Margate, FL

4.1/5 (262 ratings)

About Colonial Van Lines

Colonial Van Lines specializes in long-distance relocations. It offers full-service packing and storage options for both household and corporate moves. The company is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and has over 50 years of experience.

Pros

• Rents portable moving containers
    • Free, instant quotes
    • Easy booking process

Cons

• No local moves
    • No international moving services

Bottom Line

Colonial Van Lines assigns a personal relocation assistant to take note of special transportation requirements and moving needs. Sometimes cost estimates change, but the company still offers competitive pricing.

Colonial Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

No response received
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

Pre-move contracting and pricing was professional, courteous, and efficient. Loading was a day and a half late and contracted out to individuals who had a rent-a-truck (Rider). The individuals came with the truck already 3/4 full. There was not enough room to load the contracted number of boxes and furniture of the one bedroom apartment with no appliances. The individuals came without material to protect the mattress or wooden furniture. They had to make two trips and never unloaded the front 3/4 of the truck. They pushed wooden furniture against the floor and walls of the truck, stacked boxes and other items onto unprotected wooden and cloth furniture and unprotected mattress.

The load was to be delivered by the 10th of the next month. Three dates have been given and each time the load has not arrived. There was a dispute about price between the contracted load/unload mover MacRelo and Colonial. Colonial did not appear to know when the load was being delivered each time I call them. They do not proactively call to say they will be late or not arrive. And it is still not set when they will deliver even though the 10th is their stated latest unloading date. Who knows in what shape the load will be. Stay tuned.

Frances,

I am sorry to hear you had a tough moving experience, but do want to let you know I am here to work on resolving your issues. When you have a few moments can you please reach out to me as I would like to begin resolving your issues. I can be reached at (954) 772-1610 ext. 144.

No response received
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

I was very pleased with the initial service and quote I received, but when the crew came to pick up my items (which I had detailed during the quote), they said there were extra costs for some of the items. The representative should have explained that at the time of the quote. When I tried to contact the rep at the time of pick up to get an explanation for the extra costs, neither of the two reps were available and neither called me back when I left a message. That's horrible customer service.

Laura,

I apologize for your moving experience, but do want to communicate I am here to resolve the issues that took place. We recently went through a restructuring process and rely on feedback to make sure we are making changes that will result in a smoother move for future customers. When you have a moment can you please contact Mike Perez at (954) 772-1610 ext. 144.

I look forward to speaking with you and resolving any and all outstanding issues.

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2015

After Consumer Affairs reached out to me, the company emailed paperwork and requested an updated star rating, and to explain my resolution. I will receive minimal compensation after this...supposedly.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

Hands down the worst move of my life, the price was insane for a small amount of stuff. They lost 75% of the parts for my kids bunk beds, which can't be replaced. The guys took almost 8 hours to unload in the winter with all doors open in our house. The whole experience was a nightmare. I would never ever ever use this company again.

Mohammed,

Thank you for allowing Colonial Van Lines to resolve the issues that took place during your relocation. Should anything in the future come up please do not hesitate to contact us.

1-800-970-7498