2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.21/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: May 12, 2015

I bought my food processor off Amazon and it doesn't have a serial number on it. Now I have to pay for shipping my DEFECTIVE 4 MONTH OLD machine to the company for a replacement. What a crock of crap!!

Original review: May 7, 2015

A month ago I purchased my third Cuisinart coffee pot over the past ten years. I have never had an issue until now. The first time I used the DCC-1200 to make coffee, it started making a strange ticking noise after completing the cycle. I emailed customer service and was told to pay for shipping of a new coffee pot and shipping fees of the defective pot back to Cusinart! That is unacceptable for an $80.00 purchase! I called to speak with a supervisor after the customer service representative was rude to me and she was not any better. After ten years of buying Cuisinart coffee pots, I will be changing manufacturers! I will never purchase a Cuisinart product again. Very disappointed in the company!

Resolution response: May 2, 2015

After I submitted a complaint and a review with the Better Business Bureau, Cuisinart agreed to refund the return shipping charges. They claim that I should receive a check in four to six weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2015

We purchased a Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12 cup programmable coffeemaker in November of 2013. In December of 2014, slightly more than one year into the three year warranty, the coffeemaker failed, with water leaking out of the bottom of the unit. I contacted Cuisinart Customer Service and was told that they would send a replacement, but that I would have to pay $10 for shipping and handling. In addition I was told that I would have to return the defective unit at my expense. The shipping charges for the return came to just under $20.

This is a warranty that protects Cuisinart, not the consumer. It should not cost the consumer nearly $30 to exercise a warranty when a product fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. According to the Better Business Bureau there have been over one hundred complaints filed against Cuisinart in the last three years, nearly two thirds of which are classified as either Problems with Product/Service or Guarantee/Warranty Issues. Cuisinart used to be a respected company producing quality products. No more. We have purchased our last Cuisinart product.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I had been a long-time owner of Cuisinart coffee makers with never a complaint. So when it was time to upgrade, I chose the Cuisinart Thermal 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. It looks nice and makes good coffee, BUT the thermal carafe leaks like a sieve. No mater what position I poured from or how slow or fast, I left a pool of coffee on the counter. Additionally, the coffee right after brewing was only lukewarm. I pre-heated the carafe and my cup, and the best I could get was 147 degrees. I called Cuisinart Customer Service and the rep said they had never had a complaint about this model and that they guarantee a temperature of 181-183; so I went back to my Bed Bath & Beyond and exchanged it for another, thinking I had gotten a lemon. Same identical deal with the second.

Then reading online reviews (too late), I saw that many others had had the same problems. Visiting a friend a few weeks later, I found that she had the exact same model, only years older. The lid to the carafe was designed differently and didn't drop a drip, and the coffee was also much hotter. I hope Cuisinart fires the product manager responsible for the improvements. Don't buy this model!

Original review: March 28, 2015

Series DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand - We love the practicality of this coffee maker design, however the o-rings in the reservoir begin to deteriorate after two years and little black specs (that appear to be coffee grounds) begin appearing in your coffee.

Original review: March 27, 2015

I bought a blender from Cuisinart last week when I was travelling in NY and when I arrived home last weekend back in Brazil, I noticed that the blender was not working. It should be totally unacceptable to Cuisinart to sell a non-working product. I tried to get in touch with Cuisinart, both in Brazil and US and now what I heard is that the warranty is not applicable outside the US. This is not the information written in the warranty provided with the blender!!! In the warranty, some exclusions are detailed and no reference is made to products to be used overseas. Now I have a rubbish workless blender, in which I spent quite a few dollars. What should I do with it? Simply throw it away? If it worked for a couple of years and stopped, yes it would be bad, but at least acceptable. But having a NEW blender that never worked and now is useless is totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 22, 2015

Two coffee makers used mostly only on weekends at the cabin. After about one year the heater/ brewing stopped. Had used filtered water and even cleaned as recommended w/ vinegar to avoid calcium build up. No way to fix the unit, so it's landfill once again. Bought at Costco and telling them to stop selling such junk.

