1.22/5
Based on 76 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Sears Craftsman Tools

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

103 Sears Craftsman Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Why is all of your products now junk?? I don't own one piece of Craftsman anything that is worth a damn. This chainsaw I have is such ** I am going to set it on fire and video it because it is such a piece of **. It has left me stranded on a job more than once. When I need the saw to run, it doesn't matter how many times I pull the cord or use choke/primer combinations, it won't start two times in a row. Junk junk junk. As I sit here at a customer's house with a tree half cut down, about to pass out from pulling the cord ten thousand times, I want to break the saw into little pieces in your engineer's shop. It's stupid that this day and age, a basic engine can't be made to start on the first, second, or even third pull. This is why people don't buy your crap anymore.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

During April 2015, I purchased a Sears Craftsman lawn tractor mower for my home. I purchased it at my local Sears Department store for approximately $1,907.13; the product came with a 2-yr protection agreement. Sadly, after acquiring the riding mower, I immediately started encountering issues with the mower. Specifically, the transaxle (transmission) of the mower failed. As part of having the repair protection service agreement, I was confident that the mower would be fixed to satisfaction and the problem would be resolved. As a result, I initiated more than 4 separate service requests to have the riding tractor's transmission fixed. It has been documented that the mower's transmission has failed on 4 occasions, whereas, the Sears technician had to order 4 new transmissions to put in the mower and it is still faulty as the mower continues to have problems.

In the process, Sears has offered me with an additional 6 month extension on my repair warranty agreement to ensure the problem is no longer present. Unfortunately, the mower is still faulty as of today. Additionally, I have made repeated contacts with customer service, Sears Customer Solutions Department, Corporate Office, and letters/emails to Sears to voice my concerns and to rectify the problem over the last year and a half.

In simplest terms, I am at a complete loss. My warranty expires in October 2017 and I am going to be literally “stuck” with a known defective product. Over my years of owning lawn equipment, I have never encountered such an all around bad product. I am tired of being inconvenienced with this defective mower. I refuse to take another day off work unpaid to deal with the technicians and to spend multiple hours over the phone to address the faulty mower because my history has proven that the equipment does not represent a quality unit, but an unreliable unit which has cost myself with an immense amount of time, effort, inconvenience, and more important, money.

I truly believe that my mower is a faulty unit for which I strongly believe to be a “lemon” unit. As of today, Sears has refused to replace the item even after the technician has deemed that the costs incurred to repair the item has exceeded the initial purchase of the mower. The technician also expressed his opinion that the unit should be replaced. Sears wants to keep attempting to repair a product and not do what's reasonable and that's to replace the faulty item. I am infuriated!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 2, 2017
    Despicable Manufacturer. The part in question is Part #** made by Craftsman. A part that tho' made by one manufacturer, is the same part that appears in many different brand name scroll and table saws. This part is referred to by name as a "Link Arm" And it is no longer made. Nor can one be found as a replacement part.

For the one on my scroll saw broke at one end made of all things; PLASTIC.

When speaking with a Sears rep. on the phone I remarked of how I could always purchase one of many such scroll saws still on the shelves. And all containing the one part that is going to break and can never be replaced. I actually said that what I had was now Garbage. Much like how Gru in the movie Despicable Me says about the bedtime reading material The Three Little Kittens. "Garbage". I'm trying to repair it with of all things: Duck Tape. I make Cigar Box Guitars and this was, Was, was a perfect tool. I am posting the experience in photos on Instagram, hashtags and all.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Today, 8/24/17, I went to Sears to get a replacement torque wrench for the one I bought 10-15 years ago that didn't work. I was told that that particular model did not have a lifetime warranty, only the cheaper models were lifetime and they would me for the cheaper unreliable model for mine. When I bought mine the "selected" tools didn't have "lifetime" on them, the lifetime warranties were implied. WARNING: Do not buy Craftsman Tools assuming they have a lifetime warranty! Buy Snap-on instead.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I purchased the Craftsman T3500 54" deck with the 24 go V twin Briggs on it in Gainesville Ga on June 9th 2017. It is August 12th 2017 and the belt keeps slipping off the pulleys and when it engages it feels and sounds terrible. I contacted the Craftsman mower dept and was told it would be 3 weeks for someone to be out. This was an expensive purchase for me to make. I should've listened to dad and bought the cub cadet. I wish I could rate it at no stars. I will NEVER step foot in Sears again nor refer my worst enemy there for a mower. I have a payment to make regardless if it runs or not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought a lawn mower tractor from Sears in October 2008 for about $7,000. I also bought the Protection Agreement, which promises they would fix or replace the tractor if it's broken. We used it once before winter started, then when we tried to use it again in the spring there were issues with the tire and the battery. These problems still continue today. When we called the Protection Agreement services when the tractor began to act up again, they gave us window from 8am-5pm. They didn't show up. we had to reschedule for the next day. They do this every time we have an appointment, and I keep losing work days because of this.

