3.02/5
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Cross Country Home Services offers three plans that cover essential home systems and appliances. While cost can vary widely between different parts of the country, CCHS has generous coverage caps and valuable added protection for your home.

PROS

• Unknown pre-existing condition coverage
  • No aggregate annual caps
  • Rust and corrosion production
  • Nationwide coverage

CONS

• Cancellation fee
  • High cost in some areas

Top Cross Country Home Services Reviews

12/23/2018

I'm satisfied with everything, including the timeliness and the quality of work. Everybody has been nice and friendly, and on average, it takes a day after a claim is filed for a contractor to come out. If something happens at night, I call 24/7 then I would have an appointment the next day.

02/06/2019

I’m happy with Cross Country Home Services and I'm very satisfied. Their monthly fee is great and their service is good and they send people out as soon as I call them. It’s pretty reliable. Also, the amount of coverage is good and I haven’t had any problems with any of the techs they've sent out.

Cross Country Home Services plans

Cross Country Home Services offers several different services to homeowners. While home warranties are one of the essential solutions they provide, they are unique in that they also supply smart home repair and maintenance (this is separate from the regular home warranties). The award-winning company has been in business for four decades, making them an experienced provider in the home warranty sector.

Homeowners can get warranties from the company no matter where they live in the U.S. Although the service contact centers are based out of Florida and South Carolina, Cross Country Home Services sells warranties to homeowners nationwide. The company has 24/7 availability all year long, with access to claims and service by phone or online at any time.

For homeowners, plans are available through Cross Country Home Services from TotalProtect Home Warranty. Repairs done under any of the plans are guaranteed for 180 days. There are three plan levels to give homeowners options that best meet their needs.

• Appliances Plan: This covers major appliances throughout the home that are necessary for daily living.
  • Systems Plan: If the systems in your home are the primary concern for you, the Systems Plan might be the right option. It covers major systems like heating, cooling, plumbing and more.
  • Combo Plan: The best option in terms of comprehensive coverage, this warranty gives homeowners peace of mind with complete coverage for all major systems and appliances.

For the real estate community, the company offers home warranties through HMS National. These warranties are designed to offer new home buyers or sellers additional protection and must be purchased through a real estate professional. Costs and coverages vary by location.

Cross Country Home Services cost

Plan costs and service call fees vary by region. Potential customers have the option for a free, instant quote online that gives a comparison of the monthly costs for each plan.

On average, the cost for Cross Country Home Services will range from just over $20 per month for the Appliances Plan to just over $80 per month for the Combo Plan. Across the board, the Appliances Plan is the least expensive and the Combo Plan is the most expensive because it is the most comprehensive.

Here’s an example of the cost variance:

PlanLocationAverage monthly cost
AppliancesCleveland, OH$22.95
 Boston, MA$35.95
SystemsCleveland, OH$33.95
 Boston, MA$73.95
ComboCleveland, OH$46.95
 Boston, MA$83.95
For most areas, the service call fee is $125 per repair/call, which is high for the industry.

Cross Country Home Services coverage

In many cases, purchasing a complete home protection plan with comprehensive coverage can make the most sense for modern homeowners. This alleviates the worry about breakdowns in both important appliances and essential systems. The Combo Plan is ideal for full coverage and includes the following.

Covered appliances

• Sump pumps
  • Trash compactors
  • Whirlpool bathtubs

Covered systems

• Attic or whole home exhaust fans
  • Central vacuums
  • Doorbells
  • Garage door opener
  • Heating and cooling systems
  • Interior gas and electrical lines
  • Main fuse box panel
  • Plumbing systems
  • Plumbing stoppages
  • Smoke detectors (wired)
  • Water heaters

This plan also includes optional coverage for pools and spas (cost varies), a homeowner’s insurance deductible reimbursement of up to $500, and protection against rust or corrosion on covered systems and appliances.

476 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 21, 2019

With us being elderly and the prices of things going up, it makes good sense that we put a warranty on our stuff at home. I carry insurance on my car and I think the home warranty is a good deal too. There were a couple of times, however, that we had a hard time getting in touch with Cross Country to put in claims. And then once we got them, they had a hard time finding somebody to do the work. For my air conditioning, they sent a guy out of Atlanta, which is two hours away from my house. There was a warranty part on the unit he installed that has a recall, but the home warranty told us that they wouldn’t handle it. They said the installer would handle it so we called him but he no longer works for the home warranty service. He wanted to charge us $80 just to come out here and charge us as well for shipping of the part. My wife went back and forth with Cross Country about the issue but, long story short, the recall never got handled on the new air conditioning.

Years ago, we also had a heater deal, and it took a couple of days for them to get somebody to come out to it. The heater part of the air condition broke down during the winter when it got cold. I was told that it was due to the installer who programmed it wrong so when it got really cold, it shut itself down. We then called and asked why we owed a $100 deductible if it was the installer's problem, and they got back with us. Another time, I had an issue with the dryer and the guy came out but he wasn’t able to fix it. He came out two or three times but the dryer kept doing the same noise. So I just bought a new one, and we notified Cross Country, and then they reimbursed me my deductible for buying a new dryer.

Then the last two times, Sears Warranty had been sent, and they've been right out. I was really expecting to pay more money in my part of the new air condition, but Cross Country treated me so right on that. My part on the replacement of the unit was very fair. All in all, my experience with them has been good and I've been happy with them. I’ve spoken highly of them, especially when they made arrangements to get me a brand new air conditioning unit.

Cross Country Home Services response

Charles, I’m sorry to hear that it hasn’t always been the easiest claim process, please know we are continuously monitoring this process to ensure we offer the best possible experience. We’re happy to hear that overall you’ve been pleased with the service and savings your home warranty provides. Thanks for sharing!- Amanda

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

At $45 a month, Residential MD covers all the stuff. I told them to sign me up and at this point, I've been with these people for about eight years. We've submitted several claims, from plumbing to microwave. They've also done our hot water heater and central air conditioning. The most recent is the refrigerator and almost every time, it's turned out well.

So far, we haven't had to argue too much over what is covered other than with the plumbing claim in the beginning. But it's all been good. They just sent us a check for $1,750 for a refrigerator that's three years old. We could not get the ice maker to work and they are replacing the whole thing over an ice maker. They had come out for the refrigerator several times over the last three years but after they replaced it the third time, it still wasn’t working. The situation is like our microwave. They couldn't get parts and once they can't get the parts, they call us and tell us what they can do. They offered us a buyout.

