2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Emerson Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson Microwave?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have had this microwave several yrs. It just recently had a issue of the fan running when not using, or after taking something out of it? I'm worried this is a safety issue? Right or wrong. Everything works fine otherwise.

Original review: April 11, 2020

My husband bought me my huge black with silver keypad Emerson microwave for Christmas in 1999. It is still in use and does a good job. I pray it lasts another 5 but even if it doesn't I am more than satisfied. Wish I could buy another identical to it.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I bought this 900w Emerson microwave a few years ago that black & chrome/silver. I like keeping my microwave clean, so I keep it wiped out. About a year ago interior lining/paint in the back corner wiped off. It had bubbled up & just crumbled when I wiped it. Then today another large spot had but bled up & also wiped off paint/lining. I'm scared it's going to catch fire being the metal part is exposed in these 2 spots. I've never had a microwave to do this.

I've had microwaves for years before having to purchase a new one. My 1st was a Sears huge microwave & lasted over 20 years. My second was also a Sears brand that lasted over 15 years. This only the 3rs microwave I've owed in 35 yrs. This one is poorly made. It cooks well, but sometimes it has stopped & wouldn't restart doe an hour. When I 1st purchased it, it was like the door & handle was loose & was going on fall off at any time. It's been several years now & the door/handle still loose but still attached. The only real problem is that the interior paint/lining keeps bubbling up & coming off in large spots. Wouldn't that cause a fire with the metal being exposed??? Is there a recall for this!??? Bc I read reviews & I'm not the only one with this problem!

Original review: July 23, 2019

It stays on after you close the door and now comes on by itself. We have to keep it unplugged so it won't catch fire. Does anyone else have this experience? We will be buying a new microwave but am unsure what brand to buy.

Original review: July 16, 2019

It is very easy to use and works great. Ours has a round tray that spins to cook and heat evenly and a single push start to get it going without a lot of trouble...

Original review: July 11, 2019

Original purchase it performed as expected, then within a year it stopped & I received another under warranty and at the present time it has reduced in performance to requiring additional minutes to heat more than the normal. Sometimes three times the amount of time.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The paint on the inside of the microwave has bubbled up and chipped off and I’ve never had a microwave do that. It was given to me as a gift and it’s not very powerful but for what it’s used for then it’s okay.

Original review: July 9, 2019

It is a great small microwave. It is small in circumference and therefore, larger items causes it to not turn like it does with smaller items. Otherwise I have had no problems and it has worked wonderful.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this microwave more than 7 years ago, I have never had an issue with it. It has a glass dish to place containers on and it goes around to cook and heat foods through. The color is black with silver, all the buttons the clock still work, and illuminate.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This microwave has been a big ugly champ for 20 years. It heats stuff up quickly and fairly evenly in plastic, and glass. I don’t know about it electrical consumption or efficiency. It’s straightforward on the buttons and cleaning. All around a great performer for daily if not hourly use.

Emerson Microwave Company Information