1.04/5
Based on 75 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Electrolux

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

628 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We have a defective Electrolux refrigerator. According to the repairman, our ice maker was not insulated sufficiently from the back panel of the refrigerator. It has caused condensate to form on the back of the appliance. We discovered a large (about 6" in diameter) rust spot there with a trailing one of about 18" or so. There is condensate on the back that drips continually and the metal is actually flaking off. We have no idea how long this has been going on. We only discovered it because of a kitchen remodel.

Meanwhile, it has been dripping down to a wood floor. We could be dealing with mold inside the back panel or eventually on the back of the refrigerator and wall (which I am highly allergic to). We have contacted Electrolux and all that was offered was us contacting another repairman (at our expense). They are not honoring their warranty. I also have an Electrolux stove. I'm not feeling very good about it now! These appliances are expensive. I will never buy another Electrolux or Frigidaire product.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We bought the refrigerator in July of 2014 New from Lowe's. Immediately we had to place a claim for uneven doors. 1 year later after warranty had expired. All the rear panel from the refrigerator side was entirely cracked. The representative refused to do anything because the unit's warranty had already expired. Last Night my wife opened the refrigerator door and a lot of white smoke came out. She open the freezer and the entire upper door and ice unit were melted and black. It caught on fire. We quickly disconnected it from power. We are in the process of putting a claim to Electrolux.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

A one star rating is drastically too high for a company which I would consider the epitome of 'Worst Customer Service' ever! When we purchased our new home, our builder offered a suite of Electrolux appliances, which appeared to be a good compliment to our home. Fast forward 30 days into our new home and we are already contacting Electrolux to have our new double oven serviced. 1) Temperature settings are not accurate as things cook at different rates every time we use it (Burns one time and then the next it will take twice as long as prescribed). 2) The fan on the top "quiet" oven sounds more like a jet engine spooling up for operation. Both issues were addressed with Electrolux.

First service call - One repair technician shows up and then proceeds to inform us that it is a two person job, thus the service call has to be rescheduled. Next call, technician diagnoses the issues and orders parts. Parts arrive about a week later...another week goes by when I find out from my wife that they did not set up a follow-on appointment, nor have they called to set one up since the parts have arrived. That was the first time that I learned that Electrolux does not even attempt to go the extra mile for their customers. I called Electrolux and set my follow-on appointment...being spoiled by other companies with exceptional customer service cost me weeks in turn around repair time. Follow-on appointment happens and the parts are replaced and supposedly repaired. Oven still spooled up as if the generators were getting ready to come online and bring the aircraft to life and the temperatures settings were still unreliable.

Over the course of my first 10 months, we dealt with this issue multiple times until we hit our breaking point as each time of dealing with the oven repair was mentally and emotionally exhausting with Electrolux. (The process is not smooth...I would say broken, but I don't think it has ever been a well established process.) After the last unsuccessful repair, I contacted Electrolux customer service number to request a replacement oven...the customer service agent pushed back stating that the part would have to be serviced again before replacing. We then had a heart to heart discussion about how we were not going to be inconvenienced for another repair attempt when all of the previous attempts failed. Our request was sent to the "Back Office People" for review for replacement for which he stated we would receive a determination via email in a few days.

Fast forward again a few weeks...I get an email from some random delivery company stating that they were shipping an Electrolux oven to my address. Yes, that is how I found out that Electrolux had decided to replace my oven...in case you are not aware by now, never expect Electrolux North America to ever go the extra mile - aka email you to let you know they are replacing your busted oven. In November 2017, a delivery driver just appeared at our house without a pre-notification and proceeded to deliver our replacement oven. He then proceeded to let our new oven come crashing down on our driveway in front of my wife, who was luckily outside watering our grass at the time. My wife was astonished that the delivery driver continued to deliver the oven...and when approached, he stated that "had she not been out there, he would have dropped it in the garage and left without ever saying a word."

The questionable ethics of the deliver driver spooked my wife into fear that denying the delivery would only mean that shady driver takes oven away only for same company to bring same oven back a few days later. Since November 22nd, 2017 - we have been dealing with Electrolux North America to come to an acceptable solution to have a one for one swap completed. As sadly as it may sound, I have truly learned that Electrolux North America (especially North American Liaison Rita **) could not care less about the customer and their overall experience. All attempts to have the situation addressed with a means that would put their customer at ease...have fallen on deaf ears.

