and comparing quotes from moving companies and booking moving services. If you are relocating your family or business, Empire Moving Group takes care of handling the details. The company focuses on finding the best price for the job. Since Empire Moving Group is a broker, you might not be able to communicate directly with the movers that are handling your job, but part of Empire Moving Group’s service is to communicate closely with you to plan every aspect of your move.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

This was my 1st time in my life using a moving company to move us from FL to AZ and it was the best option I've made! The team at Empire Moving helped me move a few days ago and I am so IMPRESSED WITH THEIR SERVICE. They were amazingly professional, helpful, and specialist at what job they do. All my things were relocated safely, professionally, and with a great care. I also appreciated their way of communication during the process! I would highly recommend this excellent service. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I called Empire Moving and they create a move from FL to NJ so easy for us. They got me in the very next day. They gave me a four hrs minimum which is absolutely how long it took the complete move. The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets and tape very efficiently. I've been through multiple moves in past 10 years and this was the effortless and most affordable.

Original review: April 13, 2020

From start to finish the Empire Moving Group were there to guide me through the process. The shipment of goods arrived in excellent condition. But what really stood out was the service. The superb and quick customer service, which I want to highlight Jennifer **'s helpful and detailed information, and Jeff ** who also spent time explaining the entire process. He even showed that a competing moving company someone recommend to me had a list of violations.

Empire Moving Group response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy we could help!

Original review: April 4, 2020

Right after selecting Empire Moving Co, Daniel called me & clearly explained their process & fair pricing tiers. Patiently answered all my questions honestly. Good follow-up communication from him and Danielle. Next month if their packers are just as conscientious, we'll be getting a better deal than if using a more widely recognized name brand of mover.

Empire Moving Group response

Lois, we are happy to be able to help you during your moving process. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I had moved with Empire Moving Group, it was my first move of my life relocating with a new job. I was really happy with what they provided. At first was a little scared because some of the review I read but they did an excellent job. I did pay extra money for some TVs I needed packed and a mirror to be packed and wrapped because I just wanted to wrap them in a towel. I am happy I had them pack those items. Thank you Empire.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you Ms. Nadarajah for taking the time to leave us with your Feedback. We are happy we could help!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Highly professional and easy to book! They took care of all of our furniture and goods and we had NO ISSUE with anything breaking. Took the standard amount of time and prices were reasonable compared to other moving companies. I would use them again for sure!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

They save me from another relocation firm that didn't arrived and were able to squeeze me in the next day! The complete moving process was a breath of wind from start to moving and easy payment process. They continuously communicate me the whole day with status of arrival and they arrived on time. No unseen fees, quick move, and very friendly guys. Couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The movers from EMG were on time, polite, diligent & professional. These movers were fast and wrapped all my belongings very accurately. They also made sure we saw any fracture or nicks in our furniture before they wrapped it- damage done from a previous move. They even fixed a leg in a side table that they discovered had been broken and glued by the previous movers. The price is UNBEATABLE - I can't believe we got such GOOD QUALITY for such a cheap price!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I used them for my move to TX from PA. They were supposed to call me the day before my two pick up dates. No one called me. I had to call them three times the day before my 2nd move day to get a time that the movers were coming. When the movers came they told me I would have to pay extra for a large bench. I told them that when I contacted Empire I gave them the dimensions of my bench because I knew it was going to be an issue and wanted an accurate estimate. I called them and no one showed any sympathy and I was told no manager was in today (12/31/2020). What kind of company doesn’t have at least one manager available?

I told them their customers service was terrible and because they waited till last minute to give me my pick up time, which I had to initiate myself, and I now was forced to pay an extra $250 for my bench because I had to be out of my apartment that same day and did not have a place to keep it or anything to transport it with. The truck was 18ft and my bench was 11ft. I’m sure this is a rip off that all moving companies do to make as much money as possible bc the truck delivering my stuff is a semi according to the actual company that picked up my stuff. I had tried to make sure a head of time with Empire how much it would actually cost.

Empire is NOT a moving company, they are a broker and only care about making money. When I originally gave them my inventory I had a washer/dryer set and a 3 seat couch on my estimate. They put me in their “minimal move” category. I didn’t even use all the number of boxes they quoted me at and really doubt that I actually used all of my “250 cubic feet.” The movers told me that if I would have had my washer and dryer and couch it would have been an over $1000 above my estimate. That is one large inaccuracy to be off by on an estimate! I’m lucky I brought enough money with me to pay what I thought was going to be the rest of my bill. I am very unhappy and I expect there to be more issues when my stuff arrives.

If I had to do it over again I would have gotten a Uhaul and paid movers to load and unload my stuff and transported myself. Don’t get scammed by this company or others like it. Get a uhaul, or book directly with the actual moving company. If you’re going to run a broker business like this you should at least be knowledge about the policies and extra costs of the companies you work with. I asked them many questions along the way and was not given accurate information at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I was engaged by Empire Moving Group, and was given binding moving estimate of $2,133.30 on October 28th, 2020. During the "quality assurance" call, since I had dimensions of every item I ship, I offered this information to Empire. They declined and said their estimate is binding and they do not need this info. On November 12th they sent Map Express Logistics to my house in Santa Barbara, CA to pick up my shipment for delivery in New York City, NY. The worker told me that the Empire Moving Group binding estimate is a scam, they just collect your money, and my total for this move instead of $2,133.30 is now $4,910.00. It is December 28. I still do not have my shipment.

Empire Moving Group Company Information