They've been trying to go to a more automated system when you make a claim now. I used to call and tell them the issue then they would set me up. Everybody's going online but sometimes, you just wanna talk to a live person. Still, I can go online to say we need something fixed. I just pop it in then they give us the phone number of the repair person. I've only had one issue. That was when they said they did not have anybody in our area who could come out and repair the hot water heater. They were going to research finding somebody. I told them they were gonna have to move a little faster because I was not gonna accept that for an answer. We ended up calling somebody ourselves. We paid for it then they reimbursed us what we paid.

But nobody has been rude. They always answer the phone and they've always been very professional with me. If they don’t know what to do, then they'll escalate it to the next department. Sometimes it's not immediate that they back to you but they're fairly good about getting back. We had a plumber that got crossways with them. He said he couldn't stand them but I think it's on the end of the service people getting paid. In my experience, we've had some issues but there has been nothing that I haven't been willing to overlook. They raised the deductible though. It started out at $75 then it went to $85. Now, it's 100. So anytime we call somebody out, we're out of $100. But they've never raised the price on me. I've been paying $44.95 since day one. For a very minimal amount, I've got a new central AC and a new hot water tank, other than the new refrigerator I'm in the process of getting. I would recommend the warranty.

Cross Country Home Services response

Toni, Fantastic service is what we aim to provide, and we are excited to hear that you were extremely pleased. Thanks for the kind words. – Morgan

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Compared to the home warranty company that we had used, I like Cross Country Home Services better. The other one did not have the preventative maintenance. It was only for repairs and we are big preventative maintenance kinda people with our cars and so it was a good fit for us. Cross Country was introduced to us when we did a refinance. The mortgage broker told us about them, then I compared some prices. We then saw the preventative maintenance aspect and decided to go with them. However, although I could do the claims online, I always had to call a person for the preventative maintenance. I’ve never understood why I wasn’t able to do it online and then 20% of the time, it went really bad. I would get people who did not understand the preventative maintenance aspect and put in a claim instead. Although this last one, it looked like I could do the preventative maintenance online.

However, I still had to call because once I got to the end, it wasn’t preventative maintenance but a claim because it said I was going to owe my deductible. That's not true. With preventative maintenance, there is no deductible. So, even though they updated the system, and I was very pleased initially because I thought I can do my preventative maintenance online, it did not go through without a glitch. I ended up having to call someone to get this worked out. Worse, I didn't know if it worked out because I did not receive an email confirmation, which I usually do. The person and the number Cross Country reps told me to call said I should call him back in two weeks as he was really busy. I just called him and left a message again. I'm gonna wait 24 hours for the person to respond and if I don't hear from him, I will contact Cross Country and tell them to assign me to somebody else as the person is obviously too busy and I’m not happy at all.

In addition, I have watched the deductible go up through the years and so at some point, I may have to do some price checking to see if that’s still within the proper market rates. But I did get reassurance from someone who had to come out and fix my stove. I asked the guy if I hadn’t gone through Cross Country, what would I be paying. He said the $125 is okay. He added that the parts may be so expensive but most of the service providers have a very hefty just-walk-in-the-door charge. Hearing that from him, I thought Cross Country is still a good product for what I have. Besides, we're very happy and the repair of that stove went great. The person that they sent out was also wonderful. He came out, ordered the part, came back, put it in and finally contacted me. Given that the preventative maintenance aspect is what I’ve liked, I have absolutely recommended Cross Country to people.

Cross Country Home Services response

Patty, I’m glad we exceeded your expectations! We aim to provide excellent service even in unexpected situations such as yours. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it! – Austin

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Cross Country's customer service is fine when I talked to them on the phone and some of the people they send out are good, but 30% of my experience with their providers have been bad, which was mostly the guy with the washer. Our washer was leaking and the vendor was iffy. They weren’t bad, but they didn’t fix it the first time or the second time. The third time, they said it wasn’t broken, but it was because they forgot to put one of the bolts into where it rotates to dry out the water. When the washer ran, it went dun, dun, dun, and then, we called them and they said it was normal.

I told them that it sounded like it was coming apart and the washer didn’t do that before they supposedly fixed it, but they kept saying it was fine when they left. It was fine till the bolt fell out because they didn’t put the nut back on, so I had a hassle with them on that. Cross Country told me I have to talk to the vendor. I told them that’s what I’m paying them for and if they're not going to talk to the provider, then I don’t need them. They called the vendor and the vendor came back out for the last time to put the bolt back.

The last contractor I had was for my air conditioning unit. I called on a Sunday night, which I was surprised someone answered. The lady from the air conditioning company called me the same night and said they'll send somebody out the following day. I said great and the tech was here 7 o’clock the next morning. He fixed the ac in five minutes and he was great. The time before that, it took the guy four days to come out, but it was in the middle of summer, so I understood the timeframe. The guy had to come back because he didn’t have the part, but he came back, fixed it and the service was fine.

If you get a good guy, then you’re okay. If you don’t, then… you call back, say the guy didn’t work out and ask them to send somebody. It's like spin the wheel of good provider. The guy comes out and fixes it at one time. The other guy comes out and tells me it’s broken. It’s like an argument. I have another friend that has a different home warranty people and the experience depends on who the warranty company sends out. They'll send out a great person and they’ll fix it or they’ll send somebody else out and they look at it and go, “is that the washing machine?” if they don’t know what it is, then they have to leave because they can’t fix it.

Cross Country Home Services response

Leonard, We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We try our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased to hear that this has been your experience. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: July 24, 2018

I've had a warranty in my home for over ten years with Cross Country. I switched my contract with them over to their Residential Gold package, which is a warranty that gives preventative service. And recently, I had an AC claim that was denied. A contractor also came out last month and they fixed the AC unit. And then a month later, it's doing the same thing, but they were saying that it was something else. The claim was stating that there was wiring done wrong. And I told Cross Country that the only people that would have done the wiring would have been a company that they have sent out to my house. When a company came out recently, they told me it was not covered and they wanted me to pay $650 for the repair. And so I told them that I'd figure it out. They also told me I had replaced a whole bunch of stuff on the unit and that wasn't true.

I ended up going with another company and paying out of my pocket to get the AC unit fixed which cost me $150 compared to what Cross Country's repair service was gonna charge me. Also, the things that they said were wrong with the unit weren't even what were wrong, which I learned when I had the other company come out. So, when I called Cross Country's customer service rep, I asked her if she could pull back the files of the things they had repaired on my AC unit because I only have worked with a warranty company that Cross Country has referred to me. And she said that it was out of her control. She would have to have somebody call me back, but no one has called me back. And this has been two weeks. I was expecting a call back, and I don't like it when I call them. I'm a busy woman with work, and I don't want to be put on hold and transferred from here to there.

