2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Unsubscribe at any time.

Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have this vacuum for 30 years, love it. Bought it when I was fifty and now I am 83 years old have allergies and like the filters in it. I have used it in the attic, clean indoors and outdoors, made a leaf blower outside with the air outlet, cleaned the gutters, cleaned air filters. I use it in my garage.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I’ve used Electrolux brand for 45 plus years. Mine is a canister style with multiple attachments plus the separate attachment for furniture and the separate carpet attachment with its own motor. The wands make it easy to reach high places or to do baseboards. I can always count on its performance and durability. It has excellent suction in removing animal hair, large and small particles plus dust. Mine is equipped 2 hepa filters plus a reverse mode for blowing.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 28, 2020

Love my vacuum. No dragging around the a heavy portable machine. I have a three-level house, the connections conveniently located throughout the 4,700 sq ft house. I even have what are call vac-pans at baseboard level which you just kick open with your toe and it sucks the dirt and debris down. Good suction with multi-level power speeds.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Electrolux has always been a good name. This is a canister vacuum. The only drawback is that it is heavy and a little cumbersome to move around. I do like the fact that it has a bag and is not bagless. This was a gift from my daughter. I think if I had purchased it by myself, I would have gone for a lighter model. All in all, it picks everything up, including cat hair.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I would avoid Uprights period - just don't care for them, difficult to repair; (plastic part break) but, do understand easy to store, etc. I repaired Electrolux vacuums for over one year, I have extensive experience in Electrical Engineering. Had a NCEEES log. The weakness on the "old style" Electrolux Prior to Arius or whatever (sold door to door) is the electrical connection in the hose - it is going to eventually wear out due to normal use - the hose 30 years ago cost $40.00 plus. They will eventually I suspect be unavailable. I bypassed this, put a standard electrical plug and cord on the power nozzle, and just connected the power nozzle to the an extension cords to an outlet not the vacuum, recently took the motor apart - a bag was defective, motor was in excellent condition.

The only improvement in motors, is they now use rare earth mineral, so they can be smaller, and just as powerful. I will not go into details on this, look it up, rare earth minerals in magnetics, and motors. The cannister and motor is built like a brick outhouse, it will last for decades if one does NOT vacuum up liquids and the motor is dissassebled and cleaned if a bag breaks (wet bag). I saw several vacuums that had the motor replace with a NON OEM motor - basically micky mouse, weight was signficiantly less than the OEM motor which is still available for about $100 on eBay or Amazon. Do use "original" perhaps OEM Bags, the bags typically at your grocery store only have two layers of filter, one external, one internal, the "OEM" bag has four interior filters, liners or whatever.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Amazing, sturdy vacuum that has incredible cleaning suction. Downsize it is very heavy and hard to carry upstairs and it's complicated to put on attachments. Also uses bags, unlike Dyson but Dyson doesn't have enough suction.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I own two of these machines. They have been excellent performers and would highly recommend them. They are reliable and long-lasting. The attachments perform satisfactorily on stairs and runners. They are a pleasure to own and need very little maintenance.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I am extremely satisfied with Electrolux vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner is powerful and yet very quiet when in use. Would be better if it came with several other attachments so to be able to vacuum couches and such.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This vac is the best. It gets in close to wall. It's bagless and not as noisy as some. The quality of the parts and prices and well constructed for easy use. Wonderful pet hair collection. Easy canister to empty and wash.

Original review: July 12, 2019

The only negative points are the longevity of the brush attachment and the Velcro on the small brushless attachment. Both wore out quickly. Also, all attachments have a proprietary shape and only those manufactured by Electrolux can be used.

Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners author review by ConsumerAffairs

Electrolux is a Swedish company noted as the world's second-largest appliance maker. It also uses the name Eureka as its vacuum brand.

• Diverse designs: Electrolux makes a range of vacuum designs that includes upright, canister and cordless options.

• Wide price range: Consumers can find Electrolux vacuums at prices from around 100 to 1,000 dollars.

• HEPA Filters: The HEPA filters included with most Electrolux vacuums can remove 99.97 percent of a home's dust and allergens.

• Online orders: The Electrolux website makes it easy to order vacuums online.

• Replacement parts: Consumers can purchase replacement parts easily to keep vacuums in good condition.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team