Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My 2nd dcc-1200 coffeemaker in 4 years & the LAST. I had my Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffeemaker for 3 1/2 MONTHS. I did my normal routine of making a pot of coffee this morning. After the pot was finished brewing, it made a popping sound. The sound was much like the noise it makes if there is moisture on the bottom of the glass server, but much louder. The machine started smoking and filled the kitchen with burnt electrical smell. The whole machine was smoking and you could tell there was a fire starting inside of it. I rushed it out to the patio where it took about 7 minutes for it to stop smoking. Good thing I was home.

After an Internet search, it appears this is NOT an isolated occurrence (consumeraffairs.com). Kudos to Amazon for giving me the option of going through Cuisinart company for the warranty OR returning it to Amazon for full refund. They want the machine returned for their investigation regarding the fact that other Cuisinart coffeemakers have done the same as mine.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Purchased an Automatic Breadmaker CBK-100 Series. A couple months later, the pan has started to leak through where the paddle is attached, leaving an icky mixture of flour, water, yeast, etc. congealed in the bottom of the breadmaker itself and coating the underside of the pan where the paddle comes through. When I tried to clean it last time, the entire paddle attachment popped out of the pan and will not go back in. It also bakes this gross mixture anytime the machine is used.

I contacted Cuisinart customer service on 9.20.19, explained problem, sent pix including model/serial #, etc. They wrote back on 9.25.19 asking for model/serial number (sigh) and my mailing address, so I provided both. Then... nothing. No response. Wrote on 10/2, 10/7, 10/17 and today 11/4 asking for an update. Zero response. I've tried to call the customer service line but wait time is always over 20 minutes. Extremely poor customer service, combined with faulty product = won't every give Cuisinart my money again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was going to make coffee this morning as usual. I noticed that the warming plate is already starting to lose paint. I have seen complaints about this happening before. But this coffeemaker is only 5 or 6 months old!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I drink coffee daily, at least one 12 cup pot. As coffee started to brew this morning I heard a clicking sound but then it stopped. When done brewing I started to smell burning plastic. Smoke was coming from behind the maker and from hot plate. I unplugged it immediately. I called Cuisinart customer service. Because I had no receipt the best they could do was offer a 20% discount on a new maker. Declined the offer as this was in use only 2 months and would think the product was defective and will not chance it happening again. The customer service rep was nice but the outcome was unsatisfactory. Because I have a variety of Cuisinart products that I’m happy with I am deeming this product defective with just cause.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We bought this can opener last year. Right from the get go it was glitchy. Now it doesn't open cans anymore. I wrote to Cuisinart customer service about this and they did not reply. If the quality of basic items like a manual can opener is this poor, I can't imagine how terrible their higher ticket items could be. Also goes for their customer support.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We have had a Cuisinart Air Fry toaster oven for about a year. Yesterday the knob for the 'toast' function broke. I emailed Cuisinart about finding a replacement knob, and was told that no replacement knobs could be purchased: I would have to buy a new oven. This is sheer corporate arrogance and greed. I WILL buy a new oven, and it WILL NOT be made by Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Please DO NOT BUY the single cup coffee pot brew combo! It is the worst product I have ever purchased for my kitchen, in my 52 years. It is way more expensive, but I don't mind paying a little more for a good brand. If you select an 8 ounce single cup, once in a while you get 8 ounces, usually 6 or less. It also puts lots of grounds in your coffee. You absolutely cannot use planet friendly coffee pods, the maker explodes them. I used Keurig for years and was very satisfied, however I wanted a combo with a pot in case of company. I wrote the company after about 1 month of trying to get the thing to work, and occasionally it does brew a nice cup. The company never wrote back to me.

Resolution response: Nov. 24, 2019

I was sent a replacement - same model coffee maker. I am aware that the same thing will probably happen with the hot plate so I will monitoring it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is to notify anyone that has purchased a DC-1100/BK coffeemaker that they check the bottom of their heating plate for corrosion. You must turn the coffeemaker over to find this out. We clean the top of our heating plate with a wet paper towel only per the instruction manual. Granted that our machine is now 5 years old, but I really don't know when the corrosion started. All I can is that we looked at the bottom our coffeemaker yesterday and it disintegrated in my hands. There was nothing left except for flakes of corrosion. I am assuming that this is a fire hazard.

I called Consumer Affairs at Cuisinart and asked if any recall has been issued on this model and they said no. I told them I didn't want to go buy another machine like this one unless they have fixed this problem. The representative was very helpful and said that this part has not been re-engineered so they obviously "don't know" there is a problem with it.

