3.78/5
Based on 37 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: March 1, 2018

48 Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 1, 2018

I've had my Electrolux for years. Still works perfectly! Kind of costly but worth the price. I would buy another Electrolux if this one quits working properly.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I have an Electrolux not made out of plastic. I have had it for 34 years. You can't find a more hardy vacuum. The new one break easily. Why can't they make them like use to?

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

First, I want to say I have owned these vacuums in our family for over 50 years. They were great vacuums. I would not recommend them at this point. They are just too expensive, and the California franchise is dishonest. I have had a cannister/bag vacuum since 2003, when I bought it new for about 1300. It was fine for years, but then started to have various problems needing repairs. I have easily spent the price of the vacuum over the last 5-6 years alone. I recently discovered the people, particularly "Cathy", who manages the only shop serving Southern California, may be recommending repairs which are actually not needed, and adding things which the customer would have no idea about, and whether the repair was necessary.

At this moment, my vacuum power nozzle stopped functioning. When Gerald ** was sent to my home to pick it up for repair, he told me I needed a new one, even though it started to work while he was here, and seemed only to have been stuck on some hair. Then, he suddenly said I needed a new motor, and he could tell by the sound it was making. There was no sound, nor anything different from the loaner vacuum he had brought into my house. He also said I needed a new "elbow", which I had been told by Cathy years ago -- and did not buy, because there was nothing wrong with mine! He then told me I needed two other repairs, which, unbeknownst to him, I had gotten in July 2017!

When I attacked this, he crossed them out on the estimate, but would not explain why he was telling me I needed them -- except that he hadn't be able to get my "history" before coming out. I accused him of dishonesty -- but let him take the vacuum -- and he gave me an estimate for over 425! I told him they were NOT authorized to start work until calling me to explain what appeared to be dishonesty. When I didn't get a call after two days, I called, and spoke to Cathy, the manager. I said I felt they were being dishonest, and she started yelling at me. I politely hung up, and called Corporate, and spoke to Linda **, the manager. She listened to the story, told me she was horrified, and would get back to me in 24-48 hours. That was on February 9, 2018, and I am writing this on February 21, 2018 -- no return call. Buy something else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have an Electrolux upright vacuum cleaner with attachments. It is old but still works very well. Good suction and filtration too. My Electrolux vacuum was acquired back in 1996 and has serviced me very well. I also have an Electrolux shampooer. Its quality far outweighs its cost.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have only bought 2 of these in the past 35+ years. They hold up very well. They may appear too slightly expensive from the get-go but the price is worth it. The one big plus is they still use steel in making the body of the vacuum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: April 21, 2017

EL 7083 - Unit lacks power, need to vacuum in perpendicular mode to get all the dirt, has significant lack of performance when trying to get dirt next to baseboard and within 10 months had to replace components in vacuum head because it stopped rotating. Very disappointed because I have owned two prior units that lasted 41 years and had no such problems.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

This vacuum did an amazing job on picking up the dirt on my carpets. On one room in particular (spare room) by looking at it I didn't even think it had any dirt on it till I vacuumed it and was amazed how much dirt there was on it. I would only use this brand from now on. I think the value is very, very reasonable. I didn't think there was any dirt on my carpet and there was a lot that I didn't even realize so it really got down in there therefore I think it was well worth the money. I really like the appearance. It was a very good looking vacuum cleaner. Usually vacuum cleaners are big and kind of gaudy. Not this one. Is a very good looking. Usually vacuum cleaners are big and take up a lot of space. This one hardly took up any space in my closet so I have extra room now. Before I could only fit the vacuum cleaner now I could fit about three or four of these vacuum in there.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

The performance of the vacuum was lovely. It was able to do things other things that vacuums don't do. I love the vacuum. But could be better. The value of the vacuum was good. I got rid of it though because I got a new one. Value was perfect. I love the appearance. And it is a sleek nice looking thing. Its perfect and I appreciate the way it works. And its greatness. Its large and bulky. Kind of hard to store in places. But its plenty great. Thanks you so much for this amazing vacuum.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

