Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

DCC-1100 coffeemaker - We have owned 2, both had the same issue. After 18 or so months of use, burning smell came from plate. 1st incident I thought may have been due to overfilling reservoir so we replaced with 2nd. 18 months later we smelled wires burning and kitchen smoking. Called Cuisinart and they offered to replace maker with same model! Declined their offer and they directed my ticket to "corporate." Someone would return my call within 5 days. Have yet to hear from anyone. Emailed marketing and will continue to pursue action. This is an unsafe model and Cuisinart should act now!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

We purchased an EM-200 just over a year and half ago. From the start, we had issues. The first unit failed, and we sent in back after three months use, and we did get a second unit. We had to pay for shipping. The second unit failed, and we shipped it back, again paying for shipping. The third unit failed, and we shipped it back, and paid shipping. Now, the fourth unit has failed! Even worse, despite having this fourth unit for less than nine months, we are being told it is "out of warranty" as they resort to the purchase of the first unit. So, the FOURTH unit we received in May 2014 (build in March 2014) is now broken, and out of warranty! This after spending $300 for the original, and now over $75 in shipping. Contacting the company achieves nothing, and you can see they have an "F" rating with the BBB. Run away from this company as fast as you can!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I received the Cuisinart Coffee Plus beverage system last Christmas (2013) and on 1/9/15 it stopped working. I can't believe that after 1 year this $130 product just up and died!! It's not like Cuisinart is a cheap brand. I just never would have guessed after a year this machine would be a throw away!! The coffee side completely died yet the hot water side still heats. I really wish I knew how to save this machine cause I loved it! Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a heating element that can be replaced?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

Our DCC-750 coffeemaker gave off a clicking, then buzz sound before smoke from burning plastic rose from the carafe area. As we have our breakfast in the kitchen near the counter where this thing sits, I was able to unplug it and remove it to the outdoors before doing any additional damage beyond the acrid smoke. With the other cases here, there is an obvious defect that needs to be addressed!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

1/4/15, after brewing completed, coffee maker crackled & smoked, electrical odor evident. Machine removed to outdoors. 2 year old Cuisinart model DCC2205, defective coffee maker, currently seeking recall information.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Cuisanart coffeemakers use a sure-to-fail metal fuse connector. After a few months mine started stopping during its cycle. I took mine apart because I went to a tool store to find a type of screw driver which is hard to find. Cuisanart planned it that way. They don't want you to try to fix it when it quits. After cleaning and some adjusting it worked for two more months before it started stopping during the brewing cycle again. Some people have redone the wiring but I am done with their products. Today I bought a new machine and the Cuisanart, which works if you turn it off and on every two minutes, sits in my garage for the garbage. I will never buy a Cuisanart product again. I did notice that the most recent version has a screw change on the bottom but too late for this guy. Their pay shipping hassle is not worth the time. They should have done it right the first time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

Cuisinart SS700 Single Serve Coffee Maker -K-cup. My coffee maker just stopped working, it does not brew a full cup of coffee. I tried calling the manufacturer, but they said that my machine is out of the warranty. So I am out of luck and would have to purchase a new one.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

Cuisinart DCC-1150 - We have had at least 5 of these machines. The early units lasted for a good while - 2 years or so. The later units last about 5 - 9 months only, and then begin to grow very weak in length of brewing cycle time. It will progressively take more and more "attempts" at getting all of the water to turn through on the cycle. As a engineer, my opinion is that the thermal protection device is very cheap and "wears" out after only limited home use. Very disappointing, as the basic unit we like. We had our latest one replaced under warranty, and the new unit worked for only 5 months! I called customer service and they were no help at all - wanted us to pay shipping again. I told the agent we were finished with them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

I bought this blender almost a year ago and two months after I purchased it, the blade broke and had to be replaced. This past week I was using the blender and smelled something smoldering and it was the blender. The wheel where the blade had broken off and was burning. I called the company and got no results. I looked the product up in recalls and didn't see the exact blender but another one from Cuisinart with the same problem on recall. I purchased this almost a year ago at Macy in Saugus, MA.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

