3.17/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

12 Edgestar Wine Cooler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

We purchased a CWR361FD 36 bottle built in wine refrigerator with dual cooling zones. Approximately 18 months after the purchase it failed to cool. Tech support at Edgestar offered two options: the first one was to use the easiest and least expensive fix and the second was to purchase a new refrigerator at a slightly reduced price. Our repairman tried the first option and replaced the control board. That did not work because the condenser was defective and failed to operate. The repair tech said that the labor required to replace the condenser would be far more than the defective refrigerator was worth. Paying for a new Edgestar unit was out of the question because we would be "throwing good money after bad" and we were disappointed that the matter could not be brought to satisfactory closure. Unfortunately, we felt that the integrity of Edgestar products is questionable and we purchased a wine refrigerator from a different manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I purchased this wine refrigerator in March of 2016. Shortly after installing and beginning to use it the product failed to cool. It was promptly replaced - but I had to find a way to dispose of the original unit. Now less than a year later the replacement unit has failed in the exact same manner. The unit fails to cool to the set temperature and is at least 10 degrees warmer than it should be. I purchased a service plan and am now getting a major run around from the service provider. I have called numerous times, sometimes I never even reach a representative. I have spoken to 3 different reps each promising to get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. None ever do. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase this unit.

Get expert buying tips about Wine Refrigerators and Coolers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2017

When we first bought this wine cooler, it worked well. However, a one year warranty is insufficient. The upper zone failed after about 18 months. We called the service department and they sold us a new circuit board. That got the fan going, but the upper zone still didn't cool. The service department then sold us a replacement cooling node. There were no instructions on how to install this complicated part; the online video they pointed us to was for a different model and skipped quickly through the most important parts like how to connect the wires.

Worse yet, the new cooling node did not restore the unit to proper working condition. So now we have spent $64 on 2 replacement parts and several hours of labor, in addition to the purchase price of the unit, and this piece of junk still doesn't work properly. Finally, the most maddening issue is the company's response to my email asking for help. They responded that I should consult an appliance repair person.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I purchased (5-29-2015) a "built-in beverage cooler" model CBR1501SLD. This is for my outdoor kitchen. When I did a search on Google for outdoor beverage coolers this came up. I purchased this for $699.00 plus a 3 year warranty of $59.99 provided by New Leaf. In June of 2017 still within my warranty period my beverage cooler stopped cooling, the fan stopped working. I called New Leaf and filed a claim, then the process was to contact Edgestar as well, which I did. I was told to wait 5 days, I heard nothing, I called on the 5th day and they told me my product is not covered as it is not an outdoor system.

I am furious that I paid so much for what I thought was an outdoor system (OF WHICH WHEN YOU DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR OUTDOOR BEVERAGE COOLERS THIS EDGESTAR COMES UP) and on top of it a warranty to find out it's not outdoor equipped and when I called around to all appliance technicians in the area not one person services this Edgestar! TOTAL RIPOFF.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

The size, the internal lighting, cooling features was really nice. I feel like it cools up really fast. Really impressed by the company and will also purchase more products in the future from them. Extra cooling and bracketed slots to keep more wine bottles. I love the colors they offer too. It was really strong and has worked well for the past 1 year. I am impressed. Will recommend to all my friends as it is so pretty and convenient. I'm happy to be able to use this product to bring happiness to my life. I now have cold wine to give at get-togethers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Edgestar Wine Cooler?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Adjustable shelving and temperature control and you can put this in your house or in a sunroom or even put it in your entertainment room alongside your bar. There is a different style to fit all needs and can be put anywhere in your house from your kitchen to your family room or alongside your bar in your entertainment room. I have had a great deal of moving around and this has held up through all my moves and I would recommend that you buy this product with the higher amount of storage for better entertaining. The price of this was the best in comparison to other wine cabinets on the market and you can get it in several different style and color to fit your needs.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I am very happy with my purchase. I was able to upgrade and expand my options with my wine cooler. I am very happy that I did. I would recommend this. I am glad that I chose to get added features of the wine cooler. It was a little bit extra, but I am happy with it. It does add a little bit extra quality of life to you. The wine cooler is very strong and durable. You can move it anywhere you want it and it will hold up to the wear and tear that is needed of a product as such. I really enjoy the product because I entertain a lot and this has helped me to throw a lot of parties, and it holds a lot of wine, and chills it just wonderfully.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I like the way that I am able to easily and quickly move and remove the shelves and man it's nice because you are always putting different sizes in at any time. The shelves are nice and easy to move and also the temp works great and also nice and easy to change. The durability is good because this thing takes some abuse.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

