2. Homeowners

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Dyson Vacuums
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: June 30, 2020

I purchased 2 Dyson vacuum cleaners. The pet stick vac and a Ball vac 3 years ago. The stick vac was a pet vacuum. It broke after 2 years. Parts were replaced and then the battery failed. The ball vac’s wheel just broke off. Contacted Dyson, No response from Dyson at all. Paid good money hoping to have a vacuum for the next 10 years. My Nilfisk was so much better.

Original review: June 21, 2020

While the Dyson Ball Animal 2 vacuum has the best suction I've ever experienced, the attachments are not strong enough to handle it. In order to go from carpet to floor I have to attach the flathead to the hose. The hose is weak and compresses under the power of the vacuum. The stand up vacuum is constantly falling over so that I have to struggle to hold it upright while trying to keep the hose extended so that it will keep vacuuming. It is the hardest vacuum to use and therefore the worst I've ever owned. Unfortunately, I bought it with the intentions of gifting it and when I decided to keep it I was way past the return policy of COSTCO where I purchased it. I wish I could get my money back but will probably just dump it and get a Shark.

Original review: May 29, 2020

On May 6, I ordered my DYSON CYCLONE V10 MOTORHEAD, directly from Dyson. I got it 5 days later, and it was not working. Called the company and after a good 45 minutes wait, and after they cleared up that I indeed plugged it in (being treated as an idiot didn’t feel so good) they concluded I need a new charger (I explained that it’s rather urgent to get since my old vacuum was not working anymore. I got it 10 days later, and the vacuum was still not working. I spend another hour on the phone with Dyson and this time they said I should return it for an exchange, and they would ship a new one the moment UPS is picking up my return (this was a pleasant experience even if it took a very long time).

Yesterday May 28, I decided that I can not wait any longer for a vacuum cleaner so I bought a new one, from a different brand. One hour wait to explain that I just want the money back from Dyson, I finally got to talk with an agent. Of course they had no record of them having to send a new one, and after another 30 minutes or so, the agent got the blessing to proceed with doing a refund for my vacuum that was already on the way. I asked that she sends me an email confirming the return and refund...and we got disconnected. Of course she could have called me back, she had my number, of course she could have send an email confirming the return and refund, but no such luck or service. They want me to spend another hour or two to deal with this. SO HORRIBLE CLIENT SERVICE! AND A PRODUCT THAT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED WAS DEFECTIVE DAY ONE!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I bought a Dyson 6 years ago. Loved it. Worked great. Never needed anything. I replaced this Dyson with another one, the Animal 2. I am extremely disappointed and deeply frustrated. This is an expensive machine that worked for about seven months before needing $125 in repair. If you want a crappy product that costs tons of money and works so well that it will destroy your rugs, but then stop working appropriately, then get the Animal 2. If you want a good quality product that works well, get anything else. I am beyond frustrated with myself for not listening to the other negative reviews.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Shame on you Dyson Australia. I needed to replace the Drive Assembly (Part Number DY-9667620) in the head unit of V6 Animal DC59 94988801. Genuine spare parts are available in UK, Europe and USA. In Australia they don't keep spare parts and you are forced to buy a much more expensive complete head assembly rather than a spare part for a fraction of the cost. Then you are forced dispose of the old unit which goes to landfill. Not good for the environment and costly for the retail customer.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Received a DC14 Full Kit as a gift years ago. I am the original and only owner. Product states “No filter replacement costs”. I wash the filter as directed and it has slowly been disintegrating. This time, the filter crumbled. Called Dyson and was forced to buy a new filter even though it’s supposedly a lifetime guarantee. Dyson would not stand behind it and offered me a discount instead. A discount is not a “No filter replacement costs”. There are no asterisks or caveats on this statement so it seems it is just plain FALSE. Owners should know there is no lifetime guarantee on the HEPA filter on these crazy expensive vacuums. Forget what the stickers on the product states - it’s a lie. Perhaps it’s on the tiny print in the owners manual that you can only read after you buy it and the most owners throw away. Still deceptive since lifetime guarantees on this and that are selling points they tout.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The design is very convenient and practical. It's easy to understand and assemble. The suction is not always reliable, even with a full charge. Sometimes it runs better than others. The brush attachment to use as handheld vacuum does not seem to work very well. It is difficult to suck things up when using it as a handheld/short/compact vacuum. I have an apartment so I just leave the charger on the floor but once I have a house I look forward to mounting it on the wall.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have two Dyson vacuums. I have a standard size and a small cordless. Honestly, I love the cordless one so much and it works so good I end up using it most of the time. I had an issue once and called customer service. They troubleshot with me and sent me a new filter that fixed the problem.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Wish I’d gotten my Dyson a long time ago. So easy to use and clean. I installed the charging unit in a handy place so can grab it and clean up a big area or small. The charge is more than sufficient to clean anything I need it for. Got one for home and loved it so much that I got a second for a vacation home. And I NEVER complain about vacuuming!

Original review: May 15, 2020

I love my Dyson animal vacuum. It picks up everything, especially the dog and cat hair, which I have a lot of having two dogs and two cats. They shed year around and this vacuum picks up every last hair. It’s the only vacuum that I have owned that works this well. I will always own a dyson. Best of all vacuums that I have bought.

Dyson Vacuums Company Information