My complaint alone won't help this situation. If we want them to do a recall of this part on this coffee maker then the consumer should provide documentation - purchase date and proof of purchase, and description of problem (I suggest a picture of the problem also). You can call (800) 726-6247 and ask for Consumer Affairs. I hope that others call so that they fix this problem. I am very grateful that I checked this yesterday because not having a solid base on the bottom of the machine could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Thankfully I was home. I had it for a few years and then this Cuisinart Classic 12-cup programmable coffeemaker was plugged in but not on. It had already been auto-shutoff. The coffeemaker started making hissing/spurting noises which was not unusual. It started "BOILING" the remaining coffee in the carafe then smoldering and smelling like an electrical meltdown shortly thereafter, smoke billowing hot beyond belief. A real fire hazard.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart small bake and broil toaster oven recently. I had a GE previously for 13 years with no problem. I am "afraid of this one". The first time I broiled a piece of salmon and it was ok. Next night I tried a piece of chicken and the entire thing was smoking and smelled terribly. I turned it off and used my big oven. Tonight, tried to broil salmon again. It started making popping noises and smoking again. Don't buy this product! I tried reviewing the booklet many times and have used the rack in the correct position, but the same thing. I just don't believe it. My other one still worked and I gave it away for this new one that does not work! Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The size and weight makes it very easy to transport. The grill is easy to clean. All in all it does a good, not great job. The flame could be a little better at covering the grill surface. The ignition switch works well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This has so many uses, not just a grill. It's a griddle, a flat wok and a steamer. I plan to use it in so many ways that I haven't even thought of yet to cook directly out of my organic vegetable garden.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Although we have been satisfied with our Cuisinart BMKR-200 Series Bread Maker, I am wholly dissatisfied with Cuisinart's product support. I ordered a new baking pan by calling Cuisinart. The product did not arrive after ten days or so; I called back and learned that the order had not been fully processed. After the product arrived, it didn't fit the machine - despite the fact that I had carefully verified the product model and serial number before confirming the order. When I called Cuisinart on Monday 03 June to report the problem and get instructions for how to return the incorrect product, the representative reported that Cuisinart's "system" was inoperative. I was advised to call the next day. I also called the Conair Corporation's non-toll-free number, which was listed on the product packing slip to see if I could return the product directly. No: I could only do so by contacting Cuisinart.

I tried to contact Cuisinart by phone again, but the wait was so long that I gave up. A succinct email message sent via Cuisinart's website yielded no response - not even an automated acknowledgment. The "system" was "down" when I called on Tuesday morning, as it was in the afternoon the same day. The representative instructed me to try again on Wednesday (today). I called this morning. Predictably, I couldn't resolve my problem because the "system" was undergoing an "upgrade." Really? What kind of company expects to sell its products when it can't even maintain an inventory management system or get it up and running after 48 hours? Shoddy and shameful. Now all I want to do is return the faulty product (at Cuisinart's expense), get my money back, and shop for a bread machine that is NOT manufactured by Cuisinart. This brand has now lost all of its luster for me.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Very disappointed that Cuisinart will not pay return postage on a coffee maker with a year’s warranty on it. I will not buy any more of their products. Fortunately. I bought it at Costco and will return it there.

Original review: May 31, 2019

4 out of 5 for nice design, 1 out of 5 for poor engineering. It does not matter what you buy made by this company. Seems to be a pattern. The products looks nice but does not perform well from coffee makers that consistently overflow and make a mess on the kitchen counter to kitchen faucet with aerators that don't aerate, to toasters that cannot be cleaned of bread crumbs. I will never again buy anything from Cuisinart, no matter how nice it looks.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart SS-6 K-cup coffee maker less than two years ago. It came with a three year warranty and failed to power up so I called customer service to see what I needed to do. They told me they would send me a new replacement and I needed to put the old unit in the box the new one came in and ship it back to them. The new unit arrived a few days later and I did as directed and shipped the old unit back to them. When I took it to the Post office, the lowest cost method of shipment cost me almost $34.00., which made me very unhappy since that was almost 1/2 of what I paid for the unit when new.

My wife called customer service to complain about having to pay almost $34. to ship it back, the rep said that all we needed to do was to cut off the cord and send it to them. That was not what I was instructed to do and by following their instructions it cost me over $30 more to send the machine back than just the cord. I emailed Cuisinart customer service and ask for a refund of the difference in cost as they gave me incorrect information. It has been about a week and I have not heard back from them so I assume they will just ignore me. Our kitchen is full of Cuisinart products but as a result of this issue I will not be buying any more of their appliances as their customer service on this matter has been very poor.

