Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2011

3-month old coffee pot stopped working after being just used 3-4 times a week. I guess I’ll switch back to Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2011

I purchased a Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffee maker. After about one year, it just stopped working. The light will not come on to start the brew process.

We purchased another maker Cuisinart CBC-00 series on 3/7/09. Just last week, it stopped working too. It will not come on to start the brew process. My wife went out and purchased another maker (same kind) we have been using an older Bunn maker that I pulled out of our RV until we could get the Cuisinart replaced. It has been a week and the new maker is still in the trunk of my wife's Camry (unopened). After reading all of the reviews tonight on this site, I have instructed my wife to return the new maker for a refund. I do not want my house to burn down with my kids inside it. $90 is not worth losing everything we have worked our ** for. Sorry Cuisinart, our Bunn maker is 10+ years old and still has no problems with it. I think we paid $25 for it and it still works.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2011

I have used Cuisinart coffee makers for many years. I recently purchased a new one at Bloomingdale's and when I got it home, I noticed it came with a thermal coffee pot. I have always had a glass pot. Now, when we make the coffee in the morning after brewing the electric plate shuts off, but the coffee is not hot. My husband has to microwave the coffee to make it hot enough. What is wrong?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

I also have a Cuisinart DCC 1200 that caught fire. Just like others have stated, we had just finished drinking our coffee when we heard a popping noise in the kitchen. When I went into the kitchen, the base of the coffee maker was on fire. If we had not been home, we could have lost our home, possessions and pet. What can we do as consumers to go back at Cuisinart?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

Cuisinart coffee maker hot plate is rusted after only 2 years. Bought this brand coffee maker because of its reputation and am very disappointed.

Cuisinart makes really good small appliances but their coffee maker falls short on quality. Any suggestions on how to remove the rust or should I just live with it or buy a new coffee maker (non Cuisinart).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2011

After extensive research and glowing reviews, I bought a Cuisinart 1100 coffee maker about a year ago. It has made very good coffee, but this morning it did its burning acrid smell thing. Went outside for about 2 minutes, came back into the house and the smell was overpowering. We finally traced it to the coffee pot, unplugged it (it had already turned off), and dumped it outside. I googled about the acrid burning smell. Should I be concerned? Wow! What an eye opener to see how many had had the same problem. Obviously, this model needs to be recalled before some serious damage occurs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2011

What's up Cuisanart? I'm going to get you back somehow, some way! Your coffee pot caught on fire today and I have 3 kids. Take this as a threat, but when I read the complaints of the previous people and found that I had to rush my coffee pot out the door to eliminate the fire hazard to my house, I take that as a threat as well to me and my family. You have heard the warnings from the previous postings and if I need to file a civil claim to reap the returns of what you have caused, I will. Do not buy this coffee pot, it could kill you and your family!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2011

I have had my Cuisinart coffee maker for one year. It suddenly stopped working this week, although the lights go on. The motor has stopped, by which I mean it does not heat up the water or do anything. Now, I am reading online that many others have had similar experiences. This was the $80 plus coffee maker and this is not acceptable. What recourse do I have?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2011

My DCC-200 suddenly stopped going through a complete cycle. Instead of brewing 12 cups, it brews about 6. I have to shut it off and run it twice more to get a full pot. I have cleaned it thoroughly, but to no avail. I bought it because of the handy dispenser and loved the concept, but am now frustrated and concerned about the safety of the machine.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2011

The first 12 cup, fully programmable, lasted just over a year and "burnt out". The 2nd one lasted less than a year and just stopped brewing despite all lights and clock working. We enjoyed it while it worked. But between what I've read and my experience, it is time for a change.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2011

Purchased two Cuisinart DCC-1200 Series coffeemakers. First one lasted a little over a year. Second one purchased in March 2010 (1 year 8 months ago). This one started leaking out of the bottom of the coffee maker after making a popping sound. Return policy requires I pay for shipping and send them $10 for return shipping and they may repair it. Will not buy another one of these products again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2011

We purchased the DC 1200 Cuisinart Coffee Maker last November. This morning as the coffee was finishing up brewing, there was a popping noise, a flame, and smoke coming from the base. We immediately unplugged the unit and the flame went out. The smoke persisted for a good half an hour. If we were not home, there is no telling what the state of our house would be in right now. I can't believe this product has not been recalled, based on all the similar stories I have read here.

We can no longer use it. It could have burned the house down, if we weren't home. This was not a cheap coffee maker, and we have only had it for nearly a year. Other coffee makers I've had, lasted over 15 years.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2011

My Cuisinart DCC-1100 automatic drip coffee maker was a little over a year old. Immediately after making coffee, it began to make a popping noise that sounded similar to the sound it normally makes when condensation drips down onto the heating element. The noise continued until I went to check and discovered that white smoke was pouring out of the base and there was the acrid smell of an electrical fire. I picked it up and ran out of the house with it trailing smoke. Whew!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

On February 7, 2008, we purchased Cuisinart Fine Stainless flatware for $66.54 and then bought a second set on April 7, 2008 for $142.82. It is rusting and spotting. I wish a refund. I thought because it was Cuisinart it would be a good brand. Also my Cuisinart Coffee pot-- the hot plate is rusting.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2011

I really enjoyed the Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable, however it stopped working shortly after about 10 months of use. I flipped the switch to brew, and while the red light comes on, nothing happens. I have tried cleaning it but to no avail. This has been really frustrating for me as I feel my product should have lasted much longer.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

Up until yesterday our Cuisinart Coffee Maker DCC-1200 purchased in January 2011 worked as advertised. Everything was fine. Today, it decided to stop working. No fire or smoke. But no coffee either. I called Cuisinart customer service. They will mail us a new one (hopefully manufactured to a higher, safer standard) for $10 shipping cost. After reading all these complaints, I am going to church to thank my higher power that nothing serious happened.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2011

