Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

149 Sears Craftsman Tools Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have used these tools for 35 years! They are sturdy and dependable and the warranty can't be beat! If one breaks it's replaced for free! Craftsman Tools will always be my number one go to tool! I live in a small town so the only drawback is that I have to travel at least forty miles to purchase Craftsman Tools or I do have the option of ordering online....but who wants to wait, right?! I've always enjoyed my toolbox full of Craftsman Tools!

Original review: July 8, 2019

So far my Craftsman products are working well. I also recently bought a new battery-start lawnmower and I really like it. (I did buy the warranty for 5 years as a precaution, since Sears is scaling back stores and sometimes their reputation is not always great.) There are some design flaws, but it starts right up and cuts the grass exactly as I would like. I have some Craftsman power tools that I regularly use and am pleased as well.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Brand has been around for years and years. Guarantee is still great but the only thing I'm finding is that there hasn't been much new and or improved tooling coming out from them. Could it be a result of the dire straits Sears is in? I see that they've been purchased by Lowe's, so maybe in a year or so they'll start reintroducing new tooling and or bringing back some of the old stalwarts that made them #1.

Original review: June 30, 2019

This name brand is the only brand I know to trust. My father was a master carpenter and built many a quality homes with Craftsman tools. Since I was a child I knew my tree house, and home was built with Craftsman quality tools. That was 27 years ago, and the very same tools still deliver the very same quality service, and reliability.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have been using Craftsman for almost 20 years now. My father used Craftsman as well. The quality is amazing, and so are the prices. Great looking products, a huge variety to choose from as well. I like that I can walk into a Sears, check out the products and touch them in person before deciding on purchasing. I definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 17, 2019

What a shame, I invested so much money on quality AMERICAN made Craftsman hand tools over the past 20 years, now if one of my Craftsman tools break they give me a POS Chinese tool of such poor quality. The last set of Craftsman wrenches that I bought were so bad I got a metal sliver when taking them out of the box. Congrats on the money you save by outsourcing your manufacturing, you will no longer receive any of mine.

Original review: July 15, 2019

For me, Craftsman used to be the best there was, with lifetime warranty on hand tools and tough power tools. Sears was the place I bought them. In the last few years things seem to be heading “south”. The Craftsman tools I have still work fine, but for power tools I now also shop other brands.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I have used Craftsman tools for over fifty years. They are very well built, long lasting, and have a terrific warranty. I feel it is better to spend a bit more and get quality than to buy cheap tools and have to replace them yearly.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Craftsman Tools hold up through the years. People have junk tools which they share, and Craftsman Tools which they keep forever. The Craftsman Tools get passed on to the next generation. They don't bend, break, or strip out like other brands. They even feel like great quality! No junk there.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have a Craftsman miter saw. I went out and bought their drill 4 weeks ago. The battery charge lasted longer than I expected it to. Direction were easy enough for my autism son figure it out in 5 minutes. He built some shelves.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've purchased Craftsman Tools for > 50 years. I have found them to be just the right tool, for whatever situation was needed. While I have rarely had to exercise this option, warranties are top-notch and can return/replace tools without a problem. Recommend highly!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Craftsman had been around for a long time. They have all kinds of tools for mechanics, carpenters, plumbers and many others. Their tools are of quality and have great warranty and customer service. Craftsman keeps up with the latest trends in the tool world so you can always get the latest and greatest tools that are available.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Free replacement on any broken tool with no questions asked. Dependable and quality tools that work correctly. Their tool chests are also a good buy but not dependable as some of the other higher quality tool chest manufacturers.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have Craftsman tools that are over 40 years old especially socket sets. When Sears owned the Craftsman name, I bought only Craftsman at my local Sears store. Now I think it is a separate company, but the quality is still there. Great warranty, no questions asked. Many engines have been rebuilt with all my Craftsman tools.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I bought Craftsman because of Sears' guarantee - if the product proved to be defective, no matter the age, it was replaced by Sears. I took advantage of this policy only one time, because I'd no other need to. I still use Craftsman tools that are now over 40 yrs old.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I have purchased Craftsman tools from the first Time I purchased my first tool. All was great until Craftsman started with the limited life time warranty garbage. I once I found Craftsman doing this, I dropped them like a bad habit. I will no longer buy from a company that doesn't stand behind their tools, especially for the professionals who depend on them. Now I purchase Kobolt or Husky. They seem to be a far better product anyway. None of them have broken like the Craftsman do all the time.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Craftsman is great quality, however parts may be a problem. Not sure if one needs to find parts who will have them. Have 40 year old tools still in great shape. Their radial saw is top notch, not so much their scroll saw.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I love Craftman's return policy. You bring the broken one in and walk out with the replacement. No hassles, no problems. Just walk in hold it up and they point you to the new ones simple as that. Grab it and go.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I have always liked and trusted Craftsman. I know they will stand behind what they make. They replaced my dad's broken wrench. It was at least 70 years old! The tools are super strong and really hold up well.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Good, solid and reliable tools. They don’t always have a lot of whistles and bangs, but they hold up and are priced where folks can afford them and know the tools aren’t going to break after the first few uses.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I returned a Craftsman tool after 40 plus years of service because it finally failed with many years of use. Craftsman replaced the tool free of charge with no questions asked. They truly stand behind their lifetime warranty.