Electrolux customer service, as well as Rita **, will only address a rigid black and white approach of how situations are to be addressed according to a policy and will never apply the "Reasonable Person Theory," which would require them to listen to their customers and understand their concerns with at least the slightest bit of compassion. Recommendation - Do not buy Electrolux appliances or appliances of any of their sister companies. If you need any repairs, you will surely regret ever making that purchase...that I can guarantee.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased an Electrolux double ( EW30E65GS8) 5 years ago. The top oven developed a crack in the floor which you can see the heating element. I contacted Electrolux who stated that they no longer manufacture the part. I contacted the dealer who states that I have recourse but to purchase another oven. There was no help available from Electrolux. Even some price reduction for purchasing a new oven. Disappointed with the entire process.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We bought our current washer and dryer set around 3 years ago. After the first few months the washer EIFLS60LT1 completely failed and needed a new drum, bearing belt and pulley. It was replaced for us. After another few months the exact same problem came up and got fixed under warranty. Now a couple years later the same problem is starting again with failing bearings and also the LCD screen quit working shortly after it was fixed under warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have had a new $950 dryer that the blower is out on. I have only had the machine for 2 months. They won’t replace the machine. After town ninths, the machine should be replaced and not "worked on". If I had wanted a refurbished machine which this will be once they start replacing parts, I would have bought one and saved the money… NO help from Electrolux except parroting the warranty. DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX! I bought my friend a GE set for half the price–worked just as well with NO problems.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!! When my boyfriend and I bought our house, we purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer set. Since we purchased them, the washer has leaked into the drawer randomly and the dryer has burned our clothes multiple times. They have replaced the back grate 3 times already and it keeps turning black and burning our clothes. Now it’s been fixed since yesterday and the grate is black again. Upon further research, I’ve found multiple people with the same complaint. Please do not buy anything from Electrolux. Their products suck. Their service sucks. Their accountability sucks. I want a new friggin dryer!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We purchased a new washer and dryer and was promised a $200 rebate from Electrolux. The products were purchase late October of 2017 and were delivered early Nov. 2017. We filed for the rebate online as it was supposed to be a “lot quicker”. Several days later, on November 21, we received an email stating that our request was received and that it would take approximately 7 business days to review the claim. The email lists a link to check on the status of the claim. However when you go to the website it is a non-secure website and we get a warning that it is not recommended to open the link. On Dec. 20th we received an email that said the prepaid Citibank MasterCard for $200 was mailed to us and we should receive it within 3 weeks. (Not sure what planet it was mailed from that takes 3 weeks).

The email stated a number to call if we did not receive within the 3 weeks. As of today, 1/15/2018 we have not received the rebate card so my wife, called that number. She was told it was processed on the 11th. When questioned about that he said it was “requested by Electrolux on Jan. 11th. When questioned further he said we should receive it by the 25th of this month. "However if we do not have it by then call back". It is rather obvious that the scam is to not mail the rebate unless the customer complains that they have not received it in the hope that the customer will forget about it. Also obvious is that we are not going to forget about it so hopefully it will actually be sent soon. Of course if and when we get the rebate it is prepaid credit card which I am sure they hope we will lose and not use. We will probably never purchase anything from this company again as they are not trustworthy and we are not comfortable with their sales tactics.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

In January, 2017 we purchased the top of the line Electrolux Washer and Gas Dryer. Shortly after the washing machine was installed, water started to leak from under the unit. It flooded our laundry room. A week later a "tech" showed up and diagnosed that a pump was installed incorrectly at the factory. Two weeks later it was replaced. Guess what? It continued to leak. This time I asked for a different tech to come out to ensure he knew what he was doing. He determined it was a different pump that was cracked so another part had to be ordered. By this time I was so upset that I demanded a new machine.