Original review: March 11, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker. Machine stopped working. Notified company which sent me a new one. Sent back old one. Guess what? New one also faulty. Made in China. Company 'reneged' on sending me a third one. Said hadn't received 1st one. Untrue.

Original review: March 9, 2015

I purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker which cost over $100. After five years the machine is not turning on. I contacted Cuisinart and explained the problem. They refused to compensate for the machine and they said there is nothing they could do. They also mentioned I could not send it back for repair. A coffee maker should last much longer than five years specially at a cost of $100. Cuisinart need to have a better policy for the consumer. Consumer beware!!! A $100 machine should not be disposable when it breaks but should be fixable.

Original review: March 7, 2015

This Cuisinart DCC1200 coffee maker is not designed to last over 3 years!!! DON'T BUY IT!!! It is leaking on inside on the bottom and I'm afraid of a fire. Since I contacted the company they said the warranty is over 3 years and they cannot fix it. My Mom's coffee maker is over 15 years old!!!!! It's not a cuisinart!!!

Original review: March 3, 2015

I bought a top of the range food processor in 2009. It was meant to last for ever but it stopped working. Obviously I lost my receipt but when I called I got through to a friendly operator who immediately agreed to pick it up the next week and deliver me a brand new top of the range one. They even called on the day to say when the driver would arrive and to call if I had any questions. I don't often write reviews and usually they are negative because it's common to get rubbish customer service. I am happy to say that Cuisinart are my new favourite company!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

After only four years of use, I have entered my kitchen to find the coffee has leaked all over the counter. I have had two previous ones and they just stopped brewing. This one did too but the leaking coffee is a new thing. I have read online comments that many people have experienced the same problem. In fact Amazon has theirs under review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

I ordered a part for my food processor from the Cuisinart website in mid-November 2014. I have been getting emails every once in a while saying that the item is back ordered and to please confirm that I still want it - which I do every time. Now almost three months later, I receive another email saying that the part will actually not be coming in at all but I can order a set/kit that has the part in it. So I call to get the price and order the item and am told that they don't actually have the kit in stock. Really??? So I ask when it is expected to be in stock and am told that they are just a vendor and I will have to call Cuisinart. When I call Cuisinart, they tell me that they don't have the part and to just search online. Then they tell me that they discontinued my particular model, essentially forcing me to buy an entirely new food processor instead of a $25 part. Looks like I will be shopping and doing everything I can to avoid Cuisinart!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

I used my Foreman grill unit I wore it out and then purchased a Cuisinart as a replacement. It was a waste of my $99. The cooking plates couldn't be cleaned. It cooked unevenly. I gave it to an indigent friend instead of complaining and aggravating myself. She cannot use it either. I had a small Cuisinart, but wanted a larger one to process my kosher for Passover foods. I got a dc 11 model and loved it. I store it away when it isn't Passover and only use it during that holiday. But I loved it so much that I bought a second one. It was a total dud as the food container is impossible to install for use. It was too long ago for me to find receipts. So now I am using the Passover one year round and just. It using the other. I have no idea as to what to do with the malfunctioning one. Any advice?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Have bought percolators for years. The last 2 I bought broke within a year. They are not cheap either. I can get no one to return my call. Sorry to say time to find another brand. I pay the extra for a quality product. This is not.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart citrus juicer three days ago. Unit is small and works ok, but the juicer is made of a black plastic and after the first use, a white haze remains that I have been unable to remove. It says to clean the juicing parts with soap and water and to not use abrasive cleaners. I have removed about 98% but it takes lots of work with a dish cloth and detergent and then you can't get into the tiny holes and crevices to make it look clean. Also, you have to clean it every two or three medium oranges you juice.

