Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Delta Faucets Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Our home is 5 years old. The builder installed Delta Shower valves and trims in three locations. Two are shower only and one is tub and shower, all in brushed nickel. We discovered water stains throughout our first floor ceilings. We contact a contractor to remove parts of the ceiling to identify the cause. The water was coming from the shower valves and was entering through the trim. We replicated the issue with one of the valves and found that when water was hitting the front for the trim/on off handle that water was coming though the wall and Durarock and down the wall to the next floor ceiling.

The plumber wanted to replace all three with new higher quality shower valves and trim kits. However the cost is significant. I called Delta and asked for help (Case #** and was told they would sell me new trim at 50%. I asked if they would provide the new trim at no cost since I was still paying for a lot of repairs to walls etc.. They said, "no." I found the customer service to be defensive and not empathetic to my problem and was forcing me to go to another brand that provided a better seal from water entering though the valve trim.

I felt Delta was not offering any help in solving the problem but rather being defensive and telling me that it was our use of their product that caused the water to enter through the trim. I was hoping and perhaps still hoping Delta will be more compassionate and helpful in solving my problem. I have never had this problem before and I have lived in 8 new homes in 38 years of marriage. Perhaps I should switch to Hansgrohe who advertise a no leak sealed valve assembly. Delta can you make that same claim?

Hello Jamie,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with 3 Delta products. This is a very rare situation. We would need more information to further assist you. Please send me a private message with your contact and purchase information. Best regards,

Brandis

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We purchased Delta kitchen faucet Model 21996LF on Monday August 26 and after one of the most horrible experiences ever, were finished after about 4 miserable hours of work. At least half of the time was spent trying to interpret the worst, worst set of instructions we have ever tried to follow. There were so many parts needed but not supplied which was not known until the box was on the kitchen counter with enclosed parts spread out and accounted for. Luckily, we had an adequate supply of extra parts. We are not professional installers but neither rank amateurs either, having done this several times before. We will NEVER, EVER, EVER purchase another Delta product.

Hello Fran,

I'm very sorry for the difficulty with the installation instructions for your Delta faucet. We thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will use this to create better processes in the future. Please contact us with any questions. -Brandis

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Our shower kit was professionally installed only 11 months ago and is already dripping from the shower head. Online, I'd read that Delta guarantees its products for life and that other consumers had received new cartridges when they encountered a similar problem. All Delta would offer me was a spring and washer kit worth about $3. We bought a similar kit locally, but that did not fix the problem. We ended up buying a whole new cartridge ($40), which solved the problem. I asked Delta for a replacement cartridge, but so far, the repair kit is all they are willing to send. If Delta is not willing to back up their products, they need to rethink how they are made. They may be resting on a reputation that no longer holds.

Hello Bernadette,

I’m terribly sorry that your experience with Delta has been such a negative one! We work hard to produce reliable, high-quality products and to take care of our customers. Majority of the time the seats and springs is the cause of a leak from the shower faucet and normally resolves the issue. We do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. This type of feedback helps us refine our processes and become better. Please contact us if you still need help.-Brandis

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We purchased this Delta faucet for our kitchen in May 2017, so a little over 2 years ago. We were in a position where our former faucet broke, on a weekend and we needed a replacement ASAP. We purchased this from a local big box store for about $220 (before tax). I started to notice some discoloration at the base of the faucet so I called Delta to see if they would replace it. They offered to send me a new collar (the small base part that is not the main source of the problem in the finish) or told me I could buy a new faucet from them for 70% off of their list price.

My exact faucet is no longer available, but their suggested replacement was going to cost me around $170 AFTER the 70% discount...that isn't significantly less than I paid for the faucet originally and there are no guarantees that I am not going to run into the same problems again. When I asked Customer Service they said this was the best they could offer me, so I can only assume that the Lifetime Warranty on the finish that is clearly listed on their website is a scam. I am extremely disappointed in this company.

Hello,

I'm very sorry that your experience with Delta has been such a negative one. I would like to look into this further. Please send me a private message with your contact information for further assistance. Thank you fo ryour cooperation in this matter.

Best regards,

Brandis

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had old 3 handle shower system which drove me nuts so 1 year ago I finally went out and bought a complete new setup. The new Delta one shower handle kit cost me 200 but I hoped it was worth it. Few months ago it started leaking and the hot water side stopped working. So I took it out and called the customer service. Since the cartridge is a common problem with these delta, I figured delta would replace it. But no they are going to send me just 2 rubber and 2 springs which is useless. I had 6 delta products installed in my house in last few years and almost all of them had been replaced because they stopped working or started leaking. I use to think very highly of delta products until I started to use them. Moen is far better company than delta. Moen replaced most of my delta products so far and they are working very well. Moen is a better brand, quality and their customer service is really good.

I remember 3 years I had issue with my kitchen faucet and they sent me the cartridge with handle right away and didn’t even ask me 100 question as delta did. If you are a homeowner and reading this. Then stay away from delta products. They are same price as moen but they will break in a year and they will not stand by their products as moen does. Moen gives you lifetime warranty. My delta faucet in bathroom broke in a year. It was replaced by moen 2 years ago and no problems so far. Please be aware and stay away from delta products. I think I will replace it with moen because delta doesn’t want to send me a cartridge and the cartridge is 70 dollars. Might as well replace it with moen and be stress free.

