Delta Faucets

Delta Faucets
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Delta Faucets Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I bought an Addison touch kitchen faucet about 6 years ago and loved it. Had no problems with it whatsoever. But we sold that house late last year and bought another house earlier this year having a faucet made by a different manufacturer. After using that faucet for a few months and putting up with its quirks, I missed my Addison faucet so much that I put it on the top of my Christmas list for my husband to buy. It is now sitting on my counter waiting for the plumber to come and install it.

Hello Alison,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on the Delta faucet. I'm very happy to hear how much you love the faucet. We're happy to have you as a Delta customer!

Brandis

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I had purchased a Cartridge Assembly Replacement For Delta Monitor 1700 series cartridge for an old shower faucet and had an issue with getting it properly installed. I called customer service and they were able to identify the problem and instruct me how to fix it. We used an app that allowed me to take photos so they could see exactly what I was seeing. The customer service reps' expertise guided me through the installation in about 20 minutes. Excellent people using useful technology tools.

Hi Jay,

We thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our Delta customer service department. I'm happy we were able to assist you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if anything else is needed.

Brandis

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have Delta Faucets products in my house. My shower valves became clogged (probably due to rust and lime), so I called them (Masco Canada) and explained the problem. They sent me (free of charge) a new Valve Cartridge a week later. I replaced the part and now my shower works perfectly again. I think next time I need a faucet, I will definitely choose Delta Faucets brand.

Hello Zatara,

We're glad to hear how happy you are with Delta faucet company. We work hard to take care of our customers needed. We appreciate you sharing your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Brandis

Original review: June 8, 2019

We chose Delta touch kitchen faucet due to past experience with the brand. Love the faucet, however it developed a problem after 2+ years. We called customer service and they immediately sent us a solenoid replacement at no cost. They were very polite and helpful and the part arrived quickly. I would choose Delta again and highly recommend their products based on our positive experience.

Delta Faucets response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Pam! I'm glad that our customer service team was able to help. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards, Jon

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I thought Delta was a quality product with a solid warranty. I take good care of my things, and I don't care about chasing trends, so when I built my home paid a premium for products that would last a lifetime. Fast forward to today, the finish on my shower handle is coming off and the cartridge is leaking. Even though it is technically covered under the lifetime warranty, I felt like I got a good number of years from the product, so I went out and bought a new new trim kit for $200. Well, it turns out that Delta has changed their valves/cartridges so the only way to install ANY new trim on my older model is with a conversion kit that is another $200 dollars!! I contacted Delta, simply to ask for the conversion parts, and they offered me a discount on a new trim kit!!! Hello?!?!

1) The trim is supposed to be covered under warranty. 100% not 50%.

2) No trim kit will fit without the conversion kit, which costs more than a whole new shower and tub combo kit that includes everything (bath spout, rough in valve, everything!)

So in other words, if Delta decides to change their parts configuration, your "warrantied" product will become a paperweight, because it costs more to convert than to buy a whole new set! I am a careful and ethical consumer. I don't like scams from sellers or buyers. I am going to spread the word as many places as possible so people know what they are getting for their money.

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the issue that has occurred with your Delta product. I do show you were contacted regarding the issue with your Delta shower faucet. I show the product you have had a two year warranty and we provided a few options available to you at this time. Please contact us back if you have any questions or concerns. Best regards,

Brandis

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Faucet Company?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I've installed quite a few replacement faucets over the years. Yesterday I installed a new Delta bath faucets as an upgrade to one which was installed in 2007. While the faucet itself met my expectations, the drain assembly was a significant decline in quality causing a simple 30i minute procedure to take several hours. The plastic drain stem was horrible because of its flex and the retainer spring clip was too small to work. Bad engineering.

Finally I gave up and robbed parts from the old assembly which were more substantial. Then the new installation drained woefully slow. I researched possible causes and settled on an air gap problem which would be a major hassle. I decided to check one last item which is a new Delta feature promoted on the box, meant to protect against objects like rings or medicine tablets being lost down the drain. I spent a lot of time trying to find a solution. I finally removed the device and found that the drain worked properly. This new device promptly went into the garbage along with the plastic drain lever stem. Bad cheap apparently untested engineering that caused me several hours of field engineering all to save a few cents of manufacturing cost.

Hello Richard,

I’m very sorry that the Delta drain wasn't performing the way it should! We work hard to ensure each of our products operates excellently, but sometimes we miss something – which is why we have an excellent warranty program. We appreciate you bringing this problem to our attention. Our customers feedback helps us to become better. Please contact us at 1-800-345-3358 or customerservice@deltafaucet.com if you need anything at this time.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I called customer service on Monday of this week to discuss my warranty options because some of the finish has flaked off and fading/discoloring and of my Venetian Bronze Pullout Spray Kitchen Faucet body. This problem is only on the faucet body and is to the point of showing corrosion and color is fading and not the same as the pullout spray handle. The pullout spray is still a beautiful Venetian bronze color with no issues.

