2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart 12 cup automatic grind and brew coffeemaker. I purchased it last year before 7 guests arrived for holidays. (I do not drink coffee, but needed one for company.) I used the coffeemaker maybe 7 times last year. Put it in attic and pulled it out yesterday as guests were arriving for holidays again. Simply put, the grinder does not grind coffee beans finely - there are chunks left that do not pass through the screen. If this was a machine I used on a daily basis, I could understand after a year that possibly the blades were not sharp or something else was malfunctioning. This is NOT THE CASE... It is basically a brand new coffeemaker, although it was purchased last year. I called customer service and short of me buying a new grinder, there is no resolve on the part of Cuisinart. I tell my story so that you purchase from another manufacturer as there is no customer service. Piece of junk... Be forewarned.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

After receiving the Cuisinart espresso machine last year for Christmas, my boyfriend and I had 8 months to become addicted before it stopped working altogether (no power, nothing). We sent it in for repair, (which I paid for out of pocket, $30) no one ever called us to give us an update on whether they had received it or what the problem was with it. I called after 3 weeks and they said it had just been checked in for repair... a week later we receive a brand new espresso machine in the mail. This one also did not work though it did turn on, it squirted hot water everywhere. We called back and insisted on them sending someone to pick it up as I was never reimbursed for the shipping the previous time although I was assured I would be.

The customer service representative told us to leave it on our porch or at the end of our driveway and a UPS truck would come to pick it up. This sounded very bizarre to us. We live on a mountain road with no foot traffic but still felt weary of leaving a $200 espresso machine on the street. The next day it was gone, we had assumed it was picked up, however they never sent a UPS truck and in fact it was stolen. Cuisinart refuses to replace it or reimburse us in anyway. I have previously bought many of their products and have always felt like they were an excellent company, however I was astonished at how poorly we were treated and at the poor quality of the machine we purchased. My family has been buying Cuisinart for decades and it saddens me that this company has fallen so far in its standards.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

Received the coffee grinder last Christmas and using it a few days ago flames burst out of the motor. I called Cuisinart Customer Service and the customer jerk me around care specialist told me they would warrant it as it was made in 2013. I ask when in 2013 and they wouldn't tell me when it was made. My son bought it at Macy's in 2014 and they ask me for a receipt which I didn't have as I don't keep every receipt. Her Supervisor Sami told me to basically pound sand and if I didn't like Cuisinart take my business elsewhere. Sami you are a ** and no more Cuisinart. My last coffee brewer caught on fire and burned my cabinet. They sent a new one after 3 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

My first Cuisinart was a basic model and worked very well. I decided to upgrade for more options with blades and have been extremely dissatisfied with the quality of processing food. The blades come with two fairly good sized finger holes for handling. These holes cause chunks of food to fall into the bowl and not chop. When finished I have to dig out the chunks. In desperation to make the unit chop decently I put duct tape pieces over the holes on both sides of blade. Put some apples and cranberries thru and it still left chunks on top of the blade and threw them to the outer edges and got stuck between the edge of the blade and bowl. That's it. I am done with Cuisinart. Very expensive product and very poor quality.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

Cuisinart products are TERRIBLE!! I set my coffee pot to brew in the morning and I woke up to water all over my countertop and hardwood flooring! Needless to say, I will have to replace the countertop and my hardwoods due to this crap of a product!!! I will be buying a Keurig in the future! Thanks so much Cuisinart for destroying my hardwoods that they no longer make anymore! You will be getting several phone calls from me. Thanks. A very dissatisfied customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I have a Cuisinart Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Coffeemaker, DGB-700 Series and have owned it for 13 months. On Nov 13, 2015 I started a pot of coffee. During the brewing process, I heard it making a noise that I had never heard before. I walked into the kitchen to find smoke coming from the unit and the heating plate glowing a bright red, like you would see on an electric stove. I unplugged it and took it outside as it was filling the kitchen with smoke and the strong smell of it burning.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

Purchased this coffee maker less than 1 year ago and it is the worst coffee maker I have owned. The lid pops up during the brew cycle which stops the product, and the program feature stopped working. Contacted Cuisinart customer service and they informed me that I would need to return the product to AZ at my expense with a check for $10.00. This is their 3 yr warranty. Terrible!! Did not return the product and will never buy another Cuisinart product.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

The Cuisinart Espresso Maker I got as a gift does not work at all anymore. I used it after many months of it being stored in my home as we were remodeling kitchen. It was in box and kept safe. When I started to use it was fine but after a year it started making grinding sounds and nothing would come out. I heard it building up pressure and getting very hot so I turned it off. Couldnt get it to work since.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

