2. Homeowners

DCS Grills by Fisher & Paykel

DCS Grills by Fisher & Paykel
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

DCS Grills by Fisher & Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DCS Grills by Fisher & Paykel?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DCS Grills?

Original review: March 10, 2020

This DCS oven/stove/griddle was already in the house we bought. It is from 2006-ish. My issue is this: The authorized tech as well as DCS confirmed that the part essential to fix the oven is obsolete. What this means is that we have a $10K piece of scrap metal on our hands now. Why would anyone buy a high end appliance from DCS, a co. that is not going to continue to make parts for what they sell?!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Within the first year we had repairs guys here 4 times. 3 parts replaced. The drawers don't work and look terrible and they fill with water in the rain. DCS not helpful. The BBQ is ok but for the price. Don't even think about it.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Grill components have rusted out and do not work after 10 years, very expensive to replace, considering this was a $3800.00 grill. Stainless steel exterior in great shape, but interior components, burners, igniters, and grill supports rusted.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Our 36" 5-burner was an expensive purchase, but we expected it to last. Over the last 8 years, the ignition system has been failing and finally failed completely, that means that every time you use a burner it makes a loud, steady clicking sound until you turn it off. Yesterday, the repairman told us that because the parts are no longer available, the repair will cost upward of $600 plus labor if they can find parts. This repair company won't use off-brand parts because they can't certify that they are safe -- an important consideration in a gas appliance. I no longer trust DCS/Fisher Paykel. This company sells expensive appliances then stops supporting them with parts. Bad faith vendor.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Top of the line, 6 burner DCS with smoker and infrared rotisserie, high end stainless steel construction. Great product with warranty. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Heavy gauge grates are awesome.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I paid top dollar for my Fisher Paykel DCS brand oven/range, refrigerator and dishwasher. They are beautiful stainless steel appliances and for the most part perform flawlessly. I had an issue with an oven tray and contacted their Customer Care hotline in New Zealand. They did an outstanding job handling my issue, and now I’m back to happily baking my multiple trays of holiday cookies! Kudos to the Paykel team for being so professional and responsive.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

DCS range with double oven - The thermostat system is junk and after calling Fisher & Paykel many times their reply was, "Well the parts is obsolete and you should buy a new one." I said, "I paid over $10, 000 and you’re not going to make a simple thermostat for repair." Well that fell on deaf ears. Totally unacceptable. So now I am left with this piece of junk that there are no parts for. They still advertise for the DCS professional quality??? Professional JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have a 2010 DCS dual fuel stove. I had problems with my oven’s racks falling out causing roasts etc to fall. The racks do not fit properly in the large side oven. At first I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I finally addressed the issue with DCS ‘customer service’ in another country (New Zealand!) and was told I was out of warranty. The racks literally dump hot ovens items onto the ground/oven risking serious injury. How can an extreme safety concern just be ‘out of warranty’. What brought this up today is the problems I had cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. Fortunately I was able to catch and save it today. I bought this oven in 2010 my local dealer (Anchor Appliance) in NJ. I wish I discovered and realized the issue right away so I could have had this unit taken back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

After 8 years of ownership and 2-3 years of repairs, we are finally replacing our DCS 36" gas cooktop. It has been terrible. We've spent several hundred dollars repairing it, (now, I can't even remember what they replaced or repaired) but now 4 of the 5 burners don't work reliably, if at all. I have never had any trouble with an appliance like this. I am an architect specializing in residential design and I will never recommend this product to my clients.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When redoing our entire kitchen in March 2013 we went with the DCS brand entire kitchen package of appliances. (fridge, wall stove & microwave, dishwasher and 36" drop-in cooktop). Not 2 years into having these appliances we knew we were in trouble. The biggest pain was the drop-in cooktop. Had to have the electro rod replaced and at that time found out that stating (sealed burners) really doesn't mean sealed burners. Now, less than 2 years after that am again having to have this electro rod changed out.

I have been trying to get a company here in Las Vegas that we can have it serviced by because it is under warranty for 5 years except labor. This last time the service co. they finally gave me to use cost me $170. for cleaning one of the "wink wink" sealed burners and that turned out not to be what was wrong with the unit. They then call me after a back in forth for a month telling me that they are gracious and not charging me for the part. What??? In their service and warranty pamphlet it states 5 years for material and the labor is on us.

I wanted to know how they are going to handle the same co. that I just paid and having that service cost brought forward to fix what they didn't the first time. Their people in customer service keep telling me that it is not under warranty anymore. And when you ask the silly question what does material mean they don't have an answer. If I was going to buy new appliances for my home I would stay away from this company like the plague.

DCS Grills by Fisher & Paykel Company Information