2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: July 30, 2020

This coffee maker has a grinder for coffee beans as well as a timer so I can have freshly brewed coffee from whole beans at any time I like. It can be set for anywhere from 4 to 12 cups. It has an automatic shut off which is great for people like me who leave the house and then wonder "did I shut off the coffee pot?" I would prefer it were a bit hotter and a bit stronger for a full pot. A half pot can be made stronger by simply adding extra beans. It can also be used with ground coffee so for those who don't want to keep beans or have a favorite brand that does not offer beans so it really is very versatile at a moderate price range.

Original review: July 27, 2020

This review is for the 12C + single cup maker. I love the fact that if I only want a single cup I can get it or on days when I'll be home I can brew a pot and bring the insulated carafe with me. The other helpful aspect is that in "those" mornings where I really need help getting going, I can drink an entire pot (ready when I get up, of course) and then grab a single "to go" cup as I'm out the door.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2020

The Cuisinart DCC-1200 has been a great auto drip coffee maker that has worked super for the price of 60-70 dollars. It comes with many features with a main small clock on the front with an hr and min buttons directly under the clock. Has a carafe temp knob with the 2nd knob turns on and off auto brew, clock, brew and prog selections. Also has a 1-4 cup button. This is the second time I have bought this same coffee maker, for the price. You will be extremely happy. See a video on this coffee maker, many, many people like this model and its brew, as well. Be blessed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I have several Cuisinart skillets along with other brands. The quality of the cuisinart is amazing. It has withheld everything I have cooked in them over a course of 10 years and still looks as new as the day I bought them. They are by far the best brand of cookware. Although a little higher in price but very well worth every penny you pay for them because they are so durable and strong. They show no signs of wear at all even after all this time. There are very east to clean and I would recommend them to anyone. Well worth it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I bought Cuisinart cookware as I was tired of the cheaper brands not holding up long term. The set I have is clad so food cooks well and clean up is done in no time flat. The one drawback is the lids don't fit every pot. Cooking must be done on medium heat. High heat will destroy the finish. All in all I am quite pleased with my Cuisinart cookware. It has held up very well and continues to offer exceptional cooking options as to pot size.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I purchased an automatic coffee maker plus hot water/tea machine. In less than a year my hot plate became rusty and started to peel. I called customer service and explained my situation, showed proof of purchase. Was expecting them to just send me the damage part. To my surprise they sent me a new coffee marker! Worth every penny spent when you have a company that stands behind their product!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased several pieces of Cuisinart as a gift for my daughter, however I purchased 1 8" or 9" top of the line skillet for $50.00, for myself ,since at my age I sometimes do fix me some eggs in it. The last 2 times I have fried 2 eggs in this skillet with canola oil the eggs have stuck so Bad that I had to put dish washing soap in it and allow it to soak overnight just to remove the pieces of stuck eggs. Sent Cuisinart an Email stating the above problem, and was told to take 2 or 3 exact pictures showing stuck eggs and send to Cuisinart. I emailed them back and suggested they do some of the work to help me, since my age 73, does not allow me to do a lot anymore for various health reason's, Cuisinart's response ---was too bad, do it their way or shut-up. My point just be careful purchasing anything with Cuisinart on it, cause they are Rotten.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

TOA-60 Cuisinart AirFryer Oven. I needed a small countertop oven when I moved into a retirement center. My requirements were that I could fit a 12 inch pizza in it, that I could bake bread in a loaf pan, it was in my price range (living on social security). I looked online at all the available options and chose the Cuisinart TOA-60 AirFryer Toaster Oven. When the oven arrived I plugged it in, placed an oven thermometer inside, and set the temperature to 350 degrees. I waited for the temperature to level at 350 degrees but it never did. The temperature kept going up! I tried all the different settings and the temperature would never hold steady. A steady temperature is needed to bake.

I called Cuisinart and explained the problem and they sent me another oven. When it was here I plugged it in and repeated the temperature check. The temp was not holding at a steady rate. It seemed as if there was no thermostat at all. It would just keep getting hotter. Once again I called Cuisinart and they politely said they would send me another one. I asked the representative if I could get a refund and she explained they wouldn’t do that but could issue credit towards another Cuisinart product. I told her I really needed an oven that would work and the odds were not in favor of the next oven working either. She said they would send me another one or issue credit with no other options. I said alright then, send another oven.

They did send another one and it has the same problems as the others. I looked online and saw that other people had the same problem with the same problem. I’m not sure what the statistics are, but a large percentage of people have had this issue and it seems wrong that Cuisinart hasn’t dealt with it or that at least they should offer a refund. I’m very disappointed with Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I have owned two of Cuisinart's "grind and brew" coffee makers. The latest was model number DGB-900 BC. The first one developed a leak in the heating coil but was just out of warranty so Cuisinart did not do anything for me. I bought a second one because I figured the first one was just a fluke. NOPE,,, The next one leaked in the exact same manner as the first and after the warranty expired. Searching the internet the first time there have been other customers complaining about the same problem. I would have hoped Cuisinart would have rectified the problem but apparently not. Such a shame because I loved the grind and brew convenience. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This time a bought a Moccamaster made in the Netherlands. I am hoping that it lasts as long as they say it will. It makes an excellent cup of coffee, much better that Cuisinart. Time will tell.

Tom B.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

First of all, it is programmable. I can program it to wake me up at the desired time I like. It grinds fresh beans which is a plus for me. Secondly, I like French Roast and the coffee is great. Best of all it is easy. I hear the grinding, smell the coffee and wake up to a pleasant day. NO rush, No bother. Just enjoy my Morning Joe.

Cuisinart author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information