2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conn's Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: April 16, 2020

I've had a bad experience for years with them. I got sick with COVID. Called last month and tried to make a payment arrangement. After a half dozen emails from a so called manager I called in. I was told I could refinance. They tell me they can't tell me the apr or if it will extend payments. I said directly to them I do bot accept them terms if it is higher apr or higher payments. The lady lowered my payments to 150 from 220. Today I login to pay this month and my payment is still 220! I just sent the email to the customer service. I'm keeping a paper trail and recording my calls with this crooks. I never got the refinance paperwork. And It looks like I owe more this month than last month! They are ripping me off. I want to sue them. They are offering predatory loans with illegal business practice misleading people.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I was in a bind and needed a new washing machine quickly. I shopped around to different box stores and couldn't get the financing I needed to make my purchase. I had an account at a furniture store and decided to go with a washing machine from there. The sale price was $300 more than the lowest price I found at the box stores and I was prepared to purchase it. Then I thought about the mailers that I had received from Conn's and decided to try my luck with a credit account. I was approved for $7000. Much more than what I needed, but it was good to know that I could afford what I needed. I had to upload information such as my driver's license, SS card, paystub, etc. It took several times before they were able to acknowledge receipt of it. No problem.

We got everything taken care of and I purchased the washing machine online. It was only $50 more than the pricing at the big box store and I got 12 months with zero percent financing. Free credit is for me. Received my delivery date in acceptable time. The issue started when the men showed up with the washing machine. They had an attitude as soon as the entered my home. It was concerning as single female. Then they didn't have the new hoses that I ordered and were upset because they couldn't get the old hose off of my connections to the pipes. It was apparent they couldn't complete their task, so I had them take the merchandise back and I called to cancel the account. When I did that, they asked me to speak with a representative at the local store that was about 30 minutes away from where I live. No problem. I drove to the store and was very impressed with how I was greeted and the service provided the by sales person.

The store was nice and bright and stocked. I told the sales person what I was looking for and to my surprise they had the washing machine I was looking for. They had the matching dryer and like the washing machine, it was only $50 more than the lowest box store price. The set was bottom of the barrel, but I didn't need anything fancy. The sales person showed me some other models that were upgrades and after thinking about everything, I decided to go one model up from the basic and to get the pair. It was smart because I got new appliances with a new manufacturer warranty and having had my other set for more than 10 years, I felt like I was making a good decision for my circumstances.

The sales person got to work on my paperwork when I spotted a floor model MacBook. Was it a 100% necessary? Absolutely not, but with zero percent financing, I decided to purchase it as well. I have to say, my purchases were done with zero sales pressure. I weighed my options that suited my budget and went with it.

I purchased an additional warranty for the washer and dryer, however, cancelled it within the 30 days because I feel like I have the manufacturer's warranty and if it crashes more then 3 times in a year, it would have to be replaced by the manufacturer. Let's move on the signing of the contract, I had a list of questions regarding the 0% financing. What my interest rate was and what would happen if I didn't pay for the items within the 0% financing period? The answer was the interest would be calculated against the original sell price and added to my bottom line. I sat there at the desk and I used my phone calculator and divided the total balance and divided it by 12 months. The result was I would need to pay an additional $100 over and above my minimum payment to not pay interest. And that's what I set out to do.

My delivery went well the 2nd time and the appliances and the MacBook have been working fine. Now we need to move onto making payments. The first payment I made was over the internet using my debit card. It was declined. Tried again, declined. Called customer service to see what the issue was and after having to call several times because the automated system kept routing me to the wrong department, put me into a Spanish queue, disconnecting or getting a busy signal. When I finally got to a representative, I was told their system didn't show I tried to make a payment, so I made the payment over the phone with her and guess what? It went through. That was the point that I was determined to get this account paid within 12 months because I knew they were going to be a hassle.

I set up auto pay to divide my payments based on my pay periods and I've not missed one payment. This is not bragging. It's realizing that if I don't handle my business, this company is going to eat me alive in finance charges and I refuse to deal with them for the life of the loan which was five years. You can't go into this process thinking free credit, because it can cost you big money in the end if you don't make your payments. Read every document and every word of fine print because the terms are stacked against you. Check the prices of competitors out there because maybe it's better for you to save up some money if you don't have to make an emergency purchase. I think Conn's is good for what they offer to the public, but they are in the business to make money, just like everyone else.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We purchased our furniture in November of 2019 didn’t have it delivered until December. The recliner broke within 2 weeks of having it along with the couch making it impossible to put your footrest down without climbing out of it and pushing with all your might. Contacted the customer service and was out on hold for very long periods of time. Sent them the pictures requested they send and email telling you they will contact you within 2 days. Never happened. You have to call them then takes 3 weeks for ordering parts then repairman calls and tries to reschedule and then never shows up call customer service and get the run around. This is now April and still not fixed scheduled for May 2 haha. I will believe it when I see it. This place is a complete joke.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Killeen store, sales rep Yanik ** will lie and not tell you about the warranties and insurance. Unprofessional, did not know the products and had attitude. Of course cause her brother is manager. Will never shop or recommend anyone there. Go elsewhere.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I told Conn's I was on Covid 19 Lockdown and making this month's payment would take all my food money, she laughed and said, "We don't have any help for you." I will never ever shop there again. Totally unamerican company.

