Dacor Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Protect What Matters Most

• 8%
  • 2%
  • 67%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?
    Customer Service

Reviewed April 25, 2024

So, I called for a repairman a couple of days ago because I thought the ice maker in my $7500 fridge DID NOT SEEM to be working. What I find out after paying a service person $150 to come and have a look at it is this: The cocktail ice maker makes only 4 cubes every 6 to 8 hours. Couldn't someone have told me that over the phone? I couldn't find that bit of information anywhere on the internet and the repairman actually had to call Dacor Technical Help to find that out. I still don't have an answer for why the ice bucket doesn't fill with more than about 30 cubes. Is this anyone's idea of a $7500 fridge? I use 5 cubes of ice in a single glass of iced tea. Just another example of questions I didn't know to ask.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

We got the $8k panel ready fridge and it worked for less than 6 months. Then it would not cool properly after 6 months of repair men and not getting to a resolution it finally go fixed. Then we go 6 more months and the same thing happening again. Not cooling. The repair guy comes out and replaces every piece of the equipment of the fridge, but it still doesn't work. I need decor to replace this fridge. It should be working. Now the ice machine is out in the matching freezer. Save yourself massive headaches, time, and no food storage and get a different system.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 23, 2024

They make a beautiful appliance but they will do nothing for you once you pay thousands of dollars to own one. I purchased a Dacor refrigerator, specifically Model DRF427500AP in October 2023. However, when it was delivered it was missing its leveling feet. I contacted Dacor and Dacor scheduled an authorized service provider to inspect the refrigerator. As a result, the missing parts were ordered and set to be installed at a future date once they were delivered. After significant delay, the missing parts were delivered directly to my home and Dacor scheduled another authorized service provider to install the parts. The parts were installed on January 31, 2024 and the refrigerator was placed back in its original location.

However, in doing so, the Dacor’s service provider caused significant damage to the sides of my new custom cabinets and damaged the front and bottom refrigerator doors so that they are not able to be closed properly. I immediately contacted Dacor and provided several photographs of the damage and was advised on numerous occasions by Dacor customer representatives that I would be contacted to further discuss the matter. However, to date (March 23, 2024) I have yet to receive a resolution or even a response. Due to the negligence of the service provider scheduled and authorized by Dacor, I have been left with damaged cabinets and a refrigerator that is not able to be utilized properly and a bunch of empty promises.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2024

I ordered a Dacor built-in dishwasher as part of a gut renovation on apartment in NYC. The dishwasher didn't work from the day it was installed. Dacor's authorized "service rep" failed to repair the unit, and damaged a brand new floor in the process. Faced with continuing to deal with this company, I trashed the unit and replaced it with a Miele dishwasher. An expensive lesson.

Profile pic of the author.
      PriceStaff

Reviewed March 9, 2024

I purchased a Renaissance double oven nine years ago. I had it serviced after only 3 years when it broke down. After 8 years, it started burning things and then under cooking things, and now at nine years, the bottom oven doesn’t regulate the temperature at all so can’t be used. I spent $900 having a certified technician come in to fix it and I’m now told that it needs an electrical panel and they don’t make them anymore. Dacor told me the only solution was to buy a new oven and the replacement cost is just under $10,000. And it is built into my cabinets so we will need to find one that fits the exact specs.

Dacor advertises as luxury appliances, yet the supervisor that I spoke to yesterday told me I should not have any expectations at all as to how long something should last and that luxury did not mean quality it meant for many people how something looked. He also told me I couldn’t possibly expect a nine-year-old oven to still have parts being sold for it and as a consumer, I shouldn’t expect appliances to last any specific period of time since they were electrical. The supervisor also said when ovens and appliances were being built, they had no control over how long something would last because they were electrical and that’s how things worked !!

I asked if it was unreasonable to think that my oven should last three years before the first breakdown and then not last 10 years before it needed a full replacement. He said yes, it was unreasonable to think it would last!! Shocking that the supervisor representing Dacor would say that luxury does not mean quality and consumers should have no expectation on electrical appliances as to having any kind of warranty past one year. Why would anyone purchase a Dacor appliance if they don’t stand behind their quality or their brand. DO NOT PURCHASE

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

“Dacor”…Let’s start with their refrigerator. Doesn’t work and the freezer is frozen up. The stove top that was suppose to be set up for “propane” wasn’t converted. I’m just waiting for the microwave and oven to crap out. Don’t waste your $$$ on these appliances. Should’ve known everything from California is crap (except wine).* If you want an affordable appliance Amana is the best. Don’t be sold on these “luxury” appliances. Buy something that will actually work and last. I hope this will help people use their hard earned money to buy something that will actually do what they really need it to do. Don’t buy something just for the “prestige”. But if you want to have a “prestige” appliance I truly recommend Sub Zero. They work and last for a long time. I’ve had mine for 23 years and only had it serviced twice. Just saying. Disclaimer, I do not work for any company or have any affiliation.

