Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Craftsman Tools Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have used these tools for 35 years! They are sturdy and dependable and the warranty can't be beat! If one breaks it's replaced for free! Craftsman Tools will always be my number one go to tool! I live in a small town so the only drawback is that I have to travel at least forty miles to purchase Craftsman Tools or I do have the option of ordering online....but who wants to wait, right?! I've always enjoyed my toolbox full of Craftsman Tools!

Original review: July 8, 2019

So far my Craftsman products are working well. I also recently bought a new battery-start lawnmower and I really like it. (I did buy the warranty for 5 years as a precaution, since Sears is scaling back stores and sometimes their reputation is not always great.) There are some design flaws, but it starts right up and cuts the grass exactly as I would like. I have some Craftsman power tools that I regularly use and am pleased as well.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Brand has been around for years and years. Guarantee is still great but the only thing I'm finding is that there hasn't been much new and or improved tooling coming out from them. Could it be a result of the dire straits Sears is in? I see that they've been purchased by Lowe's, so maybe in a year or so they'll start reintroducing new tooling and or bringing back some of the old stalwarts that made them #1.

Original review: June 30, 2019

This name brand is the only brand I know to trust. My father was a master carpenter and built many a quality homes with Craftsman tools. Since I was a child I knew my tree house, and home was built with Craftsman quality tools. That was 27 years ago, and the very same tools still deliver the very same quality service, and reliability.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have been using Craftsman for almost 20 years now. My father used Craftsman as well. The quality is amazing, and so are the prices. Great looking products, a huge variety to choose from as well. I like that I can walk into a Sears, check out the products and touch them in person before deciding on purchasing. I definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I purchased a shed which was delivered on time and without incident. It went on sale a week later for $100 less, so I called customer service regarding their price protection. First person - routed out of country - assured me the problem would be resolved, until I realized he was ordering me another shed and expected me to return the one I'd already built. Transferred then Disconnected.

Called back, and this person assured me I would be credited but... Oddly her computer wasn't working and would have to have the "manual input people" call me back. 30 more minutes wasted. Surprisingly, no one called me back, so I called again today and spoke to another out of country center and was told I couldn't receive the price protection because the item on sale was online only, even though I purchased my shed, you guessed it, online. Asked for a manager but wouldn't you know it he was on a call but would be certain to call me back. Mhm. I firmly believe their claim of price protection is for show only in order to complete with Amazon, who by the way I've never had an issue with in regards to customer service. They've always been amazing and will be receiving my business going forward instead of Sears.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

The wireless buttons work correctly but the permanently wired button works about half of the time. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern of when it will work and when it won't. I've checked the circuit and it's fine. There's nothing in the manual about this and you can only call them during banker's hours.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We purchased a Sears Craftsman 8100 Garden Tractor. We had issues with it not starting. I contacted warranty service repair, took the day off work, and they were a no show, with no call, nothing. I called Sears, spent hours going thru phone menus, and being forwarded to more menus. Well, day 2... a no show so far with no return call from the repair service as promised. I will never do business with Sears. I paid good money for a warranty, lost a days wages, and now possibly two, still waiting on scheduled repairman or at least a call.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased this unit sometime in 2017-18 at Sears Hardware and Easton, PA 18042-1768 (now closed). It worked great until August 2018. I returned it since the motor stopped working & received a replacement. The replacement stopped running in May 2019 & Sears had no record of my original purchase or replacement sales slip. I was lucky to have found mine, but, haven't heard from Sears since I contacted them. All I want is a refund or a replacement unit since obviously this unit has defective motors.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have bin a Craftsman customer for over 40 years when my string trimmer stopped running (has no compression). I was given the runaround for 3 days, given several phone numbers to call, received 2 emails with 2 case numbers and finally on the third day after 45 min. on the phone was told by Michelle that the warranty is the warranty. Nothing they can do. I will never buy from Sears again. They do not value customers at all.

Sears expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Craftsman makes and sells tools, work gear and lawn and garden equipment. Craftsman makes a variety of single-, dual- and triple-stage snow blowers. Craftsman snow blowers are available online and at Sears.

• Craftsman 40V Brushless Snow Blower: The Craftsman 40V Brushless Snow Blower uses a 40 V electric motor to give you the power of a gas-powered blower with a battery-powered model. It has a 20-inch clearing width and an intake height of 10 inches.

• Craftsman Quiet Snow Blower: The Craftsman Quiet is a gas-powered snow blower made to have a quieter 208cc engine than most in its class. It has a 26-inch clearing width and a 21-inch intake height.

• Craftsman Pro series: Craftsman’s heavy duty, gas-powered Pro series of snow blowers have clearing widths ranging from 24-34 inches. They are available in both dual- or three-stage models.

• Dual-stage tractor snow blower: Craftsman’s tractor-mounted snow blower has an intake height of 21 inches and a clearing path of 42 inches. These can fit tractors or mowers for removing snow from larger areas.

• Craftsman snow cab: If you are turning a tractor or mower into a snow blower, you can cover the driver’s seat with the snow cab. The snow cab covers the driver and protects them from snow and ice.

• Best for: homeowners with small or large lawns.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Sears Craftsman Tools Company Information