Cut-Rite Complete Landscaping

88people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Cut-Rite Complete Landscaping:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

20' x 30' patio consisting of pavers - I hired this company in August of 2011 and recommend them highly. I'm wondering how many of these bad reviews are falsely fabricated by some vindictive sole. I've got to admit that it took an extra week to complete but that isn't an issue and I'm more than satisfied with the results. The job was professionally done and I have no complaints.

I am sorry that I did not read the reviews regarding Joe Loliscio before giving this creep any money. Like the other victims of this total scam artist, we too had work started that was never completed. He was contracted to do a driveway and back patio. Driveway was never completed and back patio was never even started. He also took a deposit for additional work that was never completed. He does not return phone calls and sends his "foreman" to try to appease the situation and make excuses for him. A huge mistake!!

Where do I begin...Like all of you, Joe ** scammed me too. It began in 2008 and as of May 2014, he is still promising me he will come back and finish the mess he left. I tried going through Consumer Affairs and filed the complaint. C.A. told me that he has so many judgments against him, that I would never see my money but if I saw him working to let them know and they would have him arrested. All C.A. could do was take his license away.

When I googled the judgments against him it came to over $451,000. Just imagine how much it would really be if we all sued him!! In the course of a few months, I gave him over $30,000 to make my property look beautiful and he left it worse off then when he started. Now years later everything that he did is falling apart, sinking in, or has died. I feel like a fool for trusting and believing in him. I really wish there was something we could all do to get our justice.

Joe Loliscio took off with $8000 in deposits and did $30,000 in damages to my property. He destroyed, dug up the property and never returned. The sprinkler system is destroyed; thousands of dollars in landscaping over 13 years old and the lawns are destroyed. He switches materials, brings used material, changes the job, and tries to convince you that is what you asked for, then "claims" he did work. The lies are continuous. List his excuses here, he tells Consumer Affairs he was thrown off the job. That's why he does not show up, does not return deposits and steals from the property.

He does not get the proper permits and nothing is built to code. He will show you a license. It cannot be real; he has no license! What he did start, all needs to be torn out. I believe this is a front to legally defraud residents and keep their deposits by claiming he is a business owner. He may even complete a few homes in your area. Beware! He will leave you thinking there is a balance to come back for; there is not. He gets the deposit and you become the next victim. There are hundreds of complaints but for some reason, people are not filing. Consequences? We hope to see some; however the lack of filed complaints is not helping each other. Get your complaint filed. You would be surprised what Consumer Affairs can get accomplished and the next victim will be spared.

He started work in April of 2012 and has never finished to date. Joe Loliscio of Cut-Rite Landscaping is the biggest liar and con-artist. I paid him for work to be done and he never finished. I know tons of people who he has done the same to. I would love all of you people who were scammed by him to get in touch with me. He can't keep hurting people like this. Maybe all of us together can get him in court.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cut-Rite Complete Landscaping?

This is my second write up about Cut-Rite Landscaping. I originally signed his so-called contract on May 31, 2011 (for a large paving job which included a driveway, cultured stone around garage and porch etc). I gave him a $3,100 down payment and I have only received seven half-dead arborvitae that were planted unevenly and left for all my neighbors to view. I was never able to get him back to fix the mess, return the trees or replant new ones. He made all sorts of promises to come back to fix the problem. He continued to lie and mislead us and never showed up.

After seven months of waiting, it took constant effort and persistence on our half in order to finally get something back from Joe. But it wasn't easy. He made so many promises that he would give us the money and drop it off. There were at least 15 times that he was supposed to drop the money off or meet us and he never did. Finally, he left a check that didn't clear the bank until two weeks after he gave it to us. Then after another six weeks of persistence, he gave us a second check which also took another two weeks to clear. Although some of our money was returned, he has promised for the last two months to give us the remainder that he owes us.

Joe has made all sorts of promises and dates that he would meet us and of course has not followed through. He even gave us a check that never cleared and bounced. Although he has given part of our money back, it took so much time, heartache, time away from family, from work and social activities in order to stay on top of this disturbed man who we actually feel sorry for. I have contacted Fox 5 and the producer is waiting for me to give her the green light to expose this guy. If he does not return the balance that he owes me, I will pursue this.