How amazing was my electrolux? I will tell you it was incredible, so reliable. I could go on and on and on and on about my love for this product. So valuable. Worth every quarter, dime, nickel and penny. It is amazing. I love it. Why didn't I buy this sooner. Everyone should have one. So pretty, sleek, modern, shines, expensive, cool and amazing. Most handsome beautiful Electrolux ever. I can't believe how nice it is or how pretty and exciting. Perfect size. It's not too big and not too small. It fits so compactly. I can't imagine what I would do without it. Big vaunted suck literally hahaha but this one is great.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

It's a great vacuum. I thoroughly enjoy it. I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago because it's so advanced and my kids love it. I would totally buy another one. It was an expense that was well worth it. It's definitely valuable in my household. Even my husband uses it sometimes. It looks pretty cool, very sleek and modern which is good for today because everyone wants the new thing which you cannot blame them because all that stuff is pretty cool. It's very portable and fits where I need it to which is important because I live in an apartment with limited space so I need this to be compact which it is.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

My Electrolux is a powerhouse. It is lightweight in the design and I can clean the main living areas in my home with no problems and no needing to clean out the canister. Especially with my dog and cat hair is everywhere. At first the price took me aback but after using it for the first time I was blown away with it. It is well worth the price that you pay for it. I was pleasantly surprised. My Electrolux is very lightweight in design and has a very sleek clean look to it. Very functional and industrial. It came in two color choices and I chose the steel grey color. Very happy that it goes along with all my other appliances.

Recommend the Electrolux Precision Brushroll Clean to anyone looking for a reliable upright vacuum -- even if you can spend more. It was competitive with all of the more expensive vacuums and, in many cases, far exceeded my expectations for a midrange model. Somehow, Electrolux found a way to merge thoughtful design, high-end features, and sturdy construction all into one 17-pound vacuum. Combine those three things and you get top usability and performance. The only caveat is that it isn't the most maneuverable.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

Useful in tight spaces, reasonable price, picks up small particles and dirt, light enough weight for using on stairs, nice design, easy to use and handle. The value is incredible considering how well it handles! I also have had it for a long time which in turn increased its value to our family. I love the design. It's sleek and modern. It hides easily in the closet. It looks and runs like a well oiled machine and I'm very pleased. It's perfect. It helps me on the stairs and it's easy to take up and down those same stairs. It stores easily in tight spaces, and also cleans well in tight spaces

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

It was a good vacuum. It had great suction power and it was able to pick up the fine particulates. It also worked very well on my bare floors in addition to the carpet. I got it at a pretty sweet deal of about 130 bucks. For the brand, that's a great price. In any case, the product pays for itself. In addition to the vacuum, I also got some attachments as well as my warranty. The vacuum itself is pretty sleek. It has a pretty good size base plate so you can get more done. It also has a button near the front where you clear the brushes in case you get pet hair or other stuff stuck in there. It also has a good size dust cup. Size-wise, it's about the size of a regular vacuum... maybe a little smaller. It is definitely a lot lighter than most of the conventional vacs out there. If you have problems like back issues or wrist issues, this is the vacuum to get. It moves quite well.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Vacuum performed well. Never had any issues with it clogging or breaking down on me. I would recommend this vacuum to other consumers. I have owned one for a few years and have not had anything to complain about with the vacuum. The vacuum is definitely worth the money. It is a great product. It gets the job done. The appearance of the vacuum is really good. Not ugly and gigantic. Easy to move around in room and get into and corner or under all furniture in my home without and problems. The vacuum is the perfect size. It's not too big and not too small. As I said I can get into any tight space in my house and under all my furniture without any problems. Some other vacuums have issues but this one does not.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I had an Electrolux for a long time. It worked great and I only had to throw it out when the wire started to fray. My mother had actually received it at her bridal shower over 40 years ago. It lasted all that time and we used it almost daily. I don't know how much it cost, but I can't imagine it being very expensive in 1969. It saved us a lot of money over the years. It worked great for so many years. It was a pretty big unit. But it fit everywhere. It was so easy to maneuver. And it picked up like a charm. It was silver and white. Very nice looking. It was a big unit, but not too big that it was too cumbersome. It allowed us to pick up in a lot of tight areas. It was great. And we all miss it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

It did the job it was intended for, it cleans well and well worth the price I paid for it. If I was looking for one right now I would choose this brand again. The price is a tad expensive but it is well worth every penny I paid for it. I would definitely buy it again, if I had to at this moment. The look of it is very nice. Very sleek and clean looking. It comes in a few colors which I like and it isn't huge like some are. Easy to store. The size of this is really good. Not too big and it is easy to find a place to store it out of the way. It is a good size for my house.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

