2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Dacor Appliances

Dacor Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

Dacor Appliances Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We moved into our newly built home in April 2012. I purchased the Dacor 30" microwave drawer to complement a 30" electric oven that is installed just above

the microwave. I am very happy with my purchase, it is stylish and works well. The drawer is spacious, I can fit multiple food items in it and they all cook evenly. We use it daily and couldn't be happier with it. If I ever move, I will purchase this microwave drawer again.

Hello Ms. Deb,

Thank you for leaving such a positive and wonderful review. We are ecstatic that you love your appliance. We make it a point to make sure that our customer's satisfaction and experiences are our priority and your review proves that. So from everyone at Dacor, we thank you for your kind words and your loyalty as a Dacor consumer. We hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have an older cooktop. Yes it is 15 years going strong but I have ran into a few issues where I know the repairs would be pricey but especially the parts. After talking to a few representatives, they truly want to help you. Nothing is free and I don’t expect it to be, but I am glad they they helped me get my cooktop back to functioning again. I hope someone finds this helpful before reading or writing bad reviews.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are delighted to hear that you are truly enjoying your appliance.

We truly appreciate you being a Dacor customer.

If in the future, you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department at 833-353-5483 or via email at contactus@dacor.com.

Best,

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Replaced a prior pro style range product with 36" all gas Dacor range and couldn't be happier. The styling is outstanding and the cooking performance is far superior to prior range. Simmer burners are amazing and convection roast is absolutely outstanding. Great product and experience!

Hello John,

Thank you for purchasing a Dacor Range. We are delighted to hear that you are truly enjoying the appliance.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We truly appreciate you being a Dacor customer.

Best,

Original review: July 16, 2019

The functions are useful and so far everything works the way it supposed to. No real complaints. Convection and baking features are really useful when it is a small thing to start an oven. Easy to operate. Everyday cleaning is easy as well.

Hello Yelena,

Thank you for purchasing a Dacor appliances. We are delighted to hear that you are truly enjoying the appliances.

If in the future, you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 16, 2020

First six month, dishwasher rusted on the inside. Dacor gave us a less expensive in its place. First year, microwave was repaired five times. Microwave has a piece of wood to hold the door in place. Wall Oven, the broiler never work. Present, range oven does not work at all. We have a repairman that is trying to get parts. Present, refrigeration control panel does not work, need repair. These appliances were to be a our luxury kitchen, but turn into a nightmare. Do not buy this appliance, you are wasting your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 6, 2020

I purchased a column, panel ready fridge and freezer. There was a promotion for 10% rebate, which took me 3 months of emails to obtain and they only issued a partial rebate even though I supplied them with proof of purchase. The service was dismal. The app for the cameras and interface with the appliance hasn't worked the whole time I have had the units. They look pretty and work ok as far as cooling, but for the price they charge they should provide exceptional customer service and being that Samsung owns them you would think that the app would function.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 29, 2020

2017 purchased 36” range. First year- self cleaning overheated, replaced part. That was in 1 years warranty. But now: only 3 years barely: (I don't even cook much). Oven turns off by itself if I open the door. Oven does not turn off when I am done cooking. If I cook 450f pops warning of temp overheat. Called ABT service (this is where Dacor said) it cost $219 for a service guy to call dacor and to give me answer: I think it is android board. I have to buy a board. Plus per Dacor this board will not have wifi. So there is no Discovery- paid extra for extras I can not have...

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: April 17, 2020

Updated on 05/12/2020: I wrote a review of our Dacor kitchen and gave the company a review of 2 stars because the cooktop, ovens, and hood blower all have failed at some point. The real issue is that the company doesn't support products after sale to quote them "they do their best"... The other problem is this site, it allows companies to claim they are or have resolved issues, without a response or comment from the customer about what the Companies "Resolution" entailed. Sending me an e-mail that says sorry the thousands of dollars you invested in our products only bought you "up to" 7 years of replacement parts, isn't what most people would call a Resolution. After months of working with the retailer and Dacor the e-mail below is what they consider a Resolution:

Subject: Dacor customer service **

Hello Mr. **,

We would first like to thank you for staying a Dacor customer for as long as you have and would like to apologized for the inconvenience.

As a manufacture we are constantly innovating products and at some point parts and units do become obsolete. Dacor does provide parts for as long as we possibly can. Once the appliance becomes obsolete we are only required to hold parts for up to 7 years.

We again thank you for being a Dacor customer. Be safe during this pandemic. Have a great day.

