2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

This coffee maker was a great idea but I am on my second one and the coffee is still not hot enough. I emailed them when first one was 158 degrees and they asked that I do a cleaning, which I did. No results so I was advised to return it or send it back ($10 each way). I returned it to store and second one does the same thing...165 degrees. I assume I can just return it to the store but what a waste of time. I now assume this is a general rather than a specific problem with this coffee maker.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

Two weeks ago I made morning coffee as per usual. Took a cup to dining room and 20 minutes later heard a noise from kitchen. I thought it was ice maker so I did not respond immediately. After a couple of minutes it got very loud. I ran into the kitchen to find my Cuisinart coffee maker boiling very hard with smoke pouring out around the pot. Removed pot to sink and unplugged maker [red indicator light was off]. Smoke was very acrid and reaching the ceiling. When I picked up the maker there was smoke pouring out the bottom as well. I took it outside and tossed it into the yard. It sits under a wood cabinet and I never worried about it being left on when I went out. SCARY! and disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

The alarming side is that should I have programmed the coffee maker to make coffee just prior to my waking up or if I had walked out the door with the unit plugged in after the brew and warm cycle had finished. I think that this would have been a very bad situation. I am disappointed to say the least. I certainly won't purchase this product again after reading the great number of people who have had the same experience.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

The machine turns off while brewing and the heating laminate is peeling. When I reported the problem they would not replace because it was past the warranty. They said they would not be held liable if it caught fire because they told me not to use.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I've had this Cuisinart coffee maker for about 4 years now and use it daily. Absolutely LOVE it! No other coffee maker I've ever encountered keeps the coffee nice and hot for 2 hours without making it taste like burnt grounds. This coffee maker is truly the best. However, lately, it turns off halfway through brewing. So far, I've been able to psyche it out by turning it back on one or two times during the brew process and that has worked. I am afraid a house brown out may have messed with the electrical component? Anyway, I'd like to call Cuisinart, but the unit is 4 years old. We have a bit of an older model at work and we use that baby 4 times a day for 5 years, and it's been working like a champ! The work Cuisinart has overflowed the coffee once or twice, but I think that is user error, overfilling the grounds and clogging it, and also we hadn't used the cleaning cycle in years. It happens when it's overfilled with grounds only.

I really love this coffee pot series, and even if it doesn't work perfectly after 4 years of use, it still makes awesome coffee, and I would buy another one. Still beats a cheap coffee maker any day. I've owned Black & Deckers, Gevalia, and many other cheaper models, as I am a coffee junkie.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I ordered parts for my very old, but very functional food processor. I have gone around and around with a Cuisinart authorized dealer, and Cuisinart direct and am getting NO satisfaction. This has been going on for 4 months. They sent the wrong parts THREE TIMES. Cuisinart has a 30 day return/exchange policy. My fault - I did not call sooner on the third try. However, THEY are the supposed experts in which parts I need (and yes I gave them model numbers and so on). Anyway, these are parts they stock and sell all the time. But because it's a "policy" they are not willing to work with me. BAD POLICY. So, Cuisinart - I am going to buy a new food processor, taking my $500-$700 to another company, Breville. I would have purchased another Cuisinart once my old one no longer worked. But too bad. When my Cuisinart coffee pot stops working - guess what?! I will NOT replace it with a Cuisinart. I will not purchase a Cuisinart product again. And I will make sure that my friends and family, know what poor customer service and silly policies Cuisinart purports.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

I have used this DCC-1200 Series Brew Central Coffee Maker by Cuisinart for about 2 years with no problem. Primarily used to brew 4 cups once per day. Last time I brewed my usual morning coffee, I didn't hear the beeps that the coffee was ready but instead heard a strange gurgling noise from the kitchen and found the coffee in the carafe boiling - a rolling boil. Unplugged the machine. Next day, plugged it back in and tried to brew a pot while I could watch it. Clock still works but the coffee maker - absolutely NOTHING. I am surprised and disappointed in this Cuisinart product. Time to go back to Consumer Reports site... then get a Mr. Coffee.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2014

I paid $120.00 for this piece of junk. It had a 3 year warranty and at 3 1/2 years the product just died. They will do nothing to help me and told me to take it to a small appliance person. I will never buy another Cuisinart product - EVER.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2014