Last time we called, August 2017, the technician said we have a red flag in our account. He stated they're not allowed to fix our tractor anymore, because "we exceeded our money limit", which the contract doesn't state we have a limit to the price of the repairs. We haven't fixed the tractor since September of 2016. The workers would order thing they never used. We're confused where all the money went. The tech told us he would call his supervisor to allow them to fix the tractor, but no one ever showed up to the appointment.

When we Customer Service, they stated we "abused the tractor" and that broke the Protection Agreement. They consider abuse as running over a rock or a tree branch, and so on. They are making us cancel the Protection Agreement, after paying for it for the past 9 years. The customer service said the only option we has has to call back to cancel the agreement. I'm beyond upset and dissatisfied with Sears. The tractor cost about $7,000 and the PA agreement cost about $6,000. What's the point of paying all of that just to told I'm not going to get what I paid for?

Original review: July 28, 2017

I joined Consumer Affairs after researching a problem I was having getting Sears to honor their parts warranty on a garage door opener I bought. They, of course, say they need to charge me 90 dollars for a technician to come out and refuse to send me the parts (and also want to sign me up for a 50 dollar a month home warranty). This is the second time in two years I've had to deal with the transfers, hang ups, lies, etc because of their lemon of a garage door opener. I thought you may appreciate some information.

What Sears is doing is a practice banned by the consumer protection act. It is called "prohibited tying". Read more in this link **. Did you further know that your state's attorney general will have a consumer protection department there to advocate and enforce said federal law? Feel free to call them up or submit a complaint to them online. It's sad that previously good names like Sears, Craftsman, and now Black and Decker can be abused to the extent they have by the current band of psychopaths and crooks. Make sure to mark this as helpful so it's the first thing people see!

Original review: May 19, 2017

In 10/16 I purchased a spare chainsaw chain for my Craftsman Chain Saw. The purchase was to provide me a spare chain for my saw, in case I was in the middle of nowhere and need a replacement while using the saw. With the spare part I would not have to make a special trip to purchase one. When I bought the spare chain, it was provided to me by a salesperson who told me the chain would fit my saw. On May 17, 2017 I attempted to replace the old chain with the replacement I had bought. At this time I discovered the chain provided to me by the salesperson would not fit my saw. Since the spare chain was new in the box and had never been used, I attempted to return the spare chain in order to exchange it for the correct part. The part I was returning was still in inventory at Sears.

Even though I had my receipt, I was told by a sales clerk and Store Manager Jean ** (Citrus Park Mall, Tampa, FL) that since my purchase was over their 30 day return policy nothing could be done. They would not exchange the part even though it was still in stock at their store. I tried to explain I have been a customer since 1972, having purchased thousands of dollars at Sears in appliances, tools, paint, power equipment and household goods. I was told it did not matter what previous relation I had with Sears, since the purchase was over 30 days, there would be no refund or exchange. I advised the store manager I wanted to speak to the Sears Tampa area manager for customer service. I was given a 800-549-4505 number to Customer Relations.

Upon calling I spoke to a "Case Manager" who read a spiel sheet, telling me nothing could be done because the original purchase was over their 30 day return limit. This "case manager" was no more than a warm body to defuse and block a customer from speaking to a Manager who had any authority to deal in a customer relations problem. So based upon this encounter with Sears employees and their store manager, I have decided to mark Sears off my shopping designation and solicit those merchants who have flexibility in dealing with loyal customers in manners such as this. No wonder Sears is in such perilous times with their falling sales and market share, when they have such asinine policies. One thing about it, Sears will not have to worry about me spending my money with them anymore.