Everything worked perfectly. I had no issues with anything. Everything was fine. Very satisfied with the products. I would recommend them to all my friends and everyone I know. The value is fair given the price and products was very useful and helpful. Very happy customer. Product was good, easy and clean. Stylish and neat. Very pretty. I love everything the way the product looked. As far as packaging it's packages was also very nice. Lovely. Size was fair. Not too big nor not too little. It was perfect size. Very handy and just the right size for its purpose is. Size, shape and performance was all very well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I was very happy with the price and even more happy with the suction. It picks up every little piece of dirt or dust! It lessens my time spent cleaning by hours. With my old vacuum I had to go over the rugs several time. It is so much easier now. The price is more than what I would normally pay, but the quality is so much better! I am happy with what I spent because of the results I get. The appearance is nice. It is sleek and not too bulky. I am happy with it as far as vacuum cleaners go. It does look expensive. So I guess the over all look is great. It could be a little slimmer to fit better in a small area, but it works for us. I am over all happy with the size.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

When I first used this product I didn't think it could handle the task at hand but once I used it I knew right away I was wrong. It would clean the floor in one swipe. I was a little disappointed with the price. It was a little more expensive than the other vacuum cleaners. Once I used it I knew where my money was spent. The design of this particular product is flashy and modern and very sleek. It was very easy to use as well and we couldn't even hear the thing when we turned it on. It was a bit clunky and didn't fit in our usual spot where we put our old vacuum. We had to find a new spot in our garage for it but it's not that big of a deal.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Purchased a vacuum from electrolux that lasted for 15 years, longer than any other vacuum we've purchased. There were no performance issues during this period. Although more expensive than other models the longevity of the brand offset the higher cost. This vacuum brand is definitely one I would recommend. Although outdated today, at the time the brand was stylish and sleek, in line with the trends of the day. A great overall product in terms of vacuums. The model we purchased was a bit bulky, especially compared to today's standards. However, the solid performance and durability offsets the size.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The product worked great and it well exceeded all my expectations. It was a great product and I will definitely use it again. The value is great for what you get. It's very worth the money. And I would definitely recommend this product because you get a great value. The appearance of this product is very sleek and would look great in any kind of house. It's just a very good looking product and it should fit any kind of style. The size of the product is perfect for anyone. It's a great size for the price. Very good product from a great company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

The product performance is very reliable and great. I have had zero issues - knocks on wood!!!. The product's value is greater than great. It is definitely worth it and is worth every penny spent. Will last forever and always. The appearance is very modern and innovative. I love it so much. It looks very sleek and spiffy. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that is in the market. The size is perfect. I have zero complaints about this product. It is great and would buy it again if possible. I recommend this for everyone!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

We have three cats and a dog in a small apartment, so we vacuum almost every single day and need something that can really deep clean. So we have high standards! Thus far the vacuum has been fantastic. I say thus far because it's only been a few months and the real test of a vacuum is how long it lives. I can't be certain about the value until I know how long the vacuum lasts, but as of yet I'm very pleased with its performance and with the price that I paid for that performance. There hasn't been any issue with upkeep either, and it gets the job done faster than the one we used to have.

It looks fine, but I don't really care how it looks! In our situation, function is absolutely everything. The size is good. It's not as small as a shark or something, but it's not so bulky that it's a chore to get around or hide in the closet when there's company. A little smaller would be better. But as I said before it's a reasonable size to get around the apartment and keep in the closet. The attachments help get into corners but they really add to the bulk of the vacuum. Honestly I'd rather they come separately and just skip the bells and whistles for attaching them to the vacuum.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Its design makes it great for hard to reach areas. It's a great value for the price. It is sure to last long because of its performance and its durability. It does great work. It's a very powerfully designed machine, and it should last for years. It's worth the price just based on all that alone. A great buy for most consumers. I like its design. It's sleek, and it's lightweight. It's perfect because the size doesn't sacrifice any power or durability. A very simple outward design, but it works. Its size is my favorite thing about this. In a lot of other small vacuums, power is sacrificed in order to get that size. With this, it's perfect because it's lightweight and powerful.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