I smelled a burning smell when I got up. I checked everything I could but I wasn't able to locate the cause. When I went down later for breakfast I smelled it worse and noticed the coffee maker was burning. When I unplugged it and picked it up to move it the entire bottom warming plate crumbled out and I could see the wires in there. This product should be recalled immediately. I just read about 10 reviews that said the same thing. Don't buy this product. It works great for a while but it is not worth dying for!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 10 Pc. Set from addvantageusa.com. I love this stuff. The heat spreads quickly and evenly. The handles are nice. Stainless does not mess up the taste of my meals. It is easy to clean. Seriously, I love these pots and pans!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

My Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffee maker is at my business. My wife gave it to me on my birthday, in 2011. It looks great, and makes great coffee. I only make 4 cups of coffee daily, M-F. This morning, instead of hearing the 5 beeps signaling that the brewing is finished, I heard a popping and cracking sound and smelled burning wires. I immediately unplugged the machine and removed the carafe, as the coffee was starting to boil. Apparently, the thermostat for the hot plate malfunctioned and the plate was in the initial stages of a China Syndrome. The coffee maker sits on a wooden shelf, which likely would have started burning if I had not unplugged the machine. I think it may be safer just to buy a really old Mr Coffee machine at the Goodwill store. At least maybe I could find one that wasn't made in CHINA!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2014

I purchased this brand new on ebay from a dealer February 23, 2014 and today, August 25, 2014 it just stopped working. I still have the stickers on it!!! This has only been used about once a month to grind a pound of coffee as I only drink a cup a day. I will not buy Cuisinart again! I don't fault the seller because they couldn't have known that a well-known brand like this would be defective. But I did pay $45.00 for it and I'm NOT happy.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2014

I was awakened at 3:30 am this morning to a strong electrical burning odor. It appeared centralized in the kitchen, but I was unable to locate exactly what was burning. I unplugged all appliances and aired the house out. It wasn't until morning when I plugged the Cuisinart Keurig (SS-300 Series) coffee maker back in, when I smelled that pungent electrical burning odor again, and it was coming from the machine. This is a single-cup unit without a timer, that has sat in the same place since I got it last month.

I called the 800# in the pamphlet, and they said I could send it to them and it might be replaced, but I'd have to pay for shipping. I declined because of the cost, wait time, inconvenience, and taking a chance on another dangerous faulty unit. I asked them to call my credit union (cashed in my points to purchase), and let them know that they sold a defective product and other customers need to be made aware, but he refused. This is very dangerous. There needs to be a recall on this product, and accountability from Cuisinart.

Original review: July 31, 2014

I LOVE Cuisinart as a Brand and HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!! Their Customer Service Department was very helpful and professional. I sent in my Food Processor that was almost past the 3-year warranty and THEY SENT ME A NEW MACHINE!!!! Cuisinart really stands behind their warranty!!! The motor is guaranteed for 20 years!!! I LOVE THIS COMPANY and will always be a loyal customer and cheerleader for their products. The parent company is CONAIR!!!! Yeah CONAIR!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cuisinart and CONAIR!!!!!

Original review: July 23, 2014

I have had my coffee maker about a year and all of a sudden it is taking way too long to start brewing and then it does not always empty the water reservoir. I brew 4 cups and do as instructions. I am really disappointed with it especially considering the cost.

Original review: July 14, 2014

Excerpt from my report submitted to US Consumer Product Safety Commission:

The brewing cycle on my Cuisinart CBC-00 Brew Central 12-cup coffee maker had almost finished this morning, when I smelled the acrid odor of burning plastic. The glass carafe was full of coffee, and smoke began coming out of the back of the unit from the hole where the cord exits, up from the water reservoir in the rear of the unit, and through the filter cup. I am not certain whether the burner beneath the carafe was also overheating, but I think the "melt-down" was instead occurring mainly in the water building chamber in the rear/bottom of the unit… this part was smoking.

I unplugged the unit immediately and moved it to a safer place (bottom was quite hot to the touch), preparing to throw it out into the yard or get an extinguisher if necessary. The smell of burning plastic and a light smoke permeated the kitchen and I had to open windows to get the smell out of the house. If I had not been in the room when this happened, I am quite certain that the unit would have continued to overheat, would have combusted underneath my kitchen cabinets, and caused a significant kitchen fire (my wife and young daughter were upstairs still sleeping).

I took the unit back to the Costco from which I purchased it to receive a refund, and I told them to flag it as a safety issue. I purchased this unit about 1.5 years ago at Costco, and I have seen reviews on Amazon.com (check the one-star ratings) on similar Cuisinart units that mentioned overheating and smoke issues. I hope that CPSC will investigate these incidents and force a recall by Cuisinart.

Original review: July 7, 2014

Purchased this unit and within three months it stopped working. Got a replace from where we purchased unit and it worked fine for about six months. Now when you set the programmer to start the coffee, that part works HOWEVER the unit turns itself OFF so the coffee doesn't stay hot. ALSO, sometimes it doesn't run all of the water thru the unit to make all of the coffee. You have to switch it over to the "on" cycle to get it to finish making and to keep the heating unit on. Definitely NOT impressed with this unit and definitely NOT worth the extra to pay for the Cuisinart (name doesn't always mean better).

Original review: July 3, 2014

Cuisinart Coffee Maker Model DCC-1100 - I purchased my coffee maker in Dec. 2013. Within 3 months my heating element went out. After calling and finding out they would replace it but only if I would pay shipping both ways, which was $11.00 each way, $22.00 total, I decided to go ahead and pay the shipping and get a new one. I received it approx. May 1st. My auto program didn't work from day one and now July 3rd woke up to water all over my counter. Again I called. I would need to pay shipping. I argued that this was a faulty replacement. I shouldn't have to pay shipping again - they would waive the 1st shipping but I would have to pay to ship mine back - what a crock! Do yourself a favor. Do Not purchase a Cuisinart coffee maker. Mine is going in the garbage!

Original review: June 20, 2014

Purchased the item in Jan. 2010. Returned in Dec. 2011 because the coffee maker was leaking most of water from the bottom of the unit. A new unit was shipped Jan.2012. Coffee maker started leaking again in March of this year. Contacted the customer service dept. and was promised a response, as of today none. Last date requesting a help was Jun 5, 2014. After researching online found this was a design flaw. I feel that they replaced my unit with the same design flaw.

Original review: June 17, 2014

Came downstairs to burning smell. Had made coffee already, but machine was now turned off, only plugged in. Glad I was home because smoke was pouring out of hole on the inside of lid. Wasn't new - eight years old. 12 Cup Programmable.

Original review: June 16, 2014

Cuisinart blows. Will never purchase another product from these people again, ie: coffee maker, food processor, or toaster. All that I have purchased have gone TU in less than a year. The company is of no help at all. Premium prices for MADE in CHINA garbage!!! Bought the same of the aforementioned from other companies and they are still going strong with no issues.

Original review: June 7, 2014

I love our carafe-free coffeemaker and it's great when it doesn't leak. It doesn't leak every time, but it's a mess and waste when it happens. Sometimes, there's a small puddle of water on the counter and other times, 8 cups of coffee leak out onto the counter and floor. Shopping today.

Original review: June 7, 2014

The very first time I used the Cuisinart Coffee Plus... I was attempting to flush cold water through the machine prior to first use, as directed in the instructions. The unit did not want to turn on. I unplugged it and pushed the on/off several times and, just when I was about to give up, the blue indicator light came on. I shrugged this off as a first-use glitch since it seemed to be working and left the room.

A few minutes later, I started smelling a strange smell, which became more acrid and I realized it wad something burning. I ran into the kitchen to find it filled with smoke! There was smoke pouring out of every part of the machine, on the coffee side, as well as the hot water side which wasn't turned on. I pulled out the plug. Then I took the carafe of its heating plate - there were sparks shooting out of the little metal disk in the plate! Sparks! The bottom of the carafe was browned, and it took several minutes for the machine to stop smoking. This all happened within a few minutes of walking of turning it on, barely time to fill one pot. Also, the heating plate temperature was only on medium; there was a higher temperature.

After the machine cooled, I also noticed the area around the plate was warped and melted. It was really scary and this product should not be on the market! Note, I am giving this 1 star because this form won't let me give zero. But since this was my very first use, and it failed utterly, I don't think it even deserves the one star. Also, the one star indicates that I'm angry, but really I'm just flabbergasted! And concerned that someone might get hurt with one of these!

Original review: June 7, 2014

Cuisinart DC-7900 - Pretty simple, was making coffee this morning and smoke started to come from the bottom section... not good. I was actually in the kitchen, so I was lucky enough to unplug it and take it outside. The entire bottom section looked like it was melting away. WOW... if I was at work and the timer went off and my wife and son were in the house and not awake yet, could of been a different situation. Of course fire alarm would sound, but I am guessing a small fire grows quickly. So, no more Cuisinart for me!!

Original review: June 6, 2014

We have had our coffee maker a little over a year. We bought it from Lowes. For the last 3 months at random times, the grinder comes on and off. Once while I was making coffee without the grinder, the grinder came on mid cycle and would not shut off. My husband was able to get it off that time. The next morning it came on again by itself. I unplugged it. This is the freakiest thing I have encountered in a household product. From the reviews, I am not alone. These makers are too expensive to be so bad. I had a west bend percolator for 20 years. That was a coffee pot!

Original review: May 31, 2014

I finally found a way to get my Cuisinart coffeemaker (10 cup) to stop overflowing all over the counter. I now stick a knife under the pot at the front while the brewing takes place. The knife blade is just thick enough to force the little gizmo inside the plastic basket-holder up a bit so that the water flows more freely into the pot. No more overflowing. Looks a little weird, but what the heck.

Original review: May 24, 2014

Up until last night we never had any problems with our Cuisinart DCC-1100. Our coffeemaker had been off for two hours. The auto brew function was not set. My wife was already asleep, I was heading off to bed when I smelled burning plastic. As I entered the kitchen, I could hear "boiling" water and observed smoke coming from the coffeemaker. It was the four cups of coffee unused boiling in the pot. I quickly unplugged the unit and took it outside.

Key Points:
    1. My wife was asleep.
    2. The coffee maker was "off".

3. Auto Brew Function was "off".

Original review: May 16, 2014

I purchased this Cuisinart Grind and Brew because I had owned the previous model and really enjoyed the coffee it made. Unfortunately after returning the third Grind and Brew machine, I decided that after three strikes it was time for a different brand of coffee maker. This machine made great coffee and has the ability to hold several days' worth of beans in the hopper. I also like the design, not too institutional. The problem was that the grinder on all three machines stopped working after several months. I read the instruction booklet and followed all the directions to clean the bean shoot regularly, doing it every two days with the last machine and still the grinder stopped functioning. With a redesign of the grinder, this machine could make a comeback, if they don't wait too long!

Original review: May 16, 2014

We purchased this Cuisinart Coffee maker FIVE months ago from Younkers. I usually have it programmed to brew coffee a half hour before we wake up. However, thank The Lord I forgot to do it last night because a few minutes after I turned it on to brew, I heard a pop and crackling in the kitchen. I walked in to find the coffee maker smoking and crackling AND the SMELL, was just awful!!! I immediately unplugged it and ran it outside where it continued to smoke for several minutes. We have a two story home with all the bedrooms upstairs. I have two small children and this coffee maker should NOT be on the market anymore!!!! PLEASE recall it. I can't imagine how this would have turned out if I had set the timer like I always do, and was sleeping during this horrific event.

Original review: May 5, 2014

I purchased a Cuisinart DGB-650 top grinding coffee maker and it worked well for about a year. It then started refusing to turn on at times. The other functions seemed to work OK when I could get the machine to turn on. So we purchased a Cuisinart DGB-700BC, the Burr Grind Coffee maker and put the other machine away to use as a back up unit. I take very good care of my makers, cleaning them at least as often as recommended, calcifying them as directed, etc. After less than 6 months, my very expensive Burr Grind unit began to occasionally fail to pump the water out of the maker into the coffee pot, then at about 6 months after purchase, refused to pump water out at all.

It would grind coffee beans with no problem, but would not pump the water. As both makers were still under warranty, I called the manufacturer. It turns out that they require you to pay an up front $10.00 fee for each unit and you are responsible for mailing the unit back to them for replacement/ repair, which is a little over $30.00 for each coffee maker. The reason you are required to return the unit is so that "their quality control people can diagnose the problem and try to fix it". I don't feel it is my responsibility to pay the manufacturer to figure out what they are doing wrong. These units have a 3 year warranty and I should not have to spend $40.00 per maker to have them honor the warranty.

Cuisinart Company Information