Original review: May 11, 2017

We have a 4 year old Sears craftsman tractor... It needed a tune up. We had to talk on the phone to the gd Philippines for 1/2 half hour and the soonest they could make the repair was 6 weeks away!! Sears craftsman has turned into Sears **!! Go elsewhere!!! I will never purchase any product from them again!! Buy from a dealer that services your product!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

My sons and I bought a new Sears Craftsman riding mower 42 April 29, 2016. It run good for about 4 hours on it then it would start galloping up and down the engine racing. Then it would stall and can't start. Today makes 6 times we have had a repairman come out. He has replaced the gas tank, carburetor x2, fuel filters 4 times, spark plug, new gas, the list goes on. I paid 1600 for this which I am still paying on and can't use it. The service tech said he would have to come back in the spring because it is getting cold here. Well duh...it's Maine. I told him he better come back with a new mower or else. I'm contacting Sears and will keep emailing and calling them until I get satisfaction. This is sickening. We had a Poulan pro from Sears for 20 yrs and had no problems. Sears needs to get off their butts and figure out what is going wrong with this type mower.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I have called both Sears and the Craftsman line for products problems. First time earlier this year it was on a Craftsman 20-inch floor fan that the black box next the motor broke off and caused the fan to not function anymore. This happened just over the year warranty of course and I was not offered anything to have it fix. So paying $60 for a year's worth of a fan was a waste. Lesson learn. I placed a review about this issue about this fan on the Sears website and they never posted it. I have seen the complaint of the box breaking off from other reviewers.

Another experience is a Craftsman electrical extension cord I bought last year also burned out on one end. I again called Sears and was forwarded to Craftsman who said they could not help me because the cords are covered for 30 days. So just to let consumers know that Sears will not help you if a product they are selling malfunctions and Craftsman will tell you their products are basically only expected to last 30 days to year. I have found that Home Depot has given me great customer service with any defective products and or returns. Home Depot has the same products and will work with you instead of just taking your money and not standing by their products.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Purchased 1/2" torque wrench model 31425 from Sears 13 months ago. Torque wrench will not lock into place to tighten or loosen. Returned to Sears for exchange only to be told that Craftsman torque wrenches only have a one year warranty. Also told that if I did not have my purchase receipt that there was nothing they could do so, I am out eight dollars. I always thought that Craftsman tools were top of the line. Guess I was wrong. Be careful when you purchase any Craftsman tools. Ask questions about warranty and what is required to return or replace. Hopefully this review will help someone avoid the problems that I have encountered with Craftsman torque wrenches.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

46" Craftsman Riding Mower - I guess you can't expect much out of Sears/Kmart nowadays. I purchased another mower to replace a 10 year old craftsman model. The hydrostatic tranny was leaking grease out both axles within 60 days. It took another 60 days to get a sears technician to look at the mower, and another month or so for them to change the tranny out under warranty. That was last year. Halfway through this year, I was mowing along and mower slowed. I tried to speed back up, but trans handle collar had jumped off the bracket underneath. Put it back on. Jumped off again. The bracket, I assume should move easily, is very tight and won't hardly move. Seems transmission is going out again. The thing is only two years old. My last Craftsman I'm afraid. AYP be damned.

Btw, someone wrote above about Craftsman riding mower not starting. I had issue with mine, usually harder to start the longer it sat. If it wasn't used in a couple of weeks, the battery would die before it would crank. If you have this issue, check that the choke is adjusted properly. At full choke, choke should be fully closed. I had to adjust mine from Kohler. It was open approx 3/16 in. Go figure. What a pile of **. I think I'll spend twice as much next time and get a real mower, something that will hopefully last and I don't have to work on before and during mowing.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

Craftsman Pro Series Yard Tractor 7400 is junk. Now have 79 hours on this yard tractor/riding mower. Multiple problems noticed including cheap blades, and now it will not move. Purchased at Sears yet they can't give you good suggestions on how to fix it. Now waiting two weeks for service rep to fix it. Sears refuses to make better blades. Do not buy this product, it is expensive and it is a waste of your money.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I bought a Craftsman Model 917.28851 42" tractor with 21 HP Electric Start, Automatic Transmission. I bought this piece of junk in March 2011. It has never worked correctly. Thank God I bought the 5-year warranty because all the work that has been done to it. It has never cut smoothly, EVER. Tried new blades. Had Sears out to fix it numerous times. July 2013 we had to have the head gasket replaced along with other work. November they totally replaced the engine and put a new mower deck on. Cut a little better but still not smooth. Blowing smoke and hot oil all over my lawn and killed a lot of grass. May 2015 they had to tighten the engine, ALSO replace a cracked head as well as replace another head gasket. Transmission was not working really good but they did nothing about that at all.