The customer service agent asked me to send a photo which I complied with. He then told me based on my photo that my faucet does not qualify for the warranty because of “Zinctification”. When I questioned him on this means he said it was because I have hard water and neglect. This does not make any sense because we put an Iron Curtain system and a water softener in our house. He also argued with me that photo does not show the finish has flaked off which it clearly does. He kept telling me the warranty does not cover “Zinctification” and only covers parts. I actually read to him from the website that there is a lifetime warranty on the finish and website does not say anything regarding “Zinctification”. I also told him it doesn’t make any sense that only the faucet body finish has failed if it is my neglect since the pullout spray handle is still perfect.

Our conversation was going nowhere so he said he could have his supervisor call me by Wednesday morning. I did not receive a phone call as promised Wednesday so I sent another email Wednesday evening asking for a call as promised. It is now Thursday evening and no call. Very disappointed in Delta Brand. When we built our home, plumber told us Delta was the brand to go with because of lifetime finish warranty for residential. I guess warranty doesn’t have any value.

Delta Faucets response

Hello, I am terribly sorry that your experience with Delta is such a negative experience. I'd be happy to look further into this issue. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address and phone number for further assistance.-Brandis

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My home is less than five years old and this faucet has not held up well. It takes 3-4 tries to turn it off without it leaking and the base is corroded. I hate that I'm already having to replace such an expensive faucet.

Delta Faucets response

Hello Jason, I am very sorry to hear your Delta faucet is not shutting off properly. I'd be happy to assist you with resolving this issue. Please send a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, model number and place of purchase for further assistance.-Brandis

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Seem to have the same problem others have had with the finish on Delta faucets. I have all Champagne Bronze finish fixtures in my bathroom but only the sink faucet has the finish that is spotted. Delta first told me it was because of hard water but I live in a suburban metro area. Then it was the cleaner I was using but if that was the case, the handles and the shower fixtures would also be affected and they are fine. I also have Delta fixtures in my second bathroom and have never had a problem with spotting. Their representative recommended wrapping a towel soaked with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water around the faucet over night. BAD IDEA!! The next day the finish was worse!!! No apology for making the problem worse just keep telling me that it was my fault.

When Delta returned my next phone call they now said that the faucet looked like it was scratched by a wrench during installation. Seriously, how does a wrench make spotted marks white marks on the finish!! They kept changing their response whenever I disputed their reason for the damage on the finish. I was offered 70% off a replacement faucet. This was 70% off of a list price of $574.90. I paid $326.25 for the faucet package. Delta's response was that they can't control the price of retailers and this was 70% off their list price and it was the best they could do. Delta does not stand by its products. I would not recommend purchasing from them.

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry that your experience with Delta has not been a pleasant one. I'd be happy to look further into this. Please send a private message with your full name, street address and phone number for further assistance.

Brandis

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Delta says they have a lifetime warranty that covers parts and finish, but as of now, I'm not believing it. Our faucet is leaking at the base which has caused water to pool in that area. So now at the base I am noticing a green substance forming a ring. Reading other posts, it seems to be corrosion. I have contacted Delta both via phone and email, but all they have offered me is a cartridge to stop the leaking. They continue to say that a harsh chemical has caused this reaction, but I am disputing that. Especially since the handle that is three inches from the faucet has no water leak and no damage. I believe the next step is to try and speak to somebody above the customer service rep.

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry that your experience with Delta hasn't been a pleasant one. We try our best to take care of our customers and I'd be happy to look further into this for you. Please send a private message with your full name, street address and phone number for further assistance. -Brandis

Not sure about Delta Faucets?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right bathroom remodeling contractor for you.

Delta Faucet Company expert review by Jonathan Trout

Delta designs and makes bathroom and kitchen fixtures like toilets, shower and tub faucets and sink faucets. You can choose a faucet from over 40 collections and 10 colors and finishes. You can also choose a faucet with different technology like tap-on and ADA compliant models. Prices range from under $100 to over $600.

• Faucet installation types: Delta makes and sells centerset, widespread, single-hole, vessel and wall-mount faucets. Each installation type is available in various models and styles and can be installed in your bathroom or kitchen.

• Water efficiency standards: Delta faucets that display the water-efficient seal meet California Green standards. This means kitchen faucets have a flow rate of 1.5-2.0 gpm, bathroom faucets have a flow rate of 1.2 gpm or less and shower and tub faucets have a flow rate of 1.5 to 2.0 gpm.

• Touch20.xt: Delta’s Touch20.xt technology starts the water flow when your hand moves close to the faucet. It has a 4-inch sensing field so the entire faucet acts a sensor.

• DIAMOND Seal Technology: DIAMOND Seal Technology is a new water delivery system made by Delta. It uses an internal contact surface made up of tiny diamonds to prevent leaks, keep out contaminants and make the faucet very durable.

• EZ Anchor: Delta’s EZ Anchor system makes installing your faucet easy. You can secure the faucet from the deck with no need to tighten it underneath the sink.

• Best for: consumers looking for a technologically advanced faucet.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team