Other than that, for appliances they had been fixing, I haven't had any issues with what had to be fixed. All my other experiences have been pleasant and have lined up. I just want an explanation on who worked on the AC unit prior to this company coming out so I could go back and figure out who did what was wrong with it and no one ever called me back. And I felt like that call would have made a difference. It was disappointing. But still, I would tell others that I had good experience with Cross Country over the ten years.

Cross Country Home Services response

Alicia - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable and affordable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Austin

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Original review: July 16, 2019

As a widow in need of dryer service on my Kenmore Elite dryer, a Sears Home Services agent convinced me that the home warranty on all appliances was the way to go for me and I agreed. It would shelter me from unexpected costs of repairs and/or replacements of all my home appliances. I was comfortable... Until my matching Kenmore Elite washer broke. The drum was broke and a replacement part is no longer made so I was promised a new washer. Sounds great, right? Sure... Just what I thought as well until I read further.

My washer and dryer (and pedestals) are both top of the line, high efficiency machines that are maroon in color. I was being offered a white GE washer (similar features, but NOT HE) or $520. I called immediately upon receipt of the email and was told that I needed to send an email to the Authorizations Department which I did the very next day outlining a model I had found, maroon in color, with comparable features. Despite my request to speak with someone in the Authorizations Department or a supervisor (who the reps told me I needed to speak with) this is when the total run around started.

So, how did it end? I supervisor finally called me AFTER I accepted the white washer and I asked if they would consider grey in the same model and she indicated she put it on the request as the unit had not yet been purchased and I would receive a call before it was purchased. I called the day I was promised a call and asked the status and they told me the white unit was purchased and it was too late. When I asked for the $520 based on how ridiculous this process was I was told that I could refuse delivery of the white washer and pay 35% of the cost of the washer (which was unknown as well) and I refused to invest any more money or time into this situation.

Upon delivery of my white washer, I'll figure out how to make it look half way decent upon a maroon pedestal next to a maroon dryer. Frustrating, absolutely frustrating. Now I'm concerned that if any of my stainless steel appliances need replacement, I'll be offered a basic white appliance as well. This warranty does NOT provide what it says it will. The whole situation has been maddening and very disappointing as this is what Sears has become - a company once known for its customer service and appreciation of loyal customers. Ugh. Tread carefully with this service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Late May/Early June we filed a claim with our Cross Country home warranty plan. They told us to contact a local AC repair company. We did, they came out promptly and discovered our AC was not working due to an old thermostat. They replaced it. Issue resolve? Nope....shortly after they left we noticed that our inside fan would not always turn off when the AC would turn off. We have the thermostat set to auto but the fan would just run and run and wouldn’t turn off even when we would turn the thermostat to off completely. So we immediately called the repair company back and they came out and discovered there is a part on our main unit inside the house that needs to be replaced. That’s where everything went south. Our unit is 30 plus years old so they are having trouble finding the part.

It’s been well over a month and I’ve been calling this company to come out weekly to finally either fix or replace or do whatever it is they need to do so my unit doesn’t go out completely from running all the time. Also our AC now isn’t cooling as well and struggles to cool below 79 degrees on a 90 degree plus day. I let the AC repair company know about this too. So we are in the house roasting. I’m placing a phone call today to the warranty company in hopes they can either get this AC repair company to finally fix our issues that we’ve already paid our deductible for or send a new company because this is ridiculous. We don’t pay $45 per month for this kind of service.

Cross Country Home Services response

Rachael, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. My team and I would like to take a look into your claim to see how we can help. I have located your account and my team will complete a thorough review and give you a call. Thanks, Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2019

I called Feb 3 2019 for a simple repair on my refrigerator. The rep on the phone told me if I I purchase the home warranty today for 49.99 plus $99.00. I can have service on all my appliances for a one time fee of 49.99 for the entire year. I said, "That's it? One time?" He said yes. Not one time did he say this was a monthly fee and would automatically be deducted from my checking account. I never gave permission nor did I agree to this.

Well it is now July 13. My refrigerator still has the same problem from Feb. My freezer has been leaking Freon. They replaced a part in March because part was on back order. A month later all Freon leaked out. Again lost everything in freezer. Tech filled it with Freon. Again said this should work. Of course I did not believe him. Not even a month later same problem. All the food defrosted once again. Called every month since Feb. Always asking to speak to a supervisor. Always get rude customer service.. They tell Me the same thing. "She is busy. She will call You back, blah blah." I have spent hours on the phone being transferred or giving me different phone numbers to call, and when I call their response is, "I am not sure why they gave you this number. You need to call this number."

I finally get through to someone and requested to get a different company to come out. So they agreed. He came out on July 2 and said there was a leak in the line and sealed it. The other techs said there were no leaks. Well unfortunately again lost all Freon. Called again on July 12 and the tech came out and said this is internal and cannot be fixed. He called and reported it to them. He said it is getting worse so now I have to have the agony again to get a resolution, I know this will not be easy to get a voucher for a new refrigerator.

I would of thought someone would of called me the same day to get this resolved. Nobody cares honestly. I have lost over a thousand dollars worth of food in the last 6 months. Nobody has even offered to replace the food. All they do is send out techs knowing that this cannot be fixed. All I want now is a new refrigerator for all the stress they have caused. Please do not do business with this company. Read the reviews. I can assure you that are all legit.

Cross Country Home Services response

Cindy, I am sorry to hear that we have disappointed you. We value you as a customer and want to help get your claim resolved. Please respond to this message with your full property address and my team will investigate and follow up with you personally. Sincerely, Amanda

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

Our convection wall oven needed to be replaced end of June. I was told to go to website to see new oven and ok it. Problem was all our appliances are black and this one was stainless. Told customer service that this would not work and would not accept it. They declined to order an all black even though it was 200 cheaper. I could opt for the cash of about 1500. Convection ovens cost about 3000. Wife and I finally agreed to go with stainless. They are coming tomorrow July 11 to deliver only.

Company does not install and was told to call Cross Country back to schedule install. Called back and they give me number of company to install. Only problem is they don't install either. Call Cross Country back and they have no other providers that they can find to install and will get with dispatch to see what they can do. Meanwhile we will need to wait who knows how long for this. It has been 3 weeks already. Paid $125 for deductible. Cannot get refund for deductible for all the trouble. Terrible experience and will probably cancel when this is all over. Not worth the aggravation and little help you get. Be aware that your replacement is not going to be exact or same quality.

