Get a Quote

2. Movers

4.3/5 (89 ratings)

About Empire Moving Group

Empire Moving Group is a team of industry professionals that helps connect customers to moving companies at the lowest price for the job. It is a moving company broker that contracts with many providers nationwide, but Empire also provides personalized planning for every stage of your move. The company offers residential and commercial moving services for in-state or interstate relocation. Services also include packing and furniture disassembly/assembly. Bubble wrap and boxes are provided if needed. Empire will also arrange auto transport for your vehicle.

Pros

• Specializes in finding lowest price
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Personalized moving service

Cons

• Pricing not available on website
    • Contract terms differ by mover

Bottom Line

Empire Moving Group offers personalized planning services and communication for every step of your move. The company is a broker, so pricing is not available on the website and contract terms differ by mover.

Top Empire Moving Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets...

Verified

All moving professionals were well mannered, expert and worked rapidly. I've used many moving companies during my seven years here in NJ and some time I have done with the help of...

How does Empire Moving Group work?

When you request a quote from Empire Moving Group, a customer service representative takes your information and negotiates with moving companies to find a low price. Empire Moving Group screens the movers it works with to guarantee your move is risk free and efficient.

Empire Moving Group also works with you to plan your move. You can decide if you need box-packing services or furniture disassembly/assembly and include that in your plan with the company. It can also provide bubble wrap and boxes if you are packing yourself.

Empire Moving Group recommends scheduling your move as far in advance as possible to get lower rates. The company does accommodate last-minute customers or changes, but expect a higher price. Customer service is available 24/7, and a rep works with you during every stage of your move to make sure it goes as planned. You can reach the company by phone or email.

Empire Moving Group costs

Pricing for Empire Moving Group varies based on the size of your home and distance of the move. Additional services, such as packing boxes and furniture disassembly or assembly, add to the cost. Empire Moving Group works with you to anticipate your moving needs, and the company provides a detailed quote that includes all services. Booking with plenty of time in advance could save you money; last-minute reservations or changes typically cost more.

Empire Moving Group FAQ

Where is Empire Moving Group available?
    Empire Moving Group is based in Florida and is available throughout the U.S.
    Does Empire Moving Group do long-distance moves?
    Empire Moving Group offers long-distance and interstate moves.
    Does Empire Moving Group offer packing services?
    Empire Moving Group offers packing services and sells bubble wrap and boxes. You can also request furniture disassembly and/or assembly.
    Is Empire Moving Group safe?
    Empire Moving Group is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can check the company’s DOT number and record on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administraton’s website.

Is Empire Moving Group worth it?

Empire Moving Group saves customers time by researching and comparing quotes from moving companies and booking moving services. If you are relocating your family or business, Empire Moving Group takes care of handling the details. The company focuses on finding the best price for the job. Since Empire Moving Group is a broker, you might not be able to communicate directly with the movers that are handling your job, but part of Empire Moving Group’s service is to communicate closely with you to plan every aspect of your move.

Empire Moving Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Moving Group?

Original review: June 25, 2021

After a long arduous process to find a mover that we were comfortable with we started the packing process after selling our older furniture. When we spoke to Empire we estimate 15 boxes and the furniture. After selling the older things we were taking less pieces of furniture and about 50+ boxes. Thankfully we didn't take up more space on the truck and the cost went down a bit. When they delivered they had everything organized and very careful moving it into the new house. Once they set everything up they did one last sweep to make sure they didn't leave anything and were super courteous people.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2021

All around a reliable company. They truly are friendly, easy going people. When I signed up with them I wasn't fully packed. Over the weekend my Wife and I finished and we had way more boxes than expected. I was originally given a price based off of 15 boxes but after we emptied our cabinets and drawers we had about 33. A few days before our move out date we spoke to a gentleman named Anthony and he added the rest of the boxes into our estimate. My price did go up as I did have more items but it was based off the original price per cube and for that I had 0 complaints. The rest of the move went extremely well and it only took the movers 6 days to get to our new home. We were prepared for it to take 10. I would absolutely recommend these guys to anyone who needs to.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The movers from EMG were on time, polite, diligent & professional. These movers were fast and wrapped all my belongings very accurately. They also made sure we saw any fracture or nicks in our furniture before they wrapped it- damage done from a previous move. They even fixed a leg in a side table that they discovered had been broken and glued by the previous movers. The price is UNBEATABLE - I can't believe we got such GOOD QUALITY for such a cheap price!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

This was my 1st time in my life using a moving company to move us from FL to AZ and it was the best option I've made! The team at Empire Moving helped me move a few days ago and I am so IMPRESSED WITH THEIR SERVICE. They were amazingly professional, helpful, and specialist at what job they do. All my things were relocated safely, professionally, and with a great care. I also appreciated their way of communication during the process! I would highly recommend this excellent service. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I called Empire Moving and they create a move from FL to NJ so easy for us. They got me in the very next day. They gave me a four hrs minimum which is absolutely how long it took the complete move. The representative on the phone was very communicative. They were all very COMPETENT and work REALLY FAST. They handle the furniture like they owned it, and cover it with blankets and tape very efficiently. I've been through multiple moves in past 10 years and this was the effortless and most affordable.

Original review: July 24, 2021

AMAZING job by these guys at Empire moving group. Can't even put into words how nice and professional they were through this whole experience. It's never easy and always stressful to have get everything into the truck and then out at the other end but these folks did an incredible job.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Had a really good experience, maybe it's because I spent so much on subpar companies before finding these guys. They got everything together and sent out pretty fast and I wasn't stuck waiting like I have been in the past. 5/5.

Original review: July 17, 2021

These folks is great. Really got it done when I had some farm equipment I needed shipped from Kentucky down to Texas. Can't believe how easy they made it to get this done especially since I was out of town when it happened. Coordinating with the customer service folks was simple and easy and they really blew me away with how great they were.

Original review: July 15, 2021

They did real good transporting the vehicles I had down the coast. Had some issues in the past with things being damaged but not with Empire. Real good job they done and I'm glad I got them to do the move.

Original review: July 15, 2021

These folks did the thing and did it right. I can't tell you enough how smooth this experience was. They made the process easy and I just had to sit back and have some tea while they got everything out the old place and in the new!

Empire Moving Group Company Information