2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This is a zero-turn mower with a 46'' cut. plenty of horsepower. Handles twice as easy as a regular riding mower. I have lots of trees and by the time I finished mowing with my old mower I was worn out and not done sometimes at the end of the day. Cuts my mowing time almost in half!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The Cub Cadet is easy to use, comfortable, and easy to maintain. It does a fabulous job cutting the grass. We especially like that it is 100% American made. It's big enough to do the job, but small enough to fit into the garage. The lawn has never looked better, and in about 1/4 of the time it used to take mowing with a push mower.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It's been a work horse with no problems after 2 full years of use. It's a 54-in fabricated deck it covers a lot of area quickly. The fabricated deck is heavy and well built. It starts every time and runs very well. I have two acres one of which is pretty rough and it handles it well. One thing I really like about this mower over other mowers I've had is the deck. It has a range from low to really high, over four inches high. It cuts smooth and even. As for the engine I've never had it lug down in any high grass. At this point in time I'm really happy with this mower.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have owned three Cub Cadet lawn tractors and have found them all to be reliable and up for the task. I mow approximately one full acre of lawn. My current model has the Kawasaki engine and it runs exceptionally well. It seems the turning radius has been reduced on this model also.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Great, fast, economical machine, does a great job in no time, My lawn comes out perfect & manicured, No troubles with the Cub Cadet machine, I highly recommend to all, priced right, easy to handle, Cuts the lawn picture perfect, no issues with the Cub Cadet Lawn Mower, love it!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I have owned a Cub Cadet CC 30e for 11-1/2 months. I have experienced repeated electrical problems in this period of time. Mower just going dead after mowing for 5-15 minutes (multiple times), unable to restart the mower for 15-20 minutes after it goes dead (multiple times), unable to turn on the mower deck (multiple times), and unable to charge the mower most recently - the LCD display would not display a charge status (display blank) and then the mower charge LED indicators which show the level of charge completely shut off. Of course, the Cub Cadet dealer always says "can't reproduce the problem, gee we just don't have problems with this electric mower".

I am extremely frustrated and upset with both the dealer and Cub Cadet. Filing a case with Cub Cadet corporate support to report these issues was completely worthless! And the final straw, the dealer has had my mower for three days, and they just told me on Friday "we can't get the mower back to you until Tuesday of next week" - leaving me without a mower for almost a week. Neither Cub Cadet or their dealers stand behind their products, no matter what they may say. My recommendation - absolutely do not even consider buying any Cub Cadet product.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Bought this turn lawn mower at Tractor Supply. We live in a rural area. They did not tell us in order to keep the manufacturer warranty we would have to figure out how to transport this item 45 miles away if something went wrong and of course it did 1 week after we bought it. Key switch went out. Manufacture company did nothing and did not let us know that they don't make that part number so I had to go on Amazon and find a replacement so hopefully it works. All I have to say is ask a lot of questions when you buy something as expensive as this mower was. Cub Cadet should do something but yes they will but you figure how to get it to a shop which will cost you to take it in and get it back to your home..not a happy camper customer. Just want people to know what to expect. I got more information from a shop than I did from cub cadet manufacturer.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Purchased the Cub Cadet XT1 lawn tractor from Home Depot on 05/03/2019 with a "2 yr MFG warranty" for $2026.36 after taxes. The warranty is a joke. Six months ago the Koehler engine wouldn't turn over. I quickly discovered it was not the battery. Not having a way to transport the unit to a repair shop I googled a possible fix and called a repair shop.. I was told the the problem was common for Kohler engines and I could take the top cover off the engine and manually crank the engine to get it past the spot it was stuck at. The problem got increasingly common and I got tired of having to crank the engine like a model T.

I rented a trailer for $35.00 and took the unit to a local repair shop that covers Koehler warranties. After 2 weeks at the shop I got a call from the repair shop. Was told the valves needed to be adjusted but according to the repair man and Koehler service manager the work was not covered under the pathetic 2 yr MFG warranty. Even though it is still under warranty I have to pay for the valve re-adjustment. Not only that I have to rent another trailer for $35.00 to bring it home. Needless to say I am livid. Kohler engines are not recommended under any circumstances.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Jeers to really awful customer service at Cub Cadet. Had a snow thrower just over a year old and it already needs a carburettor and they will not cover it... They said it was bad gas, but it's poor design. Too bad... Another brand bites the dust... Avoid any new units if possible!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I bought a 3 stage snow blower from Cub Cadet in November to prepare for the snow season, and come the first snow of the season, I got my snow blower out and the augers stopped working after 2 seconds on hitting the snow, after multiple calls, and trying all the troubleshooting tips. The snow blower is still not working, and I cannot even get the dealer to come out for a whole week and cub cadet washed their hands off the whole transaction. Now I'm snowed in and trying to buy a proper snow blower to rescue my situation, while the brand new cub cadet worth $1,400 is sitting in my garage. This company, their products and their dealerships are a SCAM!!!!

Cub Cadet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cub Cadet has created American-made riding lawn mowers since 1961. They create mid-range to high-end riding mowers for homeowners and landscapers seeking high-end features and mowers capable of handling large yards.

• Riding mower variety: This company offers garden and lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. A lawn tractor is another term for a standard riding lawn mower, while a garden tractor is a heavier version with a larger engine. Garden tractors typically handle difficult mowing jobs and yards larger than 3 acres.

• 4-acre capacity: Robust riding mowers handle massive lawns and lots with ease.

• Good terrain handling: Several Cub Cadet riding mower models focus on powerful engines capable of dealing with slopes and hilly terrain.

• Maneuverability: Zero-turn mowers provide high-performance handling and cut down on lawn do-overs.

• Commercial options: Cub Cadet provides commercial-grade riding mower options alongside its residential selection.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team