Cross Country Home Services response

Kevin, I appreciate your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that your claim experience was not what you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are specific terms within your policy. In this instance your warranty addressed providing a comparable replacement unit which was comparable in size and function. We regret any confusion or misunderstanding of the coverage provided. My team will contact you to help provide a resolution regarding the installation. Respectfully, Angela

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

Andy and Katelyn ** have been without AC since June 24th, due to their system being ancient and damaged beyond repair, and their region is continuing its first major heat wave of the season. They have a home warranty through Cross Country Home Services (CCHS) for situations like this. Especially since they are expecting their first child on July 26th, roughly 2 weeks from now.

Because of the pregnancy and fast-approaching arrival of a newborn, their lack of air conditioning is legally classified as a medical emergency. Despite this status CCHS has failed to replace the system. After multiple phone calls with claims of “no one is available in your region” and flat out refusal to authorize emergency overtime for the few places that could have come out, the system was finally inspected on July 3rd. It was condemned due to age and decay with an urgent recommendation to replace the entire system. This replacement was left pending approval from CCHS.

After absolutely no communication since the inspection and multiple messages left each day, a supervisor finally ordered the** caseworker to return their calls. It turns out, regardless of her promises to get the system fixed no later than July 8th, she had gone on vacation and failed to turn the case over to someone who was actually in the office. Upon her return she chose to ignore the ** messages until forced by her boss to give them a callback.

During this phone call it was discovered that the paperwork had been illegally changed – TWICE – to avoid paying for the replacement of the system and that the claim was almost finished being denied. Three supervisors later, CCHS finally acknowledged the paperwork was invalid. However, they decided that the only way to correct this error of theirs was to start from scratch with a new company conducting a new inspection. That appointment is still pending but supposedly they've authorized emergency overtime so it will be scheduled soon.

The ** want to know if CCHS will pay their medical bills if they go into labor early. Or if CCHS will cover an extended hospital stay since the family cannot bring a newborn into a house that is over 85 degrees for 16 hrs a day. A post on CCHS's Facebook page was deleted and the ** were blocked from any further interaction with the company page. Andy and Katelyn are now spreading the word to everyone they can to never deal with Cross Country Home Services for anything ever. The couple is also looking into legal options, especially if undue medical costs arise from this shameful treatment.

Cross Country Home Services response

Katelyn, I am sorry to hear of your claim experience and apologize for the inconvenience. Our records indicate that since this review, a member of my team has been in contact with you. She will remain in contact with you to ensure your claim becomes resolved. Sincerely, Dena

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

I have been with Sears/Cross Country Home Services Warranty for several years ($69/month). However, when it comes to have my Air Conditioning repair/replace claim, no nobody at Sears/Cross Country Home Services has seems to have the sense of urgency on the service claim. My AC has been acting up and I called Sears on May 13 to place a new AC claim. Sears assigned OWNER CO (864-716-5702) to work on my AC claim. I called OWNER CO and let them know that I have a service order and they told me that they were working on locate AC contractor to work on my claim. Then after call, no one contacted me to give me the status update on the claim. I called them back and they said that they could not find any contractors in my area (I am not in the country areas) and told me I could call any contractors of my choice.

I tried to call several contractors (most contractors did not want to deal with Sears warranty) and I ended up with contractor who was willing to come out by did not want to call Sears to call Sears authorize department to report the issue. I paid $150 for this contractor and call OWNER CO to report the issue written on the invoice. Sears told me that the contractor needed to call Sears authorize when he was at my home. OWNER CO told me to find another contractors who would be willing to call Sears authorization department to report the problem on the spot. I ended up calling different contractors and finally found one contractor that was willing call Sears authorize department to report the issue on the spot. The service tech came out on Friday June 21, 2019 afternoon. He checked the AC and called Sears authorize department on his cell phone on the spot to report the issue and suggested that the AC unit need to be replaced.

Sears authorize took note all the information provided by the technician and told him that they would contact me to let me know what need to be done. Then, on Monday June 24, 2019, I contact Sears and they told me that I had to call the tech who came out on Friday to contact Sears authorization department to provide details report of the issue that he found. I paid another $181 for this service call. I called him and he called Sears and gave them the details report the same day. Another day past and I did not hear from Sears. I called Sears this morning (Weds, June 28, 2019) to follow up and they told me that the contractor did not want to negotiate with Sears to replace the AC unit. So, Sears has sent back my claim to dispatch department to locate different contractor to come out to check on my AC and they told me that I am back to square one again as that is the process how Sears handles the claim.

I am frustrated and disappointed the way Sears warranty has been handling my claim since May 13. They told me that I have to wait 24-48 hours for dispatch to locate new contractor. I asked to talk to superior/manager, they told me they will have their supervisor/manager to contact me within 24-48 hours. Nobody at Sears warranty have seems to care about their customer and have a sense of urgency regarding to the issue. Now, I have to wait for 24-48 hours for dispatch and not sure if they will be able to find a contractor in my area and ended up to let me find contractors again. I don't see my AC will be fixed/replaced at any time soon.

I pay $69/month for the Sears warranty and have paid a total of $331 for the two service calls, and times to call around, spending at home waiting for the service techs to come out. So, disappointed. I am giving a 1 star review for Sears/Cross Country Home Services due to the way that they handle my claim. I can even give 0 star if there is option to do so.

Cross Country Home Services response

Dung, I assure you that the customer service you have received is not the level of service we aim to provide. My team and I would like to take a look into your claim to see how we can help. I have located your account and my team will give you a call as soon as we can to assist. Thanks, Austin

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

Was a Sears Home Warranty customer for several years, but once Sears offloaded the warranty to Cross Country, it was a nightmare. This is a ** warranty unit that will shy from paying you for your legitimate claims by making up defects in uncovered areas and not paying you. There was one instance where they agreed that a softener system needed to be replaced, but Cross Country allotted the lowest amount possible and wanted me to purchase a system first and then send them the invoices for them to reimburse me. Given my experience, I did not want to take a chance. Do not ever go with them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jeffrey, I’m sorry to hear your claim experience with Cross Country was not what you had expected. As with all warranties, there are specific terms and conditions regarding coverage. Should you need further assistance, please respond to this message with your full property address and my team will contact you personally. Thanks, Amanda

Original review: June 24, 2019

Every time I need a repair in my home I feel like for 69.99 a month plus $100 deductible every time a service provider comes out, I should be able to relax and feel that due to my investment mentioned above, It will be taken care of, but I cannot help the waves of anxiety and nervousness that come over me as I wonder what ridiculous things CCHS has in store for me this time.

