Find a Home Supplies and Tools partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

DeWALT Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT Tools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I purchased my first DeWalt power tool approximately 6 months ago and the versatility and ease of use have changed the way I work.. Jobs are completed faster and the increased efficiency has altered my approach the to the task before me.. I look forward to adding more DeWalt products as the need arises.

Original review: July 15, 2020

As a single woman with a lot of house to manage, I find the consistent quality of DeWalt tools to be imperative in my handywoman chores. The price is reasonable, even if a little more than some competitors - I believe the few $ more is well worth having reliable tools with dependable support. I have bought a number of DeWalt tools in the past 5 years, some of which I use regularly, some rarely, but I always know when I need something done, my DeWalt tools will be dependable. I live in a relatively remote location with only one of the major chain stores in a 100 mile radius so having reliable tools is imperative. I can't just pop down to the local hardware store and get a replacement. DeWalt, you are my hero(ine)....

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

The tools are made of good quality materials. They last for a very long time. I am a female. I'm not into tools that much so I don't have a lot to say. Love Dewalt! Just don't love the prices.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have been remodeling my house and find I need a bunch of new tools. All of the contractors I have hired all use DeWalt tools. So, I figure they have to count on their tools to make a living, so they must be great tools. I have purchased many different pieces and have been very satisfied with all of my new DeWalt tools. Used to be a big Craftsman tool person, but all the Sears stores have closed. I know Lowe's carries them now, but they do not honor the old lifetime tool replacement program which made buying tools at Sears a great deal.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have several DeWalt battery powered tools. The latest of which is the 60 volt flex-volt chainsaw with 16" bar. This is a real chainsaw. Keep the chain sharp and it cuts very good. It has plenty of power. You need to keep an eye on the bar oil; I have the 9 AH batteries and it will use up the bar oil in the tank before the battery runs out.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I have tried on many occasions to register on the De Walt website this product, and it won't accept the SKU no. I got from the Home Depot website for this product. Two different e-mails to De Walt and NO response. It is supposed to have a 2 yr warranty, but how can I get it. I have seen on the web this has happened to other people. What are my options?

Original review: April 2, 2021

I purchased a DeWalt 20V framing nailer. There was no manual in the box but it seemed intuitive so I gave it a shot. After 4 nails it locked up. I tried the lever on top to reset as the flashing light showed but no help. Went to the DeWalt website, no manuals online at all. Waited on the chat service and the phone helpline for over 2 hours, no one ever answered either option. Returned the product to the store and the department manager verified what I was doing should have cured the problem and he could not figure it out either. Three days later I get an email from DeWalt that all I have to do is call the number. I waited for 2 hours on and I could BUY a manual. It is appalling that they don't have manuals for their products readily available online like any decent company. If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I have been in the construction industry for over 30 years. I would say without doubt the biggest mistake and regret I have is ever buying the Dewalt brand of tools, they are Garbage, and that is being kind.... The batteries don't last, I am sure they sell very old stock. The tools just don't compare to my old Makita.... As for after sale service, they don't answer phones or reply to emails, and if you do get through, they are rude pigs who couldn't care less about the customer, it's mind-boggling how bad this mob is. As for warranty, they don't have any.....

As for their redemptions, don't be fooled by them, they don't honour them, sadly for me this is what got me to buy their Junk, and now I am stuck with their 5 minute lifeless batteries and out of pocket lots of $$$$.... My old Makita drills outperform the new Dewalt, and the Makita would be 10 years old and 1/3 the voltage or amp hours. Garbage tools with disgusting after sales service...

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a drill bit set from Amazon due to shipping to my Dad who lives in a different state. He received it and two of the sizes were missing. I wanted this to be a easy fix and it was not. Amazon suggested I contact Dewalt. Well what a waste of time! I emailed customer service and never have heard back. I called and talked to someone who had broken English. He could not wait to get me off the phone. He was no help. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he finally was willing to help a little so I thought. He said he made a ticket and the two missing bits would probably be able to send them out to my Dad and I would receive an email the next business morning. Well guess what? It’s almost 4 pm and still no email. It was horrible customer service and from now on I will never buy Dewalt ever again. Highly recommend going with another brand that maybe will have a better customer service! Horrible!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Went looking for a way to contact DeWalt but didn't find any. Just bought a 10 piece battery powered tool kit. All tools work except for the reciprocating saw. Lean it to the right and it doesn't run. Lean it to the left and it runs but sparks and smells of ozone. Took it back to point of purchase. They can't replace the one bad item I would have to return the entire kit and then wait another 17 days (on average) to get another kit. Today is 12/12/2020. That would put this "Gift" out till 12/29/2020. That's not acceptable.

As I review the products I purchased I'm noticing more and more that they are cheaply constructed. I own a lot of DeWalt tools and thus far have been happy with them. This is a leap - going to battery powered tools. Starting a custom wood cabinetry business next year and will need GOOD and DEPENDABLE tools. Thus far - it doesn't seem like a wise purchase. AND I bought it during Black Friday, so the deal I got is gone. Replacing this will now cost an additional $300. No matter what I do.

Overall I'm disappointed in the quality of these products. I am a life long ASQ CQE (American Society for Quality, Certified Quality Engineer) and I know the manufacturing business through and through. This product is not one I would want my name on. And the picture is deceiving. Shows all the tools, but the BlueTooth speakers APPEAR to be larger than the rest of the tools, which makes a person think it's on the order of a cubic foot whereas it's actually 1/4 the size. Shame on you DeWalt. And shame on you for not having a customer contact center. Why are you hiding?

DeWALT Tools Company Information