After much negotiation, Electrolux agreed to replace the washer. Now last week, our dryer stopped working. We started to notice about a month ago that it was taking longer to dry clothes. Finally on Jan. 5th exactly one year from when we took delivery, the machine stopped working. I called Electrolux Jan. 8th and they said the one year warranty is up so I have to pay for a service call. The customer service at this company is terrible and they forget who is paying their salaries. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance and I urge others to avoid them like the plague!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased my new Electrolux slide in range with the three year warranty including thermal breakage of the glass top. I had the range for just over a month and was simmering vegetables when the glass made a "pop" & then a "crackle" sound. The glass had shattered into flakes and then cracked. Customer service asked me to send pictures which I did. They immediately blamed me and said that I must have dropped something on it. Three months later and after being runaround they now claim that my pot was dirty and stuck to the glass so is not covered by the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have a high end Electrolux refrigerator that is only 5 years old. The ice maker rusted through the back of the refrigerator and a softball size lump of ice was sticking out of the rusted area. The repairman stated the refrigerator was not repairable, he notified Electrolux and stated Electrolux would make good on it. Electrolux offered a 20% rebate on my next Electrolux refrigerator purchase because of the age of my refrigerator. My refrigerator is 5 years old. A refrigerator life expectancy is 14-17 years, making the average 15.5 years. My refrigerator lasted less than 1/3 of the average expectancy and I expected Electrolux to give me 2/3 off my next purchase.

They stated my refrigerator was past warranty. Well Electrolux, this was a KNOWN manufacturer’s defect and you allowed the warranty to expire without informing your consumers. I bought Electrolux because I believed you to be upfront and honest and to stand behind your product and most of all to do the right thing. I couldn't be more wrong. I will never buy from you again and that includes your Frigidaire brand and I will be sure to let everyone I know and even strangers that you do NOT stand behind your product and are deceptive by not disclosing manufacturer defects to consumers at every opportunity.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was assisting my sister who had an Electrolux refrigerator that was leaking water at the bottom, in the front. After following the common troubleshooting for this kind of problem, I found that the drain trough was clogged with ice, preventing water from going through the drain tube into the drain pan. To get to the drain trough, I had to take most of the freezer apart-removing the ice maker, removing the housing containing the auger motor and dispenser solenoid, and removing two long metal covers held together by several screws.

Whoever designed this flunked out of engineering school. Just to get to the light bulb, you have to remove the ice maker and the housing with the auger motor. What happened to just placing the light bulb socket on the ceiling, as is done with other refrigerator models? I'm fairly handy with mechanical work, I've built my own computers. This model is set up to make the average user have to call a service tech for the simplest repairs. Stay away from Electrolux, the design is just terrible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a Electrolux washer and dryer in the fall of 2015 and it has broken 4-5 times. Each time it takes 2-3 weeks for repair. This August they replaced the drum, a plastic piece that goes around the drum and the bearings. Five months later the plastic piece has started leaking a lot. So I have been out of a washer for 2 weeks now... never have I had a washer break so much... I bought it because this was suppose to be the best. Boy were they wrong!

Updated on 1/15/2018: I recently wrote a review on my Electrolux washer. It was leaking water and the service person came out and said a plastic piece that wraps around the drum had cracked and they had to replace the drum, bearings and the plastic piece all had just been replaced 5 months before. It took 2 months for them to replace them 5 months ago. For 2 months I was without a washer. They replaced the part Jan 4th. The drum and plastic piece were covered in rust which is why my clothes were getting rust on them. Well 8 days later the washer will not drain. This is the fifth time since I bought the washer 2 1/2 years ago that it has broke. The insurance company says the same Part has to break 5 times before they replace it. This is the 2 or 3rd time the pump has broke. For a high-end washer this washer has been nothing but broke.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Terrible customer service, I purchased double electrical range on April 22 2017, for almost 2,00.00, and my issues started. In beginning of September I notice that cooktop of range is starting melt, I called Electrolux, I was asked to send them a pictures, on September 24, 2017 so I did, once get a message that their side is not working, then second time, third time, all the same their site did not worked. Ok something wrong with email or their site. So on October 4, 2017 I decided to sent a pictures again, the same story try few times, the same reply site is not working. I contacted the local technician as per Frigidaire representative advise. Technician came in, made a picture and assure me within few days that he sent it to Frigidaire. Nothing happening. On October 24 again spoke to Frigidaire representative Quintavia and again sent the pictures, as she said that nothing is on my file. Nothing happening.

Again on November 22 I spoke to Mona and again I heard that nothing is on my file, so again I resend the pictures, this time Mona called me back and confirm that she received the pictures and finally I got a case number. I was informed that the technician will have all the information from now. I spoke to technician and he told me that the new cooktop has been order and he is just waiting for its exchange, this was November 26, 2017. On December 5, technician has been still waiting for the part, on December 28 I called the Frigidaire with question when I can expect the repair to happened, and surprise I heard that nothing has been approved or ordered, and the Corporate supervisor told me that nothing can be done until January 3 2018. No apologies, no explanation, they did all properly and it seems to be my fault that I bought that range and that it is faulty.