A few times I have been satisfied with the service, but I am mostly put in situations where I must pay them to leave after getting told "the reason why your freezer is melting and running down into your fridge is because you have food in the back of the freezer, you shouldn't keep it there, it blocks the cooler vents." Plus the hundreds of dollars I was out when they approved my furnace to be replaced with a third party claim because they did not have any service providers in my area. I was encouraged to find my own. I did and went through months of hassle to get everything set up for the job to get done, once it was the reimbursement amount suddenly changes and I am forced to start making payments to the service provider that I couldn't afford. Even faced the threat of having a mechanic's lien put on my house at one point when I missed a payment. Lots of fun.

Now I am dealing with them again over repair of my central a/c unit. Which I ended up having the system maintenance done from CCHS earlier this year, I was told by their service provider it only needed Freon. So a few weeks back, the weather is warming up and I decided to place a claim to have the Freon topped off. Ever since then it has been a constant battle to figure out what their plan is for this service job. All phone calls promised havent come through. They're fishing for a reason to deny my claim. I just know it.

Apparently my system is too outdated (2005) to just be filled with Freon, cuz the type it requires has been outlawed in CA. Obviously replacement would be the only logical answer with that diagnosis, so now their claims department is shining me on while meanwhile trying to come up with a contractual reason to once again continue to take more money from me than I get back in repairs from them. Not surprised, but still disappointed.

Cross Country Home Services response

Gene, I am sorry to hear that you have had some less than favorable claim experiences. We value you as a customer and want to ensure you have received the full benefit of your policy. Please respond to this message with your full property address and our team will investigate and follow up with you directly. Sincerely, Austin

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2019

I've had several claims with Cross Country and they all got fixed. The contractors do a good job but it takes a long time to have one claim. It took me almost six months for the guys to fix my stove. First of all, Cross Country doesn't have anybody close by. The people that they get are not from here and it usually takes at least 24 to 48 hours before they even come out. Secondly, the people who come out do the work where they're always getting what's something wrong with it but they have to get it approved through Cross Country and a lot of times, it takes so long for them to get approved. That's the only thing I hate about it. They have to go through the extra things they have to go through. Then it takes so long for the contractor going to fix them. They would come out on a Tuesday and it would be another Tuesday before they come out again. I have to constantly be on the phone calling and trying to get them out here.

Cross Country Home Services response

Terence, We’re sorry to hear about the amount of effort you’ve put forth trying to resolve your claims. Please know, we are continuously working to increase our service network in order to better serve our customers. We value your feedback and will ensure it is provided to the appropriate department for handling. Christine

Original review: June 19, 2019

Filed claim for water heater on June 3, 2019. As of June 19 still have cold water and claim has not been fulfilled! CCHS Procurement Rep Mobley assigned R&D Heating. Was a no show for 1st time, could not be reached phone by me or Mobley in spite of confirmation with me by phone. Mobley said find a licensed service provider in my area, as CCHS Procurement has none available in my area. I found licensed provider listed on both HomeAdvisor’s and Angie’s list. And He called in for PreApproval and Approval, followed all procedures and provided necessary paperwork! I called to check status, told No Show, provider R&D still assigned job, excuse for no show/phone call they were very busy and another appointment was scheduled by Mobley Procurement Rep. Had I not called I would not have know about appointment, as it was scheduled without my knowledge.

Appointment was kept, confirmed with R&D by phone with me once again which turned out to be 2nd no show and unreachable by phone. Finally, CCHS Procurement allows me to use my provider they suggested I find. Upon calling in consistently to on a daily basis to check status, Mobley dropped off the face of the earth! Could no longer be reached by phone in spite of leaving voicemails! For every daily status check, caseworker assigned, I was consistently lied to and given one excuse after another excuse as to why my claim has not been fulfilled! Finally thought I cut through all the red tape when Case Manager Tariqfard ** was assigned. Was appreciative that he was able to help my claim move one step forward.

Although my service provider provided all documents, as confirmed by a tier Rep CCHS rep, I was now told there was a backlog in setting up profiles, in spite of my being told my case was being expedited, as I have an infant and asthmatic in my home! Called in for daily stats next day, told need W-9, service provider submitted W-9. Call in next day to check status, told by Case Manager Keyshaun she got special approval to move forward without W-9 although receipt of W-9 was confirmed by the Approval Dept. when I called in. Called next day June 18 to check status, was told by Keyshaun that the new water heater specs had to be confirmed and was sent by email to my service provider.

I told Keyshaun my provider gave brand and specs water heater to Approval Dept. already as I was on a conference call with both at the time. I then offered to connect my service provider by phone to get things moving along, was then told he had to call the Approval Dept. I asked Keyshaun to email specs of new water heater and I would copy and text info to provider. After texting info to my provider, he calls to confirm heater is suitable. He gets a call from Approvals complaining $360 for installation was too much. We get past that hurdle, call Keyshaun back the same day to see when heater will be shipped, as I was told heater is considered an emergency and would be expedited so I could get it in 1-3 days. Keyshaun said she would check.

Keyshaun calls back and says heater will be delivered by June 23, a Sunday. Asked to get Heater Brand/specs and shipping info. Call my service provider to inform him of shipping date. He states shipments are not delivered on Sundays. Called Keyshaun to inform her that shipments are not delivered on Monday! She said she’d call me back tomorrow, June 19 which she did. She said shipment date is June 23. Reiterated shipments are not delivered on Sunday, she says then it will be Monday. She said she does not have ETA tracking info but will reach out to Mobley (who mysteriously vanished in thin air) to see if date can be pushed up when comes available in warehouse and provide ETA. Keyshaun will call me back on Friday (June 21) with updated status and hopefully the ETA. In short, I have been/will be without a water heater and hot water for June 2 - 21, 2019!

Cross Country Home Services response

Jerome, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delays you have experienced. Upon review of your claim I see that a member of our Leadership team, worked with your wife to reach a resolution to your claim. She will remain in contact with her to ensure this has been fully resolved and hot water has been restored in your home. Sincerely, Austin

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 19, 2019

Opened a claim for AC service on 5/21/19. It is now 6/19/19 and still have no AC. First company came out and said the system has failed and needs to be replaced (32 years old). After waiting several weeks for resolution I was called stating a second opinion was warranted. Second company came out and said they should pressure test to verify but nothing has been done. Service order #: **. This should have been crisply handled and moved to replacement / repair / closure. Very difficult to call a number and get a rep on the phone. Current assigned service provider just keeps telling me that they are waiting for the warranty company to get back to them. Can someone clear the mess up? It's hot here.