This wine refrigerator was very unique and durable and is appealing and very customizable indeed. Has all I was looking for in a wine cooler. Great function. The features on this are the utmost top of the line. I am satisfied. This product is extremely durable because it is from a high quality manufacturing brand and I know that it is made with the very best quality. It is a very well established brand with all the latest high tech features.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Mine is an upright two door wine cooler. It has adjustable temp settings and will stand on its own or on top of something. It is stainless steel, temp controlled, 36 bottle holder, dual temp settings. It could go on top of something or under a counter type place. It even had door locks on both doors. We moved twice and it stayed durable. It still sits but nonfunctional as we purchased a new one for our new kitchen. This one is out in the garage in case my husband decided to use it. At the time of purchase, we spent a little over 1000 dollars for this specific wine cooler. It was quite the expense but with all the amenities it comes with, it was worth it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

It is stainless, easy to set up, customizable and decorative. I store a lot of my various wines in this refrigerator and is able to fit various bottle sizes. I really enjoy using this product and would recommend to others. The features offered are able to meet all of my needs in a wine cooler. It keeps my wines cool and allows me to store conveniently within my home. I would recommend this product and found it both very functional and practical to have within in my home. It does not take up a lot of space and is a lot of fun to use. It is both affordable and allows me to get the functions that I want without spending an arm and a leg. It is highly affordable and has room for additional growth.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

There's not a whole lot of options but it's still amazing for what it does. It keeps my wine cool and organized, so I love it and I'm happy with it. It has a little light above the wine bottles that make it look really neat and the doors are see through which is my favorite thing about my wine cooler. I love the look and feel to it. I got it for Christmas a few years and it's held up perfectly. I've never had a single issue. You get what you pay for. The quality is outstanding. It was actually a little bit expensive for a wine cooler... Out of my budget for one. Luckily it was a gift.

Edgestar Wine Cooler expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

A marquee brand for Living Direct, Inc., Edgestar’s products are designed specifically for small spaces and portable use. Their wine coolers are available as built-in or freestanding, and they also sell wine kegs with single or dual taps.

• Wine keg: Edgestar sells wine keg dispensers with either single or dual taps. Their wine keg dispenser includes a keg. These systems are eco-friendly, since they eliminate the need for bottles or corks. They also protect wine from light and easily convert for beer dispensing. Edgestar’s wine kegs are ideal for wine enthusiasts, frequent entertainers, bars and restaurants.

• Range of sizes: Edgestar’s wine coolers range in capacity from 12-155 bottles, ensuring that they have a solution to meet the spatial needs of any wine enthusiast.

• Direct ordering: Order your wine cooler directly from Edgestar’s website. Receive free shipping on most orders with guaranteed next-day shipping.

• Warranty: Enjoy a one-year warranty on parts and labor with your Edgestar wine cooler purchase.

• Online support: Watch support videos, find your owner’s manual and read through troubleshooting tips any time you have a problem with your Edgestar wine cooler. If your problem still isn’t solved, call their customer service phone number, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• Best for: Edgestar wine coolers are best for wine enthusiasts, frequent entertainers, small home dwellers, bars and restaurants.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Edgestar Wine Cooler Company Information

www.edgestar.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business