Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2014

Purchased this unit and within three months it stopped working. Got a replace from where we purchased unit and it worked fine for about six months. Now when you set the programmer to start the coffee, that part works HOWEVER the unit turns itself OFF so the coffee doesn't stay hot. ALSO, sometimes it doesn't run all of the water thru the unit to make all of the coffee. You have to switch it over to the "on" cycle to get it to finish making and to keep the heating unit on. Definitely NOT impressed with this unit and definitely NOT worth the extra to pay for the Cuisinart (name doesn't always mean better).

Original review: July 3, 2014

Cuisinart Coffee Maker Model DCC-1100 - I purchased my coffee maker in Dec. 2013. Within 3 months my heating element went out. After calling and finding out they would replace it but only if I would pay shipping both ways, which was $11.00 each way, $22.00 total, I decided to go ahead and pay the shipping and get a new one. I received it approx. May 1st. My auto program didn't work from day one and now July 3rd woke up to water all over my counter. Again I called. I would need to pay shipping. I argued that this was a faulty replacement. I shouldn't have to pay shipping again - they would waive the 1st shipping but I would have to pay to ship mine back - what a crock! Do yourself a favor. Do Not purchase a Cuisinart coffee maker. Mine is going in the garbage!

Original review: June 20, 2014

Purchased the item in Jan. 2010. Returned in Dec. 2011 because the coffee maker was leaking most of water from the bottom of the unit. A new unit was shipped Jan.2012. Coffee maker started leaking again in March of this year. Contacted the customer service dept. and was promised a response, as of today none. Last date requesting a help was Jun 5, 2014. After researching online found this was a design flaw. I feel that they replaced my unit with the same design flaw.

Original review: June 17, 2014

Came downstairs to burning smell. Had made coffee already, but machine was now turned off, only plugged in. Glad I was home because smoke was pouring out of hole on the inside of lid. Wasn't new - eight years old. 12 Cup Programmable.

Original review: June 16, 2014

Cuisinart blows. Will never purchase another product from these people again, ie: coffee maker, food processor, or toaster. All that I have purchased have gone TU in less than a year. The company is of no help at all. Premium prices for MADE in CHINA garbage!!! Bought the same of the aforementioned from other companies and they are still going strong with no issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: June 7, 2014

I love our carafe-free coffeemaker and it's great when it doesn't leak. It doesn't leak every time, but it's a mess and waste when it happens. Sometimes, there's a small puddle of water on the counter and other times, 8 cups of coffee leak out onto the counter and floor. Shopping today.

Original review: June 7, 2014

The very first time I used the Cuisinart Coffee Plus... I was attempting to flush cold water through the machine prior to first use, as directed in the instructions. The unit did not want to turn on. I unplugged it and pushed the on/off several times and, just when I was about to give up, the blue indicator light came on. I shrugged this off as a first-use glitch since it seemed to be working and left the room.

A few minutes later, I started smelling a strange smell, which became more acrid and I realized it wad something burning. I ran into the kitchen to find it filled with smoke! There was smoke pouring out of every part of the machine, on the coffee side, as well as the hot water side which wasn't turned on. I pulled out the plug. Then I took the carafe of its heating plate - there were sparks shooting out of the little metal disk in the plate! Sparks! The bottom of the carafe was browned, and it took several minutes for the machine to stop smoking. This all happened within a few minutes of walking of turning it on, barely time to fill one pot. Also, the heating plate temperature was only on medium; there was a higher temperature.

After the machine cooled, I also noticed the area around the plate was warped and melted. It was really scary and this product should not be on the market! Note, I am giving this 1 star because this form won't let me give zero. But since this was my very first use, and it failed utterly, I don't think it even deserves the one star. Also, the one star indicates that I'm angry, but really I'm just flabbergasted! And concerned that someone might get hurt with one of these!

Original review: June 7, 2014

Cuisinart DC-7900 - Pretty simple, was making coffee this morning and smoke started to come from the bottom section... not good. I was actually in the kitchen, so I was lucky enough to unplug it and take it outside. The entire bottom section looked like it was melting away. WOW... if I was at work and the timer went off and my wife and son were in the house and not awake yet, could of been a different situation. Of course fire alarm would sound, but I am guessing a small fire grows quickly. So, no more Cuisinart for me!!

Original review: June 6, 2014

We have had our coffee maker a little over a year. We bought it from Lowes. For the last 3 months at random times, the grinder comes on and off. Once while I was making coffee without the grinder, the grinder came on mid cycle and would not shut off. My husband was able to get it off that time. The next morning it came on again by itself. I unplugged it. This is the freakiest thing I have encountered in a household product. From the reviews, I am not alone. These makers are too expensive to be so bad. I had a west bend percolator for 20 years. That was a coffee pot!

Original review: May 31, 2014

I finally found a way to get my Cuisinart coffeemaker (10 cup) to stop overflowing all over the counter. I now stick a knife under the pot at the front while the brewing takes place. The knife blade is just thick enough to force the little gizmo inside the plastic basket-holder up a bit so that the water flows more freely into the pot. No more overflowing. Looks a little weird, but what the heck.

Original review: May 24, 2014

Up until last night we never had any problems with our Cuisinart DCC-1100. Our coffeemaker had been off for two hours. The auto brew function was not set. My wife was already asleep, I was heading off to bed when I smelled burning plastic. As I entered the kitchen, I could hear "boiling" water and observed smoke coming from the coffeemaker. It was the four cups of coffee unused boiling in the pot. I quickly unplugged the unit and took it outside.

Key Points:
1. My wife was asleep.
2. The coffee maker was "off".

3. Auto Brew Function was "off".

Original review: May 16, 2014

I purchased this Cuisinart Grind and Brew because I had owned the previous model and really enjoyed the coffee it made. Unfortunately after returning the third Grind and Brew machine, I decided that after three strikes it was time for a different brand of coffee maker. This machine made great coffee and has the ability to hold several days' worth of beans in the hopper. I also like the design, not too institutional. The problem was that the grinder on all three machines stopped working after several months. I read the instruction booklet and followed all the directions to clean the bean shoot regularly, doing it every two days with the last machine and still the grinder stopped functioning. With a redesign of the grinder, this machine could make a comeback, if they don't wait too long!

Original review: May 16, 2014

We purchased this Cuisinart Coffee maker FIVE months ago from Younkers. I usually have it programmed to brew coffee a half hour before we wake up. However, thank The Lord I forgot to do it last night because a few minutes after I turned it on to brew, I heard a pop and crackling in the kitchen. I walked in to find the coffee maker smoking and crackling AND the SMELL, was just awful!!! I immediately unplugged it and ran it outside where it continued to smoke for several minutes. We have a two story home with all the bedrooms upstairs. I have two small children and this coffee maker should NOT be on the market anymore!!!! PLEASE recall it. I can't imagine how this would have turned out if I had set the timer like I always do, and was sleeping during this horrific event.

Original review: May 5, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart DGB-650 top grinding coffee maker and it worked well for about a year. It then started refusing to turn on at times. The other functions seemed to work OK when I could get the machine to turn on. So we purchased a Cuisinart DGB-700BC, the Burr Grind Coffee maker and put the other machine away to use as a back up unit. I take very good care of my makers, cleaning them at least as often as recommended, calcifying them as directed, etc. After less than 6 months, my very expensive Burr Grind unit began to occasionally fail to pump the water out of the maker into the coffee pot, then at about 6 months after purchase, refused to pump water out at all.

It would grind coffee beans with no problem, but would not pump the water. As both makers were still under warranty, I called the manufacturer. It turns out that they require you to pay an up front $10.00 fee for each unit and you are responsible for mailing the unit back to them for replacement/ repair, which is a little over $30.00 for each coffee maker. The reason you are required to return the unit is so that "their quality control people can diagnose the problem and try to fix it". I don't feel it is my responsibility to pay the manufacturer to figure out what they are doing wrong. These units have a 3 year warranty and I should not have to spend $40.00 per maker to have them honor the warranty.

Original review: April 30, 2014

Model DCC-750 - A pot of coffee had just been brewed when I heard a loud pop and began to see smoke billowing from the bottom of the unit. It was unplugged and put outside until it stopped burning. From the reviews on the internet, there is a definite defect with this product and should be recalled before someone is burned or their home is destroyed by fire. This model was purchased at JCP.

Original review: April 29, 2014

Thought Cuisinart was of good quality. I've purchased their coffee pots and Burr bean chopper and had no problem until a year later the pot just surprisingly turned off after brewing. I've sent a request to the company to find out why it's behaving like this. So far, no response. Whatever happened to customer service in this country. Companies don't care anymore and won't stand by their products. Sad!

Original review: April 19, 2014

Purchased the Cuisinart Soup Maker Blender. Used it 3 times and the next time it won't power on. Called customer service and they gave me a repair reference number to send it in for repair. We sent it in and received it back in 2 weeks in the same condition it was in before. Cost $25 for shipping to get it repaired and it still doesn't work. I thought Cuisinart was a first class company that makes quality products. Obviously I was wrong. I will not purchase another Cuisinart product.

Original review: April 18, 2014

My wife started the coffee maker and minutes later called me frantically that the coffee maker was on fire. When I got there seconds later it was making all kinds of noises as in shorting out and was engulfed in smoke. No I didn't see any actual flames but the base heating disc was glowing red and no doubt would have caught fire.

Original review: April 3, 2014

I had made coffee in my pot, and it was fine. I have used this pot for close to a year. I overheard the crackling in the kitchen, smelled smoke, quickly had unplugged the item to take outside. No flames. Looked up Cuisinart's number to see if there was a recall. Explained my situation, sending me a new pot on 7-10 days. I just have to cut off the cord, send it to Glendale, Arizona. Very pleased with the customer service.

Original review: March 31, 2014

If you can, avoid purchasing Cuisinart appliances at all costs!!!! I have a Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet that is brand new and stopped working after the first dozen times of gentle use. The reviews on websites show this to be a consistent problem. I also learned that you can send the product back to the company. You pay for shipping and and handling both ways, and most people had the product work for a very short time after its return! Don't waste your money! I wish that I would have read the reviews before purchase. I also have a Cuisinart coffee maker that stopped brewing coffee after owning for a very short time. Literally used fewer than 6 times! Please learn from my mistakes and read the reviews prior to purchasing these electronics! Steer clear of Cuisinart....

Original review: March 31, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart coffeemaker in December 2012 at Williams-Sonoma. This morning when I made my pot of coffee, I thought my house was having an electrical fire because of the smell. I realized it was coming from the kitchen and eventually figured out that it was my coffeemaker, which had shut off but was still making hissing noises and smelled like plastic burning. I immediately unplugged it. Just as all the comments on this site say, I am just glad I was home. It is a programmable model (I think CBC1600), but I could not find this model listed anywhere.

I think I'll just go buy another coffeemaker made by a different company (definitely NOT another Cuisinart!). I don't trust replacing this one with another Cuisinart after reading all of the complaints about their coffeemakers. I wouldn't have bought this one if I had read these, but I was under the mistaken impression that Cuisinart was a good name and certainly one I could trust. I'm too afraid to buy another for fear it will cause my house to burn down.

I am not going to bother calling Customer Service either. When I first purchased this coffeemaker, my coffee tasted like plastic for the first month and a half. When I called them, they did nothing to help. The only suggestion they had was to run lemon water through it, which I told them I had already done 3 times. I'm sure they are not going to address this situation, especially based on how they've handled these other customers complaints and I've spent enough money on this coffeemaker that I'm sure not going to spend more to send it back to them to get a replacement that is not safe and I cannot trust!

Original review: March 30, 2014

During a brew cycle of my Cuisinart Coffeemaker DCC-750 it began making a popping and sizzling noise and began smoking smelling of burned plastic and the heating plate turned bright red. I unplugged the machine and took it outside where it continued smoking for several minutes. I understand Cusinart is not taking responsibility for these incidents; therefore, I reported it to the CPSC.GOV and recommend anyone who experiences problems with their coffee maker REPORT IT TO CPSC immediately. They need to recall these appliances (and other models) ASAP before there is a fatality.