This is the worst customer service in my long life. It cost me two thousand and hours on the phone, a lot of stress. Frigidaire products are going down with quality, I am not sure, as I have a old fridge and this is one of the best, but for sure their customer service is the worst that happened to me, no one care, I felt like I was intrusion for staff and how dare I complain. If you can avoid please save yourself a lot of stress and time, spend a money with different company and have a less stress.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The most money I have ever spent the biggest regret ever. I bought my mom her first side by side and bottom freezer. I thought I was gonna buy something that was gonna make everyone’s experience owning it a good one and it has been a nightmare! Always breaking spoiled food and it locks itself can't use water or ice when it locks. Ice maker has broken too many times. I hate this product will never buy another of this name brand not ever.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I bought a new Electrolux washer and dryer from Home Depot online in November of 2017. The dryer has not worked correctly since it was installed. After contacting Electrolux, they sent a repairman out twice to fix the problem with no resolution. The second time, after taking the dryer completely apart and replacing the motherboard and wiring harness, the dryer won't even run. Electrolux will not replace the dryer and wants more repairs done before even considering a replacement. I bought a new dryer and now it's a used dryer!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This double wall oven (EI27EW45JS) has many problems and does not work properly. Temperature controls are out of sink. Overheating in upper stove with discoloration of finish, lower oven is not getting the required heat. Bread proof is not holding temp at 100 degrees and overheats. No help from manufacturer after more than 1 hour on the phone talking to 5 different people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Horrible... My wife and I purchased a brand new Electrolux front load washer Dec. 2016 and just shy of a year the main bearing has failed! We are not heavy users of wash. We had a Kenmore Elite H4 for 13 years with no issues, until the main board died! We purchased based on reviews etc. and now regretting not going with another brand. Electrolux used to have a solid rep but now I will never recommend or purchase an appliance from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I would avoid buying Electrolux refrigerators. They are overpriced and under engineered. My ice maker has never worked since day 1 causing a class action lawsuit against Electrolux. Poor quality caused the display to fail and one of the compressors to fail. This should not happen on a $5000 refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Electrolux is the worst appliances I have ever owned. Do not buy these appliances. The refrigerator had a recall and because we did not know about it we did not act on the issue. 18 months later the ice maker went bad on our refrigerator and they said they could not honor the claim. We have spent about $500 for the repairs on this refrigerator and it is only 3 years old. Bad quality, bad service. Nothing good about Electrolux.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We have been in our home for two years and both the Electrolux microwave and dishwasher don’t work. The dishwasher was only used a few times. I would never recommend these products. The repairman came out which we had to pay and he said these products are cheaply made. It’s unbelievable that we have two products only 2 years old and they are trash!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Where to begin. We purchased all of our Electrolux appliances when we built our new home. Fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer and dryer. All Electrolux. We have had the induction stove in the past and loved it, so decided we would buy the same brand for all of our appliances. In the first few months of owning them we had problems with everything. The fridge ice maker gets clogged and leaks water. The microwave light stopped working and was replaced just barely under warranty. The new microwave control panel no longer lights up, therefore we cannot see what we are doing. It is now out of warranty and is apparently our problem.

The dishwasher. Wow, what a disaster. It’s quiet and that’s about the only good thing going for it. It leaves the dishes wet no matter what cycle we put it on. We have replaced the control panel not once but twice under warranty and the one side still doesn’t work unless we bang really hard on it. It is now also out of warranty and they will not fix it. The washing machine detergent drawer doesn’t drain properly and always has water in it. The dryer is ok but the rubber gasket comes out all the time.

We spent over $10,000 on our appliances. Appliances that are supposed to be “high end” but quite frankly, this company not only makes junk, they could care less about customer satisfaction or service. Being a business owner myself, I find this deplorable. I will never buy from Electrolux again and not even 3 years in to owning our appliances, we will be replacing both the dishwasher and the microwave as neither function to get their respective jobs done. Very disappointed. Save your money and buy another brand!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We are their customers in Thailand. They have very poor standard of customer service. Repairperson went to our place on Aug 1st and told us to wait for spare parts about 2-3 weeks. Nobody contact us back after that day. We contacted them several times during 3 months and never get information on expected arrival date of spare parts.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Induction oven has been broken more than it has worked. They have a terrible repair company come out to fix it. I have to wait for a different part to come in each time and the part never works so I have to go through it over and over again. Didn’t have a stove for two months. They finally get it working then it blows again. Still will not replace. Will never deal with Electrolux again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

