2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

These pot and pan sets are great. Plenty of various choices and colors to pick from. Non stick which is a great thing. I've had my set for about three years and sure they have normal wear and tear, but they are still non stick and work as well as the day I got them! Are they cheap? Not as cheap as some, but they aren't expensive either. They are worth the price and will last ages.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I received my set as a surprise gift for Christmas from my grandchildren and I have been using ever since. It Cooks even and cool touch handles. This was truly the best gift that I received. I told my children now they can get me another set for Mother's Day.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I got my set of stainless steel Cuisinart pans for Christmas from one of my sisters. I've had it about 5 years maybe, and in those 5 years I haven't had any complaints. I love kitchen gadgets and cookware, and my sister knows this, so this was the absolute perfect gift for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have a set of Cuisinart pots and pans for several years. They are stainless steel. They have lasted a long time. We use them quite often. Things do stick to them, since they are not non-stick coated. They seem to heat evenly. I am careful as to what I make in them, so as not to ruin them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

The quality of this brand is worth the cost. Durable. Heavy. Holds heat well. Evenly cooks. Indestructible. I have their stainless steel and non stick ceramic brand. I also love the versatility from stove to oven. What more can I say? I love this brand!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I've had Cuisinart pots and pans for 20+ years. They cook evenly, whether on gas, electric stove or glass top. They are dishwasher safe and keep their appearance throughout the years. I fully expect to use these for the rest of my life as I have no reason to replace them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

By far the best stainless steel cookware on the market. It heats and cooks very evenly. This cookware holds the heat very well also. They simply wipe clean and little to no scrubbing is necessary. I have several sets of well known cookware, however I only use these. Far better than any other brand when used properly.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I really enjoy the aesthetics of my Cuisinart cookware. I have a small kitchen so somethings need to be out on display and we’ve chosen to keep out pots and pans out. I wish our collection as solely cuisinart as that would look quite nice. I’ve noticed that they last quite longer than our other cookware, and they have less stick/burn issues. Excellent product.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I purchased the largest size Cuisinart food processor. As a food processor, it works fine, however, within only two years, the plastic bowl and parts cracked, splintered, and chipped. My husband jerry-rigged it so we could get it to work, if we were both present, but it was a 2-person job. I believe that for the money we paid for this, it should've lasted much, much longer. The replacement parts are outrageous. I would not make this purchase again. The older Cuisinarts had glass bowls, and were made to last a long time. This was hugely overpriced. I had a cheap, little Hamilton Beach food processor that lasted over 30 years before it broke. My expensive Cuisinart lasted less than two years. I also purchased a Cuisinart waffle maker (before the food processor bit the dust). It works okay, but the waffles do not cook evenly. I think this brand is overrated.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Cuisinart has some good quality pots and pans. The one I have is second hand. The complaints I have are, if you don’t have time to dry your pan the water spots are hard to get off. Thus making it look nasty. The other is I have a problem with stuff sticking. Example macaroni. If you have problems with your hands they are a little on heavy side.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I have several Cuisinart appliances in my kitchen, I LOVE them. They are stylish and the blue leds in them make them more attractive. But the durability and performance of this brand is very impressive and I will be a customer for life.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Cuisinart is stainless steel and heats well because the heat is evenly dispersed. Cuisinart has expanded their collection to bakeware, dinnerware, glassware.. I enjoy using it all. It keeps its shiny stainless steel finish when you wash and dry with a soft drying towel to remove any water spots.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have to admit that when we first purchased our Cuisinart I thought it was really expensive. I found out that it was worth every penny. We have had the set for 4 years now and not a single pot or pan shows any wear. I would recommend Cuisinart to anyone wanting to buy a set that lasts!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My husband and I love to cook and we love the Cuisinart brand. Their pots hold up for years, we use them almost everyday. We never had a problem with the pots. We have every size pot. The stainless steel is so easy to clean and after years of using them the pots still look new.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I have quite a few Cuisinart cookware pieces and I love them: professional kitchen mixer, blender, coffee maker, and toaster oven, and food processor. Never had any issues with them. Easy to use, easy to clean.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I purchased Cuisinart motorized toaster (auto up and down). Does not toast as good as the cheaper toasters. By this I mean at #7 (highest number it toasts) very very light. I sent it back and was told it would be replaced in 5-7 business days. It is a month now and I still have not received the replacement. I have called on 4 occasions with no results. On each call I waited an average of 25 minutes before I spoke to a customer service representative who could not tell me anything. My next step was to contact them online and once again they stopped responding to my inquiries. The bottom line is cuisinart wants your money, and “The customer be damned".

