Find a Water Heaters partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Ecosmart Water Heater Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ecosmart Water Heater?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ecosmart Water Heater?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

First one I purchased lasted a little over a year before it started leaking, customers service said it was due to lack of maintenance. Second one last a little over a year and started leaking but this time it started a fire inside the unit, burning the wires to a crisp. I'm waiting for the excuses from Ecosmart about this one. I have pictures to prove to them what happened.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The installation was a lovely and simple process. I did not do much of anything, just stood around in my robe while some strapping young men installed it for me. Afterward, I gave them lemonade. I do rather like the fact that it had "Eco" in the name. I attempt to live a fairly environmentally friendly lifestyle and this helps me feel like I'm adding to that goal. However, the water from this heater does not seem to get very hot. Perhaps that could be based on user error, but I have altered settings and it doesn't ever seem to get quite as toasty as I would like it to. Overall it has been a fairly decent experience. It has performed its job adequately, if not impressively, though that could be due to the capacity or possibly due to user error, as if I would ever admit that.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The unit was Installed by builders perfectly. It was in the home when we arrived and the area was spotless with no complaints or issues - we were impressed and are happy. The water temperature is good and consistent. There is always enough time for normal evening use - no leaks experienced - the family is happy. It has been Reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I had 2 great installers. They were on time, a bit early in fact, but called ahead to make sure their early arrival would be OK. Professional yet friendly, nice & courteous. The unit works very well. The only time I had a problem with it was when my basement flooded. The pilot went out, but I quickly discovered that it was surprisingly easy to relight if necessary. I specifically like the Lifetime Guarantee and customer service is fantastic and available 24/7. It is the best water heater I have ever had and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: July 13, 2017

When I purchased the water heater, the people who came in to install the water heater were very quick and the whole process was fast and easy. There were no delays and I felt that everyone went smoothly. Specific things that I like about the brand of the water heater is that the customer service is very quick and the warranty is able to be covered within two years. I really enjoy the fact that should we have a problem there is someone right there to give me tips on how to fix it and if there are any parts that I need to purchase.

I really enjoy the durability that this thing provides and the amount of water that it can warm up pretty quickly. The way that it doesn't break, we've already had it for a couple of years now and it is still working fine. My experience with my water heater has been great and I am absolutely in love with this heater because it provides warmth for the water to my family and myself and everything else.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The Ecosmart Water Heater has been reliable, durable, environment-friendly, and not as expensive as others. It works great especially in the winter and we don't have to worry about water heating in our house. We have no issues with it even though it has been with us for more than 4 years. Customer service has been friendly and very helpful when we called to follow up about some things after we bought the heater.

Original review: July 10, 2017

The new water heater is great. Better pressure and it is just all around a better buy than the old one I had since it was the old one was leaking and my water prices have got a lot cheaper. I pick this brand of water softener because it seemed to be the most economy friendly and help save on water bills even though it was a little bit higher because it was going to pay off in the long run. The plumber was great and is reasonably priced to have it installed. A man explain how to use the heater and what's up to watch for just in case something were to go wrong.

Original review: July 9, 2017

So far it has exceeded our expectations and are very please with our Ecosmart water heater. We bought it out right from a local store and my husband is a maintenance worker so he is very aware of how things work and installed it himself with no issues at all. We really like our water heater because thus far had any issues with it. It heats up our water quickly and 4 people can take a shower close to one another without the water turning cold on one of us. It has worked great so far for us and we are hoping it will last us many years to come.

Original review: July 8, 2017

We have had our Ecosmart water heater for a while and it works as if it's new. There were no issues when it was installed. My experience with customer service was great as well. They were very helpful and answered all my questions. They were patient with me and they took care of all my issues and said to call back if I needed anything else.

The water heats up good with Ecosmart. It doesn't take long to heat up and it doesn't make any loud noises. I wish that everything works this good and I hope we don't have to change it for a long time. It will save a lot of money in the long run. We had one before and it was nothing but problems. I wish I found out about Ecosmart and bought it a lot sooner before I found our previous one. It would have stopped a lot of headaches in the past.

Original review: July 5, 2017

It's a good water heater system and it works terrific. It was recommended by the sales associate at the store we purchased the heater at. He stated that many people who have used this were very happy with the model and the performance. It was installed by a professional so we know it was done correctly. We would recommend it to anyone who asked us about it.

Ecosmart Water Heater Company Information