Original review: May 19, 2019

As I have had two of these machines now, bought one brand new and one was giving as a gift, they both have the same quality issue - leaking water out up to about a two to three yr period. They worked just fine and then all of a sudden, water on the counter top below machine. Maybe a coffee cup amount. When the first one did this, I took the bottom plate off. It was completely covered in rust. Apparently this company knows a problem exist from all the reviews from customers who have the same problem with their machines. The plastic tubing inside is defective. It cracks or a pin hole ends up being the problem. I tried some water tight sealant over the crack and that worked for about 3 weeks and it started up again. Never did get it to stop leaking.

The 2nd machine did the same thing - leaking - bottom plate was rusted. This plastic tube leaking was farther up inside the machine where I could not get it too. Also both of these machines started making a noise, sound like a grinding noise from when the water is being pulled in from water tank area. What I found out is the so called water pump motor is the issue. After a few yrs the noise got louder and louder. Did not need a alarm clock anymore. 5 am and the echo thru the house from the auto timer of the coffee machine, the grinding noise started up. The only thing that still works without a hitch is the automatic bean grinder with the machine. I still the grind part for the basic drip coffee machine now.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased a burr coffee grinder from Cuisinart. After a few weeks a part had broken, and since it was under warranty I contacted them to get it replaced. I had previously registered the warranty with them so I had hoped this would not be a big deal. To summarize my experience - Over the past five weeks I have sent eleven followup messages. Of the four where I received a reply, each of which was over a week later and asked for information that I had already provided. Eventually they agreed to ship me a replacement part, which once it arrived it turned out to not be the part we had been discussing. I let them know of their error and they have not responded.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We had a 12 c coffee maker with the water reservoir for 5 years without problems. So of course we ordered another. Well, it started working funny, hot water red light kept flashing. But problem stopped. Until after the 30 warranty. Long story short, bought at Amazon, tried their CS and they handed me to Cuisinart CS who was unable to help so returned cord and received another coffee maker with the water reservoir after paying $10 in S & H.

Well in less than a week the same problem happened. Hot water reservoir light kept flashing and at times flashed the blue and red. So I made another complaint quickly. Was told I had to send this unit back (I would have to pay the S & H). I said that was not acceptable. So I kept the unit tried unplugging for 24 hrs and plugged in and starting working. And has until today 5//2019 the red and blue lights flashed back and forth. Of course it is over warranty. And I do not see any recourse except to complain. Will lodge a complaint with Amazon also.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Once Cuisinart was a great company. Well-made, innovative products. Now, Chinese crap. My machine - FP14 I think - is in for the second failure. It costs $53 to UPS it to Arizona. It's been 12 days since I first called them (and they received the machine earlier). Each call is the same "They are looking at it. Call back in three days". I asked about e-mail - they don't have it! So I can just sit on hold. Last time the "free" repair cost about $22 - for a "seal". The motor might be guaranteed for life but don't expect that to mean "fix free when it fails". I know this is difficult - the product is everywhere. Had a great reputation. I have not looked into other brands of food processors. But I strongly recommend everybody stay far away from Cuisinart. Far away.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Had this unit for 16 months. Twice it failed. Returned first unit. Paid 70,00 UPS charge. After 3 months second unit failed. Replaced under warranty but best price shipping $65.00. Contacted customer service requesting prepaid label. They said, “No way.” Informed that $135.00 total shipping plus $200.00 unit cost Is excessive. Told tough luck. That was their policy and if I did not return they would void my warranty. My response, "Do you think I would do this for a third time?" Cuisinart is on my DO NOT BUY list.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a new Cuisinart 8 cup food processor that would not operate when plugged in. I sent an email but received no response so called. The customer service rep told me they did not have that model number even though I was reading it from the manual and checked it on the unit. Finally they asked me to plug it in and go through a few tests. It ran when I poked a button with a pen like they said and I could lock the bowl in it not when the chute was attached. I could either lock the chute to the bowl or the bowl to the unit but not both.