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Purchased the supreme grind burr grinder on 5/19/19. Had to return it on 7/10/19 because it stopped grinding. Second one stopped grinding on 12/22/19. I’d give it zero stars if I could. Cuisinart will only replace and make me pay $10 to send the cord back. Really don’t another piece of crap!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My 2nd dcc-1200 coffeemaker in 4 years & the LAST. I had my Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffeemaker for 3 1/2 MONTHS. I did my normal routine of making a pot of coffee this morning. After the pot was finished brewing, it made a popping sound. The sound was much like the noise it makes if there is moisture on the bottom of the glass server, but much louder. The machine started smoking and filled the kitchen with burnt electrical smell. The whole machine was smoking and you could tell there was a fire starting inside of it. I rushed it out to the patio where it took about 7 minutes for it to stop smoking. Good thing I was home.

After an Internet search, it appears this is NOT an isolated occurrence (consumeraffairs.com). Kudos to Amazon for giving me the option of going through Cuisinart company for the warranty OR returning it to Amazon for full refund. They want the machine returned for their investigation regarding the fact that other Cuisinart coffeemakers have done the same as mine.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Purchased an Automatic Breadmaker CBK-100 Series. A couple months later, the pan has started to leak through where the paddle is attached, leaving an icky mixture of flour, water, yeast, etc. congealed in the bottom of the breadmaker itself and coating the underside of the pan where the paddle comes through. When I tried to clean it last time, the entire paddle attachment popped out of the pan and will not go back in. It also bakes this gross mixture anytime the machine is used.

I contacted Cuisinart customer service on 9.20.19, explained problem, sent pix including model/serial #, etc. They wrote back on 9.25.19 asking for model/serial number (sigh) and my mailing address, so I provided both. Then... nothing. No response. Wrote on 10/2, 10/7, 10/17 and today 11/4 asking for an update. Zero response. I've tried to call the customer service line but wait time is always over 20 minutes. Extremely poor customer service, combined with faulty product = won't every give Cuisinart my money again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was going to make coffee this morning as usual. I noticed that the warming plate is already starting to lose paint. I have seen complaints about this happening before. But this coffeemaker is only 5 or 6 months old!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I drink coffee daily, at least one 12 cup pot. As coffee started to brew this morning I heard a clicking sound but then it stopped. When done brewing I started to smell burning plastic. Smoke was coming from behind the maker and from hot plate. I unplugged it immediately. I called Cuisinart customer service. Because I had no receipt the best they could do was offer a 20% discount on a new maker. Declined the offer as this was in use only 2 months and would think the product was defective and will not chance it happening again. The customer service rep was nice but the outcome was unsatisfactory. Because I have a variety of Cuisinart products that I’m happy with I am deeming this product defective with just cause.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We bought this can opener last year. Right from the get go it was glitchy. Now it doesn't open cans anymore. I wrote to Cuisinart customer service about this and they did not reply. If the quality of basic items like a manual can opener is this poor, I can't imagine how terrible their higher ticket items could be. Also goes for their customer support.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We have had a Cuisinart Air Fry toaster oven for about a year. Yesterday the knob for the 'toast' function broke. I emailed Cuisinart about finding a replacement knob, and was told that no replacement knobs could be purchased: I would have to buy a new oven. This is sheer corporate arrogance and greed. I WILL buy a new oven, and it WILL NOT be made by Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Please DO NOT BUY the single cup coffee pot brew combo! It is the worst product I have ever purchased for my kitchen, in my 52 years. It is way more expensive, but I don't mind paying a little more for a good brand. If you select an 8 ounce single cup, once in a while you get 8 ounces, usually 6 or less. It also puts lots of grounds in your coffee. You absolutely cannot use planet friendly coffee pods, the maker explodes them. I used Keurig for years and was very satisfied, however I wanted a combo with a pot in case of company. I wrote the company after about 1 month of trying to get the thing to work, and occasionally it does brew a nice cup. The company never wrote back to me.