In May of 2011, I met with Joe ** from Cut-Rite Landscaping. He came to my home to give me an estimate on a new patio, walkway, driveway apron and some planters. He seemed very friendly and extremely generous. He was confident and professional. The price he gave me was much less than anyone else could come close to. It all seemed too good to be true. Well, guess what, it was too good to be true.

He promised to have the work completed by August 6th of 2011! After taking $2,400, he was gone and the circus began. He completely tore up my backyard! He left a dirt and gravel pit for several months. Every time I would call him, he would have some lie prepared. He would promise to be coming this week and would never come. From time to time, he would send his partner Hugh over with one or two workers. They would stay an hour or so and then leave again. Each time, they would leave my yard in ruins and promise to be coming back tomorrow or Tuesday or whatever.

It is now the end of February and I have a giant cat litter box for a patio. I have two huge holes on my side yard where he said he was going to dig drywalls. These holes are filled with rain water and pose a clear and present danger to my children. Because of this, my kids have very limited use of their own yard. Does Joe care? Not one bit!

Recently, they brought over some pavers. They are all beat up, scratched, discolored and really old looking. Joe and Hugh claim that they are brand new. No way! I decided to go to a brick yard to compare a new stone with the garbage they brought to me. Believe me; the stones he brought to me were not brand new.

After 10 months of major stress and anxiety, I called Joe to tell him to never step anywhere near my home or my family again. I strongly suggest that you do the same. I only hope many people read this so that they do not lose money, time and sanity! By the way, I only chose to use Joe after I had seen some of his work. Don't be fooled by this tactic. It is a great Ponzie scheme. He completes a few jobs so that he can steal money from people. Even if your best friend recommends this man, do not use him. Unfortunately, I have had to hire a new contractor to fix and finish the work that Cut-Rite started.

They scammed many people out of money. He says he is opening new businesses (pizza places, subway sandwich shops, building homes, a line of mafia clothing etc.) and is taking investors. He has a partner who claims to be a retired NY policeman, giving Joe credibility. I personally am aware of him scamming over $500 thousand from 8 investors. Doctors, business owners and hard working people have fallen prey to his cons. He claims he has ties to the mob and connections to get contracts. He introduces people to Albert **, the son of the infamous Mob killer. Albert wrote a book called "For the Sins of my Father". DA's office has been contacted, but more people need to do the same in order to get their attention. An attorney has been hired, but it ends up costing a great deal of additional money for the attorney that they could not afford.

Even if they did take it further and won the civil case, would they get the money from Joe? They had to drop the case. Joe's 1st attorney supposedly had quit on Joe due to none payment. He has been delaying the legal process, he knows the system wWith the help of Hugh the cop. Many people have also hired him to do landscaping that he never completes and any work he might do has to be done over. I will post more info on the district attorney who was contacted. Because of this, I have lost a great deal of money!

He was a horrible and the worst contractor ever. He took my money and never completed my work. HE took money on April 7, 2011. I need help. Does he have a license? I want my money back.

On May 31, 2011, Joe ** from Cut-Rite landscaping showed up at my house for an estimate. Two hours later, he walked out with almost $3,000 that I gave him for a down payment for a job that includes a complete tear out of driveway, which is to have new pavers installed and widened, walkway to backyard, resurface porch with pavers and three half cultured stone columns, cultured stone installed around bottom half of garage and front foundation around porch, 2 half light columns installed at base of driveway and 7 arborvitaes. On June 23, 7 half-dead and unevenly planted arborvitaes were installed. He sent two "so-called" masons and top workers, who showed up with no machinery, no peat moss, no extra dirt and two small shovels. No work has been started or completed.

Joe has not been to my house since he came for the estimate on May 31st. In fact he has not contacted us since July, August, September, and October. In November, we reached out to him numerous times and he continues to respond days later and repeatedly lies to us telling us that he will be getting started soon. We finally told him that we don't want the job done at all and he has promised our money back. He has told us every lie, every scam; his stories don't line up with the next. He needs to be exposed for all of the families he has caused heartbreak and stress to.

There have been so many paying customers who have had the same thing happen to them and even worse there have been customers who have had work started and a mess/unsafe work area left around the exterior of their houses. Please pray for this very sick man who can't help but steal, lie, scam, lead on, provoke, manipulate innocent people, neighbors, relatives and friends. Please, somebody help and expose this horrible human being. Please don't be as foolish as we were. Don't give this man your money, even if you know someone that had work done by him. Don’t do it, don't trust him; he will lie and tell you everything you want to hear. Thank You.