Original review: June 27, 2019

My father owned Craftsman and my first tool set was Craftsman purchased at our local Sears outlet. I used these tools when I went to Arizona Automotive Institute straight out of high school. I still have the same tools 46 years and have never regretted any tool. In my opinion that is quality American made by and for Americans.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Drill kit works great. Never had to file for warranty. Batteries are a bit expensive. Got 2 from Amazon for $35.00 with free shipping. This is my first Dewalt tool as I have always used Skill, Rigid, Black and Decker also Craftsman.

Original review: June 25, 2019

So much competition in the market today, but Craftsman tools holds its priceless reputation. We enjoy seeing innovative products and recognize the value of the old, reliably. There are no comparisons when shopping for the best. The Ultra best is supplied by folks who know.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My husband has been using Craftsman tools for sometime. He started using them when Sears was selling them and he really likes them. He doesn't use too many other brands and they are worth the money you pay for them.

Original review: June 23, 2019

The only downside is that Sears was the only store that these tools could be purchased. From what I understand, Sears sold the line to another company, which I cannot recall. Hopefully, the quality does not change. I see where Lowe's is selling the product line.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Good quality tools, great warranty & easily available at Sears & Kmart. Too bad so many closing but also online. Used them for over 15 years as a mechanic. More affordable than Snap-on. That’s all. For higher quality go with Snap-on.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Hope that the new ownership does not reduce quality or warranty on these products. Their hand tools are reliable and durable suitable for contractor use. Their power tools seem to last forever also.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I use Craftsman for 3 reasons...America made! Elite Quality! Lifetime Warranty that they actually stand behind and honor and replace any wrench or tool that breaks as they have ratchets and things for me in my life....They are not liars or cheapskates like most corporate companies owned by liberal greed filled racists.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have used Craftsman tools for about 40 years. They have always performed well. They also have a lifetime guarantee which gives me the confidence to keep purchasing them. They have a nice feel when they are in my hand and look professional too.

Sears expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Craftsman makes and sells tools, work gear and lawn and garden equipment. Craftsman makes a variety of single-, dual- and triple-stage snow blowers. Craftsman snow blowers are available online and at Sears.

• Craftsman 40V Brushless Snow Blower: The Craftsman 40V Brushless Snow Blower uses a 40 V electric motor to give you the power of a gas-powered blower with a battery-powered model. It has a 20-inch clearing width and an intake height of 10 inches.

• Craftsman Quiet Snow Blower: The Craftsman Quiet is a gas-powered snow blower made to have a quieter 208cc engine than most in its class. It has a 26-inch clearing width and a 21-inch intake height.

• Craftsman Pro series: Craftsman’s heavy duty, gas-powered Pro series of snow blowers have clearing widths ranging from 24-34 inches. They are available in both dual- or three-stage models.

• Dual-stage tractor snow blower: Craftsman’s tractor-mounted snow blower has an intake height of 21 inches and a clearing path of 42 inches. These can fit tractors or mowers for removing snow from larger areas.

• Craftsman snow cab: If you are turning a tractor or mower into a snow blower, you can cover the driver’s seat with the snow cab. The snow cab covers the driver and protects them from snow and ice.

• Best for: homeowners with small or large lawns.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Sears Craftsman Tools Company Information