Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

104 DeWALT Tools Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

When I was a very young boy, my grandfather used an old DeWalt drill, yellow but over the years have turned into a multi-colored tool. One day, I asked my grandpa, “Why don’t we get a new drill for Christmas?” He got up his chair and said, No! He explained that his drill was the best tool he ever had that was passed on by his father. I’m 59 years old and has used DeWalt Tools since I was a young man and they really are the best in the world: quality, precision, price, and craftsmanship. I have always had DeWalt tool at our home and when my grandson Christian is able to walk, he too will use DeWalt tools in everything around our home. There’s no other tools than DeWalt!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have 2 DeWALT drills 14 volt and 18 volt and an 18 volt 1/2 impact that I have had for some time. These things are unbelievably indestructible. They have seen a lot of use and still work just fine. They are all pretty beat up but never fail whether driving screws, drilling or tightening bolts. BANG it gets done. My 14.4 batteries are really old and still hold a good charge. I will probably replace that one soon with a brushless 20 volt but I am more than satisfied with my old tools.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

DeWALT used to be a favorite brand, but has been declining in quality recently. Price competition is o.k. but if you use your tools every day, dependability and durability are the most important factors. I would rather pay a little more and not have to wonder if it's going to last through the day. I think Dewalt's parent company may have a hand in the problem, cheap production and materials really show up. Plastic for steel and poor wiring as examples. They are not without pluses though, with new design improvements and better battery performance.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Early on Dewalt followed other company's tools. As they progressed they started to engineer tools that would hold up to rough work and batteries that worked longer with motors that wouldn't overheat and gears that wouldn't separate under load. The tools became better and had features that were designed to make the work easier. I can remember installing fire doors and jambs in the 80s and we all used corded tools and always pulling cords around. The new batteries weren't exactly longlasting but they made for an easier day of adjusting and hanging doors. The new tools and batteries are a 100% better than anything in the past, the batteries so much longer and charge better.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bought a Dewalt 18v Set 6 years ago and have used it for DIY projects around the house. Last year the batteries started to lose their charge and not lasting long. So I went to Home Depot and bought a brand new twin pack. Two months ago they started losing their charge in a very short time and now will only last 5 minutes before dying altogether. Called Dewalt customer support center and the agent was very friendly and sent me out a shipping label so I could ship the batteries to the service center in Kansas City for replacement. Great service just need to make batteries better like in the US and not overseas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT?

Original review: July 15, 2019

I like using the battery powered tools from my husband's workbench. I like that the same battery pack can be used in multiple tools. I appreciate the tools are not too heavy when I am working on a project.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I bought my first DeWALT back some 8 years ago and have not chosen another for my power tools. I do feel they are leading in quality. I feel that DeWALT tools are very good but the limited warranty especially on batteries I am not a favorite of.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I've been using DeWALT tools for over 20 years. They are reliable, rugged, and a good value. I also find Milwaukee tools and Craftsman to be good, but not quite as good a value. I have been very satisfied with the life of my batteries for the battery tools as well. I purchased a battery powered chainsaw a few weeks ago so my gas powered STIHL is up to sale.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have been using Dewalt tools (and others) for approx 22 years. I restored a 120-year-old Victorian home and for some time used exclusively DeWALT products. I am very pleased with the quality of their lithium battery products and longevity of their tools.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We have bought an Arsenal of DeWALT Tools and have “never” been disappointed. They are very sturdy, they are reliable and when they haven’t worked properly which only occurred once they were quick to replace it. No questions asked.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have used DeWALT tools for a long time and dropped them on many occasions and they still work. I have never replaced anything... The drill bits always wear down before anything. It has been 30 years now and they are still like I just bought them, running just as smooth.

Original review: July 8, 2019

My experience with any DeWalt tool has been excellent, extremely reliable easy to use and simple. High quality materials and detail instructions are the best in the market. Even the least experienced individual can safely handle a DeWalt tool. Assortment of accessories facilitated job completion and installations.

Original review: July 8, 2019

These are High quality tools that are sold at a reasonable price for the regular person to use and understand for home renovations. Easy to find attachments or replacement parts and the wireless tools have great battery life.

Original review: July 6, 2019

DeWALT while expensive are worth the extra money as they stand up well. They are dependable and very tough tools. The 20 volt system is a good system for the average user of 20 volt drills, impact drills.

Original review: July 5, 2019

This is one of the better tools on the market, you're not taking it back for a exchange or it is broken. With the proper care these tools will last and get the project done with minimal time, they are safe and easy to use.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I had issues with the batteries and the chargers. The batteries would not charge and the chargers did not perform as expected. After buying two chargers and 3 batteries, I found that in order for the batteries to charge properly you had to fully insert the battery until it clicks. I would think this important piece of information would have been VERY valuable and could have saved me a lot of money and aggravation. There was nothing in the instructions making that claim and I know there are many users who had to go to Google to find the solution like I had to do.