They scam us of lots of money and never did the work. I called all the time, and they never showed up. They sent two incompetent, clueless men posing as masons. I had to rehire other people to rip out the major mess they made including dripping cement all over the inside of our granite pool, breaking the sprinkler system, ruining the fence and bluestone, lawn, and driveway. Biggest scam artist. I should have checked with Citysearch to read horrendous reviews before hiring this despicable, phony creep!

We hired Joe to complete a driveway and walkway at our house. It has been 3 months and still no work has been completed. I have been trying to reason with him and on several occasions asked him point blank if i can have my money back to hire someone else to do the work. He first says no problem and then says I will be here on this date and then it all starts all over again. He never shows. He always has excuses and never picks up the phone. If and when he picks up he claims, he is on his way over to start. It is pathetic that this even exists it today's world we live in. It's very unprofessional.

He was originally recommended to me by a neighbor. He gave an estimate for the cement and pavers in the backyard for patio and walkways. After we discussed that the amount to do the work would be $3,000, a deposit was requested by him of $1,000 paid by check, balance to be paid upon completion in 6-8 weeks from April 18, 2009. After 6-8 weeks had passed, phone calls were made to him and he continually made excuses that the weather was not good; however, he would promise to show up as soon as the weather permitted--but he never did.

After several months passed, he did finally show up, broke up the existing patio and walkways and then disappeared again. After repeatedly calling and promises of showing up, I finally left a final message for him that I was going to small claims court. He never responded. On June 10, 2010, I filed a formal complaint with small claims court. When each court date came, he showed and promised yet again that he would complete the job. After three court dates, I was granted the judgment against him. He was served with the papers regarding the judgment.

I also filed with the Suffolk County Police department to collect the debt owed. As of today, April 13, 2011, almost two full years later, I still do not have any work completed nor have I received any refund due me from the judgment. Meanwhile, I have found a few other people that got estimates to be done--deposits were given to him and they have experienced exactly the same treatment.

We hired Joe to do some brick work on our home as well as an outdoor kitchen in the backyard. He signed our original contract. Back in 2007, he took $4,000 from us and never came back to finish what he started. He also took $1,000 deposit for the backyard which he never started and sold us a fireplace insert for $700 which has been sitting here for 3 years now. He is nothing more that a conman who needs to be stopped taking advantage of unsuspecting individuals. The wall is falling apart and the house looks like trash. He has taken $5,000 from us and now it will cost us that much to fix what he messed up. We want our money back.

Let me save everyone a lot of heartache and give you all a piece of advise. He is cheap in his price and expensive in the repairs needed to fix his work. He never returns a call and if he does he has a million excuses as it is always someone else's fault. I had work done to my home which resulted in flooding in my home to which I was told this has never happened to him before. His poor attempt at correcting the problem almost a year later has resulted in the cost to fix the problem will end up costing more. I even gave him referrals in which he profited from. To be treated the way I have been is embarrassing and frustrating.

His assistant Hughie is just as bad. My wife overheard him tell Joe that the problem was bigger than he let on and still they denied everything. This is resulting in my having to sue him for the cost to fix my home and his cheap attempts at repairs. Stay away from him.

We signed a contract with Joe (Owner) of Cut Rite Complete Landscaping in May 2009 for our patio to be paved and a pond installed in our backyard. He agreed to have the job completed by the end of June 2009, however, this job was not complete until August 2009. Once complete we began to have all kinds of water issues and water has since begun to rush into our house and cause flood damage in our living room as a result of his poor work. He came back to 'fix' it but only took a look at the damage. 2 months later and 3 floods later, the job has still not been complete. Joe lies and comes up with an extraordinary amount of excuses for his 'work', or should I say, lack thereof. He promises to come to the house to fix the problem, we will take time off of work to meet and he will never show up. This has happened time and time again. So not only did the job take a ridiculous amount of time to complete, but more importantly, he did a poor job and as a result has caused damage to the interior of my house, which he has not fixed after months and months of calls. I would not recommend Joe and Cut-rite to do a job for my WORST enemy! Complete nightmare!

