2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Dyna-Glo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyna-Glo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyna-Glo?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I received the grill for Mother’s Day. I couldn’t wait to use it. Easy to clean, and great for grilling everything. There is plenty of grilling space and an area to keep your food warm while you continue to grill. Great for small patios.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I am not sure if all models are alike, but the one I purchased is very unsafe. The food gets on high flames very easily. I had to make some modifications on my own in order to avoid from keep happening. The 2nd issue is that again, due to the poor design, the grease leaks straight onto the floor. The little pan that comes with it to hold the grease is more like a little toy and not exactly an efficient method of holding the grease. There are more issues, but I think these are enough to warn the next consumer to avoid this purchase. Simply poorly designed product.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Bought the Dyna-Glo grill DGE530BSP-D 5 burner gas grill March 28, 2014. It's under a large porch roof, covered when not in use 85% of the time. Just this spring has little tiny dots of rust at the bottom front under the two doors. The SS grates are starting to peel the SS off. Overall, a very good grill, heats well, maintains 500 degrees for baking Pizza well. The SS shelves and hood sides are in excellent condition, scratches here and there but look similar to new. Castors are still free wheeling, door are operating properly (No rust.) Will get new grates but are hard to find exactly as when new. Many offer cast iron grates with porcelain coating, not my favorite. I've had many top line grills in 50 years and this one is the top! Only wish is that the company offer the exact same grates as when I bought it new.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The Dyna-Glo Grills look like a bargain at first however, after two years of use, the grease drip pan has completely rusted out. My grill has been covered and under a patio with a roof. Keeping that in mind, the grill should have lasted much longer considering I cleaned it about every two weeks. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I bought one 2 years ago. Kept in my large garage all time, when not in use as well as cleaned it after each use. Went to open to grill and notice the heath plates had falling into the grill the bracers and totally rusted out, after I totally checked the grill looked like a totally a rusted bucket, burners, heath plates, the shell with holes a totally a lost, called the CSGroup and the only thing they could do replace the parts, I could not use the parts because the grill was be on repair. I do not recommend these grills at all. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought the three burner Dyna-Glo grill and ordered a cover fork. It the two - three burner cover was way too small so I returned it and bought a four burner cover. The four burner cover was way too big. Do they make a cover to fit a three burner.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The back half of the grill has always cooked hotter/faster than the front half. Not terrible to deal with as I just move the items around during grilling to cook evenly. The major downfall is rusting. After only one year of use the bottom completely rusted and fell out leaving a large hole beneath the burners. The cooking grate and heat tents are also rusting and would need to be replaced soon if the grill was worth keeping. This grill was routinely cleaned and covered after use. It was also kept under a covered patio out of rain and direct sunlight in a climate with mild winters (never snows).

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I bought this about a year ago and every time I change out the gas canister, the thing won’t light more than a barely-there flame that is useless. I cannot count on it to fire up! After leaving it sitting for days, sometimes it will work, sometimes not. In short, even with a brand new tank, it behaves like it’s running on fumes! Buyer beware!

Original review: July 7, 2018

We bought one 2 years ago. Kept it covered when not in use as well as cleaned it after each use. Went to open it this summer and the entire grill had totally fell apart. The bottom came right out. I do not recommend these grills at all. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The best quality of all is how evenly it distributes the heat. The cost to purchase this grill was a great buy. I also like the vast diversity of the different size food that can be prepared. I would like for this brand to be able to be bought at more retailers. Also a larger selection to choose from in stores and not just catalogs or online. My best experience is how cooking out on the grill brings family and friends together. It's great from just roasting up marshmallows to cooking a large brisket. Very happy customer.

Dyna-Glo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyna-Glo is one of many brands sold by GHP Group, Inc. The company is a leader in both indoor and outdoor living, selling products that include grills, patio heat lamps and fire pits. Dyna-Glo grills and smokers are available online and at retailers nationwide.

• Range of types: Dyna-Glo grills are available as smokers, gas or charcoal grills, making them a versatile option for consumers.

• Fast shipping: All online orders are shipped out within three to five days, so you can have your grill or smoker ready to fire up shortly after you order it.

• Full refund: All GHP Group orders are eligible for a no-hassle 30-day refund if you find you aren’t satisfied with your purchase.

• Accessories for your outdoor space: Fully accessorize your outdoor living space in one shopping trip. Buy your choice of heated lamps, fire pits and grill and smoker covers to create your personal outdoor living oasis.

• Dual fuel grill: Not sure if you want a charcoal or gas grill? There’s no need to choose when you buy Dyna-Glo’s dual fuel grill. You’ll have the best of both worlds with a grill that is charcoal on one side and gas on the other.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team