Eastern Jungle Gym

Compare Backyard Swings and Playsets

Research top Backyard Swings and Playsets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We love the playset/backyard gym our family purchased from Eastern Jungle Gym. We selected the Eastern Jungle Gym brand because we had friends who had purchased from this company and loved the durability of their swing set and the time that their children spent using their backyard gym. The installation process was quite simple as the installers arrived in a timely manner and set up the gym and explained safety issues to us. With 6 children in our home, it has given us years of high quality, safe, and fun backyard time for our daughters. We love how durable and strong this backyard set has been. We paid a bit more for it, but it has held up well over the years and we are hoping it holds up well for grandchildren someday!

I searched online for swing sets and did research on pricing, features, shipping, and reviews from other consumers and found Eastern Jungle Gym to have the best of these. I ordered it online and had it shipped to my home. I'm rather handy when it comes to assembling and novice carpentry, so it was easy and rather enjoyable putting it together, especially knowing that it would likely stand for more than a decade. I really like the robust construction of the Eastern Jungle Gym playset I purchased. The materials are of high quality and I believe it may even be around to serve duty for my grandkids, and they are likely some years off! It was pretty pricey, but I expect that for such a quality product. But if I had to be incredibly nitpicky, there is a slight tendency for the area where the chain and seat meet to pinch your side, ever so slightly, if you sit in a very specific condition, and only me (not my child or wife).

Eastern Jungle Gym was great!!! Very easy to set up and the girlfriend and kids help. It looks like it will last a long time and just what we were looking for. It's a trusted brand and I use their archery arrows and it was the toughest ones we seen. I would like more colors to pick from... more add on and that way it can grow with the kids.

I researched playsets online, read reviews, looked for the most durable and safe one then ordered online. The online reviews and description was very helpful in purchasing the product and I looked up the safest set and this one also came up. I like the look and design of the playset, it has extra safety features which most sets don't have. I like that it's colorful and compliments my backyard. The neighbors' kids even play on it and like it too. It's like a local playground on our street. However I would like it if it had walls in the house part, it just has a roof and when I first saw it I hesitated in fear of my son falling from that height. I also was concerned about the wood, how it was treated and how long it would hold up.

We shopped around online until we found the features and price we were looking for before we went out to purchase the Eastern Jungle Gym playset. Thank God my hubby is a carpenter/machinist as we assembled it ourselves. My kids loved their playset. They liked the adventure aspect of it. They enjoy the swings, climbing and running around on it. It is something the neighborhood kids love as well. However, we put a preservative on it every year to help it last longer as our first gym did not weather well. A better quality of stain so it will last longer would be greatly appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Jungle Gym?

The Eastern Jungle Gym playset is made of wood, strong and durable. It has all the features the kids liked. Swings, slide, ropes to climb, tower to play in. Hours of fun they had. The monkey bars are the right height for kids. It took all day and then a few hours the next day to fully assemble it. The instructions were typical instructions, hard to follow, but knew how to build it anyway. It could have came with soft padding that you didn't have to buy extra. The ropes were kinda rough so softer ropes would have been nice. The swings had to be replaced in a couple years. They're not too resistant to the heat of Arizona, so better swings needed.

I like very much the matter with which the Eastern Jungle Gym columpio is made, and also the colors. I also like that it is very resistant to water, it is of matter that does not affect the environment, the price was an important but not decisive factor and above all I can rely on this brand. I like that my children can have fun without having to worry about their safety because these kind of patio swings are excellent and the safety they show is magnificent. However, I wish it could become another type of games that my children would enjoy the same way as a ladder or some kind of challenge to climb. Since children often lose interest in games as they cease to mean a new challenge for them.