I received this beautiful Cuisinart Brew System for Christmas. Just shy of 1 year, the pump began to make this grinding, terrible sound. Brewing became slow until it finally stopped. I was unable to return it as I no longer had access to my receipt. Silly girl, I buy another. Now these are $300, or close, machines from Amazon, so they were probably more expensive in the store. How angry I was, that the same thing happened. After several months, same sound, same difficulty brewing, then finally it stopped working. I have learned now to check sites like this BEFORE I buy anything because after that, I decided the old fashioned percolator would be the way to go. I have a complaint for that one too, on this site. Who protects the consumer out there for this shoddy workmanship and theft of our money?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

I purchased a Cuisinart Single Serving Coffee Maker SKU 666788 from Crate and Barrel on 8/21/14. I have cleaned it according to instructions but it is malfunctioning. It will not make a full cup of coffee and often dispenses cold coffee. I paid $200.00 for it and expected it to last longer than 2 years. I have had to jump through hoops to get Cuisinart to respond. When they did they said that I had to pay the shipping cost to return the old one, and IF they decided to replace it, I would have to pay shipping for a new one. Two hundred dollars - that's $100 per year. I will never buy another Cuisinart product.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

Several years ago we purchased a Cuisinart 12 cup programmable coffee maker DCC 1200. It seemed to be a good coffee maker until it suddenly quit working mid brew several days ago. We have only had the pot 4-5 years at the most. We paid approximately $70 for the pot and I would expect it to last a lot longer than 4-5 years. Of course the pot is no longer under warranty so there is nothing we can do except purchase another pot. However, it will not be a Cuisinart product!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I registered my coffeemaker under the 3 year warranty. The coffeemaker would overflow during brewing. I bought the replacement filters for the water, then was told by the customer service rep it was the carafe lid, they would send me a replacement for that, after my 3rd phone call. I asked for a supervisor to call me because after paying $100.00 I really did not want a lid! I wanted a reliable coffeemaker. My husband & I purchased a Mr. Coffee. I am completely dissatisfied with Cuisinart, their Thermal coffeemaker and warranty. Cuisinart don't make a machine that doesn't work and if you're going to cheat people, don't answer the phones!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I owned a Cuisinart coffee pot with the hot water dispenser for years and was very satisfied. Regretfully, I broke my carafe and since I didn't use the hot water dispenser, I thought I would purchase a coffee pot and got the DCC-1200. I have only had it for a few weeks and am hearing this popping/clicking sound. Not consistently, every 15 minutes or so, 3 or four pops and then it stops. I thought I would look up reviews and was very alarmed to read the number of DCC-1200 pots that have started smoking and/or gone on fire. I have not contacted Cuisinart yet, I am wondering if others have had this problem recently and if it is true cause for concern.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I purchased a coffee maker Cuisinart dcc1400c cost approx. $139. I consider it an expensive price for a disposable one since I had previous some other cheapest brands which has last a lot more, this is leaking from the bottom, besides coffee is just warm. This is the first and last time I consider shopping any product of Cuisinart. It's been about five years. I'm using it once a day only for a couple of cups. I call them to find out about repairing and they recommend me a recycling center.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I contacted Cuisinart customer service a week ago. Since, I have made three more attempts to contact them. They have made one attempt to follow up and I have not heard from them since. I purchased a popcorn machine in June of 2015 as a gift for my husband for Father's Day. The machine has been returned once to Macy's because the lever lock broke. The second week of August the lever lock broke again. I contacted CS of the problem via phone and email regarding the defect. The customer service phone rep told me but she would have a supervisor call me back. I've still not heard back from them; that was over a week ago. My email was acknowledge, but no further communications have been made by Cusinart to contact me.

I emailed them this morning and explained I would be taking the entire unit back to Macy's for a full refund. I have purchased many products from Cuisinart, but never contacted them for warranty purposes. However, CS is most important to me. If you won't even follow up or service a product less than 3 months old, I really don't want to do business with you. Don't purchase the CPM-700 easy pop. It has a plastic lever that is not proper grade and will just break off, rendering the machine useless.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

I loved my Cuisinart Grind Central Stainless Coffee Grinder for 7 months. For a gift, maybe I loved it too much. I hand-washed the removable bowl at least twice a week, and ground coffee most days. In the last week, it sounded like the motor was straining. Finally, when washing the removable bowl, I found the culprit -- a cheap plastic gasket in sealing the bottom of the bowl, had mostly worn through, and was shredding.

I called the customer service line, described the problem, and after confirming that I had registered the device, was notified that the unit was not under warranty. The representative said the warranty period is 18 months after it is manufactured. Apparently this unit was made in 2013 and gifted with Williams-Sonoma gift wrap in December 2014. As this was a gift, I am supposed to provide proof of purchase in the form of a receipt to maintain a warranty. I could mail the unit in its original box, but that's not proof.

