2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

3.8/5 (572 ratings)

About Cub Cadet

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Customer Service is terrible! No certified repair shop where I'm located, they just brushed me off. Too bad we can't help you! Unbelievable. They were rude and simply didn't care. Nothing more to say...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I would not purchase any product from Cub Cadet. I had purchased this mower from Tractor Supply. The transmission went with 140 hours and Cub Cadet was very difficult to contact (no email, chats on their website disconnect you, wait times were hours on their phone number). Yes it was out of warranty but for a $2,900 machine with such low hours the transmission should never go. They had NO interest in keeping me or for that matter anyone as a customer. Poor product and even poorer customer service. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I bought a new Cub Cadet XT1, LT42" in March to mow our own lawn with instead of paying someone else to do it for us. The first few months it would sputter and die showing low battery. So I bought a battery charger for it and charged it up..so I thought. Finally got fed up with it stalling and not being able to start it sometimes for days. I called the extended warranty number In July, and was referred to a "licensed" Cub Cadet repair shop near us. It sat at their shop for three weeks while they tried to figure out the problem.

I called the Cub Cadet number to find a different repair shop and got a different "licensed" Cub Cadet repair shop number and called them. They would need to pick up the mower from my house, so I called the first small engine repair shop and asked them to bring it back so I could have a different small engine repair shop pick it up. They delivered it a few days later, and I called the second shop to let them know I have my mower back. We went back and forth for about two weeks while they called Cub Cadet to find solutions with out having my lawn mower in the shop.

Meanwhile, I still can not get my lawn mower to stay on. Mid August (17th) comes around and the second repair shop picks up my lawn mower where it has been sitting while they try to figure out what is wrong with my mower. It is now October 6th and they are waiting on a part that may be delivered as soon as October 28th. In the meantime, I have been paying my neighbor to mow my lawn that I should have been able to mow my self.

My one hundred percent dissatisfaction is based on the first and only time I have purchased their product, and my poor experience with Cub Cadet is two fold. First is a poor quality product, and second is that the certified Cub Cadet small engine repair shops have yet to repair a product they sell. I understand that they are part of a system events, and that system needs adjusting. Particularly in a parts department where they do not have the part in stock. Which brings me to another point. If Cub Cadet does not have the part in stock, then either this is such a common problem that they have run out, or the parts department does not know how to keep parts in stock. Aside from all this, I have a great used lawn mower for sale with only about twelve hours of use on it if any one is interested.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Have not had any issues with this mower. I recommend it highly. I use this mower 2 times a week and it has performed great. I like the deck cleaner that is built in on this mower. Cub Cadet can be very proud of this mower.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Just like I said bad management. Well I was on the phone for over a hour. I don't know what more can be said about a organization this big and have such a mismanagement customer service. I will never buy anything else from Cub Cadet.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

The Cub Cadet has been great. I mow an approximate 1/2 acre lot. The handling is great. The ease of use is really good. The cut is very good. Starting and stopping and the many safety features are great.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

First of all, they use a chat bot that is the most frustrating and incompetent thing in the world. The website lists several parts for the same model, one of which is incorrect but no person can tell you why. Because they work from home and they have no knowledge of the product they are asked about. Unfortunately the chat bot is better than Vanessa or her supervisor Phil who do not give a crap about customer service. Vanessa would not connect to a supervisor, instead she transferred to another customer service rep, 3 hours later a supervisor has not called and had to call again in order to finally get a call back which was nothing but the same arrogance as Vanessa. No wonder the people he is supposed to supervise have an attitude when he himself has very poor customer service attitude.

Actually the supervisor hung up with his last words being, "go to our competitors". Don't mind me if I do! With this customer lack of service and this incompetent attitude I will never own another product by this company. Shame on them! Based on this experience I would not trust their customer service to flip a pre-made frozen burger after this horrible experience. No wonder their rating is so poor.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I brought a Cub Cadet off of their online site and chose the pickup at dealer option. The dealer I chose was one of the only ones that I could pick it up in 1 day. I reached out to the dealer prior to completing my purchase to ensure they had my model on hand, and again after completing my transaction to ask how the process works. A gentleman explained that he never done this type of transaction but he believed that the lady that works the financial side does. I called back the next day and was told that they see the transaction and was waiting from something from Cub Cadet to show everything was good. No problem, so couldn't get it that day. I called back to the dealer on the day that it was supposed to be ready for pick up (according to the email from Cub Cadet). The gentleman told me that the lady hadn't let him know if authorization had been sent to them and she was on lunch break, but he would call back when she returned, that was about noon.

I still hadn't heard anything by 3pm and since they close at 5pm I called the customer service number on the Cub Cadet site to figure out the issue. The only thing the guy could tell me is "we can't see the issue so you have to go through the dealer", I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he just talked to his supervisor "and they can't see the issue" talk to the dealer....

I didn't pay $7,800 to the dealer. "I Paid it to you" so if a customer that paid you money has an issue don't pawn it off to someone else. Ensure that your customer's experience is satisfactory from beginning to end, not just after you collect payment from me.... What should have happen is someone from Cub Cadet should have reached out to the dealer to find the break in communication and resolve the issue there.... Or the finance lady at the dealer should have called instead of waiting for something that's obviously not coming. Well after talking to Cub Cadet I reached back out to the dealer who ensured me that he would call me back before the end of the day to let me know what was going on... Crickets...They are now closed for the day cause it's after 6pm and I still haven't heard anything back from them, and worst of all still no $7,800 mower that I already paid for.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Frame Design Flaw. Steel is not thick enough on the front frame assembly. 3 months old and it cracked completely in half and broke all the welds. 30 days have gone by without answers from Cub Cadet regarding warranty. I understand things break down but there but not like this on a machine with only 90 hours.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Cub Cadet blade spindles are sealed preventing lubrication. Catastrophic failure is eminent by design. A very poorly engineered product. ALL cutting decks require seasonal lubrication for smooth operation and reliable dependability. Our government should really start regulating manufacturers products in order to protect consumers from this kind of "junk". To Cub Cadet engineers: Really? I mean come on. This is negligence at its worst regarding engineered quality. People deserve better for their hard earned money. This "ain't" right!

Cub Cadet Company Information