Resolution response: Nov. 24, 2019

I was sent a replacement - same model coffee maker. I am aware that the same thing will probably happen with the hot plate so I will monitoring it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is to notify anyone that has purchased a DC-1100/BK coffeemaker that they check the bottom of their heating plate for corrosion. You must turn the coffeemaker over to find this out. We clean the top of our heating plate with a wet paper towel only per the instruction manual. Granted that our machine is now 5 years old, but I really don't know when the corrosion started. All I can is that we looked at the bottom our coffeemaker yesterday and it disintegrated in my hands. There was nothing left except for flakes of corrosion. I am assuming that this is a fire hazard.

I called Consumer Affairs at Cuisinart and asked if any recall has been issued on this model and they said no. I told them I didn't want to go buy another machine like this one unless they have fixed this problem. The representative was very helpful and said that this part has not been re-engineered so they obviously "don't know" there is a problem with it.

My complaint alone won't help this situation. If we want them to do a recall of this part on this coffee maker then the consumer should provide documentation - purchase date and proof of purchase, and description of problem (I suggest a picture of the problem also). You can call (800) 726-6247 and ask for Consumer Affairs. I hope that others call so that they fix this problem. I am very grateful that I checked this yesterday because not having a solid base on the bottom of the machine could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Thankfully I was home. I had it for a few years and then this Cuisinart Classic 12-cup programmable coffeemaker was plugged in but not on. It had already been auto-shutoff. The coffeemaker started making hissing/spurting noises which was not unusual. It started "BOILING" the remaining coffee in the carafe then smoldering and smelling like an electrical meltdown shortly thereafter, smoke billowing hot beyond belief. A real fire hazard.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart small bake and broil toaster oven recently. I had a GE previously for 13 years with no problem. I am "afraid of this one". The first time I broiled a piece of salmon and it was ok. Next night I tried a piece of chicken and the entire thing was smoking and smelled terribly. I turned it off and used my big oven. Tonight, tried to broil salmon again. It started making popping noises and smoking again. Don't buy this product! I tried reviewing the booklet many times and have used the rack in the correct position, but the same thing. I just don't believe it. My other one still worked and I gave it away for this new one that does not work! Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The size and weight makes it very easy to transport. The grill is easy to clean. All in all it does a good, not great job. The flame could be a little better at covering the grill surface. The ignition switch works well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This has so many uses, not just a grill. It's a griddle, a flat wok and a steamer. I plan to use it in so many ways that I haven't even thought of yet to cook directly out of my organic vegetable garden.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Although we have been satisfied with our Cuisinart BMKR-200 Series Bread Maker, I am wholly dissatisfied with Cuisinart's product support. I ordered a new baking pan by calling Cuisinart. The product did not arrive after ten days or so; I called back and learned that the order had not been fully processed. After the product arrived, it didn't fit the machine - despite the fact that I had carefully verified the product model and serial number before confirming the order. When I called Cuisinart on Monday 03 June to report the problem and get instructions for how to return the incorrect product, the representative reported that Cuisinart's "system" was inoperative. I was advised to call the next day. I also called the Conair Corporation's non-toll-free number, which was listed on the product packing slip to see if I could return the product directly. No: I could only do so by contacting Cuisinart.

I tried to contact Cuisinart by phone again, but the wait was so long that I gave up. A succinct email message sent via Cuisinart's website yielded no response - not even an automated acknowledgment. The "system" was "down" when I called on Tuesday morning, as it was in the afternoon the same day. The representative instructed me to try again on Wednesday (today). I called this morning. Predictably, I couldn't resolve my problem because the "system" was undergoing an "upgrade." Really? What kind of company expects to sell its products when it can't even maintain an inventory management system or get it up and running after 48 hours? Shoddy and shameful. Now all I want to do is return the faulty product (at Cuisinart's expense), get my money back, and shop for a bread machine that is NOT manufactured by Cuisinart. This brand has now lost all of its luster for me.

Cuisinart Company Information