2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Empire Moving Group provides an affordable moving experience for both individuals and businesses in need of exceptional relocation services. Their thorough pre-screening process ensures your experience is stress-free for all long-distance, commercial, auto-transport, and corporate moves. Reach out today for your own competitive quote!

Empire Moving Group Call Now Toll Free (305) 614-1106 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I feel compelled to leave this review. I’ve been swindled by so many companies in the past and I felt the need to let everyone know how amazing this last move was. Empire is by far the best company that has relocated me and my family. Super sweet, super professional. They treated me like a human being and was upfront and honest with me from the start! I sent photos of furniture and they went over every piece of furniture including boxes with me. They were patient and the process was so easy. I recommend contacting them if you’re looking for a moving service! Thank you Empire.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your positive feed back!!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

To start off this has been a very stressful experience from first finding out I was going to have to move my mother into a home across the country. I wanted to make sure she was in good hands. I finally narrowed it down between three companies and choose Empire. I felt as if they were straight forward with me about everything. And their price was actually about $400 more than the other two options. Some of the reviews I read for all companies did scare.

Long story short, I felt like I was taken care of with empire. They did everything I could have asked for and packed all of my mother's belongings up for her because she is disabled. They even stored her items for two months because there was a miscommunication with the place she was moving to. If I could complain there was a charge for a third flight of stairs at her house and they did not fully unpack three boxes. But overall I did have a great experience and my mother was pleased.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your honesty and we will make the proper adjustments within our company to make sure that all boxes are unpacked in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I really enjoyed my experience all around with Empire Moving Group, from the first calll in till My items were delivered I was very happy. If I could change one thing was that, I did not quite realize how expensive moving was and I had already put a deposit down at another company that never showed up to pick up my items. But empire came the next day to get me picked up. So for the future, use empire first no need to try another company. These guys are the best!

Empire Moving Group response

Thank You for your positive Review! Empire Moving Group prides ourselves on customer service and we are thrilled to hear you had a successful, stress-free relocation!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I recently moved from New York to Florida. I was so scared it would be a horrible experience from all the horror stories you read abut online but I was lucky enough to be recommenced to Empire Moving Group and I must say from the pick up to the delivery I felt very taken care of by the team. There was a hiccup in regards to some packing services and what is called a "long carry" that the foreman told me I needed at the delivery but Empire moving Group offered to cover some of the cost for me in order to make me feel satisfied.

I am giving four stars instead of 5 because of the unexpected charge but I did read though my contract and noticed it clearly written and explained about any additional services. I recommend reading the full contract (which isn't even that long, that I was grateful for) just so you understand the full process to moving. Other than that I definitely recommend this company as they were very polite and helped someone like me who is not well versed in the moving industry understand. Thank you to Brittany, Ryan and Danille for all that you did for me! Great job guys!!

Empire Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that moving is already beyond stressful and our goal is to eliminate as much of your stress as possible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Empire Moving Group recently just moved me and my fiance to West Palm Beach, FL From Washington, DC. This was my first long distance move and me and my fiance both had a bunch of anxiety leading up to the carrier showing up and packing our life in the back of there truck. This is where Empire Moving Group's customer service step in and reassured us both that they would be there each step of the way, which in fact they did all the way. They made the long move as hassle free as I could have possibly asked for, and for that I will recommend them to family and friends.

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure servicing your move!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 8, 2020

This company is responsible for the worst consumer experience of my life along with significant financial hardship and emotional distress. Due to COVID-19, we had to quickly move from NY to MN. We had planned to pack ourselves and use a different company. But when we got stuck in MN after signing for our house and could not return to NY due to travel restrictions (terrible timing), we called around to find a company to now pack and ship our items. I was told by Jeff R that if I used the company I already booked to ship, they would quote me one rate then increase that rate the day of the move. This scared me and Empire offered a discount due to COVID-19 so I went with Empire.

What Jeff said would happen elsewhere is exactly what Empire did to us. We were quoted a packing price of $571 for 914 CF. We were charged $5,644 for additional 836 CF of packing. We were also charged a binding charge of $2,612. The packing price alone went from $1,071 (minus COVID-19 discount) to $8,256. When I tried to question why this price increased for additional cubic feet, the movers in my home stopped packing our items and threatened to leave. We had asked someone to be there that day, we couldn't reschedule and were living out of a suitcase. We were held hostage at this price, we couldn't go back to NY to pack ourselves (or purge any items like AC units we no longer needed) to save money. Numerous boxes arrived with a single item inside and things like suitcases were sent empty, I figure to increase additional CF.