Have owned the Cuisinart DD 1200 coffeepot for about 3 years. It had been on this morning for about 2 hours when I heard "clicking" from the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen, smelled burning electrical wires and saw smoke coming from the unit. The coffee in the pot was starting to boil. The unit had powered itself off (nothing on the digital display). Ran to carry the unit outside and allowed it to cool down. Called the 800 customer service number and they stated that this was "the first reported kind of trouble with this unit" and they would be willing to replace the unit if I mail back the power cord. When I explained that we have two homes and a Cuisinart unit in both, and that I was worried that a similar problem could occur with the other unit, the rep told me that since there's no known problem with the other unit, they would not do anything "until that unit experiences a problem". I explained that if I hadn't been in the area when the present unit malfunctioned, it could have resulted in a devastating fire, the rep still stood by the statement that until there's a problem, no action would be taken on the second coffeemaker.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

My husband bought me a Cuisinart coffee maker for my birthday. I was really happy but that didn't last. The coffee maker broke down within a few months. Tried to take it back with receipt and they said warranty was only good for thirty days. So we're just out 129.00 and we really just wanted it replaced.. now we're just without. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Cuisinart Coffee grinder Model CCM-16PC1 - My husband reports that yesterday, 12/01/2014, the coffee grinder started up on its own twice. There was coffee in the receptacle, and it was plugged in. He solved the problem by unplugging the machine. I've been concerned about strange encounters of the spirit world since this report. Generally we always have the machine plugged in, and it is fairly difficult to turn it on. The coffee catcher has to be snapped in very well.

Now we will keep this unplugged when not in use. I wonder, though, if the company is under some kind of spiritual attack. I'm somewhat relieved that there seems to be a history with this brand; although I feel very sad about families who have had damage to their homes. I still find it spooky, being a believer of the visible and invisible.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

The white lines and cup numbers wash off the pot in the dishwasher; however the lines and numbers of my Pyrex measuring cups which have been through the dishwasher for many years are still perfectly visible. Come on Cuisinart, you could do better.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

On November 30, 2014, the coffee pot started smoking from the bottom area and I could see a red ring glowing on the bottom plate. I immediately pulled the plug! The smoke smelled like burning electrical wires. Here are some ongoing issues I put up with prior to the fire: the carafe leaked when you tried to fill your coffee cup, the coffee pot leaked underneath, the black 'paint' flaked on the hot plate. Purchased from Best Buy on 8/19/2011, it died on 11/30/2014 (approximately 3 yrs and 3 months). Also, I plan on calling the 800 number to voice my concern. I believe they discontinued the DCC-1100 series. *BUYER BEWARE, YOUR SAFETY MAY BE COMPROMISED.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

This coffee maker was a great idea but I am on my second one and the coffee is still not hot enough. I emailed them when first one was 158 degrees and they asked that I do a cleaning, which I did. No results so I was advised to return it or send it back ($10 each way). I returned it to store and second one does the same thing...165 degrees. I assume I can just return it to the store but what a waste of time. I now assume this is a general rather than a specific problem with this coffee maker.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

Two weeks ago I made morning coffee as per usual. Took a cup to dining room and 20 minutes later heard a noise from kitchen. I thought it was ice maker so I did not respond immediately. After a couple of minutes it got very loud. I ran into the kitchen to find my Cuisinart coffee maker boiling very hard with smoke pouring out around the pot. Removed pot to sink and unplugged maker [red indicator light was off]. Smoke was very acrid and reaching the ceiling. When I picked up the maker there was smoke pouring out the bottom as well. I took it outside and tossed it into the yard. It sits under a wood cabinet and I never worried about it being left on when I went out. SCARY! and disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

