2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

3.2/5 (26 ratings)

About Dyna-Glo

Dyna-Glo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyna-Glo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyna-Glo?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

A few years ago our power went out, at this time I lived next door to 2 beautiful elderly (I will use the name of god-mothers 1 & 2) ladies. The storm was so bad that a tree fell across my fence from god-mothers 1 yard, it was winter time, awfully cold, 20 below with the wind chill factor, I was able to turn on my generator so my newborn and mother were warm, I then ran an electric cord across my lot to godmother #1 house. I then ran another cord across my lot then across godmother #1 yard across another lot then into godmother #2 house so they could have light, I then went and brought 2 brand new 80,000 btu heaters, I hooked 1 in each one of their homes. I myself have wood burning stoves in my workshop and 1 in the back of my house with plenty of chopped up logs, so everything was good so I thought, day 2 godmom 2 called me telling me the heater went out, so I take 5 gallons of fuel with me.

As I filled it I notice that the front of the heater was wet, I wipe it off and start the thing, thats when I noticed there was too much fuel coming out of the nozzle, I knew that heater should run a entire day because you can set the thermostat, so I pour out all of the fuel and take it back, they have no more in stock omg so I go back home and tell her the news, so it was decide that she just stay right with mom #1, day 3 they come over for lunch, both godmothers show and teach us how they had to cook back in their days with the wood burning stove.

My mother had died when I first brought this house, I was going to fix it up for her, so after she died, I just moved in and these 2 ladies were like angels, it turned out to be so so mush fun, they slept over so the could watch tv and take baths and was a big help with the new born, it allowed his mother to get some much needed rest, day 4 I went to check on the heater and it too was using so much fuel and again when it came on you could clearly see fuel is just pouring out, so I shut it down, so I had small electrical heaters, I go down in the basement and I blocked off the area that had the boiler and hot water heater. Made sure the gas in both houses turned off, I then turned the heater on, I then went upstairs and placed a heater in the bathroom and closed the door, knowing that heat rises and the fact that all water pipes are basically right above each other, I felt confident that the water pipes would not freeze.

I went next door to godmom #2 house and did the same thing. Day five comes and the power is restored, I empty the heaters and leave the top off of them so the fuel would dry up. The next week I call to see if the heaters came. I just want to exchange them. A few days later the same thing, but they have heaters in but not mu models, so finally I say forget it. I will just take them back for refund, get in the store only to be told the 15 day exchange or refund has been missed by 2 days, omg the store manager told me he will allow an exchange and was to call me when they came in.

I get home and start searching the internet and I file a complaint with the store and then with what I thought was the company's name is not. Seem as though whatever co. that sells them puts their name on them, it's been like 3 or 54 years now and I had forgot about the heaters. I attempted to use one tonight m I had forgot the problem I was having until I plugged in the heaters. Wow 2 brand new heaters and I haven't been able to use these cheap made heaters. Almost $400.00 just gone wasted smdh.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Would not recommend Dyna-Glo Grills. Started rusting in 2nd year and after 3 years, the drip pan, burner covers are rusted so bad that are falling into bottom of grill. The grill was covered when not in use. Seemingly a good buy at $289 from Walmart, would not buy again. Also will not buy another grill from Walmart.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I received the grill for Mother’s Day. I couldn’t wait to use it. Easy to clean, and great for grilling everything. There is plenty of grilling space and an area to keep your food warm while you continue to grill. Great for small patios.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I am not sure if all models are alike, but the one I purchased is very unsafe. The food gets on high flames very easily. I had to make some modifications on my own in order to avoid from keep happening. The 2nd issue is that again, due to the poor design, the grease leaks straight onto the floor. The little pan that comes with it to hold the grease is more like a little toy and not exactly an efficient method of holding the grease. There are more issues, but I think these are enough to warn the next consumer to avoid this purchase. Simply poorly designed product.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Bought the Dyna-Glo grill DGE530BSP-D 5 burner gas grill March 28, 2014. It's under a large porch roof, covered when not in use 85% of the time. Just this spring has little tiny dots of rust at the bottom front under the two doors. The SS grates are starting to peel the SS off. Overall, a very good grill, heats well, maintains 500 degrees for baking Pizza well. The SS shelves and hood sides are in excellent condition, scratches here and there but look similar to new. Castors are still free wheeling, door are operating properly (No rust.) Will get new grates but are hard to find exactly as when new. Many offer cast iron grates with porcelain coating, not my favorite. I've had many top line grills in 50 years and this one is the top! Only wish is that the company offer the exact same grates as when I bought it new.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The Dyna-Glo Grills look like a bargain at first however, after two years of use, the grease drip pan has completely rusted out. My grill has been covered and under a patio with a roof. Keeping that in mind, the grill should have lasted much longer considering I cleaned it about every two weeks. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I bought one 2 years ago. Kept in my large garage all time, when not in use as well as cleaned it after each use. Went to open to grill and notice the heath plates had falling into the grill the bracers and totally rusted out, after I totally checked the grill looked like a totally a rusted bucket, burners, heath plates, the shell with holes a totally a lost, called the CSGroup and the only thing they could do replace the parts, I could not use the parts because the grill was be on repair. I do not recommend these grills at all. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought the three burner Dyna-Glo grill and ordered a cover fork. It the two - three burner cover was way too small so I returned it and bought a four burner cover. The four burner cover was way too big. Do they make a cover to fit a three burner.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The back half of the grill has always cooked hotter/faster than the front half. Not terrible to deal with as I just move the items around during grilling to cook evenly. The major downfall is rusting. After only one year of use the bottom completely rusted and fell out leaving a large hole beneath the burners. The cooking grate and heat tents are also rusting and would need to be replaced soon if the grill was worth keeping. This grill was routinely cleaned and covered after use. It was also kept under a covered patio out of rain and direct sunlight in a climate with mild winters (never snows).

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I bought this about a year ago and every time I change out the gas canister, the thing won’t light more than a barely-there flame that is useless. I cannot count on it to fire up! After leaving it sitting for days, sometimes it will work, sometimes not. In short, even with a brand new tank, it behaves like it’s running on fumes! Buyer beware!

Dyna-Glo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyna-Glo is one of many brands sold by GHP Group, Inc. The company is a leader in both indoor and outdoor living, selling products that include grills, patio heat lamps and fire pits. Dyna-Glo grills and smokers are available online and at retailers nationwide.

• Range of types: Dyna-Glo grills are available as smokers, gas or charcoal grills, making them a versatile option for consumers.

• Fast shipping: All online orders are shipped out within three to five days, so you can have your grill or smoker ready to fire up shortly after you order it.

• Full refund: All GHP Group orders are eligible for a no-hassle 30-day refund if you find you aren’t satisfied with your purchase.

• Accessories for your outdoor space: Fully accessorize your outdoor living space in one shopping trip. Buy your choice of heated lamps, fire pits and grill and smoker covers to create your personal outdoor living oasis.

• Dual fuel grill: Not sure if you want a charcoal or gas grill? There’s no need to choose when you buy Dyna-Glo’s dual fuel grill. You’ll have the best of both worlds with a grill that is charcoal on one side and gas on the other.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team