Cross Country Home Services response

Paul, I'm sorry to hear about the delays you have experienced during your air conditioning claim. My team will be glad to look into your claim to see how we can help expedite a resolution. We’ve located your account and will follow up with you personally once we have reviewed. Sincerely, Amanda

Original review: June 14, 2019

Everything has been good with Cross Country except for one incident that we had. Our furnace was out this past winter and we never did get anybody to fix it. I had to call somebody else to come and fix it. But it was an isolated incident and after that and before that, there was no problem. I'm satisfied with the service. The reps are very nice. The technicians have been very professional except for the furnace people.

Cross Country Home Services response

Lynette, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: June 13, 2019

DO NOT USE THEM!!!! This is the worst warranty company ever. I have been told by several repairmen that they will not work with me because of this warranty company because they know will not get paid or it will take months for them to be paid. I live in a big city, they told me they could not find a repairman within 60 miles of my city to fix a sink. There are hundreds of plumbers in my city, that should give you the scope of how many do not want to work with them. I called them because my water like burst and water was squirting and filling my basement. I called them and told them I had an emergency, the lady said it would take 24 hrs for someone to get someone to come out and look at my issue and that there was no guarantee that they would find someone.

I asked if I could just call someone. They stated that would be an unwarranted claim. Needless to say I called and cancelled that day. I had the same issue with them previously on something different and it took them 5 days to get someone out to fix the issue. They are terrible, no repair services want to work with them, and their customer is terrible. In addition, cancellation after all this you would think would have been easy especially with as much trouble as I’ve been through with them but that was a no go. This company is a waste of your money. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Cross Country Home Services response

Terri, We regret to hear that this has been you experience and regret we lost you as a customer. - Austin

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have one of the grandfathered programs from Cross Country Home Services that has preventive maintenance checks which they don't offer anymore. I asked them for preventive maintenance for my air conditioning system. However, because of the way their system was worded, I wasn't sure what it was asking for. So, I called and their rep verified everything. Still, submitting the claim was easy and their reps treated me well.

My plan is only $54.95 a month. Though over the years the deductible has gone up, that’s kind of understandable because of the economy. Initially, I was paying $80 and now I pay $125. With my plans, preventive maintenance checks don't cost me anything and I don't have to pay the deductible for that. Unfortunately, if I move I can't get the same service I have right now. I can transfer it to someone else who can get it for this house that I have but then even if I buy another house, I can't get preventive maintenance checks included in my coverage anymore. Even so, it’s been good to have Cross Country because I have used them quite a bit over the years since I’ve been here. Every experience has been good with them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Michael, "Thanks for sharing your warranty experience Judy. Thank you for choosing us as your warranty provider and that we were able to provide great service. Have an amazing weekend. - Austin

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have an open claim for my AC unit. I first placed the claim over a month ago. Still not repaired! Come to find out after years of paying for this service, the warranty doesn't cover most common issues. The companies within their network are substandard and try to band aid the issue without really fixing it. It is almost impossible to get through to a real person on the phone at Total Protect/CCHS. Even when you do, you will receive the same scripted comments without a resolution or be blindly transferred to another automated system. Best advice I can give is do not purchase this warranty! It is a waste of money!

Cross Country Home Services response

Michele, I’m sorry to hear that your claim did not go as you expected. Our records indicate that we provided two options for you and are awaiting your decision in order to proceed with the claim. We have provided a repair to the evaporator coil or cash allowance in lieu of the repair. If you’d like for a team member to reach out to you to discuss these options, please respond to this message and we will reach out to you. Respectfully, Christine

Original review: June 10, 2019

Sears Home Warranty Service uses this company as their backbone. (Therefore, avoid both). My personal experience thus far: I have an open ticket for a LG Refrigerator. They initially scheduled me for a full 2.5 weeks out. They never asked what brand/make/model, so this is an indicator that there was no intention of even attempting to arrive parts in hand. We had to call back and complain that the appointment, for a refrigerator, was way too far out. They were able, suddenly, to schedule someone for the following day. That tech arrived, was paid the $100 deductible, and, after 15 minutes stated our refrigerator was a ‘sealed system’ and could not be repaired. It would need to be replaced. He showed both my wife and I his online report as he clicked “send”.

In the matter of 2 hours, Countrywide called. They wanted to schedule a “second opinion by a licensed tech.” My first question: Was the first guy not licensed? Was it NOT “your guy?” Why do we need another one of “your guys” to say the same thing? Why do I need to take another day off?? Wait, it gets better. After those questions, the person stated they would just replace the refrigerator. I thought, wow, great! This was on Friday. The following Monday, I get a call from their “dispatch center.” The lady states: “It seems I cannot find a licensed repairperson to give us the second opinion, can you call around and find someone. Pay them their fee, send us the bill, I promise a check will be mailed in 7-10 business days.” (Now… who believes this???, I feel as though I just got an email from Nigeria saying I won the lottery.)

I proceed to explain: “I pay the $70/month, this is your job… I mean, when I order a Big Mac meal, I don’t give the cashier my money, then walk behind the counter and cook my own burger. Do your job.” I also point about the issues I brought previously. THE GUY THAT SHOWED UP last week, WAS your guy. Is he a liar? You don’t trust him? They hung up the phone. Not to be heard from again. Peace out.

Cross Country Home Services response

Collins, I'm sorry to hear about this experience, and would like for you to know that this is not the level of service we aim to provide our customers with. We’d like to speak with you directly to address your concerns. Please respond to this message with your full property address so we can locate your account, and the best time to reach you, and a member of our team will give you a call. Thank you, Austin

Original review: June 10, 2019

I used a different home warranty provider before and I wasn’t satisfied with them. Every time I called them, I couldn’t get through to talk to them. I got their recording all the time, and they never called me back. Cross Country is a lot better. Anytime I call in to make a claim, I talk with them and they’re Johnny-on-the-spot. Also, the technicians are great.