Signed a contract on May 1st 2008 to have our driveway redone by Mr Loliscio's company and gave him $4,000.00 as a deposit. The contract states "Install complete Brick Driveway 2,600 sq ft Cambridge Onyx natural" "Install 2 drywells" Work will begin 7-8 weeks work till completion" Joe came to us on 9/11/08 any asked for an additional $1,000.00 which we supplied. Work began on November 26 2008 and we Gave Joe $8,000.00 the workers were at the house for two days. On November 28 2008 we gave Joe another $1,600.00. Joe sent two men to do some small things for another day and then they did not return again until December 9 2008 when again we gave Joe another $2,500.00 for supplies due to his measuring the driveway INCORRECTLY and had to order 7 pallets of brick.

We did not hear from Joe again until May 2009 when after repeated calls he finnally returned our call. He assured us that he will be at our house within a couple of weeks with our brick and complete our job. When it was nearing July I called again and complained about not hearing from him or receiving the brick he told me of a car accident he was in and other excuses and said the brick will be comming. We did receive the brick in July and it was not the same brick as before therefore not matching the driveway. We did not make an issue and decided to work with the different brick.

On September 20th Joe came back to lay the second batch of brick only to discover that AGAIN he did not order enough brick and asked for $1,200.00 for four additional pallets. We paid him for the brick against our better judgement and were told {promised) that the work will be completed by October 10 2009. as of today October 9 2009 Joe has not attempted to finish or had the brick delivered. I had called him several times in the last couple of days and left messages on his voice mail and have not received any reply.I truly believe that he does not intend to finish or get us the supplies that we paid for.To date we have paid Joe $18,300.00. We still have an incomplete drive, no step to get on the front stoop, still have no drywells, sinking brick from leaving drive unfinished for so long. We have called Joe at least 30 times in the last 11 months and even gave him an out by just giving us money back and we would finish the job with someone else and each time we were told that he PROMISED to finish.

Cut-Rite installed a small waterfall, stream and pond in July 2008. Constant water loss resulted from improperly installed liners. Cut-Rite attempted to repair and failed. Cut-Rite stated they would replace the liners. Cut-Rite has made and failed to keep repeated appointments to affect the repair. Cut-Rite also stated they would repair the cracking cement border on the paved walkway installed in April 2008 when the pond and stream were repaired. This also has not been done. Cut-Rite received $1500.00 in cash for the waterfall and $4900.00 in cash for the walk.

We hired this company on March 2, 2008 to install an outdoor brick fireplace,a garden wall around the perimeter of our rear property, a bench and 2 drainage pipes. The work was promised to be done before March 17,2008. It is still not completed. My backyard looks like a construction site with tools, wheelbarrels and piles of stone and cement. All of which is dangerous for my young son and his friends. It is almost impossible to get in touch with Mr. Loliscio. When he does call he is full of excuses and more broken promises. He has,on many occassions, called to say that they are on their way over so we wait home and he doesn't show up or call for another week.

On his last visit he installed leftover stone from a past job onto my fireplace to cut corners-of course it didn't match and had to be taken down. He is completely unprofesional. He has had to use my personal tools, my husband has busted his back outside working along side his workers to help move things along. He hit pipes that broke our sprinkler system that we neede to fix ourselves. One day he even parked one big work truck in our driveway and left the premises in another, leaving my garage blocked and me stuck. It is quite unbeliveable to say the least. Dealing with this man is so frustrating that it is beyond words. I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. We have decided to cut our losses and finish the job ourselves. The only problem is that we are afraid he will backlash and damage our property as he has threatened to do if we end our dealings with him. We have photographed the area as documentation of the entire incident.

Contracted in August 2006 to finish inground pool area. The area was to be enclosed on two sides with a 6 ft. wall finished in field stone and the other two sides with Jerith brand estate fence (with the contractor securing the permits from the town). Waterfall and pool coping in stone for pool edge would be decided; circular stairs, patio area was to be 750 sqft of tumbled stone by Cambridge color toffee/onyx.

Additional upfront monies were asked by the contractor in order to take advantage of a buy-in deal on the material that would increase the square footage for the patio to 1400 and boulders to decorate the perimeter of the 130 X 94 area. It was understood that after the pool's installation the work could begin September of 2006. This is the problem it is approaching August 2007 and nothing has really started, as of 2 weeks ago there is only about 100 ft of wall up about 3ft high. Every week has been a series of broken promises to show up to do work. Daily phone calls are returned with the assurance that his crew is coming but they never show.