3.9/5 (249 ratings)

About Electrolux Washers and Dryers

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

We bought top of the line Electrolux Washer and Dryer. Neither lasted more than 5 years and that’s having multiple repairs. They are expensive and poorly built. I would not recommend these appliances to anyone. I threw them away instead of giving them so another family wouldn’t waste their money. Horrible!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

1st brand new dryer stopped working after first load. No warranty service available for our area so Electrolux replaced with a new dryer. Second one making awful grinding noise. Both installers looked at each other and said "I guess this one doesn't work either". Now have to request a third? Would rather have my money back and buy something else.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I inherited the Electrolux perfect steam dryer when I bought my home in 2018. This thing was always loud but it got to the point that you couldn’t even hear the TV in the other room and it would bang around. I had a repair man out who showed me that a ton of lint built up inside and causes the thing to run off balance. It’s important to note that I clean the lint trap with every cycle and this still happened. I do have 4 children so I do a ton of laundry. It was working perfectly for 3 months and now the noise is starting again. I am so upset that I’d have to pay another $300 to have this thing serviced again after only three months. The entire machine needs to come apart to do this.

This is a horrible flaw and because my units are stacked, I’m likely looking at having to replace both of them now. The washer is okay. I don’t love it but I don’t hate it. It does get build up easily and you have to wipe it out after every use to keep this down. I had Whirlpool at my previous home and owned them for 10 years without one issue. I will never purchase Electrolux.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Received our brand new Electrolux washer and dryer and the dryer made a clunking noise right when we got it. Electrolux offered to have it fixed but wouldn’t be for 3 months (and the sound is really loud when running so very annoying), Costco offered to replace the unit so we did that. Just got the new one today and it does the exact same thing if not worse. Now it’s going to be another week until we get a new one again and I have a feeling it will do the same thing. Seems like the side of the unit gets a bit dented in during delivery and then the drum scrapes against it.

Original review: July 15, 2022

It is impossible to clean the holes and grooves in the gasket and the part of the drum I can reach. I am retired. I would need the grip strength of an acrobat to pull the gasket out enough to clean it and it is impossible to clean all the small holes with a Qtip although that's our only recourse. We have tried various cleaning products with minimal success. I have pictures of Qtips covered with black mold and/or soap residue. Finally there is no provision in this washer to trap pet hair. It is necessary to pull back the gasket and clean it with a cloth. Our clothes smell moldy once they are dry. The Qtips come out black no matter how many times we have cleaned this washer. Large items like bed sheets come out in a knotted mess.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Ordered part for my new, two month old dishwasher machine, a machine that was broke down and was told that this part is out of warranty! Only two weeks old dishwasher machine!! I paid online and service guy promised to deliver the part in one week, I called in one week, the part was not even in warehouse yet, promised in one week more, called again and service lady sent me to wait for more than two weeks from now! Everyone who answered to me lied. I am shocked by the service of this company!

Original review: May 26, 2022

My Electrolux dryer is relatively new…Approx. 3 1/2 yrs. I like the machine but the control board and “door closed“ switch failed. It’s a pricey repair....Doesn’t anything last anymore? I hoped this product would be different. Model # EFME617STTO

Original review: April 17, 2022

I purchased a Electrolux washer & dryer pre Covid. After 6 months Lowe's agrees to deliver and set up. Hardly another 6 months lapsed when mold blackens the door bellow despite following Electrolux recommendation. Continued to worsen. Electrolux support say ''just out of warranty'' - your problem now. I wish I kept the old Kenmore.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Terrible experience!!!! I am very, very disappointed with the breakdown of my Electrolux washing machine purchased from Home Depot in Newmarket Ontario Sept 2021. Three months after purchasing the washer, the internal filter clogged up. I had to call a repairman in to open up the machine to clean the filter for me. All other machines have the filter accessible by the home owner on the front of the washer. This is a serious design flaw. The dryer also has a design flaw in that small items get stuck on top of the filter, stopping the exhaust. This stops the exhaust air and the clothes don't dry. This is a serious design error. The newer model has a sloped filter so the clothes aren't trapped. But the washer has been the most problematic. After five months, the washer door locked at the end of a cycle and could not be opened. But the message was "Close Door."

The earliest appointment for a technician from the Electrolux authorized service tech was 3 weeks later!!! The wet clothes stayed in the dryer until the tech came to unlock it 3 weeks later. Most washer door locks can be overridden by a simple release in the front mounted filter door...NOT ON THIS WASHER. This is another serious design flaw! The authorized technician replaced the door latch but said that the code indicated that the electronic control board needed replacing. He put it an order. ANOTHER 3 WEEKS passed before the part came in!!! He returned and replaced 2 control boards and promised that this seemed to have solved the problem. BUT, three hours later, my first load of laundry in over two months, stopped at the end of the cycle with the door locked again!!!! And with the same message "Close Door!"

After many calls to Electrolux, I'm still only getting acknowledgements that they received my email and call...no solutions! Is it going to take ANOTHER 3 WEEKS to get a technician back in to confirm that the machine is indeed broken??? And will it be ANOTHER 3 WEEKS to get more parts??? I have been without laundry for over two months!!!! This has been a huge hassle and aggravation to get hold of someone at Electrolux who can resolve this problem. I bought what I thought was premium machines that would last me at least the next 15 years. These machines have serious design faults. Now I just want my money back. I cannot recommend buying Electrolux Washers and dryers!

Original review: March 10, 2022

My Electrolux dryer is less than 2 years old and to date I have been without a dryer waiting for repairs for over four months. Neither Trail Appliances nor Electrolux are standing behind their warranty. Dec 5, I received a call from Trail Service who said the major mother board of the dryer would not be available until Feb 15th. I said that was not acceptable and requested that they contact Electrolux to replace the dryer. They refused and told me I had to work with Electrolux.

I have contacted Electrolux almost weekly. They sent out a new repair company TransGlobal who has said the same. This dryer that is less than two years old requires all electronics to be replaced plus other parts. Electrolux will not live up to their warranty promise on their website. If it cannot be repaired in a reasonable manner, we will replace your appliance. What is reasonable about a dryer that requires all major electronics being replaced and the parts still not available 4 months later. Trail is happy to sell to you, but give you NO SERVICE in extending circumstances. Like their repairman said, buy the cheapest and the extended warranty. All electronics come from Mexico or China. Buying Electrolux was a waste of money as they do not live up to their warranty.

Electrolux Washers and Dryers Company Information