After buying a Sears top mount refrigerator several years ago, which was made by Electrolux, we had a service technician confirm that we are missing the connecting drain tube that would have routed the dripping defrost water from the freezer to the drain pan. Because the leaking only occurred sporadically, when the freezer was defrosting, it took us awhile to figure out the problem. The insurance company for Electrolux, (Sedgewick), wouldn't look at our claim, however, unless it was verified by a Sears service tech at a cost of $96.00. We are measuring 1-4 oz. of water daily that we are forced to collect in a cup, and empty daily, to avoid any further damage to our cabinets and baseboards. The replacement part is approximately $50.00 with at least 4x that amount in additional labor to attach it.

This is unacceptable; that part should have already been attached when we bought the refrigerator. We are already out $96.00 for the service call that accomplished nothing. I specifically indicated to the repair center the part that we needed and this information was never passed on to the service tech. When we documented our complaints to Electrolux, a very unhelpful, and unfriendly Claims Representative made it clear that there was nothing they would do for us. We understood that because of the age of the refrigerator they wouldn't replace it, or pay to repair our damaged baseboards, but we had hoped they would at least reimburse the service call. Rather than spend any more money on this refrigerator we are going to replace it and never buy another Electrolux product.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have a Electrolux 27 cf model# 127BS26JS refrigerator. The ice maker has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk ever sold to the American public. I have had the whole refrigerator replaced once. The ice maker at least three times after paying $1,000.00 in extended warranties. It sounds like a dump truck stuck in the mud when it freezes up the motor in the ice maker.

The only solution to the noise is to use a hairdryer in the ice maker to thaw out whatever freezes up in it, only have to do this 5 or 6 times a day. This must be done because it is so loud it will put you in a rubber room if you don't give it the hairdryer treatment. Whoever designed this ice maker should be put in a room with one of them for about 24 hours. Then they could check his sanity when he is let out. My view of this refrigerator is a waste of over $2,500.00. It lasted six months before it went bad. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance. I would not give this product one star!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Do not buy Electrolux period. The worst quality of materials used and shared as like they are the best. Less than two years the microwave doesn't work, refrigerator has all plastic from doors is getting powders out. When called for help was denied every time. Please buy perhaps the cheapest brand possible but never never buy Electrolux. They should be ashamed and I do they do manufacture with better materials but again I will never recommend or buys such a ** brand.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

French door refrigerator - This has been the worst appliance ever created. We purchased in the late Fall of 2011. Very soon the plastic grey trim popped off the freezer door for no reason. Just two adults live here so no wear and tear. Not happy about it but taped it on until finally giving up on tape holding. Customer service's response was lame and we were not willing to pay for their ridiculous "fix" so I would have to live with this aesthetic. Then we began having issue after issue with the ice maker. Grinding noise, not making ice or it all freezing together -- on and on and it never got fixed. Repairman has been out 3 times in past 2 months. He was back yesterday and we pulled the fridge from the wall and we were horrified. The back had a big block of ice protruding. It had sweated and rusted out the entire back panel. The insulation was shot. This is nothing more than a boat anchor now.

We paid a lot of $ for an appliance that didn't even last 6 years and we've hated it since about a month after purchasing. We have lawyers in the family and we're planning on initiating a class action suit. I would use an "Igloo" cooler before I would ever consider an Electrolux refrigerator or anything! They don't stand by their product and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with these continued issues. The fridge should be banned from further production and the company should close its door if they cannot remediate the problems and compensate customers for these losses. We now have to buy a new fridge after spending approx $4000 less than 6 years ago.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The Electrolux double ovens were very expensive and have been nothing but problems... erratic temperatures and locked racks first. I have had over 6 service calls in less than 18 months of ownership. Now the floor of the oven is chipping off in a circle with what looks like glass shards. I am afraid to use this over for fear of getting shards in our food. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought a upright freezer and been paying warranty on this for 15 years. I call in Aug. to have it fix. I haven't gotten any result yet and October. I ask for a buyout. I was turn down. I need help. All I get is lot parts been sent to my home and still does not work. Please stay away from this company, they don't try to help at all.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout

www.electroluxappliances.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use