1.39/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

Continental Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM - They promised $800 flat fee and when had 80% of my furniture in their truck asked for $2300 and refused to take off my furniture unless paid with a deal to come next day and do the remaining within that price. Today they came and water to do another open contract for another $1000. What a fraud. It is my first time in my life to deal with such kind of horrible people. Please do not hire because they will send you a cheap price to attract. I am going to my lawyer as I have voice recordings from both days to put a lawsuit.

Original review: July 13, 2015

This company promised to have our delivery by one week and told us they make many deliveries from NJ to FL. The move actually took 3 1/2 long weeks and every time I called they would give me a different date of delivery. By the third week I was very upset that they again claimed my move won't arrive until the following week and that is when I had enough and demanded to talk to the owner. When I complained about the service and the run around the "owner" was rude. He claimed that he had by law a month to deliver my move. I told him this was false advertisement on their part and poor service. He then told me to shut the ** up!!! He yelled over and over and hung up on me.

I called the Better Business Bureau and placed a complaint against them. My husband and I tried to call the main number to speak to someone else but we could not get anyone to help, just voicemail. Soon as we placed our complaint with BBB they called us to say they will deliver our move at the end of the week. Since we lived in an apt. the driver took 45 min to figure out how to get to our apt in the back of the complex as he claimed it was a tight fit and that he was not experience enough driver. The driver only brought with him 2 helpers and claimed that he does not unload, only drives. The unloading of our move took 4 hours and my husband had to help the movers or else it would have been longer! After all this mess my husband's new power drill bag with bits was missing but I was not about to call. We cut our losses and moved on. Never again will I use this company nor will I recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I recently got bad experience with these guys. They quoted and billed me $1000 and after loading the stuff, they threatened us saying that I've to pay $2000 otherwise stuff will be kept in storage or left at the parking lot so I left with no option in paying $2000 and at the destination also while unloading, the driver demanded $200 and threatened us saying that if I don't pay $200 to driver, luggage will be left at the parking lot which was not at all part of the bill they given to us. Because of this ridiculous company, I end up paying $1200 more than it was quoted.

I've gone through the reviews posted in "Movers.com" before reaching out these guys and thought that it is accurate rating but when I gone through this experience it is no where matching to the ratings. We should trust the reviews only which are outside of moving companies or independent to moving companies. These movers are not recommended. It would be helpful if there is some monitoring governance bodies to handle these companies. I strictly DON'T recommend this company to any colleagues, friends and even for my enemies/viewers. If you are choosing "Continental Van Lines" moving company then think that we are buying hell on our own to empty our pockets/to cut our heads. I would have given less than zero rating had there been any such option on this website.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

They showed up late. They held my belongings HOSTAGE and refused to honor the 'not greater than' estimate that was provided by their missing in action sales associate, even though I had it in writing. They made me pay IN CASH before they would unload the truck - and ended up overcharging based on hours worked. Furniture was left wrapped in plastic. Items were left all over everywhere! And then the 'foreman' had the nerve to ASK for a tip.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

I really wish I had looked more into this prior to the move. Just like every other post on here I was quoted a much lower price than all movers in area. Ended up paying 3X more than I expected and took 6 hours longer than expected. However, this is not even the worst part! They stole some of my stuff. Before I could check the back of the truck they left and took a box with them and a very expensive mirror. I got in touch with the guy and he told me I did not tip him enough money for a job that size. He said if I want the stuff I could drive to Brooklyn and give him $300 more ($100 for ea. guy) and he would return my stuff. I have recorded the conversation and will be going to BBB as well as the police. This company is filled with angry Russian communists and they should be shut down, deported back to their BS country, and shut the companies doors down for good. Do not call any of the referrals that they give you a full list of. Most people you will never reach and the ones that you do they are tiny moves. Sooo ANGRY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

First of all, they have a bunch of foreigners running that company that you don't even understand what they're saying half the time. These men are rude and crude. One of them named Gregory is a very VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, obnoxiously psychotic individual who has the audacity to tell me to ** myself! Then hung up on me, when I told him to calm down when he was getting crazy with me on the phone!!! These people are a scam, they are a ripoff and need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau and have their license revoked if they even have one! Never have I had such a god awful experience!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

This is my worst moving experience. The sales guy gave me a quote of $375 for 3 men and a truck at $75 an hour but I ended up paying $950. They tell you the price only when they are unloading the truck at your destination. These guys are real scam. Do not use these guys for your moving. By the way, the other 5 star reviews are just posted by their own people. Check out this link - https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/continental-van-lines.html

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

We got an estimate that was a third of the cost we ended up paying. The movers showed up late (almost an hour late). They broke some of our China while moving it (they dropped several boxes that were clearly marked "fragile" on the floor). They did not listen when we told them to treat something gently or be careful with something (aka the dropped boxes). It took them over two hours to arrive at our apartment and they billed us by the hour - pretty sure we paid for their lunch. They charged us between $20 to $40 a piece for wrapping items like pictures and chairs - that's a first for me. By far the worst moving experience I ever had. What a ripoff!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2014

I moved from the Bronx to Cliffside Park, NJ which was a relatively short move. These guys demanded Cash upfront, not the original agreement. They were lazy and only worked when you were paying attention. They spoke in Arabic very loudly in my Quiet Neighborhood disrupting my neighbors. They yelled at my neighbor because they were blocking her driveway and she needed to get out. They were disrespectful in front of my family. I had to kick them out of my house and almost called the cops on them. Do not use these clowns. They will quote a lower price than anyone else but you end up paying much more because they drag out the job so they can charge more hours since they charge by the hour.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2014

Charge will keep adding from insurance, packing, tolls, gas, miles, even tips...Was quoted $400 for one bed 800 sq foot with about 10 miles. Trick is they will not say anything and make you comfortable while loading stuff into truck. Once you get to where you moving to, they will add all these charges and I had to end up paying $1,100 cash only. If you refuse to pay, they will not unload your stuff and threat you with time and charge even more. They are late, almost 2 hr late, and broke my furniture. Do yourself a favor and don't get trapped like me. Their way of getting people is to entice with very low price. But there are many hidden costs and end up paying twice more than what is quoted, if you are lucky. I am very upset and angry. I just hope that people don't have to go through what I've been through. DO NOT USE!!!

Continental Van Lines Company Information