The Electrolux is one of the best performing vacuums I have ever owned. It has great suction and power when cleaning. I love using it on hard to get jobs, it vacuums everything! Although quite pricey for a vacuum cleaner, I find that the quality far outweighs the cost. You won't be disappointed in purchasing a vacuum from Electrolux. The sleek, modern design of this vacuum is very appealing. It doesn't appear clunky or outdated, and the form doesn't affect the functionality, which I love! The size of the vacuum was smaller than I had anticipated, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work just as hard! Don't be fooled by the small frame this machine has.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

The Electrolux vacuum suctions up my waist-length hair that gets into my rugs, along with my dog and cat fur! I don't have to vacuum two or three times to get up all of the hair like I did with my dirt devil! It saves me time, and money in the long run as this vacuum is built to last. Definitely high value! This vacuum cleaner easily cleans up my long hair, and my dog and cat fur. I also invite a lot of guests over and the grit from their shoes vacuums right up!

I'm happy with the appearance of my Electrolux vacuum. So much so, that I leave it out always. Then when company is over, it always looks like I was just about to clean if I didn't get to it! Ha! I'm kidding! Honestly, it does look nice enough to leave out as it's a sleeker design than other vacuum models. The Electrolux vacuum isn't as gigantic as some of the vacuums you've probably seen (and still use) from the 90's. Its sleek design is of a smaller scale, which makes my back feel much better during and after cleaning with my arthritis.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Happy that this product is good and has a year warranty. We will keep using this company because they have excellent customer service. Yes, it's now an Electrolux world! The value is amazing as we priced all other companies to find the best price and it turned out to be Electrolux. I will be giving my approval to many of my friends and family to use this company also in the future.

The product has a fantastic look and works really great. I have recommended to everyone about these products from Electrolux. Next time we need any kind of product like this we will check out Electrolux first. The electrolux product has a great size and works really well. A couple of my friends have taken my approval rating and also are buying products from this company.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Cleans pet hair better than Dyson. Easy to maintain. My housekeeper prefers this brand over many others, including the Dyson animal. The suction outperforms the Shark. Forget Hoover. For the price, this is the best quality you can buy. Shop around, you won't find a better product. You will love using it for all your flooring needs, wood, laminate, carpet, tile, and more. This must have been designed by Vera Wang, the lines are so beautiful. If a beautiful vacuum is important, this is for you. You have beautiful floors, why not invest in this attractive, well developed, easy to use product for your home, family, and pets. The size is perfect. Not too big, not too small, easy to handle. If you are petite, you can handle the size, no problem. The size is perfect, outstanding, winning over Dyson all day long.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

This vacuum works efficiently and does not make too much noise. Changing of the bags is easy and doesn't take a lot of work to clean it. The price point on this vacuum is tremendous. You really get your bang for your buck and it has a good longevity. I would definitely recommend. It's small enough to not take up too much closet space which is great. The look is very modern and there are many colors to choose from. It has a good size. It's not too small and not too big. It fits nicely in my closet or under my bed. Great vacuum for small closets and people without space.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

The product did everything I hoped it would and more. The suction was very powerful. It was the best vacuum I have ever purchased. I would recommend over a Dyson. The value for what the vacuum does is very worth it. Compared to other products and their performance, I definitely think this one is well worth the price. I like the appearance of the vacuum. I think it is modern-looking. I think that this item looks different and has a style of its own from others of the same quality. The size is very manageable. Some vacuums are very cumbersome and very hard to use and lug around. This one is quite easy to move and use.

Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Electrolux is a Swedish company noted as the world's second-largest appliance maker. It also uses the name Eureka as its vacuum brand.

• Diverse designs: Electrolux makes a range of vacuum designs that includes upright, canister and cordless options.

• Wide price range: Consumers can find Electrolux vacuums at prices from around 100 to 1,000 dollars.

• HEPA Filters: The HEPA filters included with most Electrolux vacuums can remove 99.97 percent of a home's dust and allergens.

• Online orders: The Electrolux website makes it easy to order vacuums online.

• Replacement parts: Consumers can purchase replacement parts easily to keep vacuums in good condition.

• Best for: Electrolux's diverse vacuum designs are useful for homeowners, drivers, landlords and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs