Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I purchased my Cuisinart coffee pot a few years ago. I really liked how it has the grinder and the programming function. My primary complaint was that I had to clean it out every other day to ensure that it wouldn't get clogged. From that standpoint, it's a relatively high maintenance unit. But while I was relatively happy with the coffeepot, my satisfaction grew to deep dissatisfaction this morning when I was sitting at breakfast and it started smoking. At first I thought something was on the burner plate. The unit had just switched off a few minutes beforehand. Then, I noticed that smoke was coming out of the cord that connects to the back of the coffeepot. I immediately unplugged it and thanked my lucky stars that I was home when it started to smolder. This definitely could have lead to a house fire. The smell of burning plastic was awful.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

Cuisinart Single Serve Brewing System - This machine works great until about 1-2 months after purchase when two needles (one entry and one exit) on the machine become clogged. I found out about one of them by reading the troubleshooting section, but the other needle I had to find out by continuing writing e-mails until finally, I got a response that unclogged the machine. This remedy isn't in the instruction booklet however, so it's a matter of getting the right person after many e-mails. I find I have to use a paperclip to unclogged these two needles about every month which can be done, but is not something I should have to do. It appears the machine is poorly designed which is unexpected for a product from such a higher end brand.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I have the extreme brew coffee machine. It works fine other than the fact that the reservoir is in the rear of the machine and the lid keeps coming unhinged. That won't last forever! It will someday (soon) break totally! Then what? After using the machine for a bit, we bought a second one because it worked well and the price was right. NOW, we have two machines that only continue to annoy!

Original review: July 28, 2015

Have purchased 2 identical machines [Shame on me] and both, after a period of 1 yr, have started leaking the hot water all over the counter. How can they continue to sell this machine with a defect is beyond me.

Original review: July 16, 2015

In 2011 we purchased a Coffee PLUS 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker & Hot Water System. The programming functions never worked properly and within 2 years the coffeemaker began leaking on the counter, small amounts at first. I thought it was just overflow but then in increasing amounts until I realized that it had become a constant leak, and the metal parts on the bottom of the unit were rusted and leaving a stain on my countertop. There's a 3 year warranty, so I paid the $10 replacement fee to Cuisinart and paid the shipping cost to return the unit in October, 2013.

Now, the new replacement coffeemaker, less than 2 years old, has begun leaking on my counter again under the hot water system. I've used the hot water system on a daily basis, and the coffee pot once or twice a week. The warranty policy extends for 3 years from the original date of PURCHASE, so my less-than-2-year-old coffeemaker is no longer covered by the warranty, and the only thing the warranty customer service rep can offer is 20% off on the purchase of a new unit (advertised now at $99).

After reading many other reviews of Cuisinart Coffeemakers, it would seem that the leaking is common and Cuisinart has a serious quality control problem. Although I really like having the dual function with the coffee pot on one side, and self-dispensing hot water on the other, I can't justify buying another Cuisinart product if they won't replace defective replacement units.

My replacement coffeemaker still looks like new and has had normal use and good care. I shouldn't have to buy a new coffeemaker because Cuisinart sent me a defective replacement that lasted less than two years, just long enough to be outside the original warranty period. I would appreciate it if the company would stand behind their product and send me one that is not defective.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: June 18, 2015

Cuisinart DCC-1000 - I had this very nice coffee maker for about a year and a half and all of a sudden, it started leaking water. I always set up my coffee the night before, as many people do, and then turn it on in the morning. One morning I notice water all over the counter so I did a test and put water in the coffee maker and put the unplugged unit in the sink. Overnight it lost about 1 1/2 cups of water. This could be a fire hazard, I think?

Anyway, I contacted Cuisinart and they agreed it was still under warranty and charged me $10 for shipping. They said I would receive a shipping label that I could use to send back the old one. Well, I was under the impression the $10 charge would cover both ways, BOY WAS THAT WRONG! I got the shipping label, but did not see how it would be shipped and called the service people. I was told that shipping back to them was my responsibility. Well, the cost via Fedex, which is how I received it, (for $10) turned out to be $35 for ME, but only $10 for Cuisinart, since they had a contract.