The alarming side is that should I have programmed the coffee maker to make coffee just prior to my waking up or if I had walked out the door with the unit plugged in after the brew and warm cycle had finished. I think that this would have been a very bad situation. I am disappointed to say the least. I certainly won't purchase this product again after reading the great number of people who have had the same experience.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

The machine turns off while brewing and the heating laminate is peeling. When I reported the problem they would not replace because it was past the warranty. They said they would not be held liable if it caught fire because they told me not to use.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I've had this Cuisinart coffee maker for about 4 years now and use it daily. Absolutely LOVE it! No other coffee maker I've ever encountered keeps the coffee nice and hot for 2 hours without making it taste like burnt grounds. This coffee maker is truly the best. However, lately, it turns off halfway through brewing. So far, I've been able to psyche it out by turning it back on one or two times during the brew process and that has worked. I am afraid a house brown out may have messed with the electrical component? Anyway, I'd like to call Cuisinart, but the unit is 4 years old. We have a bit of an older model at work and we use that baby 4 times a day for 5 years, and it's been working like a champ! The work Cuisinart has overflowed the coffee once or twice, but I think that is user error, overfilling the grounds and clogging it, and also we hadn't used the cleaning cycle in years. It happens when it's overfilled with grounds only.

I really love this coffee pot series, and even if it doesn't work perfectly after 4 years of use, it still makes awesome coffee, and I would buy another one. Still beats a cheap coffee maker any day. I've owned Black & Deckers, Gevalia, and many other cheaper models, as I am a coffee junkie.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I ordered parts for my very old, but very functional food processor. I have gone around and around with a Cuisinart authorized dealer, and Cuisinart direct and am getting NO satisfaction. This has been going on for 4 months. They sent the wrong parts THREE TIMES. Cuisinart has a 30 day return/exchange policy. My fault - I did not call sooner on the third try. However, THEY are the supposed experts in which parts I need (and yes I gave them model numbers and so on). Anyway, these are parts they stock and sell all the time. But because it's a "policy" they are not willing to work with me. BAD POLICY. So, Cuisinart - I am going to buy a new food processor, taking my $500-$700 to another company, Breville. I would have purchased another Cuisinart once my old one no longer worked. But too bad. When my Cuisinart coffee pot stops working - guess what?! I will NOT replace it with a Cuisinart. I will not purchase a Cuisinart product again. And I will make sure that my friends and family, know what poor customer service and silly policies Cuisinart purports.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

I have used this DCC-1200 Series Brew Central Coffee Maker by Cuisinart for about 2 years with no problem. Primarily used to brew 4 cups once per day. Last time I brewed my usual morning coffee, I didn't hear the beeps that the coffee was ready but instead heard a strange gurgling noise from the kitchen and found the coffee in the carafe boiling - a rolling boil. Unplugged the machine. Next day, plugged it back in and tried to brew a pot while I could watch it. Clock still works but the coffee maker - absolutely NOTHING. I am surprised and disappointed in this Cuisinart product. Time to go back to Consumer Reports site... then get a Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2014

I paid $120.00 for this piece of junk. It had a 3 year warranty and at 3 1/2 years the product just died. They will do nothing to help me and told me to take it to a small appliance person. I will never buy another Cuisinart product - EVER.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2014

I smelled a burning smell when I got up. I checked everything I could but I wasn't able to locate the cause. When I went down later for breakfast I smelled it worse and noticed the coffee maker was burning. When I unplugged it and picked it up to move it the entire bottom warming plate crumbled out and I could see the wires in there. This product should be recalled immediately. I just read about 10 reviews that said the same thing. Don't buy this product. It works great for a while but it is not worth dying for!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 10 Pc. Set from addvantageusa.com. I love this stuff. The heat spreads quickly and evenly. The handles are nice. Stainless does not mess up the taste of my meals. It is easy to clean. Seriously, I love these pots and pans!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

My Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffee maker is at my business. My wife gave it to me on my birthday, in 2011. It looks great, and makes great coffee. I only make 4 cups of coffee daily, M-F. This morning, instead of hearing the 5 beeps signaling that the brewing is finished, I heard a popping and cracking sound and smelled burning wires. I immediately unplugged the machine and removed the carafe, as the coffee was starting to boil. Apparently, the thermostat for the hot plate malfunctioned and the plate was in the initial stages of a China Syndrome. The coffee maker sits on a wooden shelf, which likely would have started burning if I had not unplugged the machine. I think it may be safer just to buy a really old Mr Coffee machine at the Goodwill store. At least maybe I could find one that wasn't made in CHINA!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2014

I purchased this brand new on ebay from a dealer February 23, 2014 and today, August 25, 2014 it just stopped working. I still have the stickers on it!!! This has only been used about once a month to grind a pound of coffee as I only drink a cup a day. I will not buy Cuisinart again! I don't fault the seller because they couldn't have known that a well-known brand like this would be defective. But I did pay $45.00 for it and I'm NOT happy.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2014

I was awakened at 3:30 am this morning to a strong electrical burning odor. It appeared centralized in the kitchen, but I was unable to locate exactly what was burning. I unplugged all appliances and aired the house out. It wasn't until morning when I plugged the Cuisinart Keurig (SS-300 Series) coffee maker back in, when I smelled that pungent electrical burning odor again, and it was coming from the machine. This is a single-cup unit without a timer, that has sat in the same place since I got it last month.

I called the 800# in the pamphlet, and they said I could send it to them and it might be replaced, but I'd have to pay for shipping. I declined because of the cost, wait time, inconvenience, and taking a chance on another dangerous faulty unit. I asked them to call my credit union (cashed in my points to purchase), and let them know that they sold a defective product and other customers need to be made aware, but he refused. This is very dangerous. There needs to be a recall on this product, and accountability from Cuisinart.

Original review: July 31, 2014

I LOVE Cuisinart as a Brand and HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!! Their Customer Service Department was very helpful and professional. I sent in my Food Processor that was almost past the 3-year warranty and THEY SENT ME A NEW MACHINE!!!! Cuisinart really stands behind their warranty!!! The motor is guaranteed for 20 years!!! I LOVE THIS COMPANY and will always be a loyal customer and cheerleader for their products. The parent company is CONAIR!!!! Yeah CONAIR!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cuisinart and CONAIR!!!!!

Original review: July 23, 2014

I have had my coffee maker about a year and all of a sudden it is taking way too long to start brewing and then it does not always empty the water reservoir. I brew 4 cups and do as instructions. I am really disappointed with it especially considering the cost.

Original review: July 14, 2014

Excerpt from my report submitted to US Consumer Product Safety Commission:

The brewing cycle on my Cuisinart CBC-00 Brew Central 12-cup coffee maker had almost finished this morning, when I smelled the acrid odor of burning plastic. The glass carafe was full of coffee, and smoke began coming out of the back of the unit from the hole where the cord exits, up from the water reservoir in the rear of the unit, and through the filter cup. I am not certain whether the burner beneath the carafe was also overheating, but I think the "melt-down" was instead occurring mainly in the water building chamber in the rear/bottom of the unit… this part was smoking.

I unplugged the unit immediately and moved it to a safer place (bottom was quite hot to the touch), preparing to throw it out into the yard or get an extinguisher if necessary. The smell of burning plastic and a light smoke permeated the kitchen and I had to open windows to get the smell out of the house. If I had not been in the room when this happened, I am quite certain that the unit would have continued to overheat, would have combusted underneath my kitchen cabinets, and caused a significant kitchen fire (my wife and young daughter were upstairs still sleeping).

I took the unit back to the Costco from which I purchased it to receive a refund, and I told them to flag it as a safety issue. I purchased this unit about 1.5 years ago at Costco, and I have seen reviews on Amazon.com (check the one-star ratings) on similar Cuisinart units that mentioned overheating and smoke issues. I hope that CPSC will investigate these incidents and force a recall by Cuisinart.

Cuisinart Company Information