Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

DeWALT Tools Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Good quality. Good price. DeWALT is my favorite go-to tool. I love my DeWALT drill so much, I do not store it in the garage. I actually keep it in a dining room cabinet. I won't let anyone use my DeWALT as I want to keep it pristine. I am a 65 yr old female. I retired at 55 from corporate America, only to find I loved handy girl work. I keep my mind engaged by doing every maintenance around my home. Then I found myself flipping home. I depend on the quality of my DeWALT Tools on my job sites. Again, I do most of my own work on these flip homes.

Original review: July 14, 2019

When I was a very young boy, my grandfather used an old DeWalt drill, yellow but over the years have turned into a multi-colored tool. One day, I asked my grandpa, “Why don’t we get a new drill for Christmas?” He got up his chair and said, No! He explained that his drill was the best tool he ever had that was passed on by his father. I’m 59 years old and has used DeWalt Tools since I was a young man and they really are the best in the world: quality, precision, price, and craftsmanship. I have always had DeWalt tool at our home and when my grandson Christian is able to walk, he too will use DeWalt tools in everything around our home. There’s no other tools than DeWalt!

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have 2 DeWALT drills 14 volt and 18 volt and an 18 volt 1/2 impact that I have had for some time. These things are unbelievably indestructible. They have seen a lot of use and still work just fine. They are all pretty beat up but never fail whether driving screws, drilling or tightening bolts. BANG it gets done. My 14.4 batteries are really old and still hold a good charge. I will probably replace that one soon with a brushless 20 volt but I am more than satisfied with my old tools.

Original review: July 4, 2019

DeWALT used to be a favorite brand, but has been declining in quality recently. Price competition is o.k. but if you use your tools every day, dependability and durability are the most important factors. I would rather pay a little more and not have to wonder if it's going to last through the day. I think Dewalt's parent company may have a hand in the problem, cheap production and materials really show up. Plastic for steel and poor wiring as examples. They are not without pluses though, with new design improvements and better battery performance.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Early on Dewalt followed other company's tools. As they progressed they started to engineer tools that would hold up to rough work and batteries that worked longer with motors that wouldn't overheat and gears that wouldn't separate under load. The tools became better and had features that were designed to make the work easier. I can remember installing fire doors and jambs in the 80s and we all used corded tools and always pulling cords around. The new batteries weren't exactly longlasting but they made for an easier day of adjusting and hanging doors. The new tools and batteries are a 100% better than anything in the past, the batteries so much longer and charge better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeWALT?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

It worked for 30 minutes. Their costumer service is a joke. They tried blaming me. Then they tried blaming the extreme cold weather (50 degrees F). I've called 3 times with no results. I still have a brand new heater that doesn't work. They offer no refund or the parts to fix it. I used to always buy DeWalt. I will NEVER buy or recommend another DeWalt product. They need to fix product and get some customer service training.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We bought a string trimmer and a leaf blower in 2016 but they are only used at most 5 times a yr. The first battery went out the first year so we just used the 1 battery and then the other quit too. I thought DeWalt was quality but it's not. They want 245.00 for another battery. I can buy whole new trimmer cheaper. I will never shop buying DeWalt. Their products are crap and the service is worse. They have a kid answering that I don't think he went to school. Totally horrible. It's not just these products. My husband bought tools from them and they are awful too. Nothing lasts that they sell. It use to be quality but not anymore. Black and decker is the same as DeWalt now when you call they want to know which product. Don't waste your money and patience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been a long time Dewalt tool owner, Along with most of my family and I am typically happy with their products. I am a professional automotive technician and I bought this 1/2 cordless impact Wrench to remove lug nuts on wheels and other basic tasks. I used this tool as designed on a daily basis and was only used as convenience, second to my pneumatic 1/2 impact. Right out of the box the tool felt inferior to other comparable cordless tools and definitely had less power. My first go around with this tool it only lasted 7 months before it started making a squealing bearing type noise from the nose cone area. Then the gun would just turn off while using it. I sent it in and this was covered under dewalt 1 year warranty.

After a little over 1 month I Got the tool back and about 3 months later the noise begun again. Sent it in again and the would not cover it since it is over 1 year and want 200$ to repair it. Luckily I bought this through Mac tools and they honored a product they sold and gave me a new one. This new tool lasted 13 months and now the tool feels under powered and again shutting off randomly. They have had the tool for 3 weeks and finally told me the tool is out of warranty and they need me to approve a flat rate 200$ repair. they have not even disassembled the tool yet to know what is wrong so they don’t know if it is covered under the 3 year warranty. I can buy a bare tool for 250$. I am very disappointed with this tool and even more so with Dewalts customer service. I will be buy my cordless tools from Milwaukee going forward.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased this music box in 2013. This past May, it stopped working. I took it to my local DeWALT dealer, and they had to send it to DeWALT as it needed a new board. I was told the warranty was expired. It was a three year warranty that had JUST expired but I was fine with that. I told them to go ahead with the repair. I then heard back that the parts were no longer available, weird, as you can still buy the product new, at Home Depot. They quoted me on a replacement. It was about $20.00 less than at Home Depot, said they would send it to my dealer. I thought I was still getting ripped off, but I agreed to that.

After three months of not having the radio, I called to see what was taking so long. My dealer told me that DeWALT was not returning his calls. At that point, I asked the dealer to cancel the order and I picked up my "not working" radio. To conclude, I am am a service manager for a big Canadian company and whenever tools are needed, I approve the purchase of them. I have usually recommended DeWALT tools. After this experience, I will NEVER purchase or recommend DeWALT products again. Actually, I will strongly advise people against them and tell them this story.

Regards, J**

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I do a lot of outside carpentry work. I normally have nothing bad to say about DeWALT tools, but the brushless 20v oscillating tool overheats fast in hot weather. Eight cuts and it stops working till it cools off again, so ten minutes of cutting, 30 minutes of cool down... after this I’m ready to go back to a corded tool. It’s better than this frustration.

DeWALT Tools Company Information