So, I called Cuisinart and was told, I could not use their contract and they were apologizing that they were not clear about the shipping both ways. I told them that had I know it was going to cost me $45 to get warranty service, I would have said NO THANKS, I would buy a different brand instead. They said they would TRY to get my $10 refunded, but it was still up to me to send the old one back. I will try to see if I can get a better rate at the USPS. I think that Cuisinart customer service policies leave a LOT to be desired and will think 3 or 4 time, before I ever consider buying another one of theirs or Conair's products, unless I KNOW I would never use their warranty.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Purchased two different units during the past 5-6 years. First model was DCC1200. The issues being unit would not come on or would brew and turn off (this happened on several replacement units). Then purchased model DCC2850 which failed within a month (would not come on). The replacement unit started leaking water about 6 weeks ago while brewing. Currently in the process of getting it replaced. I like the product when it works but expect a longer life span out of a unit.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I'm using my second Cuisinart 10 cup coffee pot because I returned it due to it producing a lukewarm cup of coffee. I love hot coffee! It didn't make sense that this happened twice. I've put up with this for two years until I just read Ron from Odenton, MD's note. Now I know I'm not the only one. I also didn't realize Cuisinart had declined in their customer service. I will say the only time I get a hot pot of coffee is when I fill the carafe full to make 10 cups. It's steaming hot from the weight. But for just me, I only use 4 cups of water and it's not enough weight to produce heat.

Original review: June 7, 2015

We have a Cuisinart Expresso Maker which stopped working and is covered by a three year warranty. Customer Service advised they would send a shipping label which I could expect to arrive in 3-5 business days. Three weeks and five phone calls later no shipping label. I was so disgusted with the treatment I paid $23.29 to ship the unit back to them. This is simply the worst customer service experience I have known had. Despite being advised they had sent it and on two occasions saying they would e-mail the label which I could expect in 24 hours. Nothing. I think they have good products, but when they breakdown it's very difficult to get they fixed under the warranty.

Original review: June 4, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker for $99. Product was a total lemon. Leaked water out underneath machine and what water did stay in to make coffee, sprayed out from coffee dispenser. Called Cuisinart and they said for a $10 fee they would ship me another and I would have to return the warranty covered machine when I got the box. Couldn't quite figure out why they were charging me $10, but I needed my coffee. I called today to say I never received a return label to be informed that I had to pay the shipping. Went to post office...$49 for shipping? So, I paid $99 for machine that never worked, $10 fee and now I'm expected to pay $49 to return the thing? I called customer service and their only answer was 'did you read the warranty book'? I asked them if this made sense to them and they said 'no, not at all, but that is Conair!' Scam of a company! And you wonder why the owner is worth $3.6 Billion!

Original review: May 27, 2015

CUISINART 12 PROGRAMMABLE THERMAL COFFEEMAKER DTC-975BKN - Received this for a Christmas present... I have had a Cuisinart before this one.. I have to constantly make sure the top is securely on, otherwise I will wake up to 8 cups of coffee on the floor counter and wherever else it empties onto! I am deeply disappointed in it and will be replacing it tonight.. After 6 times since December, I am finished cleaning up coffee instead of drinking it... This is the first coffee pot that I have owned that has a mind of its own. Since it was purchased off of Amazon I do not have a receipt, so I will be out the coffee pot and the money...:(

Original review: May 19, 2015

I had a SS-300 coffee-maker that stopped working. Called the company for in-warranty repair, and was told that it was discontinued. Not only that, I would have to ship it to the company at my own cost and at maximum would only get company credit for half/lower than half of the retail price I paid to buy it. 3rd party customer service and the least helpful people I have ever spoken to who did not have any email information for any of the higher-ups. Would never buy a product from Cuisinart EVER again.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I bought my food processor off Amazon and it doesn't have a serial number on it. Now I have to pay for shipping my DEFECTIVE 4 MONTH OLD machine to the company for a replacement. What a crock of crap!!

Original review: May 7, 2015

A month ago I purchased my third Cuisinart coffee pot over the past ten years. I have never had an issue until now. The first time I used the DCC-1200 to make coffee, it started making a strange ticking noise after completing the cycle. I emailed customer service and was told to pay for shipping of a new coffee pot and shipping fees of the defective pot back to Cusinart! That is unacceptable for an $80.00 purchase! I called to speak with a supervisor after the customer service representative was rude to me and she was not any better. After ten years of buying Cuisinart coffee pots, I will be changing manufacturers! I will never purchase a Cuisinart product again. Very disappointed in the company!