She suggested I watch YouTube but I kept telling her that was not going to help. It did not fit right. Finally they could send me another bowl set to see if that worked but I would have to send the other one back at my expense! What a warranty! Don’t bother buying this and if you do make sure you totally check everything right away. Customer service is bad and there does not seem to be a management organization. I think this actually owned by another company.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The Cuisinart CFP 16 processor is less than 2 years old. The plastic drive shaft of the food processor broke while grating cheese so now I cannot attach a blade. The shaft screws onto the motor and is easily replace by removing 9 screws. Customer service will not sell me a new part. I must ship the entire processor across country at my expense, include return shipping fees, and they will tell me how much it will cost to repair it. Why can't they just sell me a new part? It will cost so much to pack and ship this thing, and then pay for the part that it's cheaper to just throw it away. What an ingenious way to avoid the responsibility of replacing defective products! What a total waste of our precious resources. I'll never buy the brand again.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My Cuisinart TOA-60 Oven is defective so contacted Cuisinart and they sent me new oven (warranty replacement) and told me to use same packaging to return defective unit. They also told me to enclose $10 to cover shipping of replacement oven. I took defective unit to UPS and due to size of box and return address, it will cost $94 to ship defective unit to CUISINART and that is the least expensive option!! That is more than half of what I paid for the oven!! Contacted CUISINART telling them I refuse to pay that much to ship defective unit and they will not absorb the cost. Terrible to demand customer to assume shipping cost for defective product!! I will never buy from them again nor will I return the defective oven. They can come get it!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Do not buy the above product. The viewing window for this kettle has a defect. Ours broke with a few months of receiving the product as a gift. When I researched and learned it to be known manufacture's defect, I emailed Cuisinart Customer Service. They did nothing to resolve the matter or offer a replacement. If food is recalled, we can take it to the store to get a refund. I would think a big company like Cuisinart would do the same to stand behind their brand. Not true. I will not buy Cuisinart products again and will not recommend the brand to others. See similar reviews: **.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Cuisinart: I will never buy another appliance from them! The electronic panel on this new Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker is not functioning: it registers EMPTY when I have filled both water and beans; it registers CLEAN when it is clean; and it does not go on except in the programming mode, i.e., ON does nothing. In addition, it makes THE WORST coffee I have ever had. Cuisinart customer service does not answer emails and, as I am writing this, the "customer service" technical rep has not picked up the phone after 30 minutes of wait-time. This company, wonderful for giving us the Cuisinart, has definitely gone down the drain.

Original review: March 22, 2019

$200 coffee maker which after 3 years began leaking significant water from the base. Hoses in coffee maker are cracked and upon calling customer service they state that they do not sell replacement parts. Lesson learned, I will not purchase from this company. Appliance was nice while it worked.

Original review: March 20, 2019

2nd defective lid on Cuisinart Pro Custom 11" ( DLC 8) - I seldom use a food processor, but when the recall for the blade was issued I took it out to inspect the blade to see if it was in the recall. After removing the blade I replace the lid and the plastic piece on the lid that depresses the plunger on the rear of the bowl snapped off rendering it inoperative. When calling in the recall for the blade, I ordered a replacement lid for about $34.00. That took me about 2 hours on the telephone. The replacement blades arrived about a month later, and the lid didn't arrive until about about a month after the blade... Approximately 8 weeks for delivery of a purchased item.

Once the lid arrived I unpacked it and briefly tested it on the processor for fit and function. Everything seemed to be correct. The next time I go to actually use it it won't start. A cursory inspection shows that the plastic piece on the lid that depresses the plunger (the same piece that broke off on the original lid) is bent to where it doesn't contact the plunger sufficiently to operate the switch for the motor. Apparently they replace a component that was so brittle that it breaks after use with a component that is so malleable that it deforms the first on the first or second use.

Another call to Cuisinart warranty and after about a half hour they are able to find my purchase of the lid in their system. They are sending a replacement, claiming it will arrive in 8 to 10 days... And I was informed that they want me to send the defective part to some place in Arizona but they are not going pay for the return shipping. Really??? The customer agent I spoke to on the phone was polite and as helpful as possible. But their product is flawed, their customer service is understaffed and their return policy that requires the owner of a defective product not only be inconvenienced but pay for a return of a defective item is ludicrous.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My fiance and me purchased a Cuisinart espresso machine for around $200.00 at a Superstore and upon opening it the next morning in excitement to make our own coffees at home we discovered it was missing pieces and it was used! When we went to assemble the machine with the portafilter had mold on it and was clearly an old machine which we were beyond disgusted with!! We have emailed Cuisinart consumer & customer service which we received one response after a few days asking questions which we already provided in our initial email! We are seriously disgusted with the lack of service or care for their product, I am not sure how any company would want their customer service to run that way. It has been almost over a week and still no response. Such a waste of money and the worst experience to date with a so called 'customer service' department.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought a Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven for my wife in Dec 18 and it has yet to heat correctly. Over the last 2 to 3 weeks, via the Cuisinart website, I have twice written them about the problem and have had no response. Also, my email direct to their customer service has gone unanswered. The problem is that it heats about 75 degrees hotter than the dial setting. Of course this burns the food. This is my first experience with Cuisinart and likely my last. I do not recommend this product nor do I recommend Cuisinart due to their dismal customer service.

Cuisinart Company Information