I asked to speak with the supervisor. To my surprise, there are no supervisors available in the evening! The representative asked if I could receive a call back in 24 hours. I was frustrated, and asked when the 24 hours would start. After I agreed, I gave my name. Then the representative asked for my address. Why would I give my address when I want a phone call? I refused. Apparently, the reps can only send information via web-form to supervisors. No pencils or papers are available. What a joke.

I will make it a point to never encourage anyone to purchase any Cuisinart products. At this point, poor material selections and bad customer service practices make me thinking about submitting this to my state's Attorney General for review. This is absolutely deceptive practices with careful, noncommittal and undefined language in a warranty statement. Honestly, what does this small kitchen electronics manufacturer think their target market is? GIFTS. Onerous requirements for gift recipients. -- Baffled.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I purchased my Cuisinart coffee pot a few years ago. I really liked how it has the grinder and the programming function. My primary complaint was that I had to clean it out every other day to ensure that it wouldn't get clogged. From that standpoint, it's a relatively high maintenance unit. But while I was relatively happy with the coffeepot, my satisfaction grew to deep dissatisfaction this morning when I was sitting at breakfast and it started smoking. At first I thought something was on the burner plate. The unit had just switched off a few minutes beforehand. Then, I noticed that smoke was coming out of the cord that connects to the back of the coffeepot. I immediately unplugged it and thanked my lucky stars that I was home when it started to smolder. This definitely could have lead to a house fire. The smell of burning plastic was awful.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

Cuisinart Single Serve Brewing System - This machine works great until about 1-2 months after purchase when two needles (one entry and one exit) on the machine become clogged. I found out about one of them by reading the troubleshooting section, but the other needle I had to find out by continuing writing e-mails until finally, I got a response that unclogged the machine. This remedy isn't in the instruction booklet however, so it's a matter of getting the right person after many e-mails. I find I have to use a paperclip to unclogged these two needles about every month which can be done, but is not something I should have to do. It appears the machine is poorly designed which is unexpected for a product from such a higher end brand.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I have the extreme brew coffee machine. It works fine other than the fact that the reservoir is in the rear of the machine and the lid keeps coming unhinged. That won't last forever! It will someday (soon) break totally! Then what? After using the machine for a bit, we bought a second one because it worked well and the price was right. NOW, we have two machines that only continue to annoy!

Original review: July 28, 2015

Have purchased 2 identical machines [Shame on me] and both, after a period of 1 yr, have started leaking the hot water all over the counter. How can they continue to sell this machine with a defect is beyond me.

Original review: July 16, 2015

In 2011 we purchased a Coffee PLUS 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker & Hot Water System. The programming functions never worked properly and within 2 years the coffeemaker began leaking on the counter, small amounts at first. I thought it was just overflow but then in increasing amounts until I realized that it had become a constant leak, and the metal parts on the bottom of the unit were rusted and leaving a stain on my countertop. There's a 3 year warranty, so I paid the $10 replacement fee to Cuisinart and paid the shipping cost to return the unit in October, 2013.

Now, the new replacement coffeemaker, less than 2 years old, has begun leaking on my counter again under the hot water system. I've used the hot water system on a daily basis, and the coffee pot once or twice a week. The warranty policy extends for 3 years from the original date of PURCHASE, so my less-than-2-year-old coffeemaker is no longer covered by the warranty, and the only thing the warranty customer service rep can offer is 20% off on the purchase of a new unit (advertised now at $99).

After reading many other reviews of Cuisinart Coffeemakers, it would seem that the leaking is common and Cuisinart has a serious quality control problem. Although I really like having the dual function with the coffee pot on one side, and self-dispensing hot water on the other, I can't justify buying another Cuisinart product if they won't replace defective replacement units.

My replacement coffeemaker still looks like new and has had normal use and good care. I shouldn't have to buy a new coffeemaker because Cuisinart sent me a defective replacement that lasted less than two years, just long enough to be outside the original warranty period. I would appreciate it if the company would stand behind their product and send me one that is not defective.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Cuisinart DCC-1000 - I had this very nice coffee maker for about a year and a half and all of a sudden, it started leaking water. I always set up my coffee the night before, as many people do, and then turn it on in the morning. One morning I notice water all over the counter so I did a test and put water in the coffee maker and put the unplugged unit in the sink. Overnight it lost about 1 1/2 cups of water. This could be a fire hazard, I think?

Anyway, I contacted Cuisinart and they agreed it was still under warranty and charged me $10 for shipping. They said I would receive a shipping label that I could use to send back the old one. Well, I was under the impression the $10 charge would cover both ways, BOY WAS THAT WRONG! I got the shipping label, but did not see how it would be shipped and called the service people. I was told that shipping back to them was my responsibility. Well, the cost via Fedex, which is how I received it, (for $10) turned out to be $35 for ME, but only $10 for Cuisinart, since they had a contract.