Resolution response: May 2, 2015

After I submitted a complaint and a review with the Better Business Bureau, Cuisinart agreed to refund the return shipping charges. They claim that I should receive a check in four to six weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2015

We purchased a Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12 cup programmable coffeemaker in November of 2013. In December of 2014, slightly more than one year into the three year warranty, the coffeemaker failed, with water leaking out of the bottom of the unit. I contacted Cuisinart Customer Service and was told that they would send a replacement, but that I would have to pay $10 for shipping and handling. In addition I was told that I would have to return the defective unit at my expense. The shipping charges for the return came to just under $20.

This is a warranty that protects Cuisinart, not the consumer. It should not cost the consumer nearly $30 to exercise a warranty when a product fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. According to the Better Business Bureau there have been over one hundred complaints filed against Cuisinart in the last three years, nearly two thirds of which are classified as either Problems with Product/Service or Guarantee/Warranty Issues. Cuisinart used to be a respected company producing quality products. No more. We have purchased our last Cuisinart product.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I had been a long-time owner of Cuisinart coffee makers with never a complaint. So when it was time to upgrade, I chose the Cuisinart Thermal 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. It looks nice and makes good coffee, BUT the thermal carafe leaks like a sieve. No mater what position I poured from or how slow or fast, I left a pool of coffee on the counter. Additionally, the coffee right after brewing was only lukewarm. I pre-heated the carafe and my cup, and the best I could get was 147 degrees. I called Cuisinart Customer Service and the rep said they had never had a complaint about this model and that they guarantee a temperature of 181-183; so I went back to my Bed Bath & Beyond and exchanged it for another, thinking I had gotten a lemon. Same identical deal with the second.

Then reading online reviews (too late), I saw that many others had had the same problems. Visiting a friend a few weeks later, I found that she had the exact same model, only years older. The lid to the carafe was designed differently and didn't drop a drip, and the coffee was also much hotter. I hope Cuisinart fires the product manager responsible for the improvements. Don't buy this model!

Original review: March 28, 2015

Series DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand - We love the practicality of this coffee maker design, however the o-rings in the reservoir begin to deteriorate after two years and little black specs (that appear to be coffee grounds) begin appearing in your coffee.

Original review: March 27, 2015

I bought a blender from Cuisinart last week when I was travelling in NY and when I arrived home last weekend back in Brazil, I noticed that the blender was not working. It should be totally unacceptable to Cuisinart to sell a non-working product. I tried to get in touch with Cuisinart, both in Brazil and US and now what I heard is that the warranty is not applicable outside the US. This is not the information written in the warranty provided with the blender!!! In the warranty, some exclusions are detailed and no reference is made to products to be used overseas. Now I have a rubbish workless blender, in which I spent quite a few dollars. What should I do with it? Simply throw it away? If it worked for a couple of years and stopped, yes it would be bad, but at least acceptable. But having a NEW blender that never worked and now is useless is totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 22, 2015

Two coffee makers used mostly only on weekends at the cabin. After about one year the heater/ brewing stopped. Had used filtered water and even cleaned as recommended w/ vinegar to avoid calcium build up. No way to fix the unit, so it's landfill once again. Bought at Costco and telling them to stop selling such junk.

Original review: March 11, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker. Machine stopped working. Notified company which sent me a new one. Sent back old one. Guess what? New one also faulty. Made in China. Company 'reneged' on sending me a third one. Said hadn't received 1st one. Untrue.

Original review: March 9, 2015

I purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker which cost over $100. After five years the machine is not turning on. I contacted Cuisinart and explained the problem. They refused to compensate for the machine and they said there is nothing they could do. They also mentioned I could not send it back for repair. A coffee maker should last much longer than five years specially at a cost of $100. Cuisinart need to have a better policy for the consumer. Consumer beware!!! A $100 machine should not be disposable when it breaks but should be fixable.

Original review: March 7, 2015

This Cuisinart DCC1200 coffee maker is not designed to last over 3 years!!! DON'T BUY IT!!! It is leaking on inside on the bottom and I'm afraid of a fire. Since I contacted the company they said the warranty is over 3 years and they cannot fix it. My Mom's coffee maker is over 15 years old!!!!! It's not a cuisinart!!!