We couldn't live in MN without a lot of these things (we have a small child) and couldn't afford to buy all new. And we wanted photos and family heirlooms. They knew we were stuck with them and apparently took full advantage. At this time we had lost one income due to COVID-19 and now this was happening to us as well, the stress at this time was extreme and only worsened by this company and their customer service. This rate, which is clear price gouging increase during a pandemic was done by Empire.

They hired Express Moving Services from NJ for the actual service (we didn't clear this company nor we were informed of it prior to signing contract). About 20 items arrived broken beyond repair. Most of our "binded" furniture (kitchen table, side table, couch legs, infant crib) arrived with significant dents and scrapes. Two medium boxes never arrived at all (inventory list given was just 200 lines that noted large furniture or said "box" so we aren't sure what exactly never arrived). Each day we realize another kitchen items is gone but approx. 50 items never arrived. Empire takes no responsibility for lost or damaged items. We also lost part of security deposit due to damage of apartment hallway and garbage left in front yard by movers. They started to scrape hall in our new home as well until I asked them to just place things on lower level. Moving all items to the correct spot took some effort given about 5 boxes were actually labeled.

Empire takes no responsibility for damage of either home. In what was sent by Empire with original quote, disassembled furniture was to be reassembled in new home as part of their service. I had to reassemble couch, bed frame, bike rack, and infant crib. This was not done and Empire offered no refund for services not performed.

Empire moving increased our packing rate ten fold. Our items arrived broken and some never at all. Given loss of security deposit and need to rebuy numerous items we paid over 16-17 THOUSAND DOLLARS for a move that arrived 9 days later than quoted. If I could do it all over again, I would go back to NY and drive a truck back myself and risk COVID-19 infection-that is how bad this experience was for my family. Luckily I have my photos of my dead grandmother to look at to remind me of what is important in this life, oh wait they lost the majority of those photos too. Don't use this company. Don't take their good customer service prior to your move as proof of good customer service when there are issues with your move.

Empire Moving Group response

Ms. sterling, We apologize that you were dissatisfied with your moving experience. We do understand that because of Covid-19 you were unable to return to your home to pack your items prior to pick-up day. However, we can not supply a full packing service worth of packing material to customers for no cost. Our hearts go out to the families effected by Covid-19. Which is why Empire applied discounts to our customer during the pandemic. ($500 discount was applied to this move). If you need help filing a claim we can assist you with getting financial compensation for damage or lost items. Again we apologies that you are dissatisfied with your moving experience.

Original review: April 15, 2020

They were careful with our belongings and efficient. They were also very fast in picking up the stuff, which was nice because they had to be parked and out of there in an hour because of street cleaning. I absolutely recommend this company to anyone who is in need of an awesome honest moving company.

Original review: April 13, 2020

From start to finish the Empire Moving Group were there to guide me through the process. The shipment of goods arrived in excellent condition. But what really stood out was the service. The superb and quick customer service, which I want to highlight Jennifer **'s helpful and detailed information, and Jeff ** who also spent time explaining the entire process. He even showed that a competing moving company someone recommend to me had a list of violations.

Empire Moving Group response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy we could help!

Original review: April 6, 2020

I had to put this review and acknowledge the Empire Moving Group team. Mike and his crew were amazing. They moved everything out as fast as humanly possible, and then moved everything in. They were polite, and friendly. Impressive crew and company too!

Empire Moving Group response

Thank you Debbie for your kind words, we are happy that we could help during the process!

Original review: April 4, 2020

Right after selecting Empire Moving Co, Daniel called me & clearly explained their process & fair pricing tiers. Patiently answered all my questions honestly. Good follow-up communication from him and Danielle. Next month if their packers are just as conscientious, we'll be getting a better deal than if using a more widely recognized name brand of mover.

Empire Moving Group response

Lois, we are happy to be able to help you during your moving process. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Empire Moving Group Company Information