Cross Country Home Services response

Thomas, We aim to provide quick and efficient claim resolutions, and are delighted to hear we have been able to meet your home warranty needs. Thank you for sharing your experience! - Austin

Original review: June 9, 2019

There was a time when my dryer needed to be repaired and Cross Country Home took so long to repair it. There was some misunderstanding between them and the tech who came out to see what was wrong with it. The tech diagnosed that the dryer needed to be replaced but then Cross Country didn't wanna replace it. They found someone to come out to say that it could be repaired but then that took about a month. Still, the whole process of submitting a claim over the phone to them went great. Their coverage is a great deal and they cover everything. I recommend them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Leroy, We aim to provide excellent service, and we are excited to hear that you were pleased with your visit. Thanks for the kind words. – Austin

Original review: June 8, 2019

Cross Country Home Services is the best. My experience with my previous warranty was totally different. I'm very happy with Cross Country. I don't know how should I express my thanks and joy. When I submitted a claim, their reps were wonderful. I'm very satisfied.

Cross Country Home Services response

Thanks for sharing your warranty experience Juan. We thank you for choosing us as your warranty provider and that we were able to provide excellent service. - Austin

Original review: June 7, 2019

On 4/3/19 I call the home warranty department and decided I may not need the warranty anymore since I have not had to use it for neither property. The customer service agent advise me that he removed the auto renew but I was paid up until 5/2/19 and will be covered if I decide to change my mind, all I have to do is call back. My AC has went out in my home on 4/16/19, and the repair company (A Plus Heating & Air) was sent to check it on 5/18/19 and stated the heater cord needed to be replaced and that they observed my hot water heater leaking. I notified Sears about the hot water heater on 5/18/19 and 5/21/19 about my ceiling fan.

After the AC stopped working on 4/16/19 I decided I still needed the home warranty. So I would call multiple times a day to check the status of the part for the AC and check the status of my warranty being put back on auto renew. Each time that I would check I would be told, “Yes ma’am your contract is on auto renew. You're good to go." One day I called and learned that Sears decided to order a air handler instead because it was hard to locate a heater cord for a R-22. I also learned that I would have to pay out of pocket fees over $500 to be repaired. On Thursday 5/2/19 my contract was suppose to be auto renewed.

After checking my checking account on Friday 5/3/19 and noticing the payment wasn’t taken I called on the next business day Monday 5/6/19 to check the status of my contract auto renew and why the money wasn’t taken out on the 3rd. The customer service agent stated the auto renew switch wasn’t on so my contract was canceled. I explained to the customer service agent that I was advised several times that my contract was on auto renew when I would call to check the status of the part for my AC. She stated if you continue that contract I would have to pay for the month of April and May. I asked why would I have to do that when I was told I was covered until 5/2/19 because it was paid up. She then stated she can start the contract for today with the payment for May.

So I made the payment for both homes and asked if it would have an effect on my current claim for my AC that has not been resolved and she stated no because it was already filed. They replaced the air handler on 5/13/19 and the AC went back out again on 5/21/19. I called Sears to get them back out, and had to wait 2 days for them to come out again. Sears issued a recall claim and they came back on 5/23/19 and stated the compressor is gone out on the old unit outside and that this will be a new claim. I have called Sears a million times since 5/23/19 to escalate to a manager, and they gave me a BS story about placing me in a “queue” for a callback from a manager. And guess what? No one has called me back from Sears.

I was told several times that my claim has been denied because the contract is not activate until 6/5/19. After speaking with someone in the SHS HW Program who stated they will pay 25% on issue that occurs before the first 30 days and I will have to pay for labor and parts or I can wait until 6/5/19 and it will be covered. Meanwhile, the temperature in my home is at least 99 degrees each day. On 6/5/19 I submitted the claim and the technician from Sears was scheduled for 6/6/19. I received a call from the technician who asked what was going on. I told him about the steps that has been taken since my AC stop working on 4/16/19. He stated I don’t have to pay a new deductible because the company who replaced my air handler was supposed the replace the entire system and that why it’s not working. He stated he will notify Sears so this can be fixed.

I called several times on 6/6/19 to check the status and was told this was pre existing before the warranty for the effective date for the agreement. However, Sears was aware of the AC status due to a part being ordered to be repaired prior the renewal date or new contract date. This was also mention during the conversation with the customer service agent on 5/6/19 when I questioned about the auto renew contract payment not being withdrawn from my account. Then the AC was repaired on 5/13/19 which I had no control of when the part or services were delivered.

Then I spoke to a customer service agent who went above and beyond after listening to the issues, reading the notes and agreeing this should be covered but it's being denied and that someone dropped the ball somewhere. So this has been sent to a Manager who will look into this because it’s a lot going on with it and that I should be receiving a call from a Manager tomorrow 6/7/19. The downside? Old compressors using R-22 refrigerant will not be compatible with the indoor units paired with outdoor coils using R-410A. If you replace one, you have to replace both. R-22 refrigerant, R-410A does not contribute to ozone depletion. I regret ever signing up for their services because I still haven’t received my refund from the hot water heater replacement.

Cross Country Home Services response

Ornessa, I am sorry to hear of this experience, and have located your claim to see how we can help. Our records indicate that since leaving this review, we have approved the repairs to your air conditioner system. Once we have an update on the part order for the compressor, we will be in contact with you. In the meantime if you need assistance, please let us know and a member of our team will follow up with you directly. - Christine

Original review: June 4, 2019

Starting on January 15 2019 I called for service for my refrigerator not making ice. The serviceman came and replaced a part and said, "You should have by tomorrow." We did and thought that it was fixed, by January 27 no ice again. Another appointment scheduled and the serviceman gets to work and says, "You needed an electrical component and by tomorrow you will have ice." This repair lasted until 2/23/2019. Same problem, another service call again and then on 4/25/2019 and 4/28/2019 and 5/13/2019. The last serviceman called the warranty company to explain that due to improper diagnoses from previous repairs my refrigerator's insulation Was not working and moisture got into the metal skin and caused it to rust. This caused warm air to come into the unit and No Ice was made.

The warranty company said that insulation problems are not covered by the warranty, the unit is only 5 years old I told them and they said sorry insulation problems are not covered. The fact is that had the previous servicemen made a proper diagnosis instead of just replacing parts chances are that I would not have had all of these problems. I’m very disappointed and I have all of my appliances covered by this company too. If you can help please message me back and I will forward my contact information. Thanks. Doug **

Cross Country Home Services response

Doug, I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that your claim experience was not what you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items and conditions that may not be covered. If you would like for us to review your claim to ensure you received the full benefit of your policy, please respond to this message with your property address and a member of my team will investigate and follow up with you. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 3, 2019

We have been dealing with Sears/Cross Country since FEBRUARY 15. It clearly states in our contract that if it cannot be repaired it will be replaced. As of today 6/3 we still have had no resolution but rather a runaround. It was determined back in February that there is no part made to repair it. Countless phone calls and emails have not helped. We get the same scripted message that our situation has been escalated. Today we still have a fairly new microwave just sitting here and Sears continues to charge us each month for a warranty service that does not serve. We have been Sears customers for over 50 years so you can imagine what a disappointment this is to have them outsource to a company that will not to honor their warranty contract.

