DeWALT Tools

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

DeWALT Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I purchased my first DeWalt power tool approximately 6 months ago and the versatility and ease of use have changed the way I work.. Jobs are completed faster and the increased efficiency has altered my approach the to the task before me.. I look forward to adding more DeWalt products as the need arises.

Original review: July 15, 2020

As a single woman with a lot of house to manage, I find the consistent quality of DeWalt tools to be imperative in my handywoman chores. The price is reasonable, even if a little more than some competitors - I believe the few $ more is well worth having reliable tools with dependable support. I have bought a number of DeWalt tools in the past 5 years, some of which I use regularly, some rarely, but I always know when I need something done, my DeWalt tools will be dependable. I live in a relatively remote location with only one of the major chain stores in a 100 mile radius so having reliable tools is imperative. I can't just pop down to the local hardware store and get a replacement. DeWalt, you are my hero(ine)....

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

The tools are made of good quality materials. They last for a very long time. I am a female. I'm not into tools that much so I don't have a lot to say. Love Dewalt! Just don't love the prices.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have been remodeling my house and find I need a bunch of new tools. All of the contractors I have hired all use DeWalt tools. So, I figure they have to count on their tools to make a living, so they must be great tools. I have purchased many different pieces and have been very satisfied with all of my new DeWalt tools. Used to be a big Craftsman tool person, but all the Sears stores have closed. I know Lowe's carries them now, but they do not honor the old lifetime tool replacement program which made buying tools at Sears a great deal.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have several DeWalt battery powered tools. The latest of which is the 60 volt flex-volt chainsaw with 16" bar. This is a real chainsaw. Keep the chain sharp and it cuts very good. It has plenty of power. You need to keep an eye on the bar oil; I have the 9 AH batteries and it will use up the bar oil in the tank before the battery runs out.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I bought a hedge trimmer from DeWALT's factory. It was great for the first 5 min and then it broke. I called the # to report the problem. They took my number and told me they would call back within 24 hours. Well after 14 promises to call me back never happened and to this day no one has ever called me about this problem. Finally a fellow customer with the same problem gave me a hint. YEA I now had a shipping label and a promise of a refund. So I returned the broken tool.

NOTHING HAPPENED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH NO ONE CALLED OR DID ANYTHING. So I called Las Vegas and they confirmed receiving it but they also confirmed NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE ABOUT THE TRIMMER THAT I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR OVER 6 MONTHS BEFORE. So now I sit here trying to figure out the next step. Yes a lady Sherri C has been sending me texts but nothing of any good so far. The folks in Las Vegas PROMISED to call me back but that was a week ago and they were just like all of the customer service folks at Dewalt. LIARS.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I used to believe in this brand so 3 years ago I started to buy all DeWALT power tools. The product just isn't good anymore, just a little more power thanBlack and Decker and don't get me started on the $250 piece of ** weed wacker I bought. Don't be fooled by what this brand used to be, it sucks now and I wasted thousands on these tools.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Never had a problem with Dewalt products! They are well made with great Customer Service! Their prices are fair. Their quality is top notch. Their products are readily available through most quality tool dealers.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Ok so I have some time to get ready and I will give you some information on my opinion about Dewalt products. Let’s see the yellow and the black. Some run on batteries. Some run on electricity and they are for left-handers, are for right handers. And some of the power tools going reversing so I’m go forward so I’m going to slow speed so I’m going to fast speed. And some take different fittings send. I like them. They come with a case. Some do and some don’t. So yeah that’s about it.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I bought this back in February and put it together in April. It was for my Dewalt 779 12in dual bevel compound sliding miter saw. I was very excited. I am getting old and it is too much to carry a big miter saw around. I put it together and besides a wheel bolt having jacked up threads it was great. I ran a die down the bolt and cleaned up the threads and went on with the process. The stand raised and lowered perfectly. I mounted my 779 on it and it still raised and lowered great. I used it two weeks later with no problems. The second time I used it I finished the job and the stand would not collapse. I am a mechanic so I took the cover off of the mechanism to inspect it. I tried several different things to rectify the problem. I adjusted the cable, loosened the plate bolts... Nothing worked. It appears that the spring is too long. So now I have this sitting in my shop taking up space.

For the past two days I have called customer service and was on hold for a very long time. The first day I never got to talk to anyone and had to hang up after about 15 minutes of being on hold. Today I put it on speaker and worked while I was waiting for a rep. 45 minutes later a recording said there were sorry they couldn't take my call and would appreciate me calling back another time. I called right back. After another 35 minutes on hold a rep finally came on and I explained to her what was going on. She put me on hold for another 10 minutes.

When she came back, she proceeded to tell me that I must not know how to raise and lower the unit. I explained to her that she was incorrect. I told her that I didn't initially read the reviews because this was Dewalt and they usually have great products. However after this I had read reviews online and found many people having the same issue. I told her if there was a fix she could just send me the part and I would replace it. She said I would either have to disassemble it and ship it back or drive over 100 miles to the nearest service center. Wow!!! I told her nevermind I would just figure out a work around myself. Maybe shorten the spring, or eliminate the spring altogether. So I said all of that to say this, "If you don't want a hassle with customer service, or to have to work on it your self, don't buy the product" It is a sturdy stand, but if it won't collapse then there is no point. Sad!

DeWALT Tools Company Information