Hi,

I’m terribly sorry that your experience with Delta has been such a negative one! We work hard to produce reliable, high-quality products and to take care of all our customers needs. The seats and springs are normally the cause of a leak from the shower head or tub spout and usually resolves the issue. I'd be happy to see what we can do for you. Please send a private message with your contact information for further assistance.-Brandis

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Faucet Company?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I bought a NEW Delta faucet on July 17th/19, it means 20 DAYS AGO!! I installed the faucet and it started leaking from the handle. The leak was so bad that I needed to close the water in the kitchen. I called customer service and they said they were sending me a cartridge to replace it. It doesn't make any sense that you need to replace parts in a new unit but that was all they could and wanted to offer me because "your warranty only covers new parts". The supervisor ** said I could buy a new faucet with 70% discount. It means I will need to pay 130% for a faucet that any other person will pay 1005 because the first faucet did not work.

They sent me a new cartridge in a regular gray plastic bag from Jackson Tennessee to Dallas Tx. Of course the part came broken in pieces. I called customer service and they did not see anything wrong in the way they sent the part. The only way to solve a problem was to send a new cartridge. I suggested to send it in a box instead of a bag and the Supervisor ** said "I am sorry but I don't work in the shipment department." I have been living 20 days with no running water in my kitchen thanks to Delta. Worse experience ever. Life warranty? They don't even have 30 days return!!!

Delta Faucets response

I'm very sorry this happened, Ivonne! Please send us a private message with your contact information and I will ensure that you get the replacement part as soon as possible.

Best regards, Jon

Original review: June 11, 2019

I remodeled my kitchen and upgraded my faucet to a Delta Touch! What a waste of money! Water shuts off after 4 minutes! This is a feature that can not be changed! They say for a child forgetting! WHAT?!

Delta Faucets response

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, Leslie! The 4-minute shutoff is a safety feature in case the faucet is activated accidentally. A quick tap on the faucet will turn it back on if you need it to run longer. Alternatively, you may bypass the electronic feature by removing the batteries while the water is running. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact our customer service team as we would be glad to help!

Best regards, Jon

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought my faucet a couple of years ago, and it broke at about 9 months old. Delta sent a new one and it lasted about the same amount of time. Now even though the part broke exactly like the first one they will replace because it was moved to my next home. Beware all of you like that myself am forced to rent and means I move from time to time, BEWARE. Your warranty ends when you move.

Delta Faucets response

I'm very sorry for the issue you experienced with your faucet, Glenn! Quality is very important to us, and parts typically last much longer. Our Lifetime Limited Warranty covers parts and finish to be free of defect in material and workmanship for the original owner/purchaser. Unfortunately, the warranty doesn't transfer when the home is sold. However, any replacement items purchased will have a new Lifetime Limited Warranty. Please let us know if you ever need anything in the future. -Jon

Original review: April 23, 2019

Our house is less than 5 years old and I have already replaced the valves in the shower, the bathroom sink faucets and the valve in the single lever faucet in the kitchen two times. I might add that when we had the house built we upgraded the Delta products. The good news is that I am 75 years old and did all the work myself, Delta sent the parts at no charge but when I told them that I would send my findings in the defective parts (and the parts) they didn't want them. Delta you sure have went a little downhill with your quality, no doubt the reason being your having the products made across the pond. Crying shame is in order.

Delta Faucets response

I'm very sorry that you experienced an issue with your faucet, Earl! Please know that quality is very important to us and that our products have been rigorously tested to ensure a high quality standard. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us refine our processes. Please let us know if you need anything in the future.

Best regards, Jon

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought my home about 2 yrs ago and through the builders design center, we chose all Delta products. 2 we have 2 Delta Trinsic faucets (stainless steel/silver) in my master bath, one on each vanity in addition to the Trinsic bathtub faucet). Both vanity faucets (not the handles but just spouts) had to be replaced by the home builder within 6 months of the house purchase cause they discolored (luckily my builder gave us a 1 yr full warranty). Both got replaced and now one is discoloring again, it has a yellowish/gold hue to it. Delta states that discoloration is usually a chemical reaction due to cleaning agents. If this were the case, how come all of my other faucets within the home are fine? How come the handles are fine but just the spout? How come it happened to 2 of them originally and now just one? It's clearly defective and Delta doesn't want to take responsibility. They want to offer me a 70% discount yet it will still be over $100 just for the spout! Ridiculous! What great service you have Delta (sarcasm). Delta, don't advertise a lifetime warranty and not uphold it! Should have gone with another brand.

Delta Faucets response

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Sharjil! I see that upon further review our customer service team has ordered a replacement faucet for you this morning. Our Lifetime Limited Warranty covers parts and finish to be free of defect in material and workmanship for as long as you own the home. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know!

Delta Faucets Company Information