Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Clorox Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I love this product and am so disappointed in this new sprayer. It doesn't hold up! I had to find another sprayer bottle just to use the product. In additions, the liquid leaks out of the top of the bottle. Please fix this problem.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Clorox bleach is the most useless bleach I have ever used. It's great for fading and removing colours if you splash it on yourself accidentally, but useless for removing stains on whites in the laundry. Where is the old bleach my mother used? That bleach used neat would disintegrate your laundry, but diluted it was wonderful for the whites. I will not buy another Clorox product. Hopefully I can find a bleach that does the job.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have always bought Clorox spray and never had a problem. Today I bought the Smart tube technology, twisted it to on and the trigger broke. And it seems to be sealed so I can't find the problem. You have lost my business.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Hello, I have been in the housecleaning business for 30 years and have been using Clorox cleanup for many years. I have had 3 accidents that have caused damage to the houses I was cleaning due to the sprayer top popping off and I had to pay for those damages. These sprayers do not stay on the bottles securely like when they used to screw onto the bottle!

One of the accidents happened while I was holding the bottle and spraying a shower, the top popped off the bottle and the bottle fell and the bleach solution flew all over the bathroom damaging a carpet, shower curtain and towels. The second accident happen when I knocked the bottle over and the top popped off once again spilling the cleaning solution onto a newly finished hardwood floor and taking off the finish. The third accident just happened yesterday, I was walking out of a bathroom holding the bottle with my hand on the top as if spraying but I was not using the sprayer and the top popped off and the bottle dropped onto newly installed carpet. I now have to pay for that carpet! These are the only accidents I have had in 30 years of cleaning and they were all do to the way the sprayer is attached to the bottle. I am always very careful when refilling these bottle insuring that the top pops into place but they do not stay on well!!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I bought the spray bottle with “new technology” sprayer along with a bottle of cleaner to refill it with. Nothing but trouble since the first time I refilled it. The sprayer does NOT reconnect properly. It will not spray. I have wasted a lot of time trying to reconnect the sprayer. Final straw was this morning when I picked up the bottle and the top come off and the contents spilled all over me and my carpet! Needless to say I expect I’ll have a big white spot! Will look for a more user friendly product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clorox?

Original review: May 25, 2019

What happened to just plain Tilex?? This Clorox with Tilex doesn't work near as well. Please bring TILEX back!! If I wanted water mixed with a little bleach, I could make it myself. Nothing worked like TILEX!

Original review: March 26, 2019

It’s just the same as I read others complain about. While using the Clorox spray bottle the top came off and spilled all over me and kitchen. For the last year I have noted nothing but problems with this product's bottle. The product is ok, the issue is the poor and weak design in their spray bottles. I wish they would please correct the design.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Horrible spray mechanism. Not sure why it ALWAYS leaks. The bleach drips all over my hands! How has this company not addressed this problem?? This is bleach!! It shouldn't be touching our skin AND shouldn't be able to drip onto unwanted surfaces and carpets. Please change the sprayer. In the meantime - I stopped buying it.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I've tried twice now to refill a Clorox bleach cleaning spray, only to have the Smart Tube technology crap out both times. Hm... I then watched the video on the Clorox web page specifically stating that the user needs to refill the bottle "...with the proper chemical (sic)." This prodded my curiosity. Look at the ingredients page supplied by Clorox and you'll find in their product with Smart Tube technology there's an ingredient listed: Dimethicone/Silica/PEG Distearate Antifoam...while in their regular bleach it's not in there.

Clorox describes this ingredient by writing: "Dimethicone/silica/PEG distearates are used mainly as defoamers, although they are also emollients, lubricants and thickeners in cleaning products. They can be used to give formulas a smooth coating, while enabling evaporation without leaving a greasy residue." Honestly now, how many times have you ever cleaned something with bleach and wished..."Gee. I wish there was a lubricant in this bleach water so that there wouldn't be any greasy residue left over after cleaning."

Spray bottles have been around since the 40's and no-one has ever asked to have them redesigned. A quality unit can last years and years. The problem Smart Tube technology proposes to solve of having the last maybe half percent of the product left over in the bottle is a non-issue (which, this technology doesn't fix)...especially when the user intends to refill the bottle anyway. These Smart Tube bottles only work with the product they are selling. They are not trying to sell a better product. They are trying to ensure that people are forced to buy their overpriced product or else the bottle won't work. Is that really Smart for the consumer to buy?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I cannot keep the sprayer from disconnecting from the bottle! Horrible design. I had to research to make sure that I was not missing something in the directions. Nope! That is just how I was using it. Horrible design! HATE IT!!! Guess it is duct tape to make sure. I have always used Clorox Clean-up. Bring back the old bottle!

Clorox Company Information