I shopped around for about three months to find the perfect swing set for my kids and I found this set while searching on google. I ordered the play set from the manufacturer's website and the purchasing and shipping process was pretty easy. I helped my husband assemble the set and the installation and assembly was easy. But I would recommend having someone very handy to install and assemble this play set. Also, it would be nice to have more modern finishes on the set. I would also like to see bigger set, with more activities for children all in one. But I love this swing set. I love the sleekness of the design, how modern it looks in my backyard and the classic finish of the wood.

Was able to choose from many models with many types of activity sets to choose from to make my child happy with the set that I purchased for him and his friends to play on in our yard. But would have liked a little more customization choices with individual pieces that can be purchase separately so that I can choose the set my child would like to have and my child could pick the activities that he would like and not just get what is offered in a package deal.

Looked online at options and Eastern Jungle Gym was safe. Very simple one day install and 3 day delivery. I could not ask for a better deal. Everything worked out great. I like all the features that it offers. Different aspects are needed. Very easy and fun to play on plus many options with ways to play. I like that the slide is safe and easy to slide down. The structure's solid. The way it sits give confidence on it supporting kids. The playset seems to make kids happy so I’m content with it. It gives me a feeling of security for my kids to play on. Also the look in backyard is eye appealing. But it is improvable by adding a swing that looks like a flying animal of some sort and also maybe umbrella of a way to block sun. Sometimes things get hot and you like them to be cool.

I went online to research many brands, I was looking for something that was durable and easy to install - the process was very simple as they said it would be. I like that it's safe for my children, and that the whole experience for setting up and installation was very easy to do. It is showing some early signs of rusting but it's not a big deal and it's very durable and safe. My child still enjoys the swingset to this day.

I selected Eastern Jungle Gym because of the price that it was and the size. The major thing that I like about it is that it was very easy to assemble and install. And the other thing is that the people I bought it for loved it. The only thing you might need is some extra help. Also, the major thing that i disliked about it is that it looks a little cheap as it is made of plastic and I have a feeling that it wont stand the test of time very well.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Eastern Jungle Gym has been designing, manufacturing and distributing quality wooden swingsets since 1992. It has over 60 models of swingsets that are broken down into four series: Straight-base, Angled-base, Multi-deck and Freestanding series. Eastern Jungle Gym also makes multiple swingset accessories, parts and hardware and slide options. All of its products include a 15-year warranty on all wooden components.

• Straight-base series: Eastern Jungle Gym’s Straight-Base series is the best choice for consumers who have sloped or uneven backyards. Their unique leveling system eliminates the need for landscape restructuring, which can cost a lot of money. This series also allows for multiple activities beneath the clubhouse, including a sandbox. The Straight-Base series has three models: Dreamscape, Dream and Ultimate. Consumers can visit the website for a full list of specifications and features.
  • Angle-base series: The Angled-Base series is designed using a wide stance which allows for optimum space beneath the clubhouse. This series was specifically designed with the tire swing in mind, leaving plenty of room for a tire swing to be hung underneath the clubhouse and accommodate up to three kids. The Angle-Base series includes three models: Supremescape, Supreme and Extreme. This series is designed for consumers with mostly level backyards, although some incline is fine.
  • Multi-deck series: Eastern Jungle Gym’s Multi-Deck Base series is its largest line of swingsets and combines all of its design models into one. The large size of these swingsets allows consumers to choose multiple accessories and setups to customize their swingset. There are four models in the Multi-Deck Series: Sky, Fantasy, Fantasy Tree House and Imagination. A full specification list is available online for each model.
  • Freestanding series: The Freestanding series follows the classic A-frame design of classic swingsets. These can hold swings, tires and bench swings. The Freestanding swingsets feature an 8-foot high swing beam and a 12-foot by 8-foot footprint.
  • Pricing: Prices for the Straight-Bases series range from $1,400-$2,474. Models in the Angle-Based series range from $1,699-$3,204. Multi-Deck models range from $3,499-$6,495. Finally, Freestanding models range from $599-$999.
  • Best for consumers looking for multiple swingset options.

Compare Backyard Swings and Playsets