I had coffee makers, and they were model DGB-700BC. The first one just stopped grinding. I bought another; three years after, it caught fire. I see that other Cuisinart products that heat has similar issues. I will not purchase any more of their products again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

I have a Cuisinart Coffee maker, Model 1200. At 15 months, it started burning plastic on one morning. There was overwhelming stench, smoke. Luckily, we were home. We unplugged it and took it outside. Web search shows numerous similar reports. It seems that this should be a recall unit.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2011

My Cuisinart DCC-1100 almost caught fire. Good thing I was sitting here. It started making all kinds of noise then I realized the light to brew or keep heating was off and the clock was not showing. Next I realized smoke was coming from it. It was 14 months old.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2011

I've had the exact same experience as everyone else has described with my six-month old Cuisinart DCC-1200C series coffee maker. The "popping" sound, the smoke billowing out of the unit, and the overwhelming smell of burning electrical. Like many others, we also are grateful we were awake and able to run the unit out into the backyard before anything more serious happened. I emailed Conair (apparently a parent company of Cuisinart), and refused to pay my own money to ship this defective product to them. They sent FedEx to my door to pick up the unit for "research and analysis" purposes and have promised me a different appliance for compensation. (I refused to have another of their coffee makers in my house). It was a week ago that they took possession of the coffee maker, and I haven't heard a word since. I've kept all documents and correspondence and am prepared to hold them accountable. I'm shocked that this scenario keeps happening, and they don't recall this clearly defective product.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

The Coffee maker was caught on fire (Cuisinart Brewmaster DCC-1200). I have only had it 3-6 months. These are a safety hazard and should be recalled.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2011

Same story as others. I walked into the kitchen for my second cup of coffee to find my Cuisinart DCC-1200 series coffee pot smoking and a smell of an electric fire. The only damage was to the coffee pot and the company will not recall or refund. I want a refund, not another fire hazard! Cuisinart is clearly at fault.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2011

I also have a repeat story! This morning, all of the sudden, I heard a cracking and popping noise coming from the other side of the kitchen; I turned to see smoke pouring out from under the coffee pot. It was set on the timer but I had gotten up early or I would have been in the shower. My home was almost burnt down! There needs to be a recall with a refund. $149.00 call pot should imply quality and safety.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2011

Nine months ago, I purchased a Cuisinart DCC1200 coffeemaker. This morning, about 45 minutes after making coffee, my wife noticed a crackling sound and burning smell coming from the kitchen. She found that the coffeemaker was smoking heavily and the coffee in the carafe was boiling. We immediately unplugged the unit and threw it outside. The house is still permeated with the odor of burnt wires. From reading the site, I see that I am only one of the many with this identical problem. This is obviously a defective product and would undoubtedly have started a fire if we had not been at home. But apparently, Cuisinart chooses to do nothing about the plethora of identical complaints about a potentially life-threatening situation caused by this line of products. To add insult to injury, this was an expensive coffeemaker. From reading the experiences of others with the same problem, I am not optimistic about Cuisinart doing anything about it. The unit is still under warranty, but why would I want this coffeemaker replaced with another identical fire hazard? Several people have mentioned that their replacement unit caught fire, the same as the original one.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2011

On 10/19/11, I turned on my coffeemaker to brew. Several minutes later, I heard crackling and saw smoke coming up from the bottom. The coffeemaker was on fire inside.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2011

This morning, I prepared the coffee pot and set it to brew. It brewed coffee. Just before I was ready to leave the house, I heard it crackling/popping and went to check on it. The light was off and I smelled electrical burn. I turned it around and saw smoke coming from the base where the cord originates. I grabbed the pot and threw it outside onto the grass and saw it continue to smoke. I have had this pot for at least 5 years.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2011

My Cuisinart DC-1100 is a little over a year old. For the past week, I have been hearing some crackling noises from the coffee pot (more than normal). I just thought it was condensation drips hitting the heating pad, so I have been turning it off when I hear that. Now, my coffee maker does not even turn on. I am fortunate that I didn't have a fire like the other stories. I thought Cuisinart was a good brand, but in reading the other complaints, and Cuisinart has not even recalled this unit? I don't think I can trust Cuisinart any longer. It's a good thing I was shutting off the unit when hearing the noises. I normally forget and let it "auto shut off" when I leave for work.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2011

It is Sunday morning 10-9-11 at 7:30, I had my first cup of coffee and was in my den, when I heard crackling coming from the kitchen. I investigated and saw my Cuisinart coffee pot smoking and there was an electrical fire smell. I placed the unit outside and opened the windows up to get the horrible, unforgettable smell out. I called Cuisinart but they were not open yet, as they take calls at 9AM EST. This unit is relatively new. I googled Cuisinart coffee maker fires and this site came up and I am glad it did as there was another incident with a coffee pot, same exact circumstances on 10-5-11. I will follow up with FDA and Cuisinart.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2011

Less than a year ago, we purchased a Cuisinart coffeemaker model DCC-1100 in black. This week it almost burned our house down! Something malfunctioned in the heater plate. It started making a clicking sound and the coffee in the pot was rapidly boiling. You could smell burning electrical wires. We immediately unplugged the unit before it caught fire. It was just fortunate we were in the kitchen at the time and not in the shower, as we frequently use the timer feature to wake up to a fresh brewed pot of coffee every morning.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2011

I heard a crackling noise in the kitchen shortly after making coffee. My husband went to investigate and found the coffeemaker smoking and on fire! The smoke smell was an electrical. Thank God we didn't leave and go to work when this happened!

Cuisinart said that the only thing they would offer is another coffeemaker. No way! I wanted a refund.

Cuisinart Company Information