It has a "fast spin" feature that is supposed to "extract every drop of juice," but in reality on the "low pulp" setting about 60% of the pulp gets forces through. So, you have to strain it anyway on any setting. The pulp hub is only about 3/4 inch high, so it really limits the amount of juicing to about 6 ounces in 5 minutes. A much better design would be a white or maybe light orange plastic hub and mandrel setup with about a 3" wall height. That would make it possible to juice about a dozen medium oranges, and have a 6 ounce serving for two people. As it is, it's a toy and teases you to get the job done. Worth the 30 bucks, but short on production.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart Chef's Classic 11-piece cookware set a few months ago. It was purchased to add to the well-used stainless pots and pans we already have. Not for frying, braising of anything. Everything sticks to it and it is almost impossible to clean and make look nice again. We have dual ranges in our kitchen (1 gas Viking 48" and a Dacor 36 electric ceran). I called about the burned on and sticking problem and the very rude customer service person replied that this is CHEF quality cookware, and the problems is I don't know how to cook properly. I was told to start with the gas at the lowest setting and not to use an electric range. Makes no difference, stuff burns on the sides and sticks to the bottoms no matter how slow or how constantly it is stirred, or attended.

Their recommended cleaning procedure takes hours and so you quickly learn this set is a pot rack hanging set - not really intended for use. I gave the set away to a young couple and fell back on my older well-used stainless pieces that don't match but work great. She just told me that they gave the set to Goodwill as it was terrible. My luck with all things Cuisinart is so far terrible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Cuisanart does not service or repair its Electrical Can Openers. These products should be either services or repaired by authorized shops or company's own service centers. It is surprising that a company of Cuisanart's stature does not have a corporate social responsibility or environmental awareness to provide such service. It is suggested me to throw this product and get a new one. It is simply creating and encouraging consumers to throw their malfunctioning products away and contribute more to our electronic waste than repair and recycle old parts on its Electrical Can openers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

DCC-1100 coffeemaker - We have owned 2, both had the same issue. After 18 or so months of use, burning smell came from plate. 1st incident I thought may have been due to overfilling reservoir so we replaced with 2nd. 18 months later we smelled wires burning and kitchen smoking. Called Cuisinart and they offered to replace maker with same model! Declined their offer and they directed my ticket to "corporate." Someone would return my call within 5 days. Have yet to hear from anyone. Emailed marketing and will continue to pursue action. This is an unsafe model and Cuisinart should act now!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

We purchased an EM-200 just over a year and half ago. From the start, we had issues. The first unit failed, and we sent in back after three months use, and we did get a second unit. We had to pay for shipping. The second unit failed, and we shipped it back, again paying for shipping. The third unit failed, and we shipped it back, and paid shipping. Now, the fourth unit has failed! Even worse, despite having this fourth unit for less than nine months, we are being told it is "out of warranty" as they resort to the purchase of the first unit. So, the FOURTH unit we received in May 2014 (build in March 2014) is now broken, and out of warranty! This after spending $300 for the original, and now over $75 in shipping. Contacting the company achieves nothing, and you can see they have an "F" rating with the BBB. Run away from this company as fast as you can!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I received the Cuisinart Coffee Plus beverage system last Christmas (2013) and on 1/9/15 it stopped working. I can't believe that after 1 year this $130 product just up and died!! It's not like Cuisinart is a cheap brand. I just never would have guessed after a year this machine would be a throw away!! The coffee side completely died yet the hot water side still heats. I really wish I knew how to save this machine cause I loved it! Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a heating element that can be replaced?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

Our DCC-750 coffeemaker gave off a clicking, then buzz sound before smoke from burning plastic rose from the carafe area. As we have our breakfast in the kitchen near the counter where this thing sits, I was able to unplug it and remove it to the outdoors before doing any additional damage beyond the acrid smoke. With the other cases here, there is an obvious defect that needs to be addressed!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

1/4/15, after brewing completed, coffee maker crackled & smoked, electrical odor evident. Machine removed to outdoors. 2 year old Cuisinart model DCC2205, defective coffee maker, currently seeking recall information.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Cuisanart coffeemakers use a sure-to-fail metal fuse connector. After a few months mine started stopping during its cycle. I took mine apart because I went to a tool store to find a type of screw driver which is hard to find. Cuisanart planned it that way. They don't want you to try to fix it when it quits. After cleaning and some adjusting it worked for two more months before it started stopping during the brewing cycle again. Some people have redone the wiring but I am done with their products. Today I bought a new machine and the Cuisanart, which works if you turn it off and on every two minutes, sits in my garage for the garbage. I will never buy a Cuisanart product again. I did notice that the most recent version has a screw change on the bottom but too late for this guy. Their pay shipping hassle is not worth the time. They should have done it right the first time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

Cuisinart SS700 Single Serve Coffee Maker -K-cup. My coffee maker just stopped working, it does not brew a full cup of coffee. I tried calling the manufacturer, but they said that my machine is out of the warranty. So I am out of luck and would have to purchase a new one.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

Cuisinart DCC-1150 - We have had at least 5 of these machines. The early units lasted for a good while - 2 years or so. The later units last about 5 - 9 months only, and then begin to grow very weak in length of brewing cycle time. It will progressively take more and more "attempts" at getting all of the water to turn through on the cycle. As a engineer, my opinion is that the thermal protection device is very cheap and "wears" out after only limited home use. Very disappointing, as the basic unit we like. We had our latest one replaced under warranty, and the new unit worked for only 5 months! I called customer service and they were no help at all - wanted us to pay shipping again. I told the agent we were finished with them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

I bought this blender almost a year ago and two months after I purchased it, the blade broke and had to be replaced. This past week I was using the blender and smelled something smoldering and it was the blender. The wheel where the blade had broken off and was burning. I called the company and got no results. I looked the product up in recalls and didn't see the exact blender but another one from Cuisinart with the same problem on recall. I purchased this almost a year ago at Macy in Saugus, MA.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

Have owned the Cuisinart DD 1200 coffeepot for about 3 years. It had been on this morning for about 2 hours when I heard "clicking" from the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen, smelled burning electrical wires and saw smoke coming from the unit. The coffee in the pot was starting to boil. The unit had powered itself off (nothing on the digital display). Ran to carry the unit outside and allowed it to cool down. Called the 800 customer service number and they stated that this was "the first reported kind of trouble with this unit" and they would be willing to replace the unit if I mail back the power cord. When I explained that we have two homes and a Cuisinart unit in both, and that I was worried that a similar problem could occur with the other unit, the rep told me that since there's no known problem with the other unit, they would not do anything "until that unit experiences a problem". I explained that if I hadn't been in the area when the present unit malfunctioned, it could have resulted in a devastating fire, the rep still stood by the statement that until there's a problem, no action would be taken on the second coffeemaker.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

My husband bought me a Cuisinart coffee maker for my birthday. I was really happy but that didn't last. The coffee maker broke down within a few months. Tried to take it back with receipt and they said warranty was only good for thirty days. So we're just out 129.00 and we really just wanted it replaced.. now we're just without. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Cuisinart Coffee grinder Model CCM-16PC1 - My husband reports that yesterday, 12/01/2014, the coffee grinder started up on its own twice. There was coffee in the receptacle, and it was plugged in. He solved the problem by unplugging the machine. I've been concerned about strange encounters of the spirit world since this report. Generally we always have the machine plugged in, and it is fairly difficult to turn it on. The coffee catcher has to be snapped in very well.

Now we will keep this unplugged when not in use. I wonder, though, if the company is under some kind of spiritual attack. I'm somewhat relieved that there seems to be a history with this brand; although I feel very sad about families who have had damage to their homes. I still find it spooky, being a believer of the visible and invisible.

Cuisinart Company Information