I complained and they allowed me to purchase another 3 months of warranty which expired a month ago. Well today it totally stopped, engine runs but the transmission is shot. Will not move. Unbelievable. I cannot believe what a piece of junk this has been since day one. I will NEVER buy another Craftsman product. I am looking for a new furnace and Sears called me, I told them no way in... Buyer Beware of this product. This is the first time I have ever written a complaint like this but I will spread the word about Craftsman as long and far as I can.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

Bought two (2) 4 cycle weed eaters at a cost of over $200.00 each. One for my house in Washington and one for my house in Ohio. BOTH have had to be repaired three times. The bearing go out easily and the engine bogs down frequently. You also have to stop and remove the weeds from the shaft every two feet, makes for a long day of trimming. I have tried talking to Sears customer service (three times), each time with someone who doesn't speak and or understand English very well. When I ask to talk with a supervisor, I am disconnected... So I'm done with Sears and Craftsman products. My money will be spent better elsewhere and so will yours.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I purchased the Craftsman 12.5HP rear Engine Riding Mower at the Crystal Lake Il Sears store in 2012. I needed a small riding mower to maneuver around in my yard so I can maintain my lawn. I can no longer walk any distances and this mower appeared to be best suited for my needs. Since I have had this mower, I have had to require Sears Service Techs come to my home and repair it over 8 times as it fails to start way too many times. Sears has also replaced the mower engine because of the difficulties.

I again am awaiting Sears to come on August 4th, 2016 as the mower is not starting again. I have had to purchase an extended warranty package because of the mower failures. Now I find that Sears has discontinued this product. I am seeking replacement of this mower with a comparable make and model. Please respond.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Purchased a GT6000 Garden Tractor in September, 2012. In 2015 one of the mower deck mounts began to crack. Knowing it was out of warranty I had it welded. This season the other mount completely broke loose. Mower deck dangling. Upon taking it to be welded the repair tech. noticed I had a crack on one side of my frame and the other side was completely broken in two. I called Sears for customer care. After a lengthy conversation I finally got the young lady to schedule an appt. The tech arrived almost 2 weeks later. After examining the frame, he took pictures, sent them to his supervisor and then another supervisor. The tech said they should replace it. But the 2nd supervisor said due to my having it repaired it voided the 5-year warranty on the frame. What 5-year warranty? I was not aware of this warranty. Nor was I informed of this warranty.

They instructed me to contact Sears Solutions. Ever tried to call these guys??? After 3 calls... Being on hold forever and decided to go with the email route. Sent in my detailed story... That was almost 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting. So today I called the number again and decided to just sit and wait. I actually did some work while holding. Finally got through. Explained the situation again. The young lady who I am sure only reads from a manual apologized and said "Let me talk with my manager." She came back and said they could not do anything except offer me a 20% discount on another tractor if I wanted to buy another! Seriously??? Why am I punished because I repaired their failed quality so I could continue to work with the product they sold me? And this was not a pulley or steering rod that went bad... The frame broke in two!!!

So I informed them I would write as many reviews on this tractor as I possibly could! I would not recommend the GT6000 or any Garden Tractor from Sears to anyone. I have traded with Sears a great deal over the years but never have I been so disappointed as I am with this tractor. And now I am stuck with a faulty product that is weak in structure! I purchased the GARDEN TRACTOR instead of just a lawn tractor so I would have a tractor with more durability to cut 3 acres!! Oh well... So goes the cycle of build it cheap and sell it high! After reading other reviews I see I am not alone in this. Sadly many others have the same issues!

Original review: June 24, 2016

My wife purchased a Craftsman self-propelled mower along with the extended warranty from the Greensburg, PA Sears against my better judgement. (Bad experiences in the past). Not even a year old now the mower blew out smoke and oil. Called Sears and was transferred to lawn and garden. Calls not answered on three separate occasions. Spoke with a manager on the fourth call and was assured lawn and garden would return my call within one half hour. Never happened! I loaded the mower in my truck and went to the store where I was told I would have to transport the mower to their repair contractor which was one hour away. ONE WAY. This equates to four hours in round trips. Told them I would not do that. I would take the mower to the junkyard and come home and write a bad review everywhere I could.

They then informed me if I take the mower to the Uniontown, PA Sears my mower would be shuttled to the repair shop. So this is what I did. After signing my mower over to Sears I was told it would be a minimum of 3 weeks to get it back. IT'S JUNE! So I have to watch my grass grow for a minimum of 3 weeks because this is how Sears disrespects their customers. Now we'll wait to see how the repair goes if I even see the $400.00 mower back. It went to Maryland for repairs. Sears in Greensburg had very few customers at 2pm, Uniontown Sears had even less at 3:30pm. No wonder.

