Duro Corporation

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is a review for NXR DRGB3001. The range/oven came newly installed when we bought our house about a year ago. One of the top burners gave a gas smell when in use and after having a hard time finding someone to service it, we just came up with the awkward solution of not using that specific burner. However, last week, we noticed the oven was coming on about every couple hours, warming up, and shutting down, all by itself. Since this is a serious safety issue, we immediately started calling local appliance repair places. It turns out none of them service NXR brands. (We tried about 10 different places.) Then we started calling the number in the owner's manual. The messages we left were not returned. Finally my daughter got someone on the line but she was given the runaround (need to provide proof of purchase, purchase date, registration number, etc.).

We called them again and told them that we will pay for fixing it, we just need the information for someone in our area (Providence, RI) that handles NXR. They provided two phone numbers. The first turned out not to service NXR. As of yesterday, we are waiting for a call back on the second number. As I looked over the internet, the oven ignitor seems to cause problems for other owners too. And this seems like a serious and dangerous defect to me. Pointing out that this can potentially cause a fire to NXR did not get them moving. I am obviously very frustrated and trying to figure out how to pursue this. If no one services a product, it should not be sold in the first place.

BBQ came with no owner's manual or parts manual. I called Duro Corp and was told to go back to the store to get the owner's manual, as they didn't have one. I told them the door had a dent in it and that I would like to get a replacement. I was told they didn't have any parts for my BBQ either. WOW! I guess I'm out of luck if anything goes wrong with this thing. It's model #720-9612

My range had a clicking sound on the stove top & burners were working, but then I was cooking under broiler & roof of the oven caught fire. I had to put out with H2O to prevent major fire. Unit was only 14 months old. Out of warranty & now I am out $2k.

We ordered our range online from Appliance Connection. When the unit arrived it was missing several screws holding on various parts. We have had it for one year and now the oven will not light. I called Duro and they gave me the name of two appliance service companies in my area that will service NXR ovens. I called both companies and they said they were not familiar with NXR and could not service them. I called other companies in my area and no one would fix the oven. I guess I got LESS than what I paid for, a cheap oven with no support or service available. Should have spent the extra $3,000 and bought a Blue Star or other reputable brand with service available.

I purchased this range (Duro Corp / NXR 36") in Nov 2011 from AJ Madison, an online appliance dealer. We noticed, as soon as it was installed, there was a whistling noise coming from 4 of the 6 burners when you turned them to medium setting. It took 6 mos. for that problem to be resolved and still there is a slight problem with 1 burner but I decided it was not worth all the effort. A few weeks later, the oven wouldn't light. When the repair person came with the new igniter part (took weeks), we discovered the old gas ring had a hole blown in it, very dangerous! I love this range as far as appearance and the options on the burners, etc. However - it is a nightmare to get serviced and seems to be a piece of junk. We had not used the oven 25 times and it's this major of a repair. I am scared to think of the money pit we got involved in. Run away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duro Corporation?

I bought an NXR 36" range in 2010 that came in damaged. Every time I call anyone to have it repaired I get nowhere, not with Austex Appliance where I bought it (what a joke, bill the owner is) or DuroCorp. The number on the website does not work; you get someone other than them. And when I searched out a number and finally found them, they always say they will call me back. I have called and emailed them to date 31 times and guess what they say: they will get back with me. God forbid this thing breaks. I am **, I guess. I would run from this NXR range as far away as you can get. Absolutely no customer service.

I purchased a NXR 36 inch gas range made by Duro Corp from Fletcher appliances in Nashua, NH in September 2009. The stove has had multiple problems and now I believe it to be a totally defective unit. The porcelain on the bottom of the stove has come off and is a fire hazard. The unit is not heavily used and this should not happen. I am concerned that this stove is going to be a money pit and I want it replaced. Multiple other problems have occurred but this is the worst. It is $3600 for the stove plus lack of use due to defects and potential fire hazard. I seem to be the only one concerned

Duro Corporation Company Profile