Danby Wine Coolers

Danby Wine Coolers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5

Danby Wine Coolers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Wine Coolers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby?

Original review: July 1, 2020

Bought a Beverage fridge and did have a compressor issue about 20 months after purchase. Luckily had 2 year warranty. Called customers service and they had replacement shipped to my door. Took a couple weeks to get. Were responsive to my emails and did a great job considering we were in the middle of the shutdown for Covid!

Resolution response: Feb. 25, 2020

Great Customer Service! To Danby Customer Service’s credit they resolved my issue entirely. While I did have a “lemon” of a beverage centre in the first place, Danby went out of their way to take care of me as a customer even though I was out-of-warranty by doing the following:

1) Replaced my broken unit (no longer in production) with the newer model with almost identical dimensions fitting into my custom built island
    2) Communicated with me frequently to keep me abreast of the situation
    3) Provisioned a unit from their Danby Outlet. While it had a slight blemish (very small dent) it works better than the old unit.

I’m happy to give them a 5-star rating from a 1-star. Thank you Danby.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I purchased my Danby Silhouette Lorraine (DBC047D1BSSPR) beverage center for $1200 in the summer of 2015, and had it installed during a full home renovation during the winter of 2016. The beverage center lasted 3 years at best before breaking outside of the warranty. In hindsight, I should've contacted support about my warranty sooner as the unit started accumulating ice on the inside wall after about 1.5 years... that I'd have to periodically chip off. This company should be out-of-business as their products are garbage.

Get buying tips about Wine Refrigerators and Coolers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My husband and I were given a Danby wine fridge for our anniversary in August. Early November it stopped working. I mailed in all the necessary warranty information but now they won't service it without a receipt? Whats the point of mailing in the warranty information? Danby should back their product regardless, I would of even paid for the technician to come check the problem as long as the parts were covered. Poor Customer service. I won't buy Danby in the future and will be sure to tell others the same.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased this product on the advice of a local appliance dealership in the spring of 2016. This unit ceased cooling in April of 2019 (manufactured in 2015). After a week of back and forth emails with Danby Canada I was informed that since the unit was out of warranty they could not effect repairs and provided contact information of a local service company. In a brief conversation with the service Tech he informed me that this unit was not worth repairing and I should purchase a new fridge. He also told me that this is a common fault with this particular product. A life span of less than 4 years is TOTALLY unacceptable. Had the appliance store I purchased this unit from told me the truth about these pieces of GARBAGE I would have spent more time searching other products before purchasing this unit.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I bought a double door silhouette unit in 2010 that lasted only 4 years. I'm looking to buy a cooler for my investment condo and as I was shopping, I noticed them again and realized that I never left a review. In my opinion and experience, Danby Wine Coolers are nothing but garbage. Low quality. Waste of your money. Smart thing to do is to stay away from them.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Wine Cooler DWC053D1BSSPR - Purchased unit just short of 2 years ago. Has 2 year warranty. Stopped working a few months prior to warranty expiring. After contacting customer service and uploading photos of the model # sticker on back and cutting the cord, they sent me a new unit within a few days. Customer service was responsive but am curious to see how long this one will last. They will not let me purchase an extended warranty and the warranty on the replacement is only 1 year as opposed to 2 for the original unit. Hmmmm.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Danby Silhouette wine cooler - Without a doubt the worst product I have ever owned. Started failing after 2 months. The only thing more disturbing is their inept and disinterested Consumer Service group! Have your head examined before considering a Danby product.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Danby wine fridge destroyed $800 worth of wine. The fridge froze the wine down to 20 degrees, popping out the corks. Danby admitted this is a regular occurrence with their wine fridges and offered to sell me a replacement part. The thing is, this fridge cost $700, which is a lot, but not a ton. The repair would cost $300. The fact is I should have purchased a Eurocave. Yes, they cost a lot, but when you have good wine, why go with a cheap brand like Danby.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased a 38 capacity wine bottle cooler that stopped cooling suddenly. I hired a licensed plumber to look at it and he confirmed what I suspected and what many others have reported -- the Danby product is GARBAGE. It's a poor and probably defective product! Customer Service is useless and once the unit shuts down, the innocent consumer is SOL! Let the buyer beware! DBD -- Don't Buy Danby!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Me and my wife received this as a wedding gift... Still have the receipt and after 15 months the fridge no longer works. They have horrible customer service. Once reached the only solution was to buy a new fridge and they would offer a 10% discount. Are you kidding me?? It was a $420 wine cooler. The wine that I have in there is worth more than the fridge itself!! I would never buy another product from Danby. I wouldn't be as disappointed if it was a "cheaper" model or make, but thinking that it wasn't priced higher, you would think it would last for a few years... Clearly not the case here! Buyers stay away from Danby products!!!

Danby author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Danby has been providing cooling solutions for homeowners for over 65 years. Their wine coolers allow homeowners to keep between 17 and 50 beverages chilled without taking up valuable space in their refrigerators.

• Warranty: All of Danby’s products come with standard 12, 18 and 24 month warranties that include labor, parts and servicing. Canadian consumers are eligible to apply for an extended warranty, which can protect your wine cooler for up to four years after your initial warranty expires.

• Built-in options: Homeowners seeking a customized experience will enjoy a built-in wine cooler option, which is available from Silhouette, one of Danby’s brands. Locate your local Silhouette retailer from their website to get started.

• Ideal for smaller spaces: Danby’s wine coolers are made for small spaces. They can fit between 17 and 50 wine bottles, and they are free standing, which means you can move yours around to suit your storage and space-saving needs.

• Online manuals: There’s no reason to panic about losing the manual that came with your new Danby appliance. Find the manual for your Danby product on their website.

• Remanufactured Certified products: Danby products that have been returned go through Danby’s remanufacturing process. The products are inspected, tested, repackaged and sold to consumers at a reduced cost. Danby’s remanufactured certified products are high quality products that cost less than the original products, making them a good option for budget-conscious consumers.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Danby Wine Coolers Company Information