My word of advice thru experiences is don't waste your time or money by shopping at Sears. Looking at two stores volume of consumers I think most of the country is catching on to Sears poor business practices. I'm not a person who likes to sit and write bad reviews but Sears sure work hard for theirs. Never again will I walk into a Sears store or look at their website. Too bad, Sears was once a good company with quality merchandise and service. Seems as though they changed their mission statement to selling inferior product that we will not stand behind and milking every dollar from the public by promising everything and delivering on nothing. JUST SAY NO TO SEARS!

Original review: June 8, 2016

Craftsman tractor 2 years old. There is grease all over inside of rear wheels and after checking into it, the rear transaxle cannot be serviced. Transaxle has to be replaced 1/2 the price of the tractor. Not worth fixing and shouldn't have to on a tractor that's not even 2 years old yet.

Original review: May 24, 2016

In spring 2015 bought craftsman push mower. Had to take it back due to it quit on me. Opened the gas cap and the gas was boiling. Took it back and was giving a new one. This one quit mowing also. Took it back and was giving another mower. Should of gotten money back. Mower quits after a couple of hours and will not start. I have never had gas boiling or had so much problem with any other brand as with a craftsman and the motor is made in the USA. Have a old cheap not propelled mower and it starts better than the mower I bought in 2015. There is too many bad products out there and no one is fixing it.

Original review: May 9, 2016

We purchased a brand new lawn tractor (Sears Craftsman). With only two hours on the motor, the engine quit. We had to wait 3 weeks for a technician. Now we have about 7 hours on the mower and the push rod went through the engine. Another 3 week wait just to have the tech tell us, "The engine is broken". Of course, they carry no parts and no spare motors. Customer service will NOT allow you to speak to the tech on the phone before he comes. Twice he was a no-show. Calling customer service is frustrating, time consuming, and requires a great deal of patience. Growing up, Sears was absolutely rock-solidly dependable. You could not outlive your products. What happened? The products are poorly built and the customer service reps are inept. I will never buy Sears again.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I purchased a set of Craftsman locking pliers and found them to be a poorly made product. I must admit that I took them back to my local store and they did refund me. I am satisfied with the support of my local store. My complaint is that I have always thought that Craftsman tools were made in the USA. They are not and that frustrates me. I bought Craftsman thinking that I was being a patriot. The pliers were a joke and the quality showed what some foreign companies are doing to the American consumer in my opinion.

Also, I purchased a tool set with a case to carry the tools and I found that the cheap plastic container was not waterproof in the rain. I went back the next day to resume work in the field, only to find my tools were rusted in the container that they came in. I did purchase more tools to replace some of the rusted ones thinking the whole time that I was supporting the good ole USA. I just found out today that the tools are an inferior set of tools, compared to a set that I thought I was purchasing. I would and will pay more for a product made in the USA from now on.

Original review: May 2, 2016

19.2 volt cordless drill or any 19.2 volt tools by craftsman. I used to buy the cordless tools at least 2 at a time just because I could get them for my employees at a good price and they were worthy of being called craftsman grade. I used to replace them due to loss or theft more than for inability to perform tasks. Now I find I replace for inability to perform. Yes the batteries are smaller but so are the drills and their ability to be craftsmen grade. I wish I could leave a 0 star mark on this company that went from craftsman to crapsman. People if you are looking for a quality tool that will last for years and you plan on using on a regular basis please look for a better place than Sears and step up to a Rigid or Milwaukee but Craftsman should not be on your list of possibilities.

Original review: April 29, 2016

I was at Sears last night in Kingston NY and I wanted to return a tool that broke. One person in the whole store working there where 5 people waiting to be cashed out. That store has went downhill. I waited in line for 35 min. That shouldn't happen.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Craftsman tools are guaranteed for life. That's why they command a premium cost. I took an 8mm ratcheting wrench into the store I bought it from few years previous. First off it took almost 15 mins for the ONLY customer service attendant to free up to speak to me. Then another 15 for him to tell me his manager wouldn't allow him to break up a set to replace my tool. So they TRIED to call other stores to see if they had one available. Out of the 3 they called two said they did not and third just rang and rang. So I now having spent near hour at the store to replace a simple tool THAT THEY HAD in a set... I left with manager names and district manager contact info. For what it's worth case number quoted was **. Called district manager number and was patched through to a third world operator who informed me that the system was down and took my contact info on paper, claiming to return my call within 24 hours.