Original review: July 3, 2019

IF I COULD LEAVE A RATING LESS THAN 1 STAR I WOULD GIVE ZERO STARS. I purchased the DeWALT leaf blower and chain saw combo during the spring of 2019 and the leaf blower product was a disaster from the very start. I had 3 DeWALT leaf blowers sent to me due to multiple defective batteries, multiple defect motors they seem to be surprised every time I return a brand new leaf blower to the repair office. Look this leaf blower is a lemon DO NOT PURCHASE. Straight out of the box with a full charger battery the leaf blower works for about 60 seconds and then turns off. I then waited another 5 minutes and it works for about 15 seconds, absolutely nothing after that!

The DeWALT repair office manager and employees say it's the motor but when that is replaced the exact same defect occurs. Do not buy this product. IN MY OPINION, DEWALT IS AWARE OF THIS DEFECT AND FAIL TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE BUT CONTINUE TO KEEP THIS PRODUCT ON STORE SHELVES FOR SALE TO CONSUMERS! I would not recommend any DeWALT product to you, even with a warranty you do not get to use your product because it takes forever to get it returned from the repair center. Don't do it...

Original review: July 3, 2019

Gets the job done with not having to worry about the quality of the tool. Long lasting battery pack that I use for multiple tools. The drill is my favorite, light and efficient. It is a great brand that I can trust on.

Original review: July 2, 2019

When DeWALT is about tools, it has great variety and for all kinds of work from a small arrangement at home, even a construction at work.. Everything I need is here. The best tools at the best price...

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have owned a DeWALT drill for a few years now. I have not noted a discernible decrease in performance, unlike the other cordless drills I had owned over the years. The other cordless drills started losing charge very rapidly after about two years of ownership, or: as strangely enough, just as the warranty wore out.

Original review: June 30, 2019

My DeWALT drill has been working great for the past 7 years. It’s rebuilt a 20 foot by 20 foot screened in porch and with its two rechargeable batteries it’s always ready to perform any job I undertake.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I would not suggest buying the new style Dewalt Weed Eater unless you enjoy hassle and wasting time! I highly doubt the person or persons involved in designing this product have spent a lot of time doing yard work. The way you have to put in the string is a joke, it is always getting tangled. With the way this design is you can’t even finish a yard without issues and stopping and fixing it. It is very time consuming. If you are looking for a dust collector this is the way to go! Back to Milwaukee we go!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Average tool. Priced for homeowners. Quality is average for the price. Batteries need a longer life cycle. Purchase new tools. Stay away from reconditioned tools. New batteries cost nearly the same as new tool.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I have used several Dewalt tools in my job as a carpenter and bldg. Inspector. I never had any break downs and I still have a lot of these tools after all these years. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone who wants their tools to last forever.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased a battery operated finish nailer and while the tool is great, the batteries are the older ni-cad style, which lose their charge more rapidly as they age. There is no ion battery option. Too bad.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Quality is very good. Sometimes, DeWALT products may cost more than some, but in general they are better than the lower priced ones. Additionally, they are not the most expensive either. I've had a cordless drill for many years and it is still going strong. I also have a table saw, but cannot comment on it because it is still in the box as of this writing.

Original review: June 23, 2019

It is comfortable in the hand and is easy to change out the bits for different jobs. I highly recommend it for everything, because it is a very value for the money. I have used several different brands and I always come back to DeWALT tools.

Original review: June 22, 2019

DeWALT makes professional grade tools. That about sums it up. In my opinion you get what you pay for when you buy tools. Compared to others on the shelf at Home Depot or Lowe’s or your local Ace Hardware, you might pay a little more for DeWALT, but you get more. Better durability, better quality. As I said; professional grade. I buy DeWALT and Makita. My background? Former Porsche mechanic, industrial tool and machinery builder and now, builder of treehouses and playhouses for my daughter and home renovations for my wife (And well,..me!).

Original review: June 21, 2019

Never used the warranty. If I had, then the ratings would be affected, one way or the other. Warranty, on any product, is critical to my assessment. Otherwise, I use the reciprocating saw the most, drill the second most, then the skill saw next. Products have been dependable. Batteries work, if you keep them charged and have more than one..

Original review: June 21, 2019

I would use DeWALT, Milwaukee and those but the prices are ridiculously high for the quality of the product that is not really made in the USA. All of them even cheap are made in China! That is fact or somewhere else!

DeWALT Tools Company Information