Easy-Off Oven CleanerConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
I bought a can of fume free oven cleaner, Easy Off, at my local Giant Eagle. I went to clean my stove today and sprayed the oven cleaner. The fumes from that can were so bad that I was coughing and choking on the fumes. The can says fume free but it is not in a blue can. UPC code on the can is 062338001784, number on bottom of can is 812009-NJ2. Other number is 0888H-8. Please advise. I was very lucky I did not get really sick but just made me cough and choke. Eyes were burning very badly too.
The spray nozzle stops spraying 1/2 through the product. I have purchased 2 different cans in a row that do this. There is plenty of product in the can, but when you depress the nozzle nothing will come out. It's not a cheap enough product to just keep throwing away.
My 3 year old son got a can out of the garbage and pushed the nozzle, it sprayed everywhere getting on his face and in his eye. I have to take him to the Dr today. His face is burned badly almost bleeding and I don't know if he can see completely out of his eye. I don't see how he could with the way his face looks it immediately burned him badly, even burned his hair.
At the end of a commercial a $2.00 rebate offer flashed on the screen for approximately 5 seconds. I seen this ad twice in the past week and both times it was impossible to capture the email address. If it was a genuine offer the ad would have been shown for sufficient time to get the address. I just want to report poor business practices by Easy Off Oven Cleaner.
On 11/3/04 I was attempting to clean my oven for the holidays. I had preheated my oven and sprayed the inside with the oven cleaner. After waiting 15 minutes I removed the oven racks and attempted to spray them. The nozzle on the can spurted in all directions and I was hit full-force in the face with the chemical.
I was blinded for several days due to the burns to the eyes, and have also recieved second and third-degree burns to my entire face. I am under the care of three doctors, and I have been told that I am having to under go skin grafting on my cheeks and throat.
This has been a very painful process and I believe the oven cleaner company should be held responsible for the injuries to my face.
Damage Resulting: 2nd and 3rd degree burns, staph infection and loss of some of my vision.
Marie should immediately contact a skilled, experienced, aggressive personal injury attorney. She should not communicate with the company in any manner until she has retained competent legal counsel. Companies don't voluntarily compensate victims of incidents involving their products.
- 1,143,482 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Company Information
- Company Name:
- Easy-Off Oven Cleaner