Original review: March 27, 2014

I sent back my original Cuisinart coffeemaker DCC 2800 because it simply stopped working after only a year and it had a 3 year warranty! I was charged $10 before the replacement could be sent, and was told to send back the broken model in the box containing the new coffeemaker. As would any logical consumer, I expected there would be a return prepaid shipping label, as is the custom with most warrantied merchandise. Therefore, imagine my disappointment when there was literally no return label (not even an address on a slipshod piece of paper)!

Upon calling Cuisinart, I was told shipping was my responsibility. So we prepared to ship it off to Glendale, CA. We hauled the old broken coffeemaker off to UPS, and received a further shock when the return shipping price proved to be $21.71. Quite a warranty, since it has cost us $31.71 to replace, and I don't even have a new receipt to show in case this replacement should also fail to work properly within 3 years. I believe Cuisinart should have paid the shipping to return their defective product.

Original review: March 15, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart 12-cup coffee maker in Dec 2013. I had just come back to the house after dropping my kids off at school. The coffee machine was off but I heard some crackling. I went to check on it, thinking I might have accidentally hit the on button after rinsing out the coffee pot, but saw that it was off. Minutes later, the crackling noise continued so I went to unplug the machine and saw black smoke coming out of the back of the machine. The black smoke got worse and smelled of burning plastic. I quickly threw it outside into the snow. I later returned it to Williams-Sonoma where I purchased the machine. Ironically, there was another customer returning the same coffee pot because she had read of the same problem. It scares me that Cuisinart has done nothing about this problem. Had I not come back to the house (by the way, my dog was still in the house!), I could have returned to a horrifying situation. Please do not buy a Cuisinart coffee machine!

Original review: March 14, 2014

Bought a Cuisinart coffee maker and the heating element failed in about 6 months. Used it probably once a day, 5-6 days a week. Cuisinart customer service was easy and they sent me a new unit - even though I had to pay to return the bad one. Well, now the new one has failed in the same way as the first after about 3-4 months of same use. It's sad a brand like this has this issue. I don't want to go a third round. I want a reliable product. Any suggestions?

Original review: March 5, 2014

Recently bought a $90 Cuisinart blender and true enough it was just good to look at but gave no performance, went dead after 3 months. I reached out to Cuisinart for help and was told to send it to the warehouse and pay for shipping and repair cost for their badly made product. I may be stupid once but twice - no never. Never going to buy Cuisinart products - they broke my heart.

Original review: March 2, 2014

I have cleaned the hot water side of my coffee maker with white vinegar so many times, I actually used a gallon of vinegar and there is still something coming out in the water that I will not drink. We have had this for a year and the water part has been so gross since day one. It is like slime coming out. I do not know any other way to clean it. Any suggestions????

Original review: Feb. 28, 2014

Made video of malfunctioning coffee maker to YouTube. Cuisinart's reply: look, here's a fancy model. Please inform us on what's been done about the ones that have caught on fire? If you insist on learning from your mistakes, purchase fire insurance.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2014

The Roaster was $45.00. The first time I cooked in it, the Stick Free lining came out in my food. I baked a Pork Roast in it. I sent photos to Cuisinart. They sent a return email asking the "color and model number". The color was obvious by the photos and there is not a model number on a baking pan! I called Customer Service. They asked me to pay shipping to Cuisinart and send a $7.00 check to pay for my return postage, in case they do find a defect and send a new pan. She argued with me that the defect was my fault. That they only have certain rules regarding shipping. I pay both ways. The metal lining was in my food. I am calling an attorney to seek restitution for a potentially hazardous substance being released into my food. It ruined a $15.00 roast as well.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Following routine use of the Cuisinart air popcorn maker, my husband and I became simultaneously nauseated. Reasoning that we both ate different foods and different locations and times, the only commonality was the odor produced while making of the popcorn. I did not eat any popcorn, but still became nauseated at the same time, thereby making it an inhalation danger. The CO detector did not go off, but I think we need to have the machine tested in a lab to see what fumes it gave off to make us so sick… We keep checking our dog as he is much more vulnerable. Has anyone else had similar experiences? And if so, why have they not been pulled off the market??

Cuisinart Company Information