Days later I called again and no info was entered. So I gave info to another person who barely spoke english who claimed to be entering an "escalated issue" claim and swore to be sending me $60 in gift cards for my time and that a person from the customer service corporate dept would be calling me within 48 hours. That was last week!!!

Original review: March 1, 2016

Well, it seems as though I'm finally done with Sears. I really tried to hang in there but their store isn't what it used to be. It appears Sears is no longer an American company. I cannot buy my sockets and tools there anymore because they are Chinese now. And when I call to try and see if I can buy American sockets and tools I have a hard time understanding what they are saying and they don't know at all what I'm talking about. It appears they have also outsourced their call centers too. I have a feeling many others share this same sentiment and are very disappointed at what Sears has become.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I bought a Craftsman wet/dry vac in 2014 for black friday from Sears located on Crosstimbers in Houston, Texas. It's been a year and some months that I have enjoyed it but now the on/off switch has stopped working. After many calls to craftsman, visits to several different Sears stores in an attempt to have it repaired, no one can help me. They won't even give me a price to fix it because they can't find my name. Screw finding my information, I need my vac fixed and am willing to pay for it but all they can offer is for me to buy a new one. What happened to customer service and lifetime warranty? I will never buy this brand again and will make sure everyone knows how unprofessional craftsman is.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

Purchased a 33 in, Craftsman snow blower from Sears Sale price $1,798.99. regular price, $2,399.99. E-mailed a question, why the price drop was so deep... Sears replied, it was on sale Taken in by Sears advertisement "FREE SHIPPING, EASY RETURNS TO ALMOST ANYWHERE IN CANADA." I am eighty years old with a permanent torn rotator cuff and was looking for something that would be easy to use. The details suit my needs and I put in my order. After taking my details I was told it would cost me an extra $900.00 for delivery. I cancelled that order. I learned that they will deliver to Sears in Beausejour MB.

I replaced my order and gave my charge no. The new price jumped to $2237.39. I paid for the delivery only to find the blower came with a flat tire the auger made a bad sound but then stopped and seem to work fine. The delivery person said it must be dried paint. Very little snow at the time, the blower was placed into the garage until the next snow fall. Two weeks later, approx. twenty minutes of use, the belt broke and shredded. I bought another belt... approx. ten minutes, the belt shredded... purchased another belt... it shredded. A combined total of use on a new machine approx. forty minutes and three damaged belts.

Called Sears and told them the problem... they said I should have returned within ten days of purchase, that was their policy, a policy designed to fail. I was told to contact the manufacturer... back to Sears then back to the manufacturer who gave a service no. but he won't come out because it is out his comfort zone!!! I was told it would cost me five hundred each trip. I called Sears again, too many times to count... talked to "Nimil" Feb. 20/16, he told me he would look after this personally and would call me back by eleven a.m.

I'm still waiting, being tossed back and forth from Sears to the manufacturer. If I saw the physical machine, read the details, and asked the questions in person, that would make a difference. BUT I bought online a product that I believed to be from a reputable co. and all details advertised as truth. Sears made the choice for me and sent me a faulty and useless machine that has no service available unless I pay for a sixty-mile delivery charge. Free delivery - a lie... easy returns, a lie. Promise of all the above services are designed to lure trusting fools like me. With only forty minutes of use I am stuck with a useless machine and a loss of $2,237.38. Scam or collusion???

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

I paid $720 Craftsman snowblower (Sears brand) plus 3 year extended warranty. The snowblower worked once in February 2014. The same year, next winter season the snowblower would not start (2014-2015 worst snow season in NY). I waited weeks for Sears home service tech to come and tell me the new snowblower needs a new carburetor (less than a year old). I waited a few more weeks for them to come and install it. By that time, the snow season was over and I shoveled while the snowblower sat in the garage. This winter season I took out the snowblower with the first snow in January, and lo and behold, it did not start again.

I called home service and after speaking to several individuals and waiting several weeks for a technician to come and tell me I need a NEW carburetor AGAIN. I am now waiting, scheduling repair appointments where the technician does not show up. So to date, my expensive snow blower that is less than 2 years old and has not worked after the first use, is warrantied, keeps needing new carburetors and they refuse to replace it. I believe they will continue stalling until my 3-year warranty that is worthless, expires. I would advise consumers to beware of Sears. It may have once been a reputable company with good products, but I have changed my mind and will not spend any more money there.

Sears Craftsman Tools Company Information