Original review: March 3, 2015

I bought a top of the range food processor in 2009. It was meant to last for ever but it stopped working. Obviously I lost my receipt but when I called I got through to a friendly operator who immediately agreed to pick it up the next week and deliver me a brand new top of the range one. They even called on the day to say when the driver would arrive and to call if I had any questions. I don't often write reviews and usually they are negative because it's common to get rubbish customer service. I am happy to say that Cuisinart are my new favourite company!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

After only four years of use, I have entered my kitchen to find the coffee has leaked all over the counter. I have had two previous ones and they just stopped brewing. This one did too but the leaking coffee is a new thing. I have read online comments that many people have experienced the same problem. In fact Amazon has theirs under review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

I ordered a part for my food processor from the Cuisinart website in mid-November 2014. I have been getting emails every once in a while saying that the item is back ordered and to please confirm that I still want it - which I do every time. Now almost three months later, I receive another email saying that the part will actually not be coming in at all but I can order a set/kit that has the part in it. So I call to get the price and order the item and am told that they don't actually have the kit in stock. Really??? So I ask when it is expected to be in stock and am told that they are just a vendor and I will have to call Cuisinart. When I call Cuisinart, they tell me that they don't have the part and to just search online. Then they tell me that they discontinued my particular model, essentially forcing me to buy an entirely new food processor instead of a $25 part. Looks like I will be shopping and doing everything I can to avoid Cuisinart!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

I used my Foreman grill unit I wore it out and then purchased a Cuisinart as a replacement. It was a waste of my $99. The cooking plates couldn't be cleaned. It cooked unevenly. I gave it to an indigent friend instead of complaining and aggravating myself. She cannot use it either. I had a small Cuisinart, but wanted a larger one to process my kosher for Passover foods. I got a dc 11 model and loved it. I store it away when it isn't Passover and only use it during that holiday. But I loved it so much that I bought a second one. It was a total dud as the food container is impossible to install for use. It was too long ago for me to find receipts. So now I am using the Passover one year round and just. It using the other. I have no idea as to what to do with the malfunctioning one. Any advice?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Have bought percolators for years. The last 2 I bought broke within a year. They are not cheap either. I can get no one to return my call. Sorry to say time to find another brand. I pay the extra for a quality product. This is not.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart citrus juicer three days ago. Unit is small and works ok, but the juicer is made of a black plastic and after the first use, a white haze remains that I have been unable to remove. It says to clean the juicing parts with soap and water and to not use abrasive cleaners. I have removed about 98% but it takes lots of work with a dish cloth and detergent and then you can't get into the tiny holes and crevices to make it look clean. Also, you have to clean it every two or three medium oranges you juice.

It has a "fast spin" feature that is supposed to "extract every drop of juice," but in reality on the "low pulp" setting about 60% of the pulp gets forces through. So, you have to strain it anyway on any setting. The pulp hub is only about 3/4 inch high, so it really limits the amount of juicing to about 6 ounces in 5 minutes. A much better design would be a white or maybe light orange plastic hub and mandrel setup with about a 3" wall height. That would make it possible to juice about a dozen medium oranges, and have a 6 ounce serving for two people. As it is, it's a toy and teases you to get the job done. Worth the 30 bucks, but short on production.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart Chef's Classic 11-piece cookware set a few months ago. It was purchased to add to the well-used stainless pots and pans we already have. Not for frying, braising of anything. Everything sticks to it and it is almost impossible to clean and make look nice again. We have dual ranges in our kitchen (1 gas Viking 48" and a Dacor 36 electric ceran). I called about the burned on and sticking problem and the very rude customer service person replied that this is CHEF quality cookware, and the problems is I don't know how to cook properly. I was told to start with the gas at the lowest setting and not to use an electric range. Makes no difference, stuff burns on the sides and sticks to the bottoms no matter how slow or how constantly it is stirred, or attended.

Their recommended cleaning procedure takes hours and so you quickly learn this set is a pot rack hanging set - not really intended for use. I gave the set away to a young couple and fell back on my older well-used stainless pieces that don't match but work great. She just told me that they gave the set to Goodwill as it was terrible. My luck with all things Cuisinart is so far terrible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Cuisanart does not service or repair its Electrical Can Openers. These products should be either services or repaired by authorized shops or company's own service centers. It is surprising that a company of Cuisanart's stature does not have a corporate social responsibility or environmental awareness to provide such service. It is suggested me to throw this product and get a new one. It is simply creating and encouraging consumers to throw their malfunctioning products away and contribute more to our electronic waste than repair and recycle old parts on its Electrical Can openers.

Cuisinart Company Information