So, I called Cuisinart and was told, I could not use their contract and they were apologizing that they were not clear about the shipping both ways. I told them that had I know it was going to cost me $45 to get warranty service, I would have said NO THANKS, I would buy a different brand instead. They said they would TRY to get my $10 refunded, but it was still up to me to send the old one back. I will try to see if I can get a better rate at the USPS. I think that Cuisinart customer service policies leave a LOT to be desired and will think 3 or 4 time, before I ever consider buying another one of theirs or Conair's products, unless I KNOW I would never use their warranty.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Purchased two different units during the past 5-6 years. First model was DCC1200. The issues being unit would not come on or would brew and turn off (this happened on several replacement units). Then purchased model DCC2850 which failed within a month (would not come on). The replacement unit started leaking water about 6 weeks ago while brewing. Currently in the process of getting it replaced. I like the product when it works but expect a longer life span out of a unit.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I'm using my second Cuisinart 10 cup coffee pot because I returned it due to it producing a lukewarm cup of coffee. I love hot coffee! It didn't make sense that this happened twice. I've put up with this for two years until I just read Ron from Odenton, MD's note. Now I know I'm not the only one. I also didn't realize Cuisinart had declined in their customer service. I will say the only time I get a hot pot of coffee is when I fill the carafe full to make 10 cups. It's steaming hot from the weight. But for just me, I only use 4 cups of water and it's not enough weight to produce heat.

Original review: June 7, 2015

We have a Cuisinart Expresso Maker which stopped working and is covered by a three year warranty. Customer Service advised they would send a shipping label which I could expect to arrive in 3-5 business days. Three weeks and five phone calls later no shipping label. I was so disgusted with the treatment I paid $23.29 to ship the unit back to them. This is simply the worst customer service experience I have known had. Despite being advised they had sent it and on two occasions saying they would e-mail the label which I could expect in 24 hours. Nothing. I think they have good products, but when they breakdown it's very difficult to get they fixed under the warranty.

Original review: June 4, 2015

Purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker for $99. Product was a total lemon. Leaked water out underneath machine and what water did stay in to make coffee, sprayed out from coffee dispenser. Called Cuisinart and they said for a $10 fee they would ship me another and I would have to return the warranty covered machine when I got the box. Couldn't quite figure out why they were charging me $10, but I needed my coffee. I called today to say I never received a return label to be informed that I had to pay the shipping. Went to post office...$49 for shipping? So, I paid $99 for machine that never worked, $10 fee and now I'm expected to pay $49 to return the thing? I called customer service and their only answer was 'did you read the warranty book'? I asked them if this made sense to them and they said 'no, not at all, but that is Conair!' Scam of a company! And you wonder why the owner is worth $3.6 Billion!

Original review: May 27, 2015

CUISINART 12 PROGRAMMABLE THERMAL COFFEEMAKER DTC-975BKN - Received this for a Christmas present... I have had a Cuisinart before this one.. I have to constantly make sure the top is securely on, otherwise I will wake up to 8 cups of coffee on the floor counter and wherever else it empties onto! I am deeply disappointed in it and will be replacing it tonight.. After 6 times since December, I am finished cleaning up coffee instead of drinking it... This is the first coffee pot that I have owned that has a mind of its own. Since it was purchased off of Amazon I do not have a receipt, so I will be out the coffee pot and the money...:(

Original review: May 19, 2015

I had a SS-300 coffee-maker that stopped working. Called the company for in-warranty repair, and was told that it was discontinued. Not only that, I would have to ship it to the company at my own cost and at maximum would only get company credit for half/lower than half of the retail price I paid to buy it. 3rd party customer service and the least helpful people I have ever spoken to who did not have any email information for any of the higher-ups. Would never buy a product from Cuisinart EVER again.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I bought my food processor off Amazon and it doesn't have a serial number on it. Now I have to pay for shipping my DEFECTIVE 4 MONTH OLD machine to the company for a replacement. What a crock of crap!!

Original review: May 7, 2015

A month ago I purchased my third Cuisinart coffee pot over the past ten years. I have never had an issue until now. The first time I used the DCC-1200 to make coffee, it started making a strange ticking noise after completing the cycle. I emailed customer service and was told to pay for shipping of a new coffee pot and shipping fees of the defective pot back to Cusinart! That is unacceptable for an $80.00 purchase! I called to speak with a supervisor after the customer service representative was rude to me and she was not any better. After ten years of buying Cuisinart coffee pots, I will be changing manufacturers! I will never purchase a Cuisinart product again. Very disappointed in the company!

Cuisinart Company Information