Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is to notify anyone that has purchased a DC-1100/BK coffeemaker that they check the bottom of their heating plate for corrosion. You must turn the coffeemaker over to find this out. We clean the top of our heating plate with a wet paper towel only per the instruction manual. Granted that our machine is now 5 years old, but I really don't know when the corrosion started. All I can is that we looked at the bottom our coffeemaker yesterday and it disintegrated in my hands. There was nothing left except for flakes of corrosion. I am assuming that this is a fire hazard.

I called Consumer Affairs at Cuisinart and asked if any recall has been issued on this model and they said no. I told them I didn't want to go buy another machine like this one unless they have fixed this problem. The representative was very helpful and said that this part has not been re-engineered so they obviously "don't know" there is a problem with it.

My complaint alone won't help this situation. If we want them to do a recall of this part on this coffee maker then the consumer should provide documentation - purchase date and proof of purchase, and description of problem (I suggest a picture of the problem also). You can call (800) 726-6247 and ask for Consumer Affairs. I hope that others call so that they fix this problem. I am very grateful that I checked this yesterday because not having a solid base on the bottom of the machine could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Thankfully I was home. I had it for a few years and then this Cuisinart Classic 12-cup programmable coffeemaker was plugged in but not on. It had already been auto-shutoff. The coffeemaker started making hissing/spurting noises which was not unusual. It started "BOILING" the remaining coffee in the carafe then smoldering and smelling like an electrical meltdown shortly thereafter, smoke billowing hot beyond belief. A real fire hazard.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart small bake and broil toaster oven recently. I had a GE previously for 13 years with no problem. I am "afraid of this one". The first time I broiled a piece of salmon and it was ok. Next night I tried a piece of chicken and the entire thing was smoking and smelled terribly. I turned it off and used my big oven. Tonight, tried to broil salmon again. It started making popping noises and smoking again. Don't buy this product! I tried reviewing the booklet many times and have used the rack in the correct position, but the same thing. I just don't believe it. My other one still worked and I gave it away for this new one that does not work! Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Although we have been satisfied with our Cuisinart BMKR-200 Series Bread Maker, I am wholly dissatisfied with Cuisinart's product support. I ordered a new baking pan by calling Cuisinart. The product did not arrive after ten days or so; I called back and learned that the order had not been fully processed. After the product arrived, it didn't fit the machine - despite the fact that I had carefully verified the product model and serial number before confirming the order. When I called Cuisinart on Monday 03 June to report the problem and get instructions for how to return the incorrect product, the representative reported that Cuisinart's "system" was inoperative. I was advised to call the next day. I also called the Conair Corporation's non-toll-free number, which was listed on the product packing slip to see if I could return the product directly. No: I could only do so by contacting Cuisinart.

I tried to contact Cuisinart by phone again, but the wait was so long that I gave up. A succinct email message sent via Cuisinart's website yielded no response - not even an automated acknowledgment. The "system" was "down" when I called on Tuesday morning, as it was in the afternoon the same day. The representative instructed me to try again on Wednesday (today). I called this morning. Predictably, I couldn't resolve my problem because the "system" was undergoing an "upgrade." Really? What kind of company expects to sell its products when it can't even maintain an inventory management system or get it up and running after 48 hours? Shoddy and shameful. Now all I want to do is return the faulty product (at Cuisinart's expense), get my money back, and shop for a bread machine that is NOT manufactured by Cuisinart. This brand has now lost all of its luster for me.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Very disappointed that Cuisinart will not pay return postage on a coffee maker with a year’s warranty on it. I will not buy any more of their products. Fortunately. I bought it at Costco and will return it there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: May 31, 2019

4 out of 5 for nice design, 1 out of 5 for poor engineering. It does not matter what you buy made by this company. Seems to be a pattern. The products looks nice but does not perform well from coffee makers that consistently overflow and make a mess on the kitchen counter to kitchen faucet with aerators that don't aerate, to toasters that cannot be cleaned of bread crumbs. I will never again buy anything from Cuisinart, no matter how nice it looks.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart SS-6 K-cup coffee maker less than two years ago. It came with a three year warranty and failed to power up so I called customer service to see what I needed to do. They told me they would send me a new replacement and I needed to put the old unit in the box the new one came in and ship it back to them. The new unit arrived a few days later and I did as directed and shipped the old unit back to them. When I took it to the Post office, the lowest cost method of shipment cost me almost $34.00., which made me very unhappy since that was almost 1/2 of what I paid for the unit when new.

My wife called customer service to complain about having to pay almost $34. to ship it back, the rep said that all we needed to do was to cut off the cord and send it to them. That was not what I was instructed to do and by following their instructions it cost me over $30 more to send the machine back than just the cord. I emailed Cuisinart customer service and ask for a refund of the difference in cost as they gave me incorrect information. It has been about a week and I have not heard back from them so I assume they will just ignore me. Our kitchen is full of Cuisinart products but as a result of this issue I will not be buying any more of their appliances as their customer service on this matter has been very poor.

Original review: May 19, 2019

As I have had two of these machines now, bought one brand new and one was giving as a gift, they both have the same quality issue - leaking water out up to about a two to three yr period. They worked just fine and then all of a sudden, water on the counter top below machine. Maybe a coffee cup amount. When the first one did this, I took the bottom plate off. It was completely covered in rust. Apparently this company knows a problem exist from all the reviews from customers who have the same problem with their machines. The plastic tubing inside is defective. It cracks or a pin hole ends up being the problem. I tried some water tight sealant over the crack and that worked for about 3 weeks and it started up again. Never did get it to stop leaking.

The 2nd machine did the same thing - leaking - bottom plate was rusted. This plastic tube leaking was farther up inside the machine where I could not get it too. Also both of these machines started making a noise, sound like a grinding noise from when the water is being pulled in from water tank area. What I found out is the so called water pump motor is the issue. After a few yrs the noise got louder and louder. Did not need a alarm clock anymore. 5 am and the echo thru the house from the auto timer of the coffee machine, the grinding noise started up. The only thing that still works without a hitch is the automatic bean grinder with the machine. I still the grind part for the basic drip coffee machine now.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased a burr coffee grinder from Cuisinart. After a few weeks a part had broken, and since it was under warranty I contacted them to get it replaced. I had previously registered the warranty with them so I had hoped this would not be a big deal. To summarize my experience - Over the past five weeks I have sent eleven followup messages. Of the four where I received a reply, each of which was over a week later and asked for information that I had already provided. Eventually they agreed to ship me a replacement part, which once it arrived it turned out to not be the part we had been discussing. I let them know of their error and they have not responded.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We had a 12 c coffee maker with the water reservoir for 5 years without problems. So of course we ordered another. Well, it started working funny, hot water red light kept flashing. But problem stopped. Until after the 30 warranty. Long story short, bought at Amazon, tried their CS and they handed me to Cuisinart CS who was unable to help so returned cord and received another coffee maker with the water reservoir after paying $10 in S & H.

Well in less than a week the same problem happened. Hot water reservoir light kept flashing and at times flashed the blue and red. So I made another complaint quickly. Was told I had to send this unit back (I would have to pay the S & H). I said that was not acceptable. So I kept the unit tried unplugging for 24 hrs and plugged in and starting working. And has until today 5//2019 the red and blue lights flashed back and forth. Of course it is over warranty. And I do not see any recourse except to complain. Will lodge a complaint with Amazon also.

Cuisinart Company Information