Customer ServicePriceStaffReliability

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

I purchased a new Dacor 24" wide under-counter wine cellar, model RNF242WCR, for a top $1,900 "Dacor price". For that price, you would expect both high product quality/durability and competent customer service. I got none of that. Within 3 short years, the unit's door-switch started to fail. The first repair tech who came could not fix it and told me that the switch was not currently available (supply chain issues due to Dacor's acquisition by Samsung he said), and so that I was "out of luck". I personally had to find the replacement switch myself, which took several months, during which I could not use the wine fridge at all. I eventually found and ordered a replacement switch (Dacor does not supply parts - another negative). I scheduled another $150 repair tech visit, who pulled the defective switch out and showed me the super-cheap 1940s technology (must cost $1 to manufacture, for a $2K fridge price).

He also told me that the switch that I had ordered using the part number provided by Dacor was the wrong switch; we looked up the part number together in Dacor's system: I had ordered the right part number, but Dacor had the wrong part number in their system, so it was totally their error. Luckily he was able to fix the $1 switch (why was the first tech not able to do that you may ask.... good question; he was probably as incompetent as Dacor's customer service).

The third party part supplier that I was forced to use because Dacor does not supply parts refused to take back the brand-new but incorrect replacement switch, which I had paid $157.88 for, and, get this, Dacor refused to take ANY responsibility for providing me the wrong part number (not to mention for selling me a defective unit). So it cost me over $500 to get my fridge to work again, and it took many months and countless hours of my time, all this for a $1 super cheap door-switch. I will never buy anything from Dacor/Samsung appliances again. Do yourself a favor: buy from another manufacturer, since just about any of them will be a better choice than Dacor.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

To all prospective DAICOR customers, I would like to share with you my experience as an owner of DAICOR refrigerator. For the past 9 years we have constantly had issues that require the need of an authorized repair and originals parts for the unit, not to mention how costly the services are, and parts on top of that they never are in the stock, so we have to wait weeks to get it repaired. Currently we are waiting for a part almost 9 weeks. They simply do not have the parts and they can’t even say when they are getting them back! So please be aware of this before making a purchase, the customer service is horrible or not existing, it is expensive and the frustration of having a custom made unit that does not work is the worst and not worth it!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

On May 1 ordered a 11,000.00 custom panel ready refrigerator from appliance connections in New York. They deliver and set up our refrigerator 5 days later, everything was ok except the icemaker didn’t work. So I call the Appliance Connections several times getting nowhere and then decide to call Dacor. After a month they send a repairman who just replaces the icemaker, doesn’t check anything else. Well it still doesn’t work, weeks go by and they send a repairman 4 hours away from me to replace the icemaker. Again, doesn’t work and another week goes by and they send him again to replace the celenoid and circuit board. Still doesn’t work, 2 plus weeks go by and they finally agree to send a replacement. Now A&M delivery after another week, sends 2 men to install the refrigerator but realize they need 3 men.

So they need to reschedule 6 days later but then tell me a repairmen got hurt and they can’t keep the appointment. Then tell me there is only one guy that can install custom panels??? We never ask to install custom panels, that is something our cabinet maker will do. Do we see a pattern here? Lots of fabrications and utter fail at any form of customer service. They just read off a paper with very lame excuses. NEVER and I repeat Never order anything with this company. Absolutely terrible and constantly filled with excuses. Note it’s 3 plus months I have an unfinished $11,000.00 refrigerator with a non-working icemaker. Between the 3 companies I mentioned still no resolution!

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

Our oven electrical panel went out, $2500 to replace it. BUT the kicker is the tech trying to install the panel can not get any support from Samsung (who now owns Dacor) to solve the issue. The new panel is not turning on, just flashing. We’ve been at this for 6 weeks, replaced new panel with no improvement, they have been back 3 times and the install techs are frustrated because they can’t speak to anyone to get guidance. Do NOT purchase DACOR!

Dacor Appliances Company Information