1.50/5

Looking for new cookware?

CorningWare

Looking for new cookware?

CorningWare Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have used your product for years & years. Need help replacing a cover for my small 7 1/4 in by 4 1/4 in by 1 in small item. The # on the bottom is F-15-B 475 ML 12 and on the cover is F-15-VPC. The cover dried out and is all cracked. Perhaps you have a cover to fit this size. The one I have and cannot use is of some sort of rubber material. It is really old, so you can see that I have used your product like forever. I have most of the casseroles that you make and love them. They all have the glass cover. Thanks for your service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I just took chicken and rice out of the oven. Brand new baking dish and glass lid and used it for the first time. I didn’t notice the lid didn’t fit, and am now tending to a steam burn up my arm. Be aware of poor CorningWare Baking dishes. My product was purchased from Walmart...

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have used this electromatic skillet for many years. One of my favorite appliances. I many times put the skillet in the oven or microwave without a problem. Tonight I was microwaving scalloped potatoes & as I took pan out of microwave oven there was a bang & pan broke into 2 pieces with many small shards & splinters. I was very startled & for a minute couldn't figure out what had happened. I knew I had a good grip on the handles & hadn't dropped it; it would have landed on stove if that was the case. I have many CorningWare pieces which I have always loved, but now I'm not sure what to do with them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The casserole dishes French White, that are being sold at Walmart are worthless. The lids rock back and forth and do not touch correctly. I had bought one for daughter's house, and when opened it noticed this immediately. Thought surely this was a one time goof up. Nope... Took it back and opened every one on the shelves and all of them were doing this. I have used CorningWare for decades now and this is the first time I have ever seen such shoddy quality. SAVE YOUR MONEY... Go to Goodwill and buy vintage.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

After a recent dinner the lid to large casserole was drying on rack when we think our cat pushed it off of counter (this cat very precocious). Heard a tremendous shattering sound and found the kitchen floor covered with small pieces and shards of glass - Some landing 10-15 feet away in our living room (found a shard perched on lazy boy seat)... Still finding pieces and really concerned how this lid shattered - very dangerous and not wanting to replace. Think CorningWare should be concerned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CorningWare?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

I purchased a round dish and a rectangular dish, each with glass lids in about 2010. I used them without incident until about 3 years ago when I took the rectangular dish out of the cupboard to use it and discovered a crack line extending pretty much all along the bottom of it. I didn't want a mess to clean if it broke in the oven, so I just threw it out.

Then, in December 2015, the glass lid on the round one was accidentally knocked on the floor. I heard a "pop", went into the kitchen to see what was going on, and saw the tiniest little glass shards just covering every inch of the kitchen floor. The reason this seemed so dangerous, is that it didn't just break into a couple or a few big pieces. The glass just shattered and covered the floor almost as though it were a carpet. I swept it up, but still, days after, I was finding more tiny little pieces in nooks on the floor. For adults, children and pets, this is a safety concern.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

While watching TV the other night, I heard what sounded like glass breakage, but we were all together watching TV. So I figured it was the dishes in the sink shifting. The dog had heard it too because he lifted his head up and looked at me. Anyway the dog's water is in an older white Corningware cereal bowl and it just burst! No one was around. It was just sitting on the floor. My husband noticed it was in a million pieces and asked me what happened. Well I didn't know until I thought back to the sound that I had heard and remembered that the dog heard it too, as I said we were all together watching TV. Weird huh. Glad we weren't in there when it happened.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

While making dinner two weeks ago, I took a 25-year old CorningWare casserole dish from the drawer. At room temperature, it suddenly exploded in my hands. With glass and blood all over the floor, I had a deep laceration across the joint of my thumb. After receiving seven stitches in the ER, I came home to my toy poodle keeping her one eye closed. The next day the Vet examined her and found she had been hit with glass and her eye had multiple scratches. Much pain and emotional stress due to my dog's injury, is what determined my need to write this. All my CorningWare has been thrown away. My friends have thrown away theirs as well. This product should have a safety warning on it!

Original review: June 12, 2015

Back in the early 80's, I bought some pieces of the Spice O'Life cookware. I still have them and am using them almost daily. I bake omelets in the oven in them with no problem. They wash and cook beautifully. I have even found some pieces in THRIFT SHOPS that are still working perfectly. My recommendation to users is PUT THEM IN A COLD OVEN, SET YOUR TEMPERATURE AND COOK. I have NEVER put them in a preheated oven and I think the PREHEATING is what is causing them to explode. That's just my 2 worth. LOVE MY CORNINGWARE. Made in the U.S.A. too!

Original review: June 1, 2015

I was cooking a curry in my white CorningWare dish tonight. I have had it around 15 years. It was in the oven on 180, I looked inside to check if it was doing OK and as I went to move the dish with an oven glove, the dish exploded and showered me with hot curry and shards of sharp CorningWare! Having checked the internet this evening I see this is often the norm! The original company was sold to China and the materials are no longer "from the freezer, to the oven, to the table" as the advert used to say. Very dangerous.

CorningWare Company Information