2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I would avoid Uprights period - just don't care for them, difficult to repair; (plastic part break) but, do understand easy to store, etc. I repaired Electrolux vacuums for over one year, I have extensive experience in Electrical Engineering. Had a NCEEES log. The weakness on the "old style" Electrolux Prior to Arius or whatever (sold door to door) is the electrical connection in the hose - it is going to eventually wear out due to normal use - the hose 30 years ago cost $40.00 plus. They will eventually I suspect be unavailable. I bypassed this, put a standard electrical plug and cord on the power nozzle, and just connected the power nozzle to the an extension cords to an outlet not the vacuum, recently took the motor apart - a bag was defective, motor was in excellent condition.

The only improvement in motors, is they now use rare earth mineral, so they can be smaller, and just as powerful. I will not go into details on this, look it up, rare earth minerals in magnetics, and motors. The cannister and motor is built like a brick outhouse, it will last for decades if one does NOT vacuum up liquids and the motor is dissassebled and cleaned if a bag breaks (wet bag). I saw several vacuums that had the motor replace with a NON OEM motor - basically micky mouse, weight was signficiantly less than the OEM motor which is still available for about $100 on eBay or Amazon. Do use "original" perhaps OEM Bags, the bags typically at your grocery store only have two layers of filter, one external, one internal, the "OEM" bag has four interior filters, liners or whatever.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have used my Electrolux brand vacuum for about 7 years now and absolutely vote it the best I’ve ever purchased! I only had one problem after about a year of use and I called their 800 number where they connected me to a rep that walked me through taking it apart and putting it back together and fixed my problem. Rep was very knowledgeable and helpful and it only took 30 minutes. It has worked perfectly ever since. It’s turning and hose are amazing and I can use it all around my home. I highly recommend this vacuum especially since it’s economical cost.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have a Lux 9000, pricey but a great vacuum and problem free for 7 yrs. It comes with a 15 yr warranty and the bags and filters are easy to find anywhere. Looks great and performs well. Purchased locally and can get any warranty work from where I purchased it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

As my mother before me, I am faithful to the Electrolux, having tried my children's other brands. It can be fixed, if broken - no need to buy another. It's not heavy when sweeping. It is powerful. Service is great-right in your home usually.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Only deducted a star as the cordless is built around a hand vacuum that you can separate. The hand vacuum that is not that good but the floor vacuum is great. Very light and fits in a small space on the charger. Also very easy to empty. Would purchase again and recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: July 12, 2019

The only negative points are the longevity of the brush attachment and the Velcro on the small brushless attachment. Both wore out quickly. Also, all attachments have a proprietary shape and only those manufactured by Electrolux can be used.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Electrolux is the one I use. I have for years and keeps working. Easy to fix and use. The power is really great. Very lightweight, great suction, good attachments, bags are not costly, filters are also of little cost. Cleans easy.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I Purchased this to replace my Dyson which quit on me, and find that this one has absolutely no suction and fills up with HAIR immediately. You have to clean it after every single use. Cleaning is easy, but what good is that if the vacuum doesn’t pick up anything! Stay away from this one. No power at all.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I grew up on Electrolux Vacuum. Detroit, Michigan 1952. Lived in L.A 1962 -1980’s. Used Electrolux. Now reside in The Bay Area. I gave the Electrolux I was using to my daughter. In search of a replacement, saw that Home Depot had one. Noticed that it didn’t perform the same. I called what I thought was the Electrolux Company and discussed the matter with the representative.

About a month later I received a phone call from a lady who turned out to be a sales rep that I purchased the previous Electrolux from. She came out, I was in total shock to learn that Electrolux (name) had been sold and that the unit I purchased was ’not’ an Electrolux. I feel there was misrepresentation of the

Electrolux Brand. My thought was that Electrolux had discontinued making the vacuum cleaner/product that was made for so many years. Deception. I purchased the newest version. I will be asking to be made whole in this matter. Warning: Do not buy an Electrolux from Home Depot.

Original review: June 18, 2018

If we are talking about a vacuum cleaner, I will not buy Electrolux anymore. "Cause I have had a lot of troubles with it. Power supply, cables and etc. Now, I stopped my chose on **. "Cause these brands will not have the same problems.

Not sure about Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Vacuum Cleaners for you.

Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Electrolux is a Swedish company noted as the world's second-largest appliance maker. It also uses the name Eureka as its vacuum brand.

• Diverse designs: Electrolux makes a range of vacuum designs that includes upright, canister and cordless options.

• Wide price range: Consumers can find Electrolux vacuums at prices from around 100 to 1,000 dollars.

• HEPA Filters: The HEPA filters included with most Electrolux vacuums can remove 99.97 percent of a home's dust and allergens.

• Online orders: The Electrolux website makes it easy to order vacuums online.

• Replacement parts: Consumers can purchase replacement parts easily to keep vacuums in good condition.

• Best for: Electrolux's diverse vacuum designs are useful for homeowners, drivers, landlords and renters.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team