Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Delta Faucets Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

The instructions as is are completely worthless if followed to the letter. The plastic drywall anchors supplied are horribly weak. Steer clear of these products, or be prepared to modify and do your own thing. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Called in per my plumber for cartridge replacement on my 6 month old Delta faucet. Was transferred twice, dropped the call once and told I did not exist in their records by either of my phone numbers (needed a phone number to look up what the previous CSR wrote in their notes). Then I was told in "plumber language" what they thought my problem was. I told them I was no plumber and that I merely was repeating what I was told. I did not understand 80% of what they were describing. After 40 minutes on the phone they said, "Get the plumber back, have him inspect the pressure and if he says it still needs the cartridge then mail them the receipt and they will reimburse." I said, "Thanks for wasting my time and now I must pay for 2 trips for the plumber."

Hello Steven,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you're experience with Delta has been a negative one. We work really hard to take care of our customers. I'd be happy to look further into this. Please send a private message with your full name, street address and phone number for further assistance. -Brandis

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

So I understand Delta claims its lifetime limited warranty “covers parts and finish to be free of defect in material and workmanship for as long as you own the home”, but I don’t believe it. We purchased a Delta 754LF-RB Victorian Single Handle Bathroom Faucet back in 2012 for almost $300 (list price over $700). Probably close to a year ago, we started noticing what appears to be corrosion on the mounting ring at the base of the faucet and extending upward onto the faucet’s base. The corrosion is similar to what I’ve seen in other reviewer’s photos. I spent several minutes on the phone with a representative and sent them photos. They would not honor the warranty even though we use no cleaners on the faucet (just water and soft cloth).

Their response was that something (a cleaner) caused the corrosion. Were they accusing me of lying? Could the corrosion possibly have been due to a design or material defect? Possibly galvanic corrosion? Well, they would not admit to such, and essentially were calling me a liar. Faucets are exposed constantly to water. Their finish (especially ones listed for over $700) should be durable enough to handle constant exposure to water. You shouldn’t have to wipe down a faucet after each use to protect its external finish. I have lost all confidence in Delta’s warranty and don’t intend on buying any more Delta products (even with the 70% discount they offered me as a resolution). I will find a company who stands behind the warranty it claims and doesn’t implicate the consumer for its product’s failings.

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry your experience with Delta has not been a pleasant one. We work extremely hard to take care of our customers within our warranty policy. I'd be happy to look further into your issue. Please send a private message with your full name, street address and phone number. -Brandis

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have been talking with Delta about their faucets that I own. You might as well talk to the wall! I do not know if anyone has experienced this, but the aerator was put on so tight that the rubber washer completely fell apart and it was going through the aerator into the drinking water and they could care less! Just thought that I might warn consumers about this issue. If you look into your glass after filling it with water and you see little black objects swirling around, then most likely you better check your aerator washer. Only about four years old and found the same thing in two of the faucets. Had Moen faucets in other home for 25 years and maybe one problem and they sent a new faucet! The faucets are made in China!

Hi Kurby,

I'm very sorry for the issue you experienced with the aerator gasket on your Delta faucet. Over time the gasket can wear out. I’m sorry to hear you’re having concerns with your Delta Product. I assure you we take all information we’re given seriously and we use this type of feedback to become better. Please send me a direct message with your full name, street address and phone n umber if further assistance is still needed at this time. -Brandis

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Leaks about once a year. We have had the faucet four years. There are only a few adults in the household so there is not an issue of overuse. In the four years we have had to replace the cartridge three times. We come home to standing water under the sink, as it's running down the main stem. Delta does send out a free replacement cartridge but I worry about the water under my kitchen sink. Luckily I have caught it each time before it reached the wood floors. I definitely have zero faith in Delta quality control.

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry for the leaks that you experienced with your Delta faucet. All of our products are put through a series of rigorous tests to ensure a lifetime of use, but wear over time can be difficult to predict which is why we have a excellent warranty program. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use this to create better processes.

Best regards,

Phone: 1-800-345-3358 Email: customerservice@deltafaucet.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Faucet Company?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I bought a bathroom Delta faucet from Home Depot. It was a $100.. After installing it, we realize that it is leaking inside the middle. Where the hot and cold come together water is coming out the back. After taking it apart we see that the piece is too small and short for the hole. No quality control with Delta.

Hello Katherine,

I'm terribly sorry to hear your Delta faucet is leaking. We'd like to help and we thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. Please send me a private message with your purchase and contact information for further assistance. Best regards,

Brandis

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Bought IN2ITION 144710-SS-I, July 2016. Lifetime warranty. Cartridge failure 9/12. 800 to Delta. On hold over 30 minutes. Sent email & Delta auto email said they would respond in 48 hours. 5 days now???

