Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conair Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I have had this hair dryer for about a year and when I was drying my hair the plug caught on fire and Electrocuted me!! I still feel tingling in my arm due to this. It even set my house fire alarm off!! My last Conair hair dryer blew up in tiny pieces everywhere!!! Do NOT buy this product!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have had this hair dryer for approximately 2 years. Today, the cord caught fire and I was electrocuted while holding the dryer. After I plugged the dryer plug into the electrical outlet, a flash and popping started, then a flame shot out of the cord, three inches from the plug (at the junction of the reset plug "box" and the actual cord). The flame continued & could not be extinguished until the plug was removed from the GFI protected outlet. The flame did not trip the GFI in the wall or the blow dryer plug.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I was doing my daughter's hair. She was under it no more than 20 minutes when I smelled melting plastic. The plug melted. It could have caused a fire had the plastic gotten into the outlet. It is very dangerous and should be recalled.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I’ve had this dryer for less than 6 months. This morning while drying my hair I had the dryer in hand behind my head. I heard a sharp cracking sound, almost like a fire cracker, and the dryer stopped. I pulled it in front of me to see what the problem was and saw a quick spark of flame and then the dryer SPLIT OPEN WHILE I WAS STILL HOLDING IT! As I went to put it on down on my rug, a bunch of shards, pieces shot away from the main unit. Thank GOODNESS I wasn’t standing near any water or that it wasn’t my daughter who was using the dryer. BTW the filter was clear/unobstructed. Does Conair not test these products before sending them out into market?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I ordered a product that was under warranty and was told I would receive it in one week. That was the beginning of July. I called back was on hold for 35 minutes. Was told the item was on back order. I waited a month. Called back and gave them my order number. Was told that was the wrong order number but was assured the product will be shipped in seven days. That was the beginning of August.

I called back. After being on hold for 40 minutes was told it would be shipped out in two days. This was two days ago. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Gave the names and dates of the people I spoke to. I said how I had emailed customer service at least five times and never got an answer. Had left two messages for a supervisor and never got an answer and finally after 59 minutes of being on hold the supervisor apologized for my inconvenience and assured me the product would be received in 5 to 7 working days. The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Too many other companies to deal with to have to put up with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conair?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

In an important week ahead at a conference out of town I packed my Conair hair dryer. I have only owned this dryer just over 1 1/2 years. On the 1st day of the conference I went to style my hair and when I turned it on it went from high to low power with the element going to full power and beyond! It made a popping noise and then it burned a large area of my hair off!! Singeing my scalp and burning the hair around where it burned me!! I was part of the group hosting the conference and had to moderate 3 classes!! I was horrified. I did a comb over my missing patch of hair and smelled burnt hair all day!! It even put yellow streaks in my silver hair where it tried to burn more of the area! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! It is not safe to use!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Today I turned my Conair Infinity Pro hairdryer on and while it was pointed at my head the inside shattered and sharp pieces came flying out. It was loud, scary and extremely dangerous. Although I purchased this dryer a while ago, it should not have blown up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Two weeks ago I purchased another Conair 1875 model 3H32. It blew up when drying my hair and the heat burned the tips of my fingers. This is my 2nd purchase of a Conair hair dryer product. The first one only shot out sparks and then died. Different model 1875 than the other. I will never ever buy another Conair product.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Purchased the Conair Wall Mount Mirror in Nickel finish and installed it onto my Brand New Custom Cabinets. Three holes needed, in my cabinet. My bathroom is fully vented. After 5 years the base connected to the cabinet is All RUSTY, Looks terrible. Called Conair, they wouldn’t help. Emailed Conair, and after seeing the pictures, still no help. Only warranted for 1 year.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Infiniti Pro Travel folding hair dryer, Model: INF129RC - beware! - While I was blow drying my hair, the fan grabbed a chunk of my hair through the air inlet grille. The hair was wound around the fan so tight, I had to cut it off. I had just had a $125 precision haircut a few weeks previously, which is now destroyed thanks to this dangerous hairdryer. I wrote to Conair Canada via an online form on their website a few days ago. No reply yet.

Conair Company Information