Original review: March 23, 2020

In a time of worldwide crisis this places lives up to its name. I came into this store to purchase a deep freezer in order to stock up for the city being put on locked down due to the Coronavirus. For the size of the freezer and the warranty the price was reasonable priced. My and my wife 12 year anniversary is at the end of March so I was looking for a gift for her. I looked at a massage chair for her. I was not necessarily sold because it was something I could, and probably would have come back and gotten at a later date. The most important was the deep freezer. SO the sales lady talked me into getting the chair.

During the signing of the paperwork I specifically asked what the pay off for the freezer and massage chair would be if I had the means to pay it off before even my first payment was due. I was told and pointed out on the contract what the pay off would be. The next day everything was delivered, the very next day I got paid and went to pay off the account and the amount for my pay off doubled. I spoke with the manager and he tried to talked down to me and try to explain how interest works. Which would not have applied in this situation because I only had the merchandise 48 hours. The sales lady admitted to what she told me the pay was and they would not honor that. Then spoke with the district manager and I spoke to their corporate office, with no one willing to honor the price told to me or take back the massage chair.

How do ya’ll live with yourselves ripping veterans off especially during a worldwide crisis. I will never do business with CONN’s because they live up to their name. I will make sure no other person or veteran has to endure being taken advantage of by this company. Your establishment is located in a military town and this is what you all do to us. It will not happen to anyone else, I have the opportunity to speak with. Please read the reviews before going into this DEN of Thieves!!!!

Original review: March 21, 2020

Dealing with Conn's Home Plus is like dealing with the Sopranos. Their loan shark interest rates are punitive toward people with not so great credit. Don't even go into their store without doing the math about how much interest they will charge you. The formula to calculate interest is very simple. Interest equals principal X rate X time. Principal is the amount you are borrowing. Rate is the amount of interest for example 20% and time is the length of the loan. If the time is quoted in months, divide that number by 12. For example 36 months would be 36 divided by 12 equals 3. If you are not comfortable with business math, there are free websites that will do the math for you as long as you can provide the correct numbers.

Conn's will hound you if you choose not to do business with them so don't go to their store and block their numbers on your phone. Their interest rates and credit terms are available on their website so do the math yourself. You will be so glad you didn't do business with them. The Sopranos may be fictional but Conn's is a very scary business to purchase from.

Original review: March 19, 2020

When we opened our account, we were told we have a 10 day grace period after due date. Well, they start calling you as soon as your due date passes. They continue to call my husband at work even though it's supposed to be noted in their files not to because he could lose his job and definitely not be able to make the payments. When you complain, they get really rude over the phone and have very bad customer service skills. I will NEVER buy anything from them again, nor would I EVER recommend them to ANYONE ever again. The interest is so very high and they don't make that completely clear when you sign your agreement. We're paying probably 3 times more for our appliances than they're even worth. Very bad business to deal with.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Purchased a new refrigerator from Conn's. They called and said the deliver was one week out from what was promised, first red flag. After getting the delivery date corrected we received our order. The delivery men came up to the door with the wrong name on the work order with the correct address and of course the wrong merchandise. Second red flag. The drivers said they would go and get the correct model. Ok fine they returned in about 30 minutes with the correct merchandise. Before bringing the refrigerator into the house they were instructed to remove the doors from the refrigerator to avoid damaging it or the property well of course they did not listen damaging the storm door. When we asked where the brochure that come with the refrigerator was they said it was the floor model and they did not have them.

Third and final red flag. The drivers then demanded that we sign for the merchandise. We refused the merchandise after going back and forth with the the drivers and someone from corporate office because no one could tell us what the discount for accepting the floor model would be. We then received a phone call from Conn's corporate office confirming the cancellation. So we proceeded to go to the Conn's location where the purchase was done. At that time we were told by them we could not get the refund until the merchandise had been brought back to the warehouse by the drivers. We made several phone calls to Conn's corporate office. I do not appreciate being told by Alexandria that I don't work for the company and that she does and this is how it works and before hanging up on me that now my refund would take 30 to 45 days now. Would not recommend and will not ever step foot into one of your locations.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I was in the market for a new 4K Smart UHD television. I was talking with a good friend of mine and he told me he got a new UHD TV from Conn's. I went on the Conn's website and they had a large assortment of the latest televisions. After reviewing all of them I decided on purchasing the LG 70" Class 4K Smart UHD HDR TV w/AI ThinQ®-70UM7370PUA. I didn't know it but Conn's offered financing on it. I applied online at the Conn's website and within minutes I was approved for a $5000.00 Conn's credit account.

About an hour later I received all of the documents by email to sign online. All I had to do after that was email to Conn's finance department a copy of both front and back of my driver's license for verification. Shortly after a person from my local Conn's store had called me and he was very professional and asked me if I had any questions and when would I like my new television delivered. I informed him on the date and the time a few days later. On the day of delivery the people who came to my house were professional and had set up my new LG 70" Class 4K Smart UHD HDR TV w/AI ThinQ®-70UM7370PUA television exactly where I wanted it. They made sure I was completely and totally satisfied before they left. I highly recommend Conn's to everyone for excellent professional sales and service. Thank you again Conn's for everything...!

Conn's Appliances Company Information