Cross Country Home Services response

Wayne, I am disappointed to hear this has been your experience, and would like to review your claim to see what is causing the delay in providing a resolution. We will follow up with you directly once our review is complete. Thanks, Angela

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had TotalProtect for years then they merged with Cross Country and since the merger, the customer service has been 300% better. When it was just TotalProtect, there were days that I would wait an hour to an hour and a half to speak with somebody. With Cross Country, I've never waited on the phone very long to get a customer service rep. Not only that, but there was a supervisor who called, wanting to make sure everything was okay and that our order turned out right. I was very impressed this time. But when the company switched over to Cross Country, the price of my coverage also went up about $15 a month. That was a little extreme and I ended up taking appliances out of my coverage.

I've used the warranty once since the merger and the guy they sent out was good. He called right away and was here when he was supposed to be here. He really wanted me to do another product but Cross Country' was better and financially it was better for me. But I was always under the impression from early on with TotalProtect and even with Cross Country that you pay your deductible and if they can't fix it then they replace it. In this case, I paid my deductible of $125 but I still had out-of-pocket expenses of about $750. That was a little more than I was expecting but it was still deal for what I got.

Cross Country Home Services response

Gary, Thank you for being a loyal customer. We value your feedback and will ensure it is provided within the organization for handling. Have a great day! - Amanda

Original review: May 21, 2019

Called to request service 4/24/19 due to HVAC not cooling. Sears repair came out but it just so happens the unit started back cooling. I explained that the unit does cool when the temperature gets higher. Service guy charged the filter and stated that I should keep the thermostat on 75. He did not find any major issue. Well 7 days later the unit stopped cooling again. I called in a follow-up service due to the HVAC not cooling. The customer service rep assured me that I did not have to pay the deductible within 180 days of the first service if the same issue persisted. It took the vendor 3 weeks to finally come by.

Once he finished his service he asked for the deductible since his service request did not state recall work. I called customer service. They confirmed it was a recall and asked us to call the authorization department. The representative stated the service was a recall however, since the first service did not find a system failure I would have to pay the deductible again. Makes no sense if the first vendor misdiagnosed and the issue persisted. I am ready to call it quits with this company.

Cross Country Home Services response

Patricia, I’m sorry to hear this has been your experience. As with all warranties, there are certain policies and procedures when placing a recall which must be met in order to waive the deductible. In this instance since there was a new failure identified, it was not considered a recall. We regret any misunderstanding of our recall policy. Respectfully, Austin

Original review: May 16, 2019

I filed my first claim on my air conditioner because it was not working. It took over for weeks for them to get somebody out here to look at the unit. After that I waited another two weeks for them to tell me I was turned down for repairs because the provider said that the unit had not been taken care of and was leaking for over 5 years. I have receipts on repairs that I've had done to my AC unit. My unit has worked fine until this summer when I fired it up and nothing but hot air came out. The provider said that the unit's condenser core was leaking and needed to be replaced because of the age and availability of parts. And the home warranty company told me that they would not cover it because of neglect. To me this is fraud because I know my unit has since I've owned this home. I would not recommend this company to anybody not even my worst enemy.

Cross Country Home Services response

David, We appreciate your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that your claim experience was not what you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items and conditions which may not be covered by your warranty. Your warranty addresses mechanical failures due to normal wear and tear within your contract term. Our records indicate that you have informed us that you have added Freon for quite some time now and this failure has occurred prior to your effective date. This information can be found in the terms and conditions of your warranty booklet that was mailed to you upon enrollment. We regret any confusion or misunderstanding which occurred. Respectfully, Austin

Cross Country Home Services coverage exclusions

Cross Country Home Warranty Services are designed to cover the mechanical breakdown of common household appliances and systems due to normal wear and tear. The warranty doesn’t extend to cover breakdowns due to misuse, abuse or manufacturer defect. The warranty also won’t cover damage due to acts of God, like a fire or natural disaster.

Your contract will provide a list of which parts of each covered appliance and system are excluded from coverage. For example, CCHS covers central vacuum systems as part of their combo plan. This coverage includes coverage for the system’s motor, relay, switches and wiring, but their contract specifies that it does not cover attachments, hoses, handles, knobs, panels and/or cabinetry. You can find a full list of exclusions via Cross Country Home Services sample contract.

Cross Country Home Services coverage limits

There is no maximum on the coverage limits or payouts for repairs or replacements for covered appliances or systems, although there may be a dollar amount limit restriction on certain items. The dollar amount limits they do set are pretty generous.

ItemCCHS Coverage Limit
Outside gas line$2,000
Outside sewer line$3,000
Outside water line$2,000

Cross Country Home Services claims

When you notice an appliance or system isn’t functioning properly, contact CCHS right away to file a claim and get service scheduled. To request service from Cross Country Home Services:

1. Call the service number or request service online.
  2. CCHS will provide a referral to one of their approved contractors within two hours (24 hours if your request is submitted outside of business hours).
  3. Schedule your service.
  4. Pay the contractor your service call fee at the time work is performed.

Cross Country Home Services backs their service contractors’ work with a 180-day workmanship guarantee. If you experience the same issue with your repaired item within that time, CCHS will cover the cost of another repair at no additional charge (or service call fee) to you.

Cross Country Home Services FAQ

Is a home inspection required to get a Cross Country Home Services warranty?
No. No inspection is required.
Are Cross Country Home Services and TotalProtect Home Warranty the same?
Cross Country Home Services is the parent company of both TotalProtect and HMS Home Warranty. Services and prices may vary between the three.
Is there a cancellation fee for Cross Country Home Services?
Yes, there is a $25 processing fee applied to cancelling service with CCHS after the 30 days waiting period. There is also a 10 percent per month fee, which will also be applied to your refund after the waiting period. There is no fee if you cancel within the 30 days window.

Is Cross Country Home Services worth it?

There are several aspects of Cross Country Home Services warranties that set them apart from competitors. Their decades of experience, combined with numerous awards and a nationwide network with pre-approved service technicians, show the company’s dedication to reliability. The coverage for unknown pre-existing conditions, three plan options and 180-day workmanship guarantee make them a top choice in home warranty providers.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information