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting in contact with our customer service department. We've been experiencing high call volume and our emails are answered in order. I'd be happy to assist you. What issue are you having with the Delta shower? Please also send a private message with your full name, street address and phone number. -Brandis

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Our home is 5 years old. The builder installed Delta Shower valves and trims in three locations. Two are shower only and one is tub and shower, all in brushed nickel. We discovered water stains throughout our first floor ceilings. We contact a contractor to remove parts of the ceiling to identify the cause. The water was coming from the shower valves and was entering through the trim. We replicated the issue with one of the valves and found that when water was hitting the front for the trim/on off handle that water was coming though the wall and Durarock and down the wall to the next floor ceiling.

The plumber wanted to replace all three with new higher quality shower valves and trim kits. However the cost is significant. I called Delta and asked for help (Case #** and was told they would sell me new trim at 50%. I asked if they would provide the new trim at no cost since I was still paying for a lot of repairs to walls etc.. They said, "no." I found the customer service to be defensive and not empathetic to my problem and was forcing me to go to another brand that provided a better seal from water entering though the valve trim.

I felt Delta was not offering any help in solving the problem but rather being defensive and telling me that it was our use of their product that caused the water to enter through the trim. I was hoping and perhaps still hoping Delta will be more compassionate and helpful in solving my problem. I have never had this problem before and I have lived in 8 new homes in 38 years of marriage. Perhaps I should switch to Hansgrohe who advertise a no leak sealed valve assembly. Delta can you make that same claim?

Hello Jamie,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with 3 Delta products. This is a very rare situation. We would need more information to further assist you. Please send me a private message with your contact and purchase information. Best regards,

Brandis

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We purchased Delta kitchen faucet Model 21996LF on Monday August 26 and after one of the most horrible experiences ever, were finished after about 4 miserable hours of work. At least half of the time was spent trying to interpret the worst, worst set of instructions we have ever tried to follow. There were so many parts needed but not supplied which was not known until the box was on the kitchen counter with enclosed parts spread out and accounted for. Luckily, we had an adequate supply of extra parts. We are not professional installers but neither rank amateurs either, having done this several times before. We will NEVER, EVER, EVER purchase another Delta product.

Hello Fran,

I'm very sorry for the difficulty with the installation instructions for your Delta faucet. We thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will use this to create better processes in the future. Please contact us with any questions. -Brandis

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Our shower kit was professionally installed only 11 months ago and is already dripping from the shower head. Online, I'd read that Delta guarantees its products for life and that other consumers had received new cartridges when they encountered a similar problem. All Delta would offer me was a spring and washer kit worth about $3. We bought a similar kit locally, but that did not fix the problem. We ended up buying a whole new cartridge ($40), which solved the problem. I asked Delta for a replacement cartridge, but so far, the repair kit is all they are willing to send. If Delta is not willing to back up their products, they need to rethink how they are made. They may be resting on a reputation that no longer holds.

Hello Bernadette,

I’m terribly sorry that your experience with Delta has been such a negative one! We work hard to produce reliable, high-quality products and to take care of our customers. Majority of the time the seats and springs is the cause of a leak from the shower faucet and normally resolves the issue. We do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. This type of feedback helps us refine our processes and become better. Please contact us if you still need help.-Brandis

Delta Faucet Company expert review by Jonathan Trout

Delta designs and makes bathroom and kitchen fixtures like toilets, shower and tub faucets and sink faucets. You can choose a faucet from over 40 collections and 10 colors and finishes. You can also choose a faucet with different technology like tap-on and ADA compliant models. Prices range from under $100 to over $600.

• Faucet installation types: Delta makes and sells centerset, widespread, single-hole, vessel and wall-mount faucets. Each installation type is available in various models and styles and can be installed in your bathroom or kitchen.

• Water efficiency standards: Delta faucets that display the water-efficient seal meet California Green standards. This means kitchen faucets have a flow rate of 1.5-2.0 gpm, bathroom faucets have a flow rate of 1.2 gpm or less and shower and tub faucets have a flow rate of 1.5 to 2.0 gpm.

• Touch20.xt: Delta’s Touch20.xt technology starts the water flow when your hand moves close to the faucet. It has a 4-inch sensing field so the entire faucet acts a sensor.

• DIAMOND Seal Technology: DIAMOND Seal Technology is a new water delivery system made by Delta. It uses an internal contact surface made up of tiny diamonds to prevent leaks, keep out contaminants and make the faucet very durable.

• EZ Anchor: Delta’s EZ Anchor system makes installing your faucet easy. You can secure the faucet from the deck with no need to tighten it underneath the sink.

• Best for: consumers looking for a technologically advanced faucet.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout