Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: June 4, 2016

I got married last Nov. of 2014 and my best friend gave me Cuisinart - an 11 pc stainless cookware as gift. The set includes the basic pots and pans that one can use in a kitchen. My husband and I being the foodie that we are, used the cookware right away to prepare our meals. The pot and pans are aesthetically pleasing plus they are really durable and heavy duty. They are also easy to clean. My favorite among the set is the small sauce pan and the steam basket/ pan that goes with it. I love to buy frozen dimsum like siomai, dumplings, rolls and they are usually cooked by steaming. I usually use our big steamer in order to cook dimsum, but since having this Cuisinart pots, I didn't bother with the big steamer anymore. I've been using the cookware for almost 2 years now and they are still doing and cooking great.

Original review: June 2, 2016

Was told that my coffee maker could be replaced by one representative and needed to pay a shipping fee of $10 to send back old coffee machine. I would call back tomorrow to make payment and she said that would be fine just to call this number. When I called that number the next day it was the wrong number so I had to relook it up to call the company back and spoke with a different representative who told me that they could not replace my coffee maker. Basically I am out of a coffee maker now due to their poor manufacturing. This coffeemaker sprung a hole which cause the water to leak from the pot.

Original review: May 30, 2016

I purchased this for my husband Dec 2015. By the end of Feb 2016 it did not work. When calls were made to customer service I was on hold so long I would have to hang up. I finally talked with someone late March. I was promised a new pot would be sent. It is now May 30th. No replacement, no contact.

Original review: May 25, 2016

Purchased this coffeemaker, was happy with it until the blinking clean light never came on and coffeemaker would not turn on. After cleaning it would work, but the product brochure states cleaning light would turn on when cleaning was needed. The coffeemaker went out as soon as warranty went out. All I got from the Cuisinart company was "I am sorry but you have to replace product." For the price you pay for this product it should last longer than warranty. I think I would rather buy a cheaper coffeemaker and replace when needed. With the Cuisinart you also have to replace carbon filters so it was an expense all the way around. Would not purchase this product again. Take my chances on a cheaper one.

Original review: May 18, 2016

I had my Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler for under 2 years and all of a sudden the temp start to go up extremely high so I contact them for a replacement. They told me I need to pay for shipping back and for the new one as well its a total of min $35. So I told him its not that the handle or parts are broken, the whole machine is getting hot and it almost burnt my house. He answered, "Did it burnt, if not you have to pay the shipping."

Resolution response: June 3, 2016

I have to update my review from May 7 2016. I went to Sears to exchange my coffee pot that caught on fire and went to the store in Raleigh NC at Triangle Town Center. The manager (Sam) I not sure of his name - Sam really wanted to make me happy. Told me to get the coffee pot and he would exchange it. They did not have one and it was on back order. The manager went the extra mile and did what I did not want to do. Sam called Cuisinart and stayed on hold for an hour while I shopped the mall. I check back a couple of times and finally he gave me a reference number and stated someone from Cuisinart would contact me within 2 days.

I give Sears and Sam great credit on customer service. Cuisinart contacted me within 24 hrs and they sent a new coffee pot and I am happy with their prompt service. I could not get the coffee pot that I originally bought (was on 3 month back order). Cuisinart sent me the next best mode. Overall this was a good experience for dealing with Sears and dealing with Cuisinart. I do believe that the coffee pot catching fire prompted a quick reply once they learned from my experience from Sears.

Original review: May 7, 2016

DGB-700 Fully Automatic Burr Grind and Brew - Bought online from Sears 2/19/16. Love the unit but the heating plate caught on fire on the morning of 5/7/16. Lucky for me I heard the strange popping sound and was able to save my kitchen. After trying online with Cuisinart for a couple of hours, I contacted Sears and they told me to bring my online receipt to a Sears store and they will exchange it. I think it is best to buy from large store that wants to keep their customers happy.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I have had nothing but trouble with getting my second coffee pot warrantied. We had our very first (this one is our 3rd I think) Cuisinart coffee pot for about 8 years so when it failed we didn't think too much of it. We loved the coffee pot so we replaced it with the same model but unfortunately that coffee pot didn't last a year. Cuisinart was very good about that warranty transaction - they even sent me a call tag for the return of the coffee pot. They did however let me know that our model was no longer available and they would be sending us a comparable unit. The unit they sent us was definitely different but it still brewed a good cup coffee so we didn't make any fuss over it. However that coffee pot only lasted about 6 months before the hinges for the lid broke.

So I contacted customer service at Cuisinart again - I spoke with a gentleman named Ray. His first question was "What did you do to it?" I was a bit taken aback by the implication that somehow we broke the hinges but I proceeded with the conversation. Ray told me to ship it back to Cuisinart and they would reimburse me for the freight, it was never communicated to me that $10 is what they reimburse. (I have an email from Ray just telling me to ship it back, there was no cap to the charges. Noted.)

So I went to the local postal store and had it shipped. I didn't request any special shipping like 2nd day or anything, we have a back up coffee pot so we weren't in any hurry. I was charged $33.00 to ship a rather large coffee box (we saved it to store our back coffee pot up in) to Arizona from California. I didn't think the cost was out of line - but I don't really know because I never ship anything. I shipped it as requested going out March 28th and according to the tracking number it was received Monday April 4th. That is a total of 4-5 working days to go from California to Arizona which indicates to me that I didn't ship it with any type of priority status.

The bottom line for me is that it's not about the money because $22 is not a lot of money, it is about the customer service I received. I feel that because it was a "second" warranty that we must be doing something to break their coffee pots. When in reality we have been very accommodating by going out of the way to wrap and ship the package, settling for a "lesser" warranty replacement, and so on.

Original review: April 18, 2016

We purchased this coffee maker around Christmas 2015 and it replaced a model we had been using for at least 12 years. The Grind feature I set for 6:15 am so that will wake us up and we can get breakfast in time to get out to work. The old model worked fine but it was a little slow brewing, that's why the change. After 3 months, I was getting coffee ground on top of the brew basket as well as in and that didn't seem right. But I cleaned the parts every night with soap and water and then dry them and put them back. I notified CS and they were ok on the 3-year warranty. I told them the grind basket seem to go down a little harder when I first got it, so they sent me a free lid. Next morning there was even more grounds on top the brewing lid.

They tried to get me to pay $10 for shipping and handling of the lid but I told them, "No, this is a problem on a 4-month-old unit" and they should cover it. So they did but when I emailed them back and told them it was worse, they told me they would replace it at no charge but I had to pay for the return of the defective one. Thought it would be less than $20 but came to $35.28 to ship from Florida to Arizona. SO THEIR $10 SHIPPING WAS A LIE. Checking this morning, I am getting a little bit of oversplash of coffee on the brew basket lid and the top of the coffee pot lid.

We bought Cuisinart because we had excellent service with the other one. Now they are owned by CONAIR and maybe this company doesn't care about Cuisinart customers satisfaction. Happens when a company builds a good reputation in quality at a fair price and develops the NAME well-known then sells to a competitor only to find out the quality is not there anymore. I get so disgusted at modern thought to buy out a smaller company that has a big reputation and take them for a tax write off. When if they gave it some thought, they would realize they had a gold mine to use for more profit. I have been in business for 48 years and have always given excellent service to my customers and they have always referred new customers to me. That's SMART business. You don't tell your customer they have to pay for something that is a defect of theirs.

Original review: April 8, 2016

My experience has been like so many others. I know now that the problem with the toasters has been going on for a very long time. I have read posts over a year old of people who are having the exact same problem with the toasters that I have been having! You have to unplug the toaster when not using it because it squeals/hums the whole time it's plugged in. It burns sections of the toast or doesn't brown at all on one side. And the return label was removed (gone) from the packing receipt when I received the box. They expect me to pay for the return of THEIR defective toaster! Their (Cuisinart/Conair) so called customer service is a total joke. Worst company I've ever dealt with. I will never buy another Cuisinart product again! Actually, this toaster was the first Cuisinart product I'd ever bought. Something really needs to be done about this company!

Original review: March 10, 2016

After many days via email with customer service regarding a warranty on a 2 quart sauce pot (warranty is for the lifetime of the original owner, I am the original owner, the handle side of the pot has cracked on both sides of where the handle is spot welded to the pot, the pot is 28 years old and is my favorite pot. It has not been abuses ever, it is stainless steel), customer service tells me the pot is too old for the warranty. That is the lifetime warranty. I will have the pot repaired at a local weld shop if possible because I love the pot. I always thought a lifetime warranty meant lifetime.

Original review: March 8, 2016

This machine has a faulty lid design that does not build enough pressure to seal. Food gets burned on the bottom waiting for the pressure to lock. Numerous attempts to get help have them cite a warranty where the consumer has to pay shipping to return the unit and pay shipping to ship its replacement. This constructively makes their warranty invalid by asking the consumer to pay more money just to get what they already paid for. It's bad, dishonest business practice and they should be called out on this and required to change their warranty language. Basically, they are ripping off consumers by selling defective units, taking people's money and then not replacing defective ones. This should be a class action lawsuit against Cuisinart and Conair.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Series - It is a Brew Central Coffee maker that comes with a heater plate control. The coffeemaker does not keep the coffee hot even though I have adjusted this control to its highest setting. Disappointed in coffee maker and poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

My 11 cup food processor had a worn out plastic part at the spindle, so I sent it in to the AZ address for repair. Cuisinart received it on November 5, 2015. I made at least seven calls to the company since then, listening to their long and repetitive pre-recorded message each time, and each time was told something completely different than the last. Finally they told me I had to pay for the repair, which I did in December 2015 and was told I would get it in approx. 10 working days. It is now late January 2016 and no machine. I called again Jan 27, was on hold for 15 minutes, and got no solution or reason. Today I was told I need to pay again, that they changed their system and couldn't find my payment. Fixing this machine seems like a part time job. My time would have been better spent throwing it in the garbage. What a crappy and irritating experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

Cuisinart coffee maker stopped working. Initially worked fine, and then stopped working at all. No heat and no water drip. I cleaned it, opened the bottom (4 screws) to make sure wiring was connected. Nothing worked. Called Cuisinart, the rep said warranty is voided because I unscrewed the bottom. I said, "no one unscrews the bottom unless the machine is broken. That should be acceptable." But no. Another company doing a consumer "got ya", and not standing behind their product design and functionality. The Internet seems rife with similar complaints about this coffee maker company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

Purchased a 12 cup electric Cuisinart percolator and I love the way it makes Hot flavorful coffee quickly. The handle is ergonomically designed so one can pour the brew with little effort. The heating element is well made. Those who complain that the hearing element goes out prematurely need to learn that is not a good idea to soak the appliance in water! Yes, that will shorten its lifetime. It is also dangerous.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I received a Cuisinart automatic brew & grind as a gift less than a year ago. It worked great until this morning and seems the heating elements went out. I called customer care service, and was told I'm ** out of luck with no receipt. I asked if they even send coupons or a percentage off a new one? They don't do anything to keep a customer. So we are now customers of a new Keurig coffee maker. Apparently with all the bad reviews this company refuses to make changes. They lost another, could be a lifetime customer with the word of mouth, now letting everyone know their products do not last, and the company makes no effort to correct the problems nor do they care. SOL in Florida this morning with no coffee!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

So like many times before I took out one of my frozen meals, got out one of my new pots put in the stove and put water on it. I set the heat on simmer and put my frozen meal in it as well like I have done so many times before. Well I got distracted with talking to my mother on the phone and forgot about it and guess what happened! It melted my bowl on to the pot, I was thinking to myself I have got to fix this or my husband is going to be super mad as the cookware was a Xmas gift. I quickly put the pot in cold water and waited for it to cool down and the best thing ever happen! The plastic came right off with the pot still intact, no damage whatsoever, all I did was use soap and warm water and it came off like magic. No chipping away at it, no scrubbing, just the soft side of the sponge and warm water. Best cookware ever. I even took pictures to prove it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

I'll have no problem being either accurate or fair. I paid a huge sum for this top of the line square fry pan as a Christmas gift to my daughter. By chance, it was me that got the first use honors this morning to cook pancakes. The pan went into a SEVERE warp just in the pre-heating and I spent the next 1/2 hour cursing Cuisinart. What happened was what a reasonable person might expect from a pan from a low cost bargain non-brand. I made sure that I hadn't been responsible by overheating... Not I... Junk pan. Fortunately, I bought it from Kohl's and will have no problem recovering my money, but that isn't the point, that Cuisinart would put out such crap. I'm sure glad I didn't invest in a full set. I would say buying this brand is no assurance of quality. They surged on the market with their pioneering with food processors and now apparently feel they can stick their name on anything and hope for the best.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart 12 cup automatic grind and brew coffeemaker. I purchased it last year before 7 guests arrived for holidays. (I do not drink coffee, but needed one for company.) I used the coffeemaker maybe 7 times last year. Put it in attic and pulled it out yesterday as guests were arriving for holidays again. Simply put, the grinder does not grind coffee beans finely - there are chunks left that do not pass through the screen. If this was a machine I used on a daily basis, I could understand after a year that possibly the blades were not sharp or something else was malfunctioning. This is NOT THE CASE... It is basically a brand new coffeemaker, although it was purchased last year. I called customer service and short of me buying a new grinder, there is no resolve on the part of Cuisinart. I tell my story so that you purchase from another manufacturer as there is no customer service. Piece of junk... Be forewarned.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

After receiving the Cuisinart espresso machine last year for Christmas, my boyfriend and I had 8 months to become addicted before it stopped working altogether (no power, nothing). We sent it in for repair, (which I paid for out of pocket, $30) no one ever called us to give us an update on whether they had received it or what the problem was with it. I called after 3 weeks and they said it had just been checked in for repair... a week later we receive a brand new espresso machine in the mail. This one also did not work though it did turn on, it squirted hot water everywhere. We called back and insisted on them sending someone to pick it up as I was never reimbursed for the shipping the previous time although I was assured I would be.

The customer service representative told us to leave it on our porch or at the end of our driveway and a UPS truck would come to pick it up. This sounded very bizarre to us. We live on a mountain road with no foot traffic but still felt weary of leaving a $200 espresso machine on the street. The next day it was gone, we had assumed it was picked up, however they never sent a UPS truck and in fact it was stolen. Cuisinart refuses to replace it or reimburse us in anyway. I have previously bought many of their products and have always felt like they were an excellent company, however I was astonished at how poorly we were treated and at the poor quality of the machine we purchased. My family has been buying Cuisinart for decades and it saddens me that this company has fallen so far in its standards.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

Received the coffee grinder last Christmas and using it a few days ago flames burst out of the motor. I called Cuisinart Customer Service and the customer jerk me around care specialist told me they would warrant it as it was made in 2013. I ask when in 2013 and they wouldn't tell me when it was made. My son bought it at Macy's in 2014 and they ask me for a receipt which I didn't have as I don't keep every receipt. Her Supervisor Sami told me to basically pound sand and if I didn't like Cuisinart take my business elsewhere. Sami you are a ** and no more Cuisinart. My last coffee brewer caught on fire and burned my cabinet. They sent a new one after 3 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

My first Cuisinart was a basic model and worked very well. I decided to upgrade for more options with blades and have been extremely dissatisfied with the quality of processing food. The blades come with two fairly good sized finger holes for handling. These holes cause chunks of food to fall into the bowl and not chop. When finished I have to dig out the chunks. In desperation to make the unit chop decently I put duct tape pieces over the holes on both sides of blade. Put some apples and cranberries thru and it still left chunks on top of the blade and threw them to the outer edges and got stuck between the edge of the blade and bowl. That's it. I am done with Cuisinart. Very expensive product and very poor quality.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

Cuisinart products are TERRIBLE!! I set my coffee pot to brew in the morning and I woke up to water all over my countertop and hardwood flooring! Needless to say, I will have to replace the countertop and my hardwoods due to this crap of a product!!! I will be buying a Keurig in the future! Thanks so much Cuisinart for destroying my hardwoods that they no longer make anymore! You will be getting several phone calls from me. Thanks. A very dissatisfied customer!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I have a Cuisinart Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Coffeemaker, DGB-700 Series and have owned it for 13 months. On Nov 13, 2015 I started a pot of coffee. During the brewing process, I heard it making a noise that I had never heard before. I walked into the kitchen to find smoke coming from the unit and the heating plate glowing a bright red, like you would see on an electric stove. I unplugged it and took it outside as it was filling the kitchen with smoke and the strong smell of it burning.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

Purchased this coffee maker less than 1 year ago and it is the worst coffee maker I have owned. The lid pops up during the brew cycle which stops the product, and the program feature stopped working. Contacted Cuisinart customer service and they informed me that I would need to return the product to AZ at my expense with a check for $10.00. This is their 3 yr warranty. Terrible!! Did not return the product and will never buy another Cuisinart product.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

The Cuisinart Espresso Maker I got as a gift does not work at all anymore. I used it after many months of it being stored in my home as we were remodeling kitchen. It was in box and kept safe. When I started to use it was fine but after a year it started making grinding sounds and nothing would come out. I heard it building up pressure and getting very hot so I turned it off. Couldnt get it to work since.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

I received this beautiful Cuisinart Brew System for Christmas. Just shy of 1 year, the pump began to make this grinding, terrible sound. Brewing became slow until it finally stopped. I was unable to return it as I no longer had access to my receipt. Silly girl, I buy another. Now these are $300, or close, machines from Amazon, so they were probably more expensive in the store. How angry I was, that the same thing happened. After several months, same sound, same difficulty brewing, then finally it stopped working. I have learned now to check sites like this BEFORE I buy anything because after that, I decided the old fashioned percolator would be the way to go. I have a complaint for that one too, on this site. Who protects the consumer out there for this shoddy workmanship and theft of our money?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

I purchased a Cuisinart Single Serving Coffee Maker SKU 666788 from Crate and Barrel on 8/21/14. I have cleaned it according to instructions but it is malfunctioning. It will not make a full cup of coffee and often dispenses cold coffee. I paid $200.00 for it and expected it to last longer than 2 years. I have had to jump through hoops to get Cuisinart to respond. When they did they said that I had to pay the shipping cost to return the old one, and IF they decided to replace it, I would have to pay shipping for a new one. Two hundred dollars - that's $100 per year. I will never buy another Cuisinart product.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

Several years ago we purchased a Cuisinart 12 cup programmable coffee maker DCC 1200. It seemed to be a good coffee maker until it suddenly quit working mid brew several days ago. We have only had the pot 4-5 years at the most. We paid approximately $70 for the pot and I would expect it to last a lot longer than 4-5 years. Of course the pot is no longer under warranty so there is nothing we can do except purchase another pot. However, it will not be a Cuisinart product!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I registered my coffeemaker under the 3 year warranty. The coffeemaker would overflow during brewing. I bought the replacement filters for the water, then was told by the customer service rep it was the carafe lid, they would send me a replacement for that, after my 3rd phone call. I asked for a supervisor to call me because after paying $100.00 I really did not want a lid! I wanted a reliable coffeemaker. My husband & I purchased a Mr. Coffee. I am completely dissatisfied with Cuisinart, their Thermal coffeemaker and warranty. Cuisinart don't make a machine that doesn't work and if you're going to cheat people, don't answer the phones!

Cuisinart Company Information