DENISE ** | Customer Service Representative

O: (833) 353-5483 x** F: (626) 403-3130

Original Review: We built a new home in 2003 and purchased Dacor Preference appliances. Including a 6 burner cooktop, double 30 inch wall ovens, warming drawer, a microwave, and large hood with a remote blower. All the appliances are stainless. We enjoy home cooked meals and prepared at least one meal a day. Our kitchen is a work place not a show place. So these are my feelings after 16 years of use.

The Cooktop has plastic knobs and a rubber gasket under each burner and piezo electric igniters. All of these items have failed over the years. I replaced the burners some years ago because when the gasket fails the burners sputter and liquid spills leak into the bottom of the cooktop. Replacement burners fixed the problem for a while but the burner design makes this a point of failure. Additionally, the burners were expensive so we're back to sputtering burners and disassembly for cleaning. One of the plastic rings under the flame control knobs broke, we've ordered a new ring ($26) a couple of months ago but Dacor can't give us an estimated delivery date. For the past few years the Piezo electric starters only light half the burners, (they spark but the burners don't light) not a big deal but these are high end appliances, using a match to light the burners is definitely 1950's.

The 30 inch double ovens are a great size for bakers like us. The Convection feature is great. However, the first time we ran the self cleaning cycle on the upper oven the door handle on the bottom oven bubbled and melted. The real issue with ovens today, is that Dacor has stopped making replacement parts including the electric heating elements. So even though we spent nearly $3,200 for these ovens, Dacor no longer supports them.

The Microwave never worked correctly and we replaced it almost immediately. At that time Dacor used relabeled Sharp microwaves. Finally, I'm not a fan of cooking smells in the house. So, we purchased 48 inch hood with a 10 inch inline blower. This week it failed. The motor hums but the fan doesn't turn. So replacement parts? Nope. If you decide to purchase Dacor be aware that the company doesn't provide support for their products in the long term.

Original review: April 9, 2020

We have enjoyed our Dacor oven for a number of years but cannot recommend this brand due to high cost and frequency of repairs. The relay board, at $400 a pop parts cost only, has had to be replaced twice within 5 years. The oven door hinges failed in normal use so that the door would not close tightly and had to be replaced. The halogen oven lights fail frequently requiring replacement. Parts cost is only part of the issue. The inconvenience of not being able to use the oven for extended periods of time and high appliance repair labor costs are significant. All in all, a very good oven but reliability and frequency of expensive repairs lead us to not recommend Dacor ovens.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Purchased Dacor Induction Range w Convection Oven RR30NIS-C in October 2013 and LOVE this range. Accidentally broke the glass on the induction cooktop with falling object mid-March 2020. Only the glass is broken, and all other electronics, induction burners, oven, etc are functioning fine. Called Dacor support to acquire part number for a glass top for repair - obtained part number #701751 superseded by #702285, BUT was informed that the part had been discontinued and is no longer being manufactured or kept in stock. No other advice was given other than to discard the entire $6000 range. Multiple phone calls with service.

I asked for a listing of third party part distributors and was referred to four distributors on the Dacor public website and given no other info. I called all web-based third-party distributors I could find in USA and Canada to see if anyone had the part in stock, with no luck. I contacted two technicians to see if they would be able to obtain the part through their channels, with no luck. I am an engineer, so I spent some time pouring over technical manuals trying to find a solution to replace the entire induction range cooktop assembly (top part of the range) with a later model, and although it's possible, Dacor would not provide the ability to purchase an RNR30NI range cooktop assembly that could be fit into the existing housing on top of the range.

The convection oven is completely fine, and I cannot believe that Dacor has given me no other option but to pitch a six-year-old $6000 range because they stopped manufacturing one fragile part made of glass. I would imagine that many consumers may be in the same position as I, as these cooktops are breakable, and accidents happen. I have reached out to Dacor support desk numerous times without resolution, and I am at my wit's end with a $6000 boat anchor in my kitchen. What a waste of money! Poorly done Dacor!

I would like Dacor to provide me with some sort of solution whether it be the part required to fix my induction cooktop, or a replacement Induction Range with convection oven, or reimbursement of the purchase price so I can obtain a replacement on my own. If I am not able to find a solution to repair my range, I will never buy from Dacor again! Dacor will discontinue easily broken parts without warning! You may spend thousands of dollars and not